• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Just saw the suggestion on reddit (i know...) to have an URF random pick mode. I think that's a really good idea. It would definitely cut down on the same OP champions every game and it might cut down on the dumbass tryhards too.

He was top in a recent completive game I believe?
I dunno, not that I recall of. It would've likely made some murmur on the internet like the Udyr picks.

I'd figure Naut top wouldn't be suited for competitive play thanks to lane swaps. He's not exactly tanky early to handle 1v2s nor does he have enough ranged tools to try and stay in XP range.

Newt

Just saw the suggestion on reddit (i know...) to have an URF random pick mode. I think that's a really good idea. It would definitely cut down on the same OP champions every game and it might cut down on the dumbass tryhards too.
I mean, it's a joke mode set for a few weeks. Not really worth the effort.

Leezard

Oh solo queue, what are you going to come up with next

WzCJJuo.png

Nekofrog

Banned
i would really love a random urf mode to be permanent as a way of letting steam go or wasting time with some irl buds.

i love aram, but after playing urf it's hard to go back

Its ok baby, you'll be fine without me playing Dota 2 electric bugaloo.

(I actually finally figured out some controls that feel comfortable to me in Dota2, so I -could- play it. But I'm not gonna juggle my time between 3 MOBAs. My friends play League, and I love Smite since its so different. I aint got no time for Dota2.)

Plus I play mobile games. Clearly complexity isn't what I'm looking for in my games.

V_Arnold

Its ok baby, you'll be fine without me playing Dota 2 electric bugaloo.

(I actually finally figured out some controls that feel comfortable to me in Dota2, so I -could- play it. But I'm not gonna juggle my time between 3 MOBAs. My friends play League, and I love Smite since its so different. I aint got no time for Dota2.)

Plus I play mobile games. Clearly complexity isn't what I'm looking for in my games.

You are looking for God! Admit it!

Worry not, you have found it in LoL. Just pick Teemo.

Leezard

These games are intensive.

Annie assassinated Vayne in every fight, and I managed to polymorph Yasuo so that he wouldn't get a 4 man ult on our team after he had knocked up the rest of them. Lee got the enemy team a huge lead in the beginning.

I need to take a normal game to calm myself.

zkylon

zkylewd

ehh... i think these modes are better off being temporary

people come up with metas and tryhard it and ruin it for everyone

you don't want to run into urf's opiate or something

Whelp. There goes all my money. Hello chroma packs.

CP_lucian.png
that's pretty lame

590 rp for three chromas for either default or skins

their excuse for overcharging for a shitty recolor is that old recolor skins would be 390 rp and if you want three colors it'd be 1170 to get all three

but who would by three recolors for a single fucking skin

Bacon

ehh... i think these modes are better off being temporary

people come up with metas and tryhard it and ruin it for everyone

you don't want to run into urf's opiate or something

Yeah I mean I probably wouldn't want it to be permanent but there is already a meta around urf and having it be random pick would break the meta

These games are intensive.

Annie assassinated Vayne in every fight, and I managed to polymorph Yasuo so that he wouldn't get a 4 man ult on our team after he had knocked up the rest of them. Lee got the enemy team a huge lead in the beginning.

I need to take a normal game to calm myself.

Damn I hate Vayne but poor Vayne. She has Banshee and cleanse and still can't escape Annie huh? Lulz...

Sometimes as an ADC especially during the assassin meta I feel like if you come to a team fight 5-10 seconds late it was actually advantageous. Obviously champions like Zed/Ahri/LeBlanc (during that meta) were always looking to blow you up first. But sometimes when you come late they just panic or use their cool downs on someone else cause they probably thinking 4v5... and then you come and just auto DPS to victory.

The Dragon lives!

This is really cool. Is there a pricing structure in place?
For now it'll be 590 RP for the 3 color pack, they're looking into feedback to see if they'll add each color for 390 RP separately
Tekken Law skin? Tekken Law skin.
That's a really weird way of saying "Game of Death Lee" skin

Chroma packs are ways for you to deepen your experience with some of your favorite champions and skins, not change the core identity of that champ or skin.
Boo, the initial pitch had recolored splashes

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope they make single recolors available at some point

i want pink lux, not fucking green and orange

Yeah I mean I probably wouldn't want it to be permanent but there is already a meta around urf and having it be random pick would break the meta
yea that could be, but you know, it's not like people are laid back in arams anyways :p

Leezard

Damn I hate Vayne but poor Vayne. She has Banshee and cleanse and still can't escape Annie huh? Lulz...

Sometimes as an ADC especially during the assassin meta I feel like if you come to a team fight 5-10 seconds late it was actually advantageous. Obviously champions like Zed/Ahri/LeBlanc (during that meta) were always looking to blow you up first. But sometimes when you come late they just panic or use their cool downs on someone else cause they probably thinking 4v5... and then you come and just auto DPS to victory.

Yeah, she had pretty much no chance. Often she got caught in a flank due to our vision though, it was not a full on teamfight before she died.

Annie is ridiculous to fight for most adcs.

just give me this first
I approve

Seriously Lux could use a small MU alongside a new skin. She doesn't look that bad, she just needs to not look like a twig and not run around as if she was desperately looking for a bathroom. Also mana cost / CD tweaks pls

I approve

Seriously Lux could use a small MU alongside a new skin. She doesn't look that bad, she just needs to not look like a twig and not run around as if she was desperately looking for a bathroom. Also mana cost / CD tweaks pls

I have Sorceress Lux and when I was looking into what it looked like I found a reddit thread where people were moaning how her old splash for it made her look like an old woman, but...that's exactly what her model looked like, so they made Riot change it to the Chinese art, which, like all her other splashes, look nothing like her, and are "prettier" so to speak.

Her hair is short and curls up at the ends like she's a magical Coco Peru, and it isn't flowy and long like in her splashes.

A model update (and animations like you said) for her wouldn't go amiss to bring them more inline with how she's portrayed in the art.

Also, Twitch is on rotation tomorrow, and I just used my IP on him too~~ I wanted to try him out for a while and I coulld've used that IP on my Rune pages instead. Gutted.

zkylon

zkylewd
It makes more sense cuz you are sick.

#imout

eff u dumbo

I approve

yea her model could use a bit of a touch up, and tbh her design as well. i'd like her to be more like a mage, less armor and more cloth and leather and pretty stuff. also make whatever armor she has shiny like leona's and tune up all her animations and give her a cool dance

the mana cost / cd stuff i dunno. mana costs and cd are hard because of how tied they are to her counterplay. she feels pretty balanced to me and she's fine at what she does. i wish her laning was a little bit better so you're not always farming under turret so straight 10 more damage on her e would already be a very nice early game buff that wouldn't break her or anything

I have Sorceress Lux and when I was looking into what it looked like I found a reddit thread where people were moaning how her old splash for it made her look like an old woman, but...that's exactly what her model looked like, so they made Riot change it to the Chinese art, which, like all her other splashes, look nothing like her, and are "prettier" so to speak.

Her hair is short and curls up at the ends like she's a magical Coco Peru, and it isn't flowy and long like in her splashes.

A model update (and animations like you said) for her wouldn't go amiss to bring them more inline with how she's portrayed in the art.
i mean, i'd still rather have pretty splash than ugly splash even if it's less representative of the in-game model (but not of the character). i wish they actually used chinese art for spellthief too

her default splash is great after she got the eyebrow trim, i really wish they redid all the splashes already

or just give me a new skin

one that's not military ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom