• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So now this Ezreal says "we have 100% chance of not winning this game" when both him and I are both like 6 2 5 or something, so he feeds three kills like literally walking towards a group of enemies. I ask the guy if he's doing it purpose, says yeah and then disconnects.

I ask the enemy to report him since he had even admitted it and they're all like "lol u were feedin 2 lololo". I don't get why people do that, you'd think normal thinking human beings would choose to help weed out the trolls so they don't get trolled themselves, but w/e.

So yeah, fuck you Ezreals of the world, you know who you are :)

Next match we had a Varus, he went a solid 7 6 14 and you know, didn't intentionally feed. So Varus, you're alright, you're a bro, I salute you for not being fucking Ezreal.

Also it cost me my first defeat as Anivia in 8 matches T_T

I really don't know why I play this game sometimes. I'm playing ranked cause I'm trying to get away from the idiots in normals and there are just as many in ranked. First two mins into the game Morde on my team wants to troll. Second game was better I'm legendary on fizz and carrying and my team is doing OK but we are being pushed into towers hard cause our trist was awful. Enemy is in our jungle and we have it warded, trist literally walks 2 inches from where they are just gets shit on, they push in and win. I hate this game.

Also been trying to just get my win of the day for the last three hours and I've carried every game and my team has just been awful. Ugh.

Sorry for this, just needed to ran. Oh leagues....
S'ok bro, LoL sometimes is shit like that. Dust yourself up and tryhard again tomorrow :D

(but play with friends/gaffers/gaffer friends or you'll regret it)

Active items are the worst. And I have no idea how to make myself better at remembering to use them.

Grab it and move it to 4 or 5 in the item slots (bottom centre). Then your index finger is close to it so you can mash it pretty easily in teamfights.

Alternatively, get yourself some Shurelya's and similar buff items when appropriate. They're a bit less mission-critical, but still got me used to thinking of items as additional spells in teamfights.

Active items are the worst. And I have no idea how to make myself better at remembering to use them.
When I have this issue, I use the item as often as possible, in totally unnecessary situations. I figure it's better than not using it at all, and then eventually, I learn to use it at the right time.

Agkel

Is there something wrong with the client? besides the usual of course. This last past week, whenever I try to log in, I get stuck on the logging on screen. I have to force shut down to be able to log in. Also everytime I engage an enemy, my ping spikes to 1k or 2k, something crazy high.

edit: Oh look I'm a member! :D

Blizzard

Banned
Is there something wrong with the client? besides the usual of course. This last past week, whenever I try to log in, I get stuck on the logging on screen. I have to force shut down to be able to log in. Also everytime I engage an enemy, my ping spikes to 1k or 2k, something crazy high.

edit: Oh look I'm a member! :D
Other people have been disconnecting, one person said they had 3k ping on my team, someone else said people with Comcast were having problems, and I feel like every other time I launch the client I have to force kill and restart, yes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really don't know why I play this game sometimes. I'm playing ranked cause I'm trying to get away from the idiots in normals and there are just as many in ranked.
If your normal games are bad you only have yourself to blame.

I dislike this mentality as much as any other, because it's bullshit.

You can't win every game on your own, normal or ranked. Sometimes your team is bad enough that you can't carry it yourself. Sometimes you go into a game and you have two trolls who just want to ruin your games. That happens, and you can get really unlucky a few games in a row.

Saying it's your own fault in those situations is wrong, simple as.

Blizzard

Banned
This is not true unless your definition of "bad" is different than what other people probably use. The trivial explanation as to why it's not true is that there are people who go afk (e.g. dancing outside spawn), people who disconnect (Riot servers and/or people's connections), and people who grief (the recently given example of an Ezreal suiciding to intentionally feed an enemy team).

Even with good players you're only supposed to win 50% of games or whatever. I'm not saying you can win every game. I'm saying that some games have people in them that actively ruin the experience because of not being there at all, or being there in a way that intentionally assists the enemy team.

Agkel

Other people have been disconnecting, one person said they had 3k ping on my team, someone else said people with Comcast were having problems, and I feel like every other time I launch the client I have to force kill and restart, yes.

That is very unfortunate :( I have been having troubles since the Quinn patch I believe, I wish Riot would get rid of adobe air launcher :( It running in the background during matches may be whats causing some of the problems.

dimb

It is really hard to write up a post about how if your normal games are always bad you are probably bad too. Did we not just talk about this? Sometimes people on your team will have a bad game or make mistakes. Maybe they'll even have internet problems. These incidents are ultimately isolated and infrequent when you take something as big as your normal game career into account, and believe it or not they effect the enemy team too.

It is kind of annoying to have people regularly come into the thread and go "abloobloobloo, my team was so bad". I mean feel free to talk about it if it's movespeed Rammus or something funny, but nobody really cares if someone on your team simply underperformed. Consistently blaming your team and not focusing on how you could improve is one of the biggest hang ups for many people in this thread. Or maybe just acknowledge that people out there are more skilled than you for once and try to learn something from the experience.

I am not good at this game. Lots of the time I dick around and do really weird stuff or play whatever I feel like or champions I do not know. I still find that I have very healthy experience in normal games, although it is extremely rare for me to play solo.

Recently I have been playing with people I know from places outside of GAF. They don't have Flash yet. They are still familiarizing themselves with the game and learning basic concepts. I expect almost nothing from them and they'll do stuff like support Skarner or double AD bot lanes. I can still win these games pretty easily. The idea that ELO Hell and stuff exists is conceptually pretty dumb to me, but I realize that my experience is outside of the norm.
This is not true unless your definition of "bad" is different than what other people probably use.
It's you. You are my definition of bad.

also, way above 50% winrate in normals and the system doesn't try to keep you there. there are people I think are good players with negative w/l ratio that still get matched with solid players though, so again I don't really know what there is to complain about. you don't need a good w/l ratio to get put into fun games.

This is starting to get too negative. You can win games where your team feeds. Or where someone disconnects. Low MMR games are easy to carry if you do stuff right. Don't feel bad if you can't do it but recognize that you could improve as a player and stop blaming the people you get matched with.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but OK. Yeah, going 14-2 on Kassadin and a Varus going 2-14 who is level 19 is totally my fault. Right. I can only carry so much. I'm not getting paid to play this game like the people you watch on streams.

dimb

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but OK. Yeah, going 14-2 on Kassadin and a Varus going 2-14 who is level 19 is totally my fault. Right. I can only carry so much. I'm not getting paid to play this game like the people you watch on streams.
You are the most mobile champion in the game who is super gank-centric. You could not possibly have more influence over the game and there is almost no excuse for letting a lane get out of control like that. Are you even 30 if you're getting matchmade with lower level accounts?

You are the most mobile champion in the game who is super gank-centric. You could not possibly have more influence over the game and there is almost no excuse for letting a lane get out of control like that. Are you even 30 if you're getting matchmade with lower level accounts?

I was roaming the whole game. How do you think my K/D was so high? I just ended up getting queued with a duo group somehow, that happen to have a level 19. Don't ask me. It's the first time it's happened in probably forever.

I'm sorry for coming off as a dick but it's annoying after winning eight straight and then being told it's "my fault" when thing's like I mentioned happens. And then losing seven of my last ten straight. I know that some of it does lie on myself, but this is a team game after all.

And yes I am 30, I've been 30 for over two years now. I come and go though with LoL. But I've been playing steady at the moment for about two months.

Anyway, sorry for ranting I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm normally not one of those people that comes on a forum to complain either, it bothers me as well. I won't do it again, promise :p.

dimb

Matchmade teams usually have some kind of balance. If you had a level nineteen player on your team the enemy team likely had comparable players they also had to work with. In fact that might even be why you got so fed.

Ashhong

When I have this issue, I use the item as often as possible, in totally unnecessary situations. I figure it's better than not using it at all, and then eventually, I learn to use it at the right time.

What if you use zhonyas in the beginning of your team fight when your team is just about to engage? Embarrassing lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I keep forgetting to press Zhonyas.
I copied Voyboy's thing and assigned the 6th slot to the T key and for some reason I almost always remember about the T key (Zhonya's/Shurelya's/Bjork).

I do almost always give up a key the second I buy Zhonya's lol

Ever finding yourself losing yourself in a team fight?

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1a0piw/healthbarcolorpicker/

this file lets you easily change the colour of your healthbar
Nice, installing...

I was roaming the whole game. How do you think my K/D was so high? I just ended up getting queued with a duo group somehow, that happen to have a level 19. Don't ask me. It's the first time it's happened in probably forever.

I'm sorry for coming off as a dick but it's annoying after winning eight straight and then being told it's "my fault" when thing's like I mentioned happens. And then losing seven of my last ten straight. I know that some of it does lie on myself, but this is a team game after all.

And yes I am 30, I've been 30 for over two years now. I come and go though with LoL. But I've been playing steady at the moment for about two months.

Anyway, sorry for ranting I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm normally not one of those people that comes on a forum to complain either, it bothers me as well. I won't do it again, promise :p.
The idea of "it's always my fault" is to learn from your mistakes. The game somewhat balances teams and unless you had AFKs or purposeful feeders, you gotta always think "what could I have done to carry harder?".

What if you use zhonyas in the beginning of your team fight when your team is just about to engage? Embarrassing lol
I guess it doesn't work as well with Zhonya's, but there are probably times you could use it to, for example, avoid poke damage or something. Rather that than waiting for a real opportunity and then forgetting about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
It has happened a lot to me to press the Zhonya's key when trying to ward lol.

Then the enemy team thinks "let's fuck them newbs up gg"

Ashhong

It has happened a lot to me to press the Zhonya's key when trying to ward lol.

Then the enemy team thinks "let's fuck them newbs up gg"

Nothing funnier than seeing an accidental zhonyas. That awkward moment when you know everyone is just looking at your golden body and you can't do a thing lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Nothing funnier than seeing an accidental zhonyas. That awkward moment when you know everyone is just looking at your golden body and you can't do a thing lol
Nothing worse than that moment when you're getting it on with another champion and she realizes you're a premature zhonyator.

Agkel

The idea of "it's always my fault" is to learn from your mistakes. The game somewhat balances teams and unless you had AFKs or purposeful feeders, you gotta always think "what could I have done to carry harder?".

Yes, but that is quite a different mentality than "EVERY game can be won and YOU are responsible for winning it or losing it". This is simply, probabilistically, not possible. There are many things here at play that affect the outcome of the match, team comp, whether there's voice comm or not, experience between players, afks, lags, crashes,etc.

I do believe you should look at your performance after every match (whether win or lose) and analyze how you could have performed better. Especially after a loss.

But thinking that every loss is ones fault is a masochistic point of view and honestly doesn't seem healthy at all even if it's just a video game.

Boken

Banned
Lost my first ranked Lux match today.

I'm heartbroken.
Gotta go win 5 more to make up for it!

Yes, but that is quite a different mentality than "EVERY game can be won and YOU are responsible for winning it or losing it". This is simply, probabilistically, not possible. There are many things here at play that affect the outcome of the match, team comp, whether there's voice comm or not, experience between players, afks, lags, crashes,etc.

I do believe you should look at your performance after every match (whether win or lose) and analyze how you could have performed better. Especially after a loss.

But thinking that every loss is ones fault is a masochistic point of view and honestly doesn't seem healthy at all even if it's just a video game.
Eh, they're both very similar in effect, one is just more extremist than the other

zkylon

zkylewd

Well yeah the point is that thinking about how much everyone else sucks doesn't really help you.

Focus on your own mistakes and learn from them, and if someone else lost you the game so be it. There's always things you could've done better, so think about those so next time you carry harder.

Gotta go win 5 more to make up for it!
Lost two normals after that (one match I ended 1-2-7 as Sona, while double top Quinn was 6-14-2 I shit you not), so got mad at the game and I'm gonna cool it off for a while.

But yeah, I gotta /laugh it up and go kick some ass.

Boken

Banned
Because I dont think people really took notice of this -

YOU CAN CHANGE THE HEALTH BAR COLOURS
e.g.
zZX02EZ.png

just use this:
http://cyli.de/HCP/HealthbarColorPicker.exe

or manually go to

GeneralCharaterData.ini
Found in
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.218\deploy\DATA\menu\hud

Needs some lol gaf friends. Add me gaf please. My name is same as here :)

you should join the neogaf channel 9_9

Haha, that's actually a situation I had fairly recently. First time I bought a Mejai in over a year on a normal game. Cait was had 600ms lag since the loading screen so I had to carry hard. It definitely was not easy, especially when they were building very bulky since one of them will revive as I kill the other. It did not help that Cait kept trying to steal blue because she "needs it to farm".

Making up for a bad teammate is never easy. I lucked out that I was playing a carry who can hold a snowball item fairly easily, and that I decided to buy it early on.

Boken

Banned
Ooh yours is nice. Got the hex for that color?

my "BRIGHT version of your team colour"

default setting: "lime green" option
hex R124 G252 B0

colourblind: "lightskyblue" option
hex R135 G206 B250

Because I dont think people really took notice of this -

YOU CAN CHANGE THE HEALTH BAR COLOURS
e.g.
zZX02EZ.png

just use this:
http://cyli.de/HCP/HealthbarColorPicker.exe

or manually go to

GeneralCharaterData.ini
Found in
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.218\deploy\DATA\menu\hud

Am I gonna have to redo the mod with every patch or anything?

I have no idea

Agkel

Well yeah the point is that thinking about how much everyone else sucks doesn't really help you.

Focus on your own mistakes and learn from them, and if someone else lost you the game so be it. There's always things you could've done better, so think about those so next time you carry harder.

Oh, we are in agreement. I just don't like the bold statement/stance, that all responsibility/fault, falls on your back.

Perhaps it is the medium of communication (forums) or the fact that it is tedious to expand on it every time someone comes in mad because their team sucked (whether true or not) but I just simply don't like "If you lose, it's your fault" statement. Too simplistic and simply not true.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh my goodness Thresh is amazing. Not getting any assists? Still tanky as fuck. Jungler overextended? Latern lol. ADC about to get dived? Box.

I finally feel like I can carry games as support again. Now to get good enough to take him into ranked.

zkylon

zkylewd
my "BRIGHT version of your team colour"

default setting: "lime green" option
hex R124 G252 B0

colourblind: "lightskyblue" option
hex R135 G206 B250

I have no idea
ty. I was using the non-colorblind green on colorblind mode but I like your color better.

i have had the absolute worst possible last 3 days of league lol

like, the absolute worst possible succession of teams.

I lost like 15/20 games with some absolutely hilariously bad teams

Actually, the point is not to be emotional. Good analysis isn't carried out by going continually into self-blaming mode. If the people on your team objectively sucked, then they sucked. You don't improve your play by pretending things. Also, you don't improve your play that much by doing incorrect things to try and save bad players from themselves.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I had the shittiest LoL day ever. 10 kills over 5 matches and all just annoying matches overall. Last one we were 4v5 and we almost lost.

Yeah sometimes it's like fuck this game.

Oh, we are in agreement. I just don't like the bold statement/stance, that all responsibility/fault, falls on your back.

Perhaps it is the medium of communication (forums) or the fact that it is tedious to expand on it every time someone comes in mad because their team sucked (whether true or not) but I just simply don't like "If you lose, it's your fault" statement. Too simplistic and simply not true.
The thing is that blaming others is a very easy hole to dig yourself into. My default answer is "really I'm sure your teammates sucked, but just disregard that because there's nothing you can do about it".

Actually, the point is not to be emotional. Good analysis isn't carried out by going continually into self-blaming mode. If the people on your team objectively sucked, then they sucked. You don't improve your play by pretending things. Also, you don't improve your play that much by doing incorrect things to try and save bad players from themselves.
Sure I just figure that's a given. If you're blowing up their Nexus and then half your team disconnects, then it's probably not your fault, it's just pointless to dwell on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom