• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

hecarim5.jpg

looks amazing

JesseZao

New champ sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Wonder if people will actually, seriously, take boots of swiftness on him? Sounds like it synergizes well with his kit. Or maybe gotta go fast boots would work too.

With Udyr I've been torn between greatly preferring tiger stance for ganks/counter jungling but disliking the weak jungle clear speed pre wriggles. I've settled on starting phoenix at 1, but then getting tiger at 3 or 4 and going full tiger stance from there. It works really well imo, I've carried pretty hard since I've stared using it. Item wise I go boots 3 pots -> wriggles -> merc treads -> phage -> aegis -> frozen mallet -> whatever other tank items are needed to deal with whoever is carrying. I've been running it with 9/12/9 masteries and AD reds/quints, armor yellows and MR per level blues.

Blizzard

Banned
I was told to basically never get Q and never use it with Udyr, so who knows. Without movespeed quints my biggest problem seems to be that even with E, my movespeed stays like 390 so I can't catch people to stun when ganking.

Q8D3vil

best cheap character is kayle but no one knows how to play it properly.

she is fighter/tank/support with amazing farming and flank abilities.

I can't believe there's still nothing being done about leavers. Something must be done because it is not fun to have 10-20% of the games you play ruined by a leaver. Compensation of some kind has to be given out for that shit. And I mean beyond bannings. Of course I want leavers prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but that still doesn't give me my 20-50 minutes back. Forgive the loss, buff minions, add a bot, do SOMETHING Riot. It's so stupid.

They should cut surrender time by 10 mins for every leaver on your team. If there are >=2 leavers you should be able to surrender anytime because you're not gonna win that at all.

Boken

Banned
Well I guess it's nice that Hecarim has a charge mechanic.

I was told to basically never get Q and never use it with Udyr, so who knows. Without movespeed quints my biggest problem seems to be that even with E, my movespeed stays like 390 so I can't catch people to stun when ganking.
I used to have that problem when ganking with udyr. The trick is to treat yourself like a skillshot and run behind them, rather than right clicking on them with bear stance from far away. Right click means you end up running in a curve, rather than a straight line.

With Udyr I've been torn between greatly preferring tiger stance for ganks/counter jungling but disliking the weak jungle clear speed pre wriggles. I've settled on starting phoenix at 1, but then getting tiger at 3 or 4 and going full tiger stance from there. It works really well imo, I've carried pretty hard since I've stared using it. Item wise I go boots 3 pots -> wriggles -> merc treads -> phage -> aegis -> frozen mallet -> whatever other tank items are needed to deal with whoever is carrying. I've been running it with 9/12/9 masteries and AD reds/quints, armor yellows and MR per level blues.
Tiger udyr is for ganking and counter jungling. If you like tiger, you should become proficient in those areas... Phoenix at 1 seems a little pointless because after a few levels it becomes weeker than tiger and so you've basically lost a level so you can clear faster at level 1/2? Heres an early game clear tip with tiger - activate tiger, the proc will stay on indefinitely. Hit the target, then activate tiger again, giving you tiger proc x 2. This can be done while walking to the next camp

Avinexus

Tiger is used for top lane Udyr, its just Phoenix has much faster clear times in the jungle. Its not that Tiger start is bad per se, it does more damage during ganks. So you either get more damage during ganks or faster clear times.

But yeah, you really need movespeed for him. You can always flash-stun though, I do it quite often even with movespeed quints/masteries.

Like lazerexplosion said, you can try out different stance builds. Starting phoenix for early clear times, then switching to Tiger the rest of the game. Going full Tiger. Going full Phoenix. All of his abilities have 5 levels, so you can pick and choose what you want. You can even go 4 in Tiger and 4 in Phoenix if you wanted to.

Tiger udyr is for ganking and counter jungling. If you like tiger, you should become proficient in those areas... Phoenix at 1 seems a little pointless because after a few levels it becomes weeker than tiger and so you've basically lost a level so you can clear faster at level 1/2? Heres an early game clear tip with tiger - activate tiger, the proc will stay on indefinitely. Hit the target, then activate tiger again, giving you tiger proc x 2. This can be done while walking to the next camp

Phoenix clears jungle faster throughout the entire game and clears waves a ton faster. Tiger is only faster at killing buffs. Phoenix is less mana intensive and doesn't need Wriggles, allowing you to do many different builds right from the start.

I've been playing a lot of Urgot lately.

His early game is terrible, but once you're get a tear and some boots, it's on.

After you get your core, your unstoppable. You do so much damage with only two or three actual damage items.

I do 13/10/7 masteries, armor yellows, scaling mr runes, and ad reds and quints.

My typical build is mercs/tabi, manamune, bloodthirster, brutalizer, guardian angel, then whatever else. Game almost always ends before last item.

Boken

Banned
Phoenix clears jungle faster throughout the entire game and clears waves a ton faster. Tiger is only faster at killing buffs. Phoenix is less mana intensive and doesn't need Wriggles, allowing you to do many different builds right from the start.

Yes, but the guy wants to play tiger udyr and is getting phoenix at level 1. My advice was tailored to that. Please read things properly

Blizzard

Banned
I can't believe there's still nothing being done about leavers. Something must be done because it is not fun to have 10-20% of the games you play ruined by a leaver. Compensation of some kind has to be given out for that shit. And I mean beyond bannings. Of course I want leavers prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but that still doesn't give me my 20-50 minutes back. Forgive the loss, buff minions, add a bot, do SOMETHING Riot. It's so stupid.
You should try playing ranked, about half the games have at least one person either afk, ragequitting, disconnecting off and on, disconnected for 5+ minutes, etc.

Well I guess it's nice that Hecarim has a charge mechanic.

I used to have that problem when ganking with udyr. The trick is to treat yourself like a skillshot and run behind them, rather than right clicking on them with bear stance from far away. Right click means you end up running in a curve, rather than a straight line.

I know how to use tiger stance lol wtf. Clearing faster at level 1-4 is a huge gain because it means you don't suck in the jungle before you get wriggles and can therefore clear quickly, gank earlier, build wriggles earlier for more power and come out ahead.

Blizzard

Banned
900 elo something something
No, I think this has been happening since 1000 elo or whatnot. It's 700 now.

It's getting good -- my latest team had three people calling everyone "faggot", at least one people spewing racial stuff about black people, one person possibly intentionally feeding (walking into enemy team alone twice, like into a turret, and typing :) and <3 afterwards), and a 1/19 karthus who would basically do nothing but walk into an enemy each time he respawned to do nothing but die and use the ult.

XeroSauce

Bought Naut, started at wolves with cloth+5pot and was my first time jungling after a failure that I will not elaborate on a few weeks ago.

Went 5-3-20! His ganks are fantastic and zipping around the map handing out kills and buffs is really fun.

A lot of people dislike his sluggish animation but I love the way he swings his anchor, really emphasizes the whole "Don't mess with me" attitude he has.

Can't waait to practice him some more.

Ack I really have to stick to my pre-emptive mute all teammates strategy. Then I can pretend my teammates aren't HUGE douchenozzles. Apparently just winning my lane by double cs is not enough, I also have to literally win the lane for top who is feeding 4 kills without ganks and bot who is feeding 4 kills without ganks otherwise they'll tell me that 'You suck' and 'Its your fault'. Fuck you teammates, fuck you. Try saying something useful instead of making me hate you.

Boken

Banned
I know how to use tiger stance lol wtf. Clearing faster at level 1-4 is a huge gain because it means you don't suck in the jungle before you get wriggles and can therefore clear quickly, gank earlier, build wriggles earlier for more power and come out ahead.

Except you'll come out missing a level in tiger, gimping your gank damage. Not only that, your runes are either tiger runes or phoenix runes and inefficient anyway. Just go tiger, go steal the opponents red and gank at level 2. Alternately, you can get your red and gank the jungle opponent at his wolves by going there after you take your big wraith the 2nd time.

I think picking one stance and playing to its strengths (tiger - ganking, counter jungling, fast dragon. phoenix - farming, counter clearing) is more optimal

No, I think this has been happening since 1000 elo or whatnot. It's 700 now.

It's getting good -- my latest team had three people calling everyone "faggot", at least one people spewing racial stuff about black people, one person possibly intentionally feeding (walking into enemy team alone twice, like into a turret, and typing :) and <3 afterwards), and a 1/19 karthus who would basically do nothing but walk into an enemy each time he respawned to do nothing but die and use the ult.

Why havent you carried yourself out yet

ehehehe

Blizzard

Banned
Why havent you carried yourself out yet
I'm terrible, and I think getting a team with a chance of winning gets more random the lower you go. :p

I found a new Udyr guide and tried going tiger with some bear. I accidentally got a bunch of phoenix levels too, but even with them, I went 10/0/6 and we killed the nexus in under 24 minutes. It was fun.

Ken

Started trying out Skarner jungle. Really fun, and I like the jungle because I don't have to fight over a lane. Also, his ultimate is pretty fun to use. I have a harder time ganking with him than someone like Nocturne though because he's Skarner is pretty slow without W.

KKRT00

She's so good that when any random picks her up, me and my friends drop from the queue. Same with Evelynn and i'm serious.

Delodax

I agree. Been trying her out in jungle and she is quite awesome. Great clear time, great ganks, great ult.

Wrekt

I've actually been having some fun as AD bot lately. I was planning on picking up Kog'Maw but I need another jungler and Hecarim looked awesome. And now we see another AD carry in the pipeline. It is so tough to choose.

Edit: Of course the archer might be AP. Still might wait.

Boken

Banned
I'm a big pussy too, so I know how Summons feels. My advice is to stick to ranged champions with escapes so you never have to fully commit!

I've played enough games with you to know you're a good player. You're skilled. Your issue is being too afraid to commit to fights.

I vouch for this. The weird thing is, when Summons plays AGAINST me, in lane, he's super aggressive and makes my life hard. I guess I'm not intimidating enough.

But yeah, he generally does not have a good sense of when to engage and when not to engage.

Not that I'm any better, mind you. That's why I stick to Dominion! ENGAGE 90% OF THE TIME.

apparently, i only play dominion now :O

yesssss

Blizzard

Banned
I vouch for this. The weird thing is, when Summons plays AGAINST me, in lane, he's super aggressive and makes my life hard. I guess I'm not intimidating enough.

But yeah, he generally does not have a good sense of when to engage and when not to engage.
I'm not sure beating you in lane is a huge accomplishment. :p I can be quite aggressive in lane and the jungle, often get first blood etc., if I feel I am comfortable with the situation, the wards, the champion matchup, and my champion.

In general I have terrible judgment and terrible skills though.

Boken

Banned
Playing against people you know doesn't count as evidence of anything. Theres too much metagaming going on - you end up playing the person, not the match up.

Anyway, laning isn't what we mean by Summon's is a pansy. Laning is generally 1v1 so there are less unknowns, and it's less scary. But team fights? Thats where scaredy cat play rears its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom