• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NKsjC.jpg

Feels good

haha roy...anyways that was a KS varus y0...nah j/k that champs is very mixed bags right now. I beat a couple of varus's but your varus was on point

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
5 things on Varus...

1) I'm pretty sure his Q gives him the longest poke in the game now

2) You really have to synergize with your W correctly. It's hard though with your Q being on such a long CD.

3) Like everyone predicted his E slow is pretty much eh

4) His ultimate is a great root against teams that don't have correct spacing. It can really wreck a team. The problem is people on your team all think it's a stun and not a root/snare ie they other team can still attack. People need to figure out the difference.

5) His passive is the only thing I'd really rework. Having to kill something 1st to get your passive going just isn't as opportune as you'd think it might be.

PS: AP/Hybrid in THEORY seems like a good idea, but his W ratio sucks hardcore and some say it doesn't work with spell vamp either. He's a prime candidate to say to Riot that they need to release a new AD Caster item ASAP. Until them straight AD Carry Build.

bjaelke

This bo5 game in the OGN series is brilliant. Blind pick. Both teams picking Shen and Graves.

It's a replay of the semi final.

Ferga

What i learnt to do in teamfights with varus:

Auto attack someone 3 times, Q them right after AAing the 3rd shot without charging it to proc the W damage.

Auto attack attack them 3 times again, then E.

Use R for a bunched up group of people. If there isn't a bunch of people, save it to snare tanky melees jumping on you or use it to get escaping people.

3 games, 3 wins.
Sometimes, the perfect LoL evening happens...

First game, I was Cho'gath top against Yorick because yaddayaddacounter and, thanks to some good lane synergies and an excellent performance of our first-time-picked-after-buying Varus, won hard.

Second game, had one of the first picks and picked Yorick. The enemy team picks Cho'gath and I'm expecting to suffer like my opponent of the previous match. Nope, me and Mundo wrecked the fat zerg without problems. Bot lane was Miss Fortune (us) vs Varus (them), but our carry dominated the opponent. Good.

Third game was ranked, picked Malazhar against Anivia mid. Boring farming lane, with failed ganks from their Warwick and Anivia who hugged the tower like her favorite teddy bear. Then the game started getting more dynamic with roaming ganks everywhere, a couple of barons in our favor, the Varus on our team with TONS OF DAMAGE and a Nasus who farmed his Q against Yorick for around 30 minutes, and had +430 damage on it.

Then there are evenings where everything goes pear shaped, and I have to struggle to avoid raging hard on Teamspeak... :D

You bastard, I've got all your shit teams; 3 games 3 loses guaranteed before 10 minutes in. Including the Varus/Fi bot lane where at 7:30 Varus had 4 deaths and 4 kills.... of minions. Yep 4 cs at 7:30 with 4 deaths. It's bad beyond rational explanation.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess I've continued to get lucky teams since I'm certainly not always carrying. Since the horrible feeding/afk experiences 4 games in a row, I got 7 more ranked wins in a row (riven, gangplank, 5 kat). The only one where I did super badly was where I literally last-picked katarina into a team full of 5 katarina counters AND I think I kept making mistakes. I got murdered but I still ended up like 7/8/15, and a good urgot carried us since I guess the other team was even worse than us.

Over 1100 elo now, 400+ since I started learning kat.

garath

It's so satisfying to have a good Brand game. His skill shots aren't always the easiest to use but when done right he can turn ganks and dish out massive burst. And fear if he's fed early. He has to be one of my favorite AP mids.

Getting handy with Shyvana in the jungle too. Ganks aren't great but she clears fast and can jump in a losing fight to turn the tide.

Somax

You bastard, I've got all your shit teams; 3 games 3 loses guaranteed before 10 minutes in. Including the Varus/Fi bot lane where at 7:30 Varus had 4 deaths and 4 kills.... of minions. Yep 4 cs at 7:30 with 4 deaths. It's bad beyond rational explanation.

The wheel of fortune turns around and around. :D

Also, in those first 2 match both my opponents top tried to tower dive me at level 3 because I was a little careless and almost dead and both died giving me FB. Trolololo.

Q8D3vil

some people are just retarded
i was bottom support with ad when our turret was destroyed in the mid game (all of their team attacked us) the top said "omg, report bottom feeders" and he proceeded to say how shitty we are
the scores
blitz (me) 0-0-5
vayne (ad) 5-2-0
irelia (top) 2-5-1

i said to him " you mean u want us to report you?" then everyone was making fun of him and t elling him to stfu.

i swear, sometime players just don't want to play a team game and rather flame instead.

Ferrio

Banned
that's what I am doing basically, Diablo 3 until GW2

I was so sad when I found out skills are unlocked through level requirements in Diablo 3. Meaning you have to wait up to like level 50 to have full access to all skills. Guild wars has spoiled me.

Boken

Banned
All base skills are available at level 30.

Real game starts at inferno.

GW2 is on the extreme side of skill progression - to a fault. Lacked the satisfaction of getting new kewl skills as you level.

Achtius

GW2 is on the extreme side of skill progression - to a fault. Lacked the satisfaction of getting new kewl skills as you level.

you still get traits and stuff unlock at various levels

Boken

Banned
I know that.

But traits aren't as powerful as new skills

And utility bar skills arent as cool as your normal offensive skills.

Ferrio

Banned

You do get new skills.. but you get to choose which you get first.

I know that.

But traits aren't as powerful as new skills

And utility bar skills arent as cool as your normal offensive skills.

My utilities+traits is what made my character.

Thing is when you unlock by level, it makes it seem like X skill is better than Y just because it's behind a higher level requirement.

Boken

Banned
I don't deny that GW2 has customisation. So sure, they made your character.

But as level up incentives, they're not as powerful as a new skill.

Also I'd like to point out that you still have to level up to get your traits and utilities and yet "GW2 has spoiled me" (regarding leveling up to get skills) HA.

Except youre a better gamer than that - "because this skill is newer, it must be better". Are you really going to stick with that logic? come on son.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't deny that GW2 has customisation. So sure, they made your character.

But as level up incentives, they're not as powerful as a new skill.

Also I'd like to point out that you still have to level up to get your traits and utilities and yet "GW2 has spoiled me" (regarding leveling up to get skills) HA.

Except youre a better gamer than that - "because this skill is newer, it must be better". Are you really going to stick with that logic? come on son.

You have to level up for them.. but you get the choose the order. That's the distinction I'm making. You still have a limited amount of skills.. but you get to play the character how you want earlier.

By no means a deal breaker, just a little sad.

Blizzard

Banned
So guys, how about that League of Legends, it's pretty cool eh? Eh? Eh?

I have like 10000 IP now, so I'm rapidly becoming a J Rizzle. "I'm so rich, what on earth do I buy?!"

Boken

Banned
So you get the 5 utilities you want straight away, and then the other level ups are less meaningful because you didn't want them first. I mean, you got to level 20 in GW2 and all, thats nice. But what are you going to do for the other 60 levels? You didn't want the other utilities!

I'm not saying that level up skills are the best option, but the extreme (gw2) isn't any better - theres less level up satisfaction and incentive.

Shh summons

Varrus is ok

I just grabbed Cass. She does WAY too much damage, holy fuck. You can dish out 2000 damage in two seconds flat if you hit all four of you shots. Then she has good sustain damage too. I'll need to get used to her early game, but her late game is just easy as hell.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So guys, how about that League of Legends, it's pretty cool eh? Eh? Eh?

I have like 10000 IP now, so I'm rapidly becoming a J Rizzle. "I'm so rich, what on earth do I buy?!"

That one champion you'll never play or the one rune page you'll never use.

The choice is yours.

Ken

I just grabbed Cass. She does WAY too much damage, holy fuck. You can dish out 2000 damage in two seconds flat if you hit all four of you shots. Then she has good sustain damage too. I'll need to get used to her early game, but her late game is just easy as hell.

I've always wanted to use Cass but...so ugly. :(

Ferrio

Banned
I've always wanted to use Cass but...so ugly. :(

Shut your mouth, she's sexy.

She does do a lot of damage... but it's sustained damage. Meaning if you can't position well, or be protected you won't do much in a fight at all. Also having people turn soon as you pop your ult is so aggrivating. But ya if you're ignored, positioned well, and can kite.... you tear shit up.

Merovin

13/2/10 as Anivia in a ranked game, enemy team had four people. What do my team decide to do? Try and solo everything...

I just had a masterful ranked game as Maliphite. I somehow ended up starting the game with the first eight kills. That's right 8-0 start. I didn't even gank until about lvl 5. One kill top, double kill bot (w/ ult), free dragon, up to a kill mid. On my first back I bought two gp/10 and a glacial shroud. Feels good mang.

Blizzard

Banned
I just had a masterful ranked game as Maliphite. I somehow ended up starting the game with the first eight kills. That's right 8-0 start. I didn't even gank until about lvl 5. One kill top, double kill bot (w/ ult), free dragon, up to a kill mid. On my first back I bought two gp/10 and a glacial shroud. Feels good mang.
Malphite jungle I assume? A malphite jungle had the first 5 kills in a recent ranked game for me I think. It was great since he was like "Bait Shaco, he'll come", so I walked forwards as 1/3 HP kat, kind of pushing the abandoned mid tower. Shaco showed up out of the jungle, maybe ulted, chased me towards the river bush, and promptly got double ulted or whatever, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom