• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mana cost / cd stuff i dunno. mana costs and cd are hard because of how tied they are to her counterplay. she feels pretty balanced to me and she's fine at what she does. i wish her laning was a little bit better so you're not always farming under turret so straight 10 more damage on her e would already be a very nice early game buff that wouldn't break her or anything
I mean, it's not like I'm saying "make her E have a lower CD" but her Q having a 15 second CD at rank 1 is ridiculous. Either make it a flat 11 like Morg binding or shave off a couple seconds at all ranks. Same for her ult, there's no real reason to have it on a higher CD now that ADCs have stuff like cheaper MR and BT shields, give back her old 24 second lasers

As for the mana costs, Riot nerfed her mana regen for no reason with the season 5 changes and never gave anything back for it, I'd think it would be only fair, specially since Xerath does what she does better and he has basically infinite mana with that passive.

Blizzard

Banned
It would be better if they added the colors variations as rewards for getting those character ranks like heroes of the storm.
This is a great, pro-consumer idea. I don't think Riot likes giving out free "skins" of any sort besides the ranked season ones and occasional PAX skins, though.

one that's not military ;_;
Isn't Lux all about the military, and being a military tactics genius, and even her voice line says, "Tactical decision summoner"? They've got to keep the lore consistent!

I mean summoners don't exist anymore but still!

Nekofrog

Banned
This is a great, pro-consumer idea. I don't think Riot likes giving out free "skins" of any sort besides the ranked season ones and occasional PAX skins, though.

Isn't Lux all about the military, and being a military tactics genius, and even her voice line says, "Tactical decision summoner"? They've got to keep the lore consistent!

it'd be hilarious if they turned that on its head and she was actually a complete moron, but thought she was a tactical genius and her bro garen was all like "yeah, uh huh, you're so smart" while he slipped it in a--- uhhh

My friend is streaming URF. The enemy top lane is Nidalee/Ziggs and it looks unbearably annoying to play against.

I played one game as Leona and Ez versus Ziggs+Xerath bot. Hugged tower until I got a few levels and then proceeded to destroy them.

Nid is harder though since she can duel in cougar form.

TomShoe

Banned
Chroma packs

OMG WOW SO WE'LL BE ABLE TO RECOLOR OUR CHAMPS AND THAT WAY NO EVERYONE WILL HAVE THE SAME LOOKING CHAMP EVERY GAME OMG SO COOL WE NEEDED SOME PERSONALITY IN GAME PEOPLE CAN HAVE MAIN SKINS LIKE BLUKONG AND BLAC ZAC AND--

Stopped listening right there. Fuck off Riot.

Einbroch

Banned
It would be better if they added the colors variations as rewards for getting those character ranks like heroes of the storm.

I agree 100%.

The champion mastery system is a start, but they really need something that you unlock by playing the game. Even if it's literally just the ability to unlock a chroma. Say you unlock red, blue, and yellow off the bat. Green after 10 wins with said champion. Black after 50. Something. You still need to buy them, but Riot would be smart to do this. People flip shit over gold borders, imagine how much they'd pay to say "I'm good at this champion".

Blizzard

Banned
I jumped on after several days off, tried one URF game.

"Damnnation12: Die in a pit of fire Katarina."

Well at least everyone is still cheerful!

The camera in this game is so fucking bad. They have an option where you can hold middle mouse to drag the camera, but there's apparently no setting to make it an inverse drag where dragging down moves the camera up. That's so fucking umcomfortable. Is there really no way to fix that?

So played a couple normals today to get over the trauma that was my demotion. (read the harrowing tale here)

Played against a Sivir.
You ready for her build path? (arrows indicate backs)

Dorans/Health Potion-->Boots-->Berserker's Greaves-->Zeal-->HOMEGUARD-->Avarice Blade-->BF Sword-->Cloak of Agility/Statik Shiv-->Infinity Edge

what.the.fuck.
lol
needless to say we dumpstered them

BLAC ZAC AND--

hahahaha nice try as if you'll ever get a zac skin
zac mains am cry

bokn

Banned
Its ok baby, you'll be fine without me playing Dota 2 electric bugaloo.

(I actually finally figured out some controls that feel comfortable to me in Dota2, so I -could- play it. But I'm not gonna juggle my time between 3 MOBAs. My friends play League, and I love Smite since its so different. I aint got no time for Dota2.)

Plus I play mobile games. Clearly complexity isn't what I'm looking for in my games.
You're a strong independent nerd who doesn't need to justify himself to nobody
Is it wrong that one of the big reasons I'm choosing League over Dota as my second MOBA is because of videogamedunkey?
Nah, Leeg has the best video game community for sure
it's not zyklewd

it's zkylewd

get it fucking right damn it

just give me this first
You really like the zkylewd tag don't you

The camera in this game is so fucking bad. They have an option where you can hold middle mouse to drag the camera, but there's apparently no setting to make it an inverse drag where dragging down moves the camera up. That's so fucking umcomfortable. Is there really no way to fix that?
Huh, I didn't know that was a thing.

You're a strong independent nerd who doesn't need to justify himself to nobody

Nah, Leeg has the best video game community for sure

Huh, I didn't know that was a thing.

<3

Also I figured out the camera. Game saved.

Newt

They tried to invade us level 1. Then they got hit by a 5 man Lulu q and a 5 man Trist E with 3 stacks. Literally half the health of everyone gone. Feels good to start the game with a 2k gold lead. I guess Trist benefits pretty well from a triple kill level 1.
81064b903d309ef402f65c2f894b2d16.png

Blizzard

Banned
They tried to invade us level 1. Then they got hit by a 5 man Lulu q and a 5 man Trist E with 3 stacks. Literally half the health of everyone gone. Feels good to start the game with a 2k gold lead. I guess Trist benefits pretty well from a triple kill level 1.
Shen taunt probably helped with that. You gotta give credit to your non-duo!

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
smurfing in silver with a buddy and someone wasn't happy with my choice of sightstone instead of building straight damage since I got first blood as a support lux.
that's a first for me at least.

Blizzard

Banned
smurfing in silver with a buddy and someone wasn't happy with my choice of sightstone instead of building straight damage since I got first blood as a support lux.
that's a first for me at least.
I got told in bronze/silver that trinkets (and/or wards, can't remember for sure) were a crutch for bad players.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
OMG WOW SO WE'LL BE ABLE TO RECOLOR OUR CHAMPS AND THAT WAY NO EVERYONE WILL HAVE THE SAME LOOKING CHAMP EVERY GAME OMG SO COOL WE NEEDED SOME PERSONALITY IN GAME PEOPLE CAN HAVE MAIN SKINS LIKE BLUKONG AND BLAC ZAC AND--

Stopped listening right there. Fuck off Riot.

It's like people don't know what the PBE is actually for...

"All options are still open in the future, including earning additional chromas through champion mastery"

Blizzard

Banned
Muting people does mute their emotes, unless something has changed in recent times.
I think the /mute command does but the scoreboard doesn't.

At any rate, I just played a ranked game for the first time in a week or two. For one thing I kept trying to right-click drag the map after a week of Pillars of Eternity, which was annoying. But ok, I could get used to the camera again.

But what drove me INSANE, after logging in to 14 friend requests, was getting 4+ more friend requests over the course of a single 30-ish minute game. If I can't find a way to disable that sound effect (maybe I can mute the client using Windows volume control) then I may just stop playing completely. It's a small thing but it is incredibly irritating to me.

14 friend requests on login, 4-5 over the game, 3 more just after the game ended. They're all bots from eloboost.net, too.

[12:53] Pivanti Shraemi: I am just a bot! If you need any assistance, just contact with us:
http://eloboost.net/contact #233892

Surely there's some way Riot can mass IP ban, or shut down the website or something?

zkylon

zkylewd
just turned 27

i'm so old ;_;

I mean, it's not like I'm saying "make her E have a lower CD" but her Q having a 15 second CD at rank 1 is ridiculous. Either make it a flat 11 like Morg binding or shave off a couple seconds at all ranks. Same for her ult, there's no real reason to have it on a higher CD now that ADCs have stuff like cheaper MR and BT shields, give back her old 24 second lasers

As for the mana costs, Riot nerfed her mana regen for no reason with the season 5 changes and never gave anything back for it, I'd think it would be only fair, specially since Xerath does what she does better and he has basically infinite mana with that passive.
i mean, i dunno

she has a decent winrate and i wouldn't consider her particularly weak or in serious need of a buff. she could stand to have a bit better laning and a bit of better waveclear, so a small e dmg buff would be nice, but i feel like it'd be maybe too disruptive to mess with more stuff when she's not really needing it

personally i don't like this whole skin recolor thing but i'm not sure if there's much logic to it

basically i really don't like how it sounds not knowing how a champion's gonna look. like lee sin is blue or yellow despite his splash saying his jacket's white.

that for some reason really annoys me and i guess it's kind of unreasonable but i dunno

tho if they had shown like a pink ori recolor or something maybe i dunno...

she's like a spy i think?

i dunno

just put on a pretty costume plsss

"Hey, what are we gonna call this new skin?"

"Lux with scarf."
it's scarf lux

dumbo

it'd be hilarious if they turned that on its head and she was actually a complete moron, but thought she was a tactical genius and her bro garen was all like "yeah, uh huh, you're so smart" while he slipped it in a--- uhhh

slipped it in a what?

if only

i mean

i get asked a lot of questions tho

So here I am sitting in champ select as last pick on red side. I'm stuck with top lane, and I just played top Malphite and Irelia (won both). So I was like hmmmm I love Renketon but he scales like shit who should I pick into Maokai?

Then it hit me I've never tried this flavor of the month Hecarim top iginte/tp crap. I mean if all the pros are doing it it must be a good idea right?

Untitled.jpg

Good lord have mercy.... what a stupid champion if he gets first blood.

Annie was 0-3 too and I just shove top roam mid kill zed over and over and over until she got back into the game. Holy LMAO what a champion... Riot pls.

just turned 27

i'm so old ;_;

26 here brah.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So here I am sitting in champ select as last pick on red side. I'm stuck with top lane, and I just played top Malphite and Irelia (won both). So I was like hmmmm I love Renketon but he scales like shit who should I pick into Maokai?

Then it hit me I've never tried this flavor of the month Hecarim top iginte/tp crap. I mean if all the pros are doing it it must be a good idea right?

Good lord have mercy.... what a stupid champion if he gets first blood.

Annie was 0-3 too and I just shove top roam mid kill zed over and over and over until she got back into the game. Holy LMAO what a champion... Riot pls.

but did you report?

but did you report?

That Voli actually ruined lane for Maokai. He ganked me at level 3 I ran back to my turret he messed up his flip and flipped me like sideways. Took 2 turret shots in the meantime while I had W on, then I Q ignite him and got first blood.

Maokai only died to me in lane once after that when my iginte came up a 2nd time. The rest of my kills were basically me roaming mid, home guarding mid, and tping bot.

Then once mid game game I was just doing whatever the hell I pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom