• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a heads up. I got a shitload of PAX Sivir skins at PAX this weekend. I'll figure some way to hand them all out on monday but I should have enough for most people who want one (I already have around 20 and am going to try to pick up more tomorrow)

i'd appreciate one as well...I actually play sivir but if none are left its all ok just dropping a msg just in case there's one left over.

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone else having client problems? I got into the client, but the debug adobe air launcher crashed when I tried to queue, and even after killing the rads user kernel, lol launcher, client, etc., I can't restart. Everything vanishes after I click the button to bring up the login screen.

*edit* Finally back up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dig should just /ff at 20 minutes if they want to keep giving games to CLG.

Boken

Banned
I stopped watching game 1 after that 1-3 trade in Dig's favour that began on doublelift on bot lane (sooo messy). How did CLG
win
? amazing.

Now for the magical poke team. I wanna see fireworks!

bjaelke

I stopped watching game 1 after that 1-3 trade in Dig's favour that began on doublelift on bot lane (sooo messy). How did CLG
win
? amazing.

Now for the magical poke team. I wanna see fireworks!

It started with Saint getting a triple kill at Dignitas' red buff. Shyvana was just too strong in the end.

dimb

It started with Saint getting a triple kill at Dignitas' red buff. Shyvana was just too strong in the end.
Voyboy would throw himself into three people (Vayne with cleanse, Janna protecting him, and and Anivia with wall). He would do nothing, and Mundo did a terrible job of breaking into the enemy team to follow. Meanwhile Cho and Shyv ran disruption from the rest of their team, and fights went down exactly where they shouldn't versus an AOE centric team in the jungle.

Oh, and Scarra is playing like junk today and couldn't even get his Karthus ult off.

Boken

Banned
Nah fuck AP kog, AP nidalee too strong

Also, wtf is this extended championship business? TSM and CLG never faced each other in the tournament, this hardly makes any sense.

Blizzard

Banned
Does reporting for offensive language ever actually do anything? The last two days in ranked, I have seen so many people spamming "faggot faggot faggot" or "faggot nigger" or "report tristana for being a fucking muslim". It seems way worse than usual.

bjaelke

This shit has got to stop.

jbk2cqwWZ8jp6a.png

Ferrio

Banned
You know I think they should increase the cost of basic boots. Boots+pots it too good of a starting item combo compared to anything else. Especially after dorans nerf.

Avinexus

Also, wtf is this extended championship business? TSM and CLG never faced each other in the tournament, this hardly makes any sense.

Double elimination tournament. Since TSM haven't lost yet they need to lose two BO3 series in order to be out of the tournament. CLG came out of the losers bracket and are out of the tournament if they lose one more series.

I don't know the rules though, so I'm just giving an educated guess.

Einbroch

Banned
So I just turned on the IPL LoL stream...

And I'm watching kpop? What the fuck. Seriously. I understand that Starcraft has a huge Korean audience, but...what?

I'm really confused.

I somehow thought TSM was going to lose that even though they were up like 18-3 in kills.

Edit: Also what is up with the Nocturne bans? I wouldn't have thought he would be a common ban, but I've seen it a few times in the tourney. Target ban or something?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I just turned on the IPL LoL stream...

And I'm watching kpop? What the fuck. Seriously. I understand that Starcraft has a huge Korean audience, but...what?

I'm really confused.

Bubble bubble pop pop.

Blizzard

Banned
Longest 50 minute low elo ranked win ever.

ad_13fjbh.png

People asked for other roles and I screwed up and picked vayne right at the same time that someone else picked ashe. The fifth person decided cait was the perfect combination, so we went 3 mid. It worked ok for 1 or 2 quick turrets, though lee sin kept laning with vlad and screwing things up, and we could have probably done much better but we kept having people go off alone and die.

I was the worst AD (though ashe and I did solo baron), but in the end we got 2-3 kills in spawn, and only big boss graves and like one other person was left defending their nexus turrets, while we had both turrets up as well. We killed the big boss and won the game.

They had 3-4 thornmails at various points, and it was too much for the AD crew. =(

DTKT

Longest 50 minute low elo ranked win ever.

ad_13fjbh.png

People asked for other roles and I screwed up and picked vayne right at the same time that someone else picked ashe. The fifth person decided cait was the perfect combination, so we went 3 mid. It worked ok for 1 or 2 quick turrets, though lee sin kept laning with vlad and screwing things up, and we could have probably done much better but we kept having people go off alone and die.

I was the worst AD (though ashe and I did solo baron), but in the end we got 2-3 kills in spawn, and only big boss graves and like one other person was left defending their nexus turrets, while we had both turrets up as well. We killed the big boss and won the game.

They had 3-4 thornmails at various points, and it was too much for the AD crew. =(

No IE, no PD, no LW? :|

I somehow thought TSM was going to lose that even though they were up like 18-3 in kills.

Edit: Also what is up with the Nocturne bans? I wouldn't have thought he would be a common ban, but I've seen it a few times in the tourney. Target ban or something?

Nocturne is still unbelievably strong. His ganking potential alone makes him feared.

Boken

Banned
CLG's team is really lame. When was cass picked? This low range team will get shredded by vlad+cass aoe

clg delay games really well though

Blizzard

Banned
No IE, no PD, no LW? :|
1. 700 ELO
2. It is super hard to get farm when you have 2-3 AD carries in a lane. Only Ashe was really good at it (spreadshot), and Caitlyn to a lesser extent.

*edit* Oh you meant me, I probably failed on the build yes.

vhfive

Hey everyone send me a pm if you want a PAX Sivir code. I will pool the names tomorrow night and if there are more than 21 (that's the number of codes I have) then I use a random number generator to figure out the winners.

I will pool the names tomorrow at around midnight eastern us time so it gives everyone a chance to get their name.

TLDR send me a pm if you want PAX Sivir

Inskipp

Hey everyone send me a pm if you want a PAX Sivir code. I will pool the names tomorrow night and if there are more than 21 (that's the number of codes I have) then I use a random number generator to figure out the winners.

I will pool the names tomorrow at around midnight eastern us time so it gives everyone a chance to get their name.

TLDR send me a pm if you want PAX Sivir
I sent you a PM a few hours ago, does that count? >.>

inky

Do you guys think LoL could be changed enough (maybe through items) so that it allows much more varied team comps? I think much of the boredom derived from watching the games comes from its predictability. It just really seems to fall to the teams doing the same thing over and over, with the same timings, etc. It seems there is very little wiggle room about what works and what doesn't.

Do you guys think LoL could be changed enough (maybe through items) so that it allows much more varied team comps? I think much of the boredom derived from watching the games comes from its predictability. It just really seems to fall to the teams doing the same thing over and over, with the same timings, etc. It seems there is very little wiggle room about what works and what doesn't.

I was entertained by Dignitas' three support one super carry comp, but yea, most of the rest of the games were fairly predictable in which 20 champions would be selected/banned.

dimb

Most of the games were stomps or steamrolls after the early game. Hopefully the experience changes on killing higher level players in the next patch helps some, but right now an early lead is all it takes.

I also think the newer jungle facilitates a much smaller champion roster. Without a fast AOE clear the junglers cannot keep up, and without much potential to really carry from the jungle the mid and top lanes just become way too important in mid game. At one point I think I saw Scarra at level 18 while the enemy jungler was around like 13 or 14. It's absurd.

Mid and top lane champ select and item builds also get hurt by the jungle change. Late game hyper carries simply aren't as viable, and the top lane champion needs to be strong during the mid game to assert their level dominance and control the map. I do not see the jungle being changed back at this point though, and I'm not really sure what fix for bland games there is. The power of blue buff is just so huge too. It has to go to mid, and AP champs that get the most from it just become necessary at higher levels of play. How could you ever run Rumble mid when the enemy team can throw a blue buff Cassio or Karthus against you?

IPL4 kind of sucked. The game just isn't facilitating many big plays right now and its too easy for one team to pull away early while the other team just turtles up before an almost unavoidable loss. What's worse is that a Kog'maw nerf will be inevitable after this tournament. I will be stunned if the Janna buffs go through in the next patch too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I'm surprised they aren't releasing anymore 5v5 maps. SC2 had somewhat of a similar problem early release, players kept using similar rush strats that made for very boring matches. Blizzard decided to start releasing bigger maps in order to change the game up. I understand that LoL and SC2 aren't directly comparable like that but some new maps couldn't hurt.

I agree, LoL has already differentiated itself from its predecessor, I don't think there's any reason to keep play to just one competitive map. New maps that encourage different styles of play would be great. And I'm not talking about Dominion clones or anything like that.

dimb

I'm surprised they aren't releasing anymore 5v5 maps. SC2 had somewhat of a similar problem early release, players kept using similar rush strats that made for very boring matches. Blizzard decided to start releasing bigger maps in order to change the game up. I understand that LoL and SC2 aren't directly comparable like that but some new maps couldn't hurt.
They tried with Magma Chamber, but I think they worry about splitting the player base from Summoners Rift and having something that is balanced in a similar way while offering something new.

Pancakes

They tried with Magma Chamber, but I think they worry about splitting the player base from Summoners Rift and having something that is balanced in a similar way while offering something new.

They could offer an temporary IP bonus to encourage players to test out the new maps. Or, they could have a map selection sort of thing. Like say you want to play classic 5v5: you could veto Magma Chamber if you don't want to play it or just leave it in and let people play both.

DTKT

Balance becomes really tricky when you get two different maps. I don't think that Riot wants to tackle that issue yet. I mean, changing one hero because he's too powerful on one map will impact his performance on the other.

inky

Well, they did try to change it up with Twisted Treeline and Dominion, but most people consider the tri-lane dotaesque map to be almost perfect and it is obvious they like it more. Also, the focus is different in each and people like their farming lanes, so how much can you really change it. Some would say a different map would be like changing the football field, so at that point it stops being football.

I think at this point people just have found the most efficient way of playing this one map, and especially a champ composition that work best in it with no room to change it up. Jungle is too important to not have one person there, your AD carry scales very well and you absolutely need someone to support him, so at that point your other 2 lanes become no brainers. I do think tho that if the map were a bit bigger it would change things up, but I wouldn't be against a different map that allowed for other types of play. I also think that baron gives too much of an advantage to a team, I mean, how many games you see that the other team either just have to wait it out or gets steamrolled up to the T4 towers with that buff alone. IDK, I'm totally a scrub, but that is what I've seen.

Balance becomes really tricky when you get two different maps. I don't think that Riot wants to tackle that issue yet. I mean, changing one hero because he's too powerful on one map will impact his performance on the other.

How about you hero balance per map? But it's true, it might get too confusing at that point/be too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom