• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Why.jpg

Btw, if you guys have xbox live, you can watch IPL5 on the big screen!

So hyped. Every group has good matches. Impressive distribution, ign. (except group c perhaps)

Group C doesn't have any big powerhouses on the worldwide scale, but I feel like it's the most even in terms of skill. All the other groups have 2 clear cut favorites, but I could see any team winning C.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
All I know is I played Skarner and snowballed kiunch hard at top

Dog and lobster combo!

enhanced-buzz-27484-1277759304-2.jpg

garath

Rengar strong. Beat out jax with just boots and jax with a vamp scepter and a longsword

edit: makes me want to throat punch all the whiny players that say rengar isn't viable.

TD is playing better against the REALLY fast moving asian teams than any NA team I've seen so far.

edit2: I take that back. TD was playing really well controlling objectives but their teamfighting was not up to snuff.

Is anyone else having connection problems on the EU West server today? Everytime I start a game I DC during the loading screen and constantly get that "server is busy" message everytime I try to login subsequently for at least 30 mins... Meaning I must've been reported at least 10 or 15 times today for AFKing when I can't do anything about it. oO

garath

Curse vs M5 now. Go M5!

They've been playing quite good lately. Granted, against mostly NA teams, but still.

I'm interested to see how well Rhux will do.

Another Rengar pick! and Akali on Voyboy. He plays a VERY good Akali. But against rengar? wow. So crazy.

Ok as much I love Janna, I'm sick of only being able to perform decently with her. It's the only way for me to win games at a decent reate while feeling very useful to the team.

Any recommendation on other heroes to play? I like melee heroes a lot, but not the glass canon type.

Q8D3vil

Rengar strong. Beat out jax with just boots and jax with a vamp scepter and a longsword

edit: makes me want to throat punch all the whiny players that say rengar isn't viable.

TD is playing better against the REALLY fast moving asian teams than any NA team I've seen so far.

edit2: I take that back. TD was playing really well controlling objectives but their teamfighting was not up to snuff.
are they still playing khazix patch ?
rengar is super op on that patch.

zkylon

zkylewd
There's something about Katarina's where they've colluded to stress me out as much as possible....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0RkZ-_Xyc
lol I fucking hate when they do that, but I often am dumb and do it myself heh.

Ok as much I love Janna, I'm sick of only being able to perform decently with her. It's the only way for me to win games at a decent reate while feeling very useful to the team.

Any recommendation on other heroes to play? I like melee heroes a lot, but not the glass canon type.
Olaf is pretty cool, easy and strong. Not as pretty as Janna tho.

Have you tried Jax? He gets pretty tanky and his E helps absorb some damage and Q can be used to chase or escape.

Cathcart

Darius, Irelia, Mundo and Nautilus all come to mind. I haven't actually played Darius yet but he's pretty popular. The other three I like a lot but for very different reasons and they're all a lot of fun. Irelia has good sustainability and she just kills shit. Mundo is fun to jungle with, Nautilus has a ton of utility. I started playing Nautilus jungle but he's kinda slow for it so recently I've been playing him as support with my friend as MF and we've had really good success with it. We're kinda bad so I can't speak to how well that works at "pro" levels but I kinda don't care because it's a good time :)

garath

are they still playing khazix patch ?
rengar is super op on that patch.

They're playing the Elise patch. That's post nerf iirc.

M5 too strong. Curse had it and just didn't quite followup with their lead. Genja on Ashe got soooo farmed.

And rengar ended with a brutalizer, kindle gem, fon, warmog's and bonetooth. 3600hp lol.

There's something about Katarina's where they've colluded to stress me out as much as possible....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0RkZ-_Xyc

You played that really well. Kudos. Of course the Kat will probably take credit. :p

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Leona

Boken

Banned

Jax and Irelia are the golden children of "carry" melee champions

Man picking akali is so damn risky now in the world of 2v1

Wrekt

I recommend just playing a bot game with a free week champ as your first game of the day. You'll eventually find other champs that click with you.

Either that, or wait for Nami. She has some skills that are similar to Janna (ranged AoE knockup in particular.)

zkylon

zkylewd
Buying Jax is a good suggestion. He's crazy good and pretty easy and the dumbest person I've ever known that plays LoL rocked him, so anyone can pick him up and do good.

Also he cheap

Jax and Irelia are the golden children of "carry" melee champions

Man picking akali is so damn risky now in the world of 2v1
You sure you don't mean dumb? This isn't solo queue, how in all hell do you expect to beat M5 with Akali...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
M5 too strong. Curse had it and just didn't quite followup with their lead. Genja on Ashe got soooo farmed.
Curse had nothing. It is pointless to pick up global objectives if they aren't giving you a gold advantage or genuine map control.

Boken

Banned
I wouldn't go as far as calling it dumb, since she has amazing synergy with Orianna, they're just taking the calculated risk of getting owned in lane vs akali+orianna combo potential... and I think the risk lies on the owned in lane side.

Curse had nothing. It is pointless to pick up global objectives if they aren't giving you a gold advantage or genuine map control.
What, the map control was by all means genuine since they had oracles and SV was being pretty good at clearing wards, their main problem was that after they took the last t1 tower, they just had no clue what to do and then SV screwed his team over trying to make a play at m5's blue and got completely outplayed (m5 saw them at the drag bush ward, they cleared it, and went straight to m5 blue where m5 was waiting)

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't go as far as calling it dumb, since she has amazing synergy with Orianna, they're just taking the calculated risk of getting owned in lane vs akali+orianna combo potential... and I think the risk lies on the owned in lane side.
There are many better choices, like Irelia/Jax/Olaf/Mundo, all of who have CC, crazy damage and survivability. Some of those go really well with Ori too. Or Malph, or J4, whatever...

I dunno, I like Akali, but anyone with smarts can null out your W and I feel she's pretty bad in top. I feel she has no place in serious play right now.

mercviper

God damnit.

I feel like the only hero I can remotely play correctly is Janna. Everyone else seems like it's cruise control for terrible, at least, in my case.

I'm doing okay-ish with Garen, Caitlyn and Miss Fortune, but not on the level as Janna, which isn't that high to begin with.

I have something like 125-140 w/l ratio on normal games, which is starting to affect me more and more...

I started to play Ezreal. He looked quite powerful. I suck at him :(

Don't let that w/l get to you, you're still pretty new to the game :x

What is it about Janna that you like? The ability to peel for your AD as a support? Do you enjoy the support role more, or would you rather carry a game?

As suggested earlier, Jax would be a good champ to try out. He's relatively tanky thanks to his E and R, and the passives he has allow you to dish out a lot of damage without necessarily having to build it.

dimb

What, the map control was by all means genuine since they had oracles and SV was being pretty good at clearing wards, their main problem was that after they took the last t1 tower, they just had no clue what to do and then SV screwed his team over trying to make a play at m5's blue and got completely outplayed (m5 saw them at the drag bush ward, they cleared it, and went straight to m5 blue where m5 was waiting)
M5 was still clearing the camps. Still getting most of their buffs. Still keeping up in gold. Free farming in lanes while Curse sat around in the middle of lanes. Curse had more than half the map available for them to control, but never seemed to actually take advantage of that.

garath

Curse had 3 towers to 0, 1 to 1 on dragons, cleared all wards outside of M5's jungle, was controlling M5's blue buff and came out ahead in the first 2 teamfights. But Boken's right, from there it seemed like they just didn't know what to do with their lead. They didn't go back to farming efficiently (they were wave clearing and letting their minions push right into M5's waiting arms) and just kind of wandered around aimlessly as M5 locked down their side of the map and farmed the crap out Ashe. Ashe was walking lane to lane getting all the farm.

Then they misplayed twice. The voyboy dive into death (if I recall that turned into a M5 dragon) then Olaf getting caught trying to facecheck the bluebuff bush.

They just need a stronger plan after getting that lead. Blaze did the same thing but kept the pressure up and kept taking towers and controlling all the objectives.

0-2 NA teams. This is a familiar sight.

dimb

Curse had 3 towers to 0, 1 to 1 on dragons, cleared all wards outside of M5's jungle, was controlling M5's blue buff and came out ahead in the first 2 teamfights.
So where was the gold advantage? Does "controlling" the blue buff means they take it once and show up late around the area the rest of the match?

garath

So where was the gold advantage? Does "controlling" the blue buff means they take it once and show up late around the area the rest of the match?

Curse didn't have more than a small gold advantage but they were winning teamfights and had all the vision of everthing from the river onward. Curse got the 2nd and 3rd blue buff before M5 even got there. So yeah, that was controlling it.

I'm not disagreeing that they dropped the ball hard, but I am saying they have a lead and didn't know how to close it out.

Boken

Banned
Map control and gold advantage are two different things. Generally one hopes map control leads to gold advantages. Tbh I think we're all agreeing, just saying it differently.

Anyway, darien was so scary on Rengar. That heal man, that heal.

garath

TSM vs Curse.EU tiem. Will NA go 0-3 this early? :p

Come on TSM. A NA team HAS to take something!

edit: oh god. Curse.EU has Katarina vs Zyra. gg TSM :( I don't get TSM's teamcomp at all. Ezreal is their only damage. They're just tanky as hell vs a Vayne and a Katarina.

garath

Wow. TSM playing horribly right now.

That team comp. Man. I'm hardly an expert but TSM's comp was terrible. I think it relied on a very well farmed Ezreal and a well placed Leona ult but Vayne and Katarina just owned.

That was so ugly. :(

edit: Sadly Curse looked like the strongest NA team in that showing. TD held their own initially against Blaze too though. TSM.... that should not have been a stomp like that. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom