• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

At least we have our dank memes.

Even Pillars of Eternity knows this

fqe6UE2.jpg

Cait has 650 range, 4% per level AS and her passive deals heaps of damage, once she gets her core 3 items she deals more damage than any non-hypercarry ADC with their steroids down.

Cait's problem is that people take her initially bland gameplan for granted and never fully cash in to her strengths.

Ashhong

I played against the worst cait yesterday. I was Lucian and she never even tried to zone me or poke me at all. She just stood in a stationary spot and kept autoing her minions.

Free win of course. It's usually so easy for me to get destroyed by Cait. Just get zoned so hard. Is there a special strat I should be doing? Usually ban her if I'm first pick and want to Lucian.

garath

Every couple months I think about trying out Draven and immediately realize how hilariously bad I am at handling the axes when I play him. I'll never be any good with him

You should be click-moving anyway - you may as well stack damage at the same time.

Jeff-DSA

Wow. I didn't play for a whole patch.

Notes look ok. Lots of nerfs. Probably justified. I have no idea what they are doing with Fizz.

I haven't played for two patches now. Maybe three. I'm not sure now. I will probably be playing/streaming tonight though.

drawkcaB

Born in '81. Got to live the golden age of kid's shows, playing outside, arcades (well, almost golden age), toy stores, video game magazines, and video games that didn't segment up their assets and sell them to you piecemeal while still selling the base to you at full price.

Sorry all you young punks have to live in a world full of garbage everything.

Speaking of which I took a trip down memory lane Sunday night and downloaded a whole bunch of Nintendo Power magazine scans. It was a barrage of memories that I thought I had forgotten. Just saw a picture of the Stage 1 boss from Batman NES and *bam* I could remember his pattern.

I'm not sure if games were better back then (honestly speaking, probably not) but gaming, as a hobby, was definitely better.

Jeff-DSA

Speaking of which I took a trip down memory lane Sunday night and downloaded a whole bunch of Nintendo Power magazine scans. It was a barrage of memories that I thought I had forgotten. Just saw a picture of the Stage 1 boss from Batman NES and *bam* I could remember his pattern.

I'm not sure if games were better back then (honestly speaking, probably not) but gaming, as a hobby, was definitely better.

Overall game quality is probably better now, yeah, but dang it, we were treated better as consumers!

drawkcaB

It's the most painful considering I play jungle. I literally have no idea if my champions are still relevant or not.

They are.

Overall game quality is probably better now, yeah, but dang it, we were treated better as consumers!

Well, I don't know about that. I remember my dad paying $100 for SMB3 as a 3rd grade graduation present because big box stores in my town didn't really deal in video games and it was all boutique stuff. But I guess that's not the gaming industry itself trying to screw me over but rather how shitty retail used to be for tech unless you lived in a big city.

And then you can get into the whole games being designed to eat your quarters angle, which for some reason carried over to lots of cartridge based games...and yeah the industry's been screwing with people for a long time. 4-man beating the X-Men arcade game would cost me upwards of $4 in quarters for an experience that lasted about 35 mins where, if I'm being honest even though I love the game, you're doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Any rate, I was thinking about the things surrounding gaming, like the gaming mags were actually about playing the games, the sense of discovery because the internet wasn't out there to ruin everything for you, etc.

I feel like with the change you might be better off in a lot of cases initiating by just running up with the new speed boost and knocking someone up then hooking them. Granted, that was viable in a lot of situations before, but the gap close is made easier now by the increased speed boost.

Tizoc

Dat Debonair Galio...
Gotta say the animation for Galio's Q always confused me @_@ I keep forgetting that he'll damage the area I highlight, making it like velk's E, but its animation makes it look like it is fired in a straight line.

I remember going to the library or bookstore and making a beeline for the guide books and magazines for tips on how to beat Tubular in Super Mario World. Had to go to a friend's place to figure out the Bowser trick. Wrote down codes on sheets of paper to skip levels.

When MvC came out in arcades (or maybe it was X-Men vs. SF), my brother and I would maximize our quarters by having him playing the single-player campaign until he was about to lose. I would then insert a quarter as a new challenger, he would wipe the floor with me (I sucked), and then he'd go right back to the campaign and re-play the last level he was on.

Jeff-DSA

I feel like with the change you might be better off in a lot of cases initiating by just running up with the new speed boost and knocking someone up then hooking them. Granted, that was viable in a lot of situations before, but the gap close is made easier now by the increased speed boost.

That wasn't a bad way to engage anyway. You could run, knock them up, let your ADC hammer on them, and then hook them when they tried to get away for another round of damage. That wasn't easy to do, but now it will be easier.

Blitzcrank will still be the #1 or #2 highest win rate support in solo queue, I predict. He does a ton of damage for having so much laning presence and tanks a lot more than people expect. Obviously he remains effective throughout the game with his Q/E combo. Might mean poorer Blitzcrank's slow themselves at horrible times and feed a kill or two, but it won't stop him carrying lanes and games.

Blizzard

Banned
Why would ranked be more likely to have Teemo players than normal games?

Also there is a Kassadin buff. :| I don't want anyone to play Kassadin.

How long should I fight against bots until I start going against people?

I can barely last hit but in bot games I'm always laned with another dude since nobody does Jungle, and its hard to last hit with another dude also attacking them and aiming for last hits.

I also feel like there's such little visual feedback to anything I do. And there's probably a way to disable it, but when my character walks towards an enemy minion they'll start auto attacking, and this sometimes fucks up my last hits. I can stop it by pressing S, but can I get it to not just auto instant attack everything in sight? Is turning off AA wise? Can I toggle it easily in-game?

zkylon

zkylewd
i2IoqSO4W6Nxh.png

lol this was hilarious

we made an all supports comp to like keep shielding and healing the random non-premade player and whenever he died we were like "our dear leader is down!!" and we would run away lol

guy looked so happy

we even gave him 4 honors lol

Oooooh
I also feel like there's such little visual feedback to anything I do. And there's probably a way to disable it, but when my character walks towards an enemy minion they'll start auto attacking, and this sometimes fucks up my last hits. I can stop it by pressing S, but can I get it to not just auto instant attack everything in sight? Is turning off AA wise? Can I toggle it easily in-game?
IIRC there's an option on the in-game settings to turn off automatic auto attacks

Personally I think turning it off is a must

Blizzard

Banned
i2IoqSO4W6Nxh.png

lol this was hilarious

we made an all supports comp to like keep shielding and healing the random non-premade player and whenever he died we were like "our dear leader is down!!" and we would run away lol

guy looked so happy

we even gave him 4 honors lol
WHAT, I only played URF 2 or 3 times but didn't realize you could get to level 20. What's the limit? Do you get increased stats each time?

It's like they left her for last just to spite you
The Black Cleaver
Item Cost: 3000
Recipe Cost: 825
+400 Health
+40 Attack Damage
+20% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion Cleaves them, reducing their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds (stacks up to 6 times, up to 30%).
UNIQUE Passive - Rage: Dealing physical damage grants 20 movement speed for 2 seconds. Assists on Cleaved enemy champions or kills on any unit grant 80 movement speed for 4 seconds instead. This Movement Speed is halved for ranged champions.

Randuin's Omen
Item Cost: 2850
Recipe Cost: 800
+500 Health
+70 Armor

UNIQUE Passive - Cold Steel: When hit by basic attacks, reduces the attacker's attack speed by 15%.
UNIQUE Active: Slows the movement speed of nearby enemy units by 35% and afflicts them with Cold Steel's debuff for 3 seconds. For each enemy champion slowed, gain 15% attack speed for 6 seconds (60 second cooldown).
Excuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeee

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oooooh

IIRC there's an option on the in-game settings to turn off automatic auto attacks

Personally I think turning it off is a must

At first I was like omg Taric remake. Then I read the notes.

How long should I fight against bots until I start going against people?

I can barely last hit but in bot games I'm always laned with another dude since nobody does Jungle, and its hard to last hit with another dude also attacking them and aiming for last hits.

For me, I right-click to move around without attacking, and then left-click+A to last-hit. It makes my position unpredictable.

Warmogs back in ARAM, thanks Rito. I love rush stacking HP regen on tanks (Targon/Horn/Cowl upgrade) and this makes it even better.

That's a very ridiculous buff to Randuins for people like Jax.

Black Cleaver sounds even better for Garen.

Runaan's Hurricane (only good in like 2 situations) is the biggest one I can think of.

What champions are you playing?

No clue! I've tried like 3 champions. Jinx, Vanyssa (some dragon lady), and this emo Vampire dude who keeps saying "I'M ON BORROWED TIME"

Are there any noob trap items I should be aware off?
There aren't really "noob trap" items as much as there are good items that are used in very specific situations so you shouldn't get them unless you absolutely know what you're doing unless they are core in champion

EDIT - Actually, there's a few actual noob traps, being upgrades to great items that are a waste of money if bought before anything else. Ruby Sightstone, Maw of Malmortius, etc.

There are times where I needed to upgrade to Ruby Sightstone just for the extra ward. This is usually during matches when I'm against an enemy team who switches to red trinkets early on and uses them well. Another situation is when I'm trying to influence teammates by shifting my wards towards a particular lane. Why focus on a particular lane? Either because I want to take a particular tower down, or to prep my team for dragon/baron (jungle ward/minion push for more vision and time), or to encourage splitpushing. Whenever I try doing those, it means I'm roaming a lot and don't really need to go back. As much as possible, I want to get some other item when I refresh my ward supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom