• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
CLG RISING?!

What am I seeing? NA has life!

brian!

just talking about overarching narratives of dominance

like while it is usually agreed that certain teams are dominant
or like that certain teams are shoo ins to win certain games
the way the game is played makes it so that skill levels have to be consistent to make those odds work

so like if you make mistakes the other team can capitalize and it can cost you the game
and the thing is that anyone can make mistakes

edit: ok none of these sentences make sense, I've been writing a lot today

lemme try tldr style

a lot of people think about foreign teams being incredibly strong without thinking about why they win games

Boken

Banned
Basically what Brian is saying is that people need to stop making knee jerk judgements based on performance in one tournament

Seems i missed a couple of good games.

Also

penisbird69 [All] [00:03:54]: I DIDNT THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO DIE MORE THAN THE JEWS IN 1941 BUT LOOK AT YOU

hoooooooooly shiet

inky

Basically what Brian is saying is that people need to stop making knee jerk judgements based on performance in one tournament

Well sure. I was just commenting on the results of this tournament based on other recent performances, and it has been interesting see some teams try stuff and get away with it, maybe even upset other teams.

Boken

Banned
I dunno, it did sound like you implied team power is a linear value.

Anyway, clg.na is probably the best team in na now. As it should be.

C
L
G

C
L
G

brian!

Well sure. I was just commenting on the results of this tournament based on other recent performances, and it has been interesting see some teams try stuff and get away with it, maybe even upset other teams.

yeah i dont know why i grabbed onto your statement, i wasnt really addressing what you were saying

Shots fired.
UM3qn.jpg

Inskipp

TSM just needs a coach imo, they did pretty well when Jonas was helping them out. All of their players (can) function well on an individual level, but they seem to lack direction as a whole.

Q8D3vil

TSM just needs a coach imo, they did pretty well when Jonas was helping them out. All of their players (can) function well on an individual level, but they seem to lack direction as a whole.
They did well because they were playing against NA teams only.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't get this grand finale bracket thingie. So the best of the worst plays against the best of the best? That doesn't sound right.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't get this grand finale bracket thingie. So the best of the worst plays against the best of the best? That doesn't sound right.
Isn't that how double elimination normally works?

Anyone who doesn't lose any round keeps going, until they reach the championship.

Anyone who loses one round goes to the loser's bracket, and keeps going until they reach the championship.

Anyone who loses two rounds is out of the championship.

This allows say, team X to beat team Y, but then lose to team Y when they get their second chance. It's presumably to give teams extra games to play, in case they just happened to have some really bad games the first time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't that how double elimination normally works?

Anyone who doesn't lose any round keeps going, until they reach the championship.

Anyone who loses one round goes to the loser's bracket, and keeps going until they reach the championship.

Anyone who loses two rounds is out of the championship.

This allows say, team X to beat team Y, but then lose to team Y when they get their second chance. It's presumably to give teams extra games to play, in case they just happened to have some really bad games the first time.
I guess I'm just not used to it, but in rest-of-the-world football it's just groups phase, then regular elimination, so I'm just basing myself off that...

EXGN

So much this. The overwhelming mindset is that Korea/Asia>Europe>NA, but in reality, all these teams are so close in skill level that honestly any team could win. CLG.na might lose to teams like M5 98 times out of 100 but in a BO3 setting, they only need those two to win. The skill level at the top of LOL is actually super close and any of these teams can win major tournaments.

brian!

They did well because they were playing against NA teams only.

I mean a coach probably wouldnt solve some crucial problems
but the way tsm was able to improve under a coach was pretty key in making them #1 NA or whatever (dig and clg were mia)
like this whole atmosphere where they would do things like practice new strats in tourneys or switch off roles in tourneys

im sure a coach would help insofar as bringing them out of certain delusions or ways of rationalizing losses

So much this. The overwhelming mindset is that Korea/Asia>Europe>NA, but in reality, all these teams are so close in skill level that honestly any team could win. CLG.na might lose to teams like M5 98 times out of 100 but in a BO3 setting, they only need those two to win. The skill level at the top of LOL is actually super close and any of these teams can win major tournaments.

when it comes to skill NA definitely suffers, like the only way NA teams can beat the better teams is to play solidly and hope for mistakes, which can happen

Cathcart

OK, someone explain to me what to do with Kha'zix. He's mostly a top lane champ? If so, uh, I guess I suck at top laning so I'm just looking for general type tips that will help me get better. I always seem to get crushed by Darius/Irelia/Jax up there. I have an idea of how to play him in team fights but right now I'm more concerned about getting to team fight phase without being like 0/8.

I'm not sure if Khaz is considered good or bad right now but I just really like the design of that champ and want to play him some more. Halp!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This game is too easy.
OK, someone explain to me what to do with Kha'zix. He's mostly a top lane champ? If so, uh, I guess I suck at top laning so I'm just looking for general type tips that will help me get better. I always seem to get crushed by Darius/Irelia/Jax up there. I have an idea of how to play him in team fights but right now I'm more concerned about getting to team fight phase without being like 0/8.

I'm not sure if Khaz is considered good or bad right now but I just really like the design of that champ and want to play him some more. Halp!
This guide is pretty good: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=38558-pitsis21-khazix-build-guide

Those matchups are hard for Kha'Zix in general.

Ken

I wouldn't pick K'Z into any bruisers.

also lolgaf dorama going on in the chat!

Ken

Post it. Or send it to me. I feel like I'm missing out.

Ferrio (6:49): wtf happened
Deionarra (6:49): no
Deionarra (6:49): internet exchanges
Deionarra (6:49): basically
Deionarra (6:50): where abouts do you live
Deionarra (6:50): that zyra sucked
Ferrio (6:50): that zyra caused bot and mid to lose?
Ferrio (6:50): like not lose like DOMINATEd
Deionarra (6:50): well if you lose bot
Deionarra (6:50): youll lose mid
TellYourself (6:50): mid didnt lose :\
Ferrio (6:51): tellyourself: learn more characters than kayle
TellYourself (6:51): lol
Ferrio (6:54): That sucked, damn signed had some health regen runes or something
TellYourself (6:56): yeah he was pretty good
TellYourself (6:56): their initiate just destroyed us
Ferrio joined the room.
Ferrio (7:00): seriously, stop with the kayle stuff. Don't even know why you play her, she's so boring
Punky Brüster (7:00): lol
TellYourself (7:00): are you still hating lol
Ferrio (7:01): yes
Punky Brüster (7:01): i would hate too
Ferrio (7:01): cause i hate that character
Ferrio (7:01): when i get her in aram it's like "fuck great.. 30 minutes of boring"
TellYourself (7:01): i find her fun, and i win with her so
TellYourself (7:01): i dont understand why it upsets you
Punky Brüster (7:02): sounds like you dont win with there
Punky Brüster (7:02): her
Ferrio (7:02): you're not great with her
Ferrio (7:02): so I'm not seeing the allure
TellYourself (7:02): you can look at my match history if you like
Ferrio (7:02): it's 50:50
Bleargh (7:02): lol
Bleargh (7:03): "stop playing a character I don't like"
TellYourself (7:03): he's upset he lost top
Ferrio (7:03): I didn't lose top
Bleargh (7:03): baddies gonna be bad
TellYourself (7:03): just let him vent his displeasure
Ferrio (7:03): I'm just saying you're painting yourself in a corner
Ferrio (7:03): by only playign one champ
TellYourself (7:03): i play more than one champ if you havent noticed
Punky Brüster (7:03): bleargh something tells me your not exactly in a position to make that claim
Bleargh (7:03): sure I am
Bleargh (7:04): when I played with gaf before
Bleargh (7:04): I carried hard
Punky Brüster (7:04): anecdotal evidence does not make causation
Bleargh (7:04): great point
Bleargh (7:04): counterpoint
Bleargh (7:04): baddies gonna be bad
Bleargh (7:04): and cry about other people's picks
Bleargh (7:05): gaf LoL drama so silly
TellYourself (7:05): if we win, i dont understand why you have to be upset over me playing the same champ
Punky Brüster (7:05): seems like a generalization that wants to paint people that take issues with certain champs as crybabies
Punky Brüster (7:05): how is that a valid point
Bleargh (7:05): how does it make sense
Bleargh (7:05): to get mad at someone
Punky Brüster (7:05): some champs are ismply underpowered?
Bleargh (7:05): for playing a champ that you find boring?
Bleargh (7:05): lol
Ferrio (7:05): Finding her boring is my issue
Bleargh (7:05): if you find the champ boring don't play it
Bleargh (7:05): pretty simple
Ferrio (7:06): not his. BUT playign only one hero and one hero alone really restricts your ability in this game
TellYourself (7:06): i dont play one hero alone
Punky Brüster (7:06): its not that simple though, hes saying he wouldnt play her because shes boring, and also saying that picking her does not do much for the team
Bleargh (7:06): don't let facts get in the way of a good cry!
TellYourself (7:06): picking kayle does in fact do alot for the team, matter of opinion
Bleargh (7:06): I see taric and nunu in match history
Bleargh (7:06): must be kayle in disguise!
Ferrio (7:07): picking kayle after a corki has been picked and top does though
Ferrio (7:07): BUT i'm not blaming you on that game
TellYourself (7:07): what?
Ferrio (7:07): cause i don't know what happene dmid/bot
TellYourself (7:07): i was going for mid
Ferrio (7:07): so I'm not blaming anyone
Punky Brüster (7:07): sigh, you seem like the person that would be impossible to debate anything with, because you simply gravitate to personal insults before you can say anything meaningful
Ferrio (7:07): tellyourself: mid was already claimed
TellYourself (7:07): that is a personal insult itself punky
TellYourself (7:07): i didnt know that
Ferrio (7:08): but my whole point isn't cause of that game
Ferrio (7:08): my point is everytime I've played with you it's been kayle and when you get another hero that isn't kayle you seem lost
TellYourself (7:08): you dont play with me much ferrio
Punky Brüster (7:08): your match history is alsmost all kayle
Bleargh (7:08): maybe the dude like kayle
Bleargh (7:08): who cares
Punky Brüster (7:08): so i dont see why his point may not be valid
TellYourself (7:08): i dont understand why cant i play kayle whenever i want
Bleargh (7:09): people play the champs they like
TellYourself (7:09): kayle can fit many roles, she's not like many other champs
Bleargh (7:09): unless you guys are doing ranked who cares?
Ferrio (7:09): That's great, but my point was it restricts you.. if your'e fine with that it's good
Punky Brüster (7:09): its a team game
Punky Brüster (7:09): other peoples champ picks matter
TellYourself (7:09): of course it does, but kayle can play every role in the game
Ferrio (7:09): not well
Punky Brüster (7:09): that doesnt really mean anything
TellYourself (7:09): your opinion
Punky Brüster (7:10): not really
TellYourself (7:10): really, kayle playing every role doesnt mean anything
Punky Brüster (7:10): kinda of backed up by game stats
Punky Brüster (7:10): los of champs can "fit" any position
Punky Brüster (7:10): that dfoesnt mean anything
TellYourself (7:11): i play kayle when it fits the team, which is most of the time
TellYourself (7:11): because she can play every role effectively
Corgi the Chloe (7:11): huh

dimb

Oh. That's actually really long and boring. Also I'm responsible and stuff. Ferrio I told TellYourself he could play mid on Mumble. Also also, you totally lost top even though I ganked it twice in a row. You probably shouldn't get so upset over games you didn't deserve to win anyways.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh. That's actually really long and boring. Also I'm responsible and stuff. Ferrio I told TellYourself he could play mid on Mumble. Also also, you totally lost top even though I ganked it twice in a row. You probably shouldn't get so upset over games you didn't deserve to win anyways.

Wasn't lost, wasn't won either.

also:

0ib6j.jpg

dimb

Wasn't lost, wasn't won either.
I saw you behind like fifty CS or something before you had to stop laning. On Elise if you aren't winning your lane you've lost.

Guess what: pretty much everyone who plays on GAF sucks. You should probably just relax and try to have fun, because any champion is viable at our level.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It isn't tellyourself if he can't play kayle, kayle only isn't that bad of an idea, she hardly get pick or ban.

Is there anywhere that I can find a good kennen guide? Everything in solomid are either for top lane or 6 months old.

Ken

It isn't tellyourself if he can't play kayle, kayle only isn't that bad of an idea, she hardly get pick or ban.

Is there anywhere that I can find a good kennen guide? Everything in solomid are either for top lane or 6 months old.

I don't think there's anything new to Kennen that would make those guides obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom