• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Lulu early game is funny. I ended up roaming around part of the game and had like, a double kill at one point, might have been trying to gank more than the jungler, and had either a kill or assist for 19 of the team's 33 kills. =D They surrendered at 27 minutes as we were about to finish their nexus off.

Inskipp

Some peeps from PAX managed to try out Varrus (the new AD- carry) and put out some details in reddit:

Q: Line skillshot that increases in range as you hold the button down. You can move while it is held down but you are slowed by 20%. The scaling on the max hold one is about 150% total ad + a small base ammount. Range at max hold is around 1100 units (That's what the guy who created him said)

W: Passive: Gains small amounts of magic damage on every attack. At max rank I think it's 30 damage. Everytime you hit an enemy with an autoattack it applies a debuff to them that triggers when hit by another of Varrus's abilities doing a % of their health. 5% at max rank.

E: A medium to long range small aoe like Make It Rain. It's damage is dealt upfront and it slows by a small percent (~30-40%) and leaves behind a field that applies the Grievious Wounds ability.

R: Long range skillshot that does about as much damage as Ashe Arrow. If it hits an enemy champion it snares them for 2 seconds. If there is another enemy within a small range (Dev said it was ~400 range) it will start moving towards them. If it reaches them they are then inflicted by the same debuff that the original target took and take the same damage. It will chain off that target to new targets until there are no valid targets for it to hit.

Passive: When you kill a minion you gain 20% attack speed. When you kill a champion it's a 40% attack speed increase for 6 seconds.
Don't really like his passive. Kayle used to have a very similar passive long time ago (only procced by people dying near her), and it was complete garbage.

Some peeps from PAX managed to try out Varrus (the new AD- carry) and put out some details in reddit:

Don't really like his passive. Kayle used to have a very similar passive long time ago, and it was complete garbage.

Except it was champion only. This one gives you a buff with minions as well.

New jungle video up. This time it's Nocturne!

Nocturne Jungle

DTKT

And they did it again. Dignitas crushed CLG with a shield + heal comp. CLG didn't ban Soraka or Lulu and used a similar comp.

Protect the Kogmaw and you win. :|

Steaks

Don't really like his passive. Kayle used to have a very similar passive long time ago (only procced by people dying near her), and it was complete garbage.

It was actually one of the most broken things in the game.

Boken

Banned
From: http://www.lolpro.com/news/269-hecarim-varus-skills-and-stats-patch-changes

Existing Champion Changes

Akali

Base Health increased to 530, up from 510.
Base Armor increased to 20, up from 17.

Janna

Monsoon now costs 150/225/300 Mana, down from 200/275/350 Mana.

Kayle

Divine Blessing now increases movement speed by 18/21/24/27/30% for 3 seconds, up from 15/17/19/21/23% for 2.5 seconds.
Divine Blessing now heals for 60/105/150/195/240, up from 45/85/125/165/205.
Divine Blessing now costs 60/70/80/90/100 Mana, up from 60/65/70/75/80 Mana.

Orianna

Command: Attack now costs 50 Mana at all levels instead of 50/55/60/65/70 Mana.

Sejuani

Arctic Assault now costs 70/75/80/85/90 Mana, down from 70/80/90/100/110 Mana.

Swain

Ravenous Flock now costs an extra 5/6/7 Mana each second to sustain, down from 5/7/9 Mana.

Ziggs

Hexplosive Minefield now slows enemies for 1.5 seconds, down from 2 seconds.

Zilean

Chronoshift now costs 125/150/175 Mana, down from 200 Mana at all ranks.
Time Warp now costs 80 Mana, down from 100 Mana.

Item Changes

Atma's Impaler now grants Attack Damage equal to 1.5% of your maximum Health, down from 2%.
Doran's Blade now grants +80 Health, down from +100 Health.
Doran's Ring now grants +80 Health, down from +100 Health.
Hexdrinker shield effect now lasts 5 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
Wit's End now has a 2150 Item Cost and 700 Recipe Cost. Up from 2000 Item Cost and 550 Recipe Cost.

Oh god doran's nerf

Blizzard

Banned
I predict people will stop using dorans much if that nerf has a significant effect.

The mana change to Orianna's Q sounds good to me!

JesseZao

Nerfing WE cost too. Blah.

I'm happy with Doran's nerf. The shield was the least cost effective of them and they left it alone. I like taking the shield over boots/pots on Rumble unless I really have to worry about harrass.

DTKT

I predict people will stop using dorans much if that nerf has a significant effect.

The mana change to Orianna's Q sounds good to me!

I'm probably still going to pick double dorans with berseker boots with Vayne. The nerf is just to the effective HP.

Ken

Which champions are good for solo queue normal? I've been using Shen a bit but I've been told he's not very good unless the team is coordinated.

Swig_

Which champions are good for solo queue normal? I've been using Shen a bit but I've been told he's not very good unless the team is coordinated.

Shen is really annoying to play in Solo Queue. Everyone thinks that you should always save them, all the time. The guy invading their jungle getting into a 1v3 fight? Yeah, it's your fault he died. The guy who chases someone past their turrets and dies in their base? Yep, your fault he died.

Ken

Shen is really annoying to play in Solo Queue. Everyone thinks that you should always save them, all the time. The guy invading their jungle getting into a 1v3 fight? Yeah, it's your fault he died. The guy who chases someone past their turrets and dies in their base? Yep, your fault he died.

Yeah, that's kind of why I don't want to play Shen in solo q. :(

What's a good jungler at low levels (without any runes)?

bjaelke

Oh my. That was intense.

I tried him out too but a lot of guides seem to rely on full masteries and full rune pages, so I'm having to recall a lot early on as I'm only level 13ish.
You only need full runes/masteries because the guides assume you're playing against other level 30 summoners.

Ken

Oh my. That was intense.

You only need full runes/masteries because the guides assume you're playing against other level 30 summoners.

I see.

Watching streams, I see that junglers move around a lot when attacking mobs. Does that lessen how many hits they take versus just standing still and attacking?

Arment

Doran's Blade change log is hilarious. From 150 to 80 health and numerous other changes. Always been a strong item but apparently too strong.

Newest Patch:

Doran's Blade now grants +80 Health, down from +100 Health.

V1.0.0.113:

Damage increased to 10 from 9.
Fixed a bug where it was providing an unintended effect. (It was giving 1 gold per 10)

V1.0.0.110:

Cost increased to 475 gold from 435.
Damage increased to 9 from 8.

V1.0.0.106:

Increased the damage granted to 8 from 6.
Health reduced to 100 from 120.
Life steal reduced to 3% from 4%.

V1.0.0.70: Remade.

120 health.
6 attack damage.
4% lifesteal.

V0.9.22.7:

Now sells back for 50% gold from 70%.

V0.8.22.115:

Updated tooltip.

V0.8.21.110:

Gold per 10 sec reduced to 1 from 2.