• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dear Riot,

Please nerf the range on Lee Sin's abilities already.

Sincerely, soda cop

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Join us Pancakes

nLspX.gif

EXGN

Man, remember like three months ago when people were saying "Lee Sin isn't that great at tournament level because he falls off late game"?

I've said it once and I'll say it again - Dominion is an excellent tool to gauge champion balance.

Seriously, the community has continually spotted OP champs months before they've been "figured out".

I remember when people said Jayce was just "ok", Kayle was literally unusable, Urgot was troll tier, Lux was bottom tier AP mid, etc. etc. They were all facerolling in Dom before they were picked up by high elo/tournament players.

Granted, no one plays Kayle anymore but she's still just as strong but Kya'Zix was being singled out as way OP in Dom not long after his release when someone good plays him and now here he is putting some work in.

It's so easy to get a feel for a champ's potential in Dom because it's so much easier to get a fed endgame there. You get to try out way more builds and don't get a negative image of them from a few failed hour long games. Granted, you don't get a great idea of their laning but learn their other qualities much faster.

scy

I've said it once and I'll say it again - Dominion is an excellent tool to gauge champion balance.

There's some exceptions but, yeah, Dominion is a great way to learn how champions fare in end-game scenarios. It's also just a great way to learn how to team fight period.

Cathcart

How do queues work for normal games? When people say solo/duo queue do they just mean you are playing with one or two people or is it actually a different queue when you have more people?

Ken

How do queues work for normal games? When people say solo/duo queue do they just mean you are playing with one or two people or is it actually a different queue when you have more people?

Duo queue just means you are going in with one other person that you invited.

Solo queue is braving randoms on your own. I don't think it sends you into a totally different queue though? idunno though never thought much about it

zkylon

zkylewd
Usually the game matches premade teams (2+ players) with other premade teams with the same amount of people, so it's fair.

But when people talk about solo/duo queue they mean ranked.

I think it's probably different queues.

Cathcart

OK, cool. I've been playing with some friends recently but there are only 4 of us. I was wondering if that was actually bad because we were more likely to end up against full premades or something.

Blizzard

Banned
OK, cool. I've been playing with some friends recently but there are only 4 of us. I was wondering if that was actually bad because we were more likely to end up against full premades or something.
Legend has it premade 4's get matched against premade 4's, and some people used to advocate not playing as premade 5 since the premade 5 you get matched against will be way more awesome and coordinated than you.

Solo people can get matched with varying amounts of duo/3/4 groups in normals, and with duo people in ranked (since you can't fill a 5-person team with only duos).

Boken

Banned
Huh?

American tourneys are so weird...
It's just regular double elimination format

Wha... I...

◕‿◕*
◕‿◕*
◕‿◕*

Legend has it premade 4's get matched against premade 4's, and some people used to advocate not playing as premade 5 since the premade 5 you get matched against will be way more awesome and coordinated than you.

Solo people can get matched with varying amounts of duo/3/4 groups in normals, and with duo people in ranked (since you can't fill a 5-person team with only duos).

It's no legend. The matchmaker will try to match you with like teams first.

Ken

Out of curiosity I went through my owned champion pool and crossed out any champion I would feel uncomfortable playing in ranked solo queue without a guide or anything. I have a pretty small champion pool.

Ken

You should have circled the ones you feel comfortable with instead.

That's true but it's more fun crossing stuff out.

You play Talon and Hecarim?

Talon's pretty easy TBH? As long as I don't do something dumb like first pick him before I see the enemy's mid for sure I usually do okay with him. Course I haven't had the chance to play him at all this season because I much prefer Zed for being mana-less. Also, prejudice against AD mids.

I don't play Hecarim too well or much but I like to think I can jungle with him if I have to.

zkylon

zkylewd
Quadra with Diana, MF goes for Red instead of Baron... still defeat T_T

I think I'm gonna gift myself an Arcade Sona to cheer me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom