• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

So guys I am having a hard time carrying as talon, I usually play mid or jungle and can carry as Vi easily in jungle (which I shouldn't have to but usually do). But talon is a little harder to carry with for me, anybody have any tips?

Ken

So guys I am having a hard time carrying as talon, I usually play mid or jungle and can carry as Vi easily in jungle (which I shouldn't have to but usually do). But talon is a little harder to carry with for me, anybody have any tips?

roam

Koenigg

Neo Member
5JwDmIs.jpg

I should play more Ryze.

bjaelke

Enemy Ezreal disconnects after 5 minutes and we respond to it by playing passively in bot lane. He returns later on and our top disconnects. They destroy us without hesitation.

But I get 5 x honorable opponent, so it's all good, right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Enemy Ezreal disconnects after 5 minutes and we respond to it by playing passively in bot lane. He returns later on and our top disconnects. They destroy us without hesitation.

But I get 5 x honorable opponent, so it's all good, right?
These days honor is worth more than rp.

Musician

It's tough alright, but also a lot milder than EUNE. If I do poorly people get disappointed, but not to the point of screaming about "fakking my mothar". I'm sure those people exists, but not in the same amount as EUNE, for sure.

bjaelke

cad-20130311-45c24.png

It's tough alright, but also a lot milder than EUNE. If I do poorly people get disappointed, but not to the point of screaming about "fakking my mothar". I'm sure those people exists, but not in the same amount as EUNE, for sure.

Yup. The difference between the two communities is definitely noticeable.

Quinn is useless in any mode that isn't SR, and she's not even that great there. She's a strong duelist if you land her skillshot but her laning phase is rough and her carry potential isn't as high as someone like Vayne or Kog'maw.

CD on her ult is way too high as well.

garath

Any assassin mid, especially one like Talon without resets and all burst damage, are all about carrying the laning phase. With Vi jungle you can smash the laning phase and if for some reason the game continues you still have a tanky initiator you can carry as. You will not be initiating as Talon (unless you want to get blown up).

To carry you'll want to shut down your mid opponent so they don't have a strong mid champ. You want to roam hard - push your lane with your rake and go gank a lane. Don't fail the gank. Every roam should get you or your teammates a kill. Preferably you, so you can gank even better. Ward ward ward. You should be able to burst down any squishy and even some tanky champs if you are fed. Warding their jungle lets you know when they're isolated and you can go punish them. If the game isn't over by 25 minutes with the opponents so afraid of you, you're going to be stuck relying on your teammates for team fighting. You don't want that. Even as the laning phase starts to break down, look for the lone ADC or mid champ trying to farm because you hurt them so bad in laning phase and pick them off. Try very hard not to die. Trading isn't worth it if you're giving up a bounty or it lets the opponents free farm.

If it gets to teamfights, you need to wait for someone to initiate. Wait until everyone is distracted and blow up their biggest damage dealer. If you manage to make it out alive, wait for the cooldowns and blow up the next biggest damage dealer. Don't initiate no matter how fed you are unless you can pick off their carry and flash over a wall to get away or something. Or if you can get the kill with only the first half of your ult and you can walk out invis. Chances are you have twice the kills of anyone on your team and if you die, so does your team's damage potential.

It's easy to carry a game as an assassin in the laning phase, but once that's over, you're looking to pick off easy targets without dying yourself. That's a lot tougher when they group up. Hopefully you damaged them enough in the laning phase that it's a cake walk.

what's up with all the Varuses (Vari?)? it's not even 'cause he free i see him with skins and in ranked all the fucking time. like 3 weeks ago there was none and i got flamed for picking him.

Boken

Banned
what's up with all the Varuses (Vari?)? it's not even 'cause he free i see him with skins and in ranked all the fucking time. like 3 weeks ago there was none and i got flamed for picking him.

LCS/random tournaments

Since League is relatively young, a lot of people got where they are by following guides rather than thinking for themselves + the very low impact decision making in itemisation (in s2 anyway) + somewhat similiar mechanically ADCs mean that lots of people are

SHEEPLE

I'm serious too, "NO PRO HAS PLAYED X THEREFORE THEY SUCK"
its freaking solo queue people

On the plus side for ADC players, I've seen every ADC played in competitive these past few weeks except Ashe (and corki). That poor girl.

garath

LCS/random tournaments

Since League is relatively young, a lot of people got where they are by following guides rather than thinking for themselves + the very low impact decision making in itemisation (in s2 anyway) + somewhat similiar mechanically ADCs mean that lots of people are

SHEEPLE

I'm serious too, "NO PRO HAS PLAYED X THEREFORE THEY SUCK"
its freaking solo queue people

On the plus side for ADC players, I've seen every ADC played in competitive these past few weeks except Ashe (and corki). That poor girl.

Didn't Gambit run ashe once? I thought I remembered that.

brian!

yeah gambit ran ashe a bunch, I don't know about recently
they would generally pair her with pre-nerf nunu

tsm used to like doing ashe/noc/global comp

bjaelke

I think I just encountered my first griefer in LoL. He was exploiting that "bug" which makes the entire enemy team disconnect at random. He'd buy the weirdest stuff - Doran's Blade, Shurelia and Hextech Sweeper for Veigar - and just auto anything that walked within his aa range. His team wanted to report him at the start of the game for feeding. They were losing quite heavily until everyone left the game. When I finally managed to connect they were taking down our Nexus.

Ohnonono

Is Sejuani worth picking up? I am looking for a new jungler just to make sure I can pick up that spot if need be. My other two options for that are Trundle and Skarner.

Is Sejuani worth picking up? I am looking for a new jungler just to make sure I can pick up that spot if need be. My other two options for that are Trundle and Skarner.

Trundle is awesome and underrated, but community opinion of him is poor so expect some grief from teammates if you are picking him in ranked games.

I've been goofing around with Trundle top in Normals lately when playing with friends.

Ohnonono

Trundle is awesome and underrated, but community opinion of him is poor so expect some grief from teammates if you are picking him in ranked games.

I've been goofing around with Trundle top in Normals lately when playing with friends.

I used to love top Trundle but I haven't tried after picking the game up again (mostly cause when I am top I go Renekton.) I'll give him a shot again in the jungle. Not sure why anyone would hate on him. Dat Pillar.

Ashhong

I think I just encountered my first griefer in LoL. He was exploiting that "bug" which makes the entire enemy team disconnect at random. He'd buy the weirdest stuff - Doran's Blade, Shurelia and Hextech Sweeper for Veigar - and just auto anything that walked within his aa range. His team wanted to report him at the start of the game for feeding. They were losing quite heavily until everyone left the game. When I finally managed to connect they were taking down our Nexus.

what bug?

Varus was used by a pro team. He is really popular among pros.

Varus, Draven, MF, Kog all getting play at high level. Why so many Vis and Threshes should be popping up as well.

This is like playing a dream. I'm playing my NA account against since I can't play PH from Singapore
plus I need to farm IP for Karma

Lv22, everyone fills in roles. No raging. Best and ballsiest Taric I've laned with. Everyone was very communicative and followed. People treated objectives like objectives. Non-supports bought wards. Even though their Kat and Akali were snowballing we accomplished a solid win. Is this really Lv22 or some super secret Elo Heaven?

My CS sucked though. I totally forgot how to CS with 220ms.

Sej scales extremely well late game if your building health items. She can just walk into fights and slow everyone while dealing insane DoT with her northern winds.

Skarner is a better champ to pick if your new to jungling I would say. Trundle is fun to use and has great clears and in general is very easy to use but if you don't use your pillar well, prepare for a lot of rage from your teammates. Late game aside from his pillar and ult(which is only really useful for weakening the enemy tank if they built tanky) he doesn't have much to contribute.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone point me where I can find really high quality (and high resolution) league fanart? Or any in particular piece in general you like? Stuff featuring riven would be best.... going to try an experiment.

brian!

u guys are living in old mister season 2 town

yah she was relevant in that way in season 2, though I think m5 used it in season 3 too. but i dunno a lot of pro stuff kinda comes in one ear and out the other for me.

I haven't really kept up with thinking about a top 3, it's hard to think of them as isolated and not think of their strategic purpose + relation to current meta (strategy/item wise)

probably it has to be champs that are ez to play, must have an enemy team built around dealing with them in some fashion (dealing with vi ult, kayle ult), stuff like that.

Jenga

Banned
any thoughts on hybrid runes?

i was considering running them on kassadin, I like the idea of tanky ap brusier Kass over glass cannon ap

Ohnonono

Sej scales extremely well late game if your building health items. She can just walk into fights and slow everyone while dealing insane DoT with her northern winds.

Skarner is a better champ to pick if your new to jungling I would say. Trundle is fun to use and has great clears and in general is very easy to use but if you don't use your pillar well, prepare for a lot of rage from your teammates. Late game aside from his pillar and ult(which is only really useful for weakening the enemy tank if they built tanky) he doesn't have much to contribute.

Thanks, I'll give Skarner a shot in the jungle and then maybe pickup Sej in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom