• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
how come everybody knew tho

zEEf0OB.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't understand new e

so you e someone, that then hits everyone around him and hits that first person back

how can that stack three times if it only hits each person twice at best?

maybe from multiple e casts from passive?

also seems like they nerfed most of his damage mana and ap scaling, which i agree with

also his base stats are weaker

i think he'll be pretty shit as a mid laner now tho. he can't q harass anymore and e seems to have a really short splash range so sounds like you could really abuse him, tho i guess if he has the shield going you're pretty much zoned off the wave

i have no prior knowledge of these comics. but i've come to expect these things
i see i see

i'm disappointed tho :/

Leezard

i don't understand new e

so you e someone, that then hits everyone around him and hits that first person back

how can that stack three times if it only hits each person twice at best?

maybe from multiple e casts from passive?

also seems like they nerfed most of his damage mana and ap scaling, which i agree with

also his base stats are weaker

i think he'll be pretty shit as a mid laner now tho. he can't q harass anymore and e seems to have a really short splash range so sounds like you could really abuse him, tho i guess if he has the shield going you're pretty much zoned off the wave

i see i see

i'm disappointed tho :/
His E works like this I think:

you hit original target, then you hit X near targets. Each of these bounce back to the original target, which means you hit the original target X extra times. Each of these bounces deal less damage than the original or the damage would be ridiculous.

Tizoc

you hit original target, then you hit X near targets. Each of these bounce back to the original target, which means you hit the original target X extra times. Each of these bounces deal less damage than the original or the damage would be ridiculous.

So it's like Fiddle's E?

It stacks up to 3 times because once you get enough CDR you'll be able to use it more than once within 5 seconds

You hit someone, they get their MR shredded, take damage and they AoE everything around what you hit, then they take additional damage for each thing that was hit. You E again, and they refresh the shred and stack another one on top, and so on

Leezard

So it's like Fiddle's E?

Well, kind of, but not really.
It stacks up to 3 times because once you get enough CDR you'll be able to use it more than once within 5 seconds

You hit someone, they get their MR shredded, take damage and they AoE everything around what you hit, then they take additional damage for each thing that was hit. You E again, and they refresh the shred and stack another one on top, and so on

Shouldn't 3 stacks appear instantly if you bounce of off at least 2 targets?

zkylon

zkylewd
Because your lewdness is weak

i mean i like pretty pictures and silly words :>

hmm i'm not sure

also does it like domino effect and keeps hitting people farther and farther away?

the animation at the rito site and the tooltip are really bad at conveying how it works

yeah that's how i think it will work, specially once the active's up since every q reduces all other spells' cd by 4s (?)

passive is also really weird since the cd reduction becomes less strong the more cdr you have?

really confusing

Leezard

hmm i'm not sure

also does it like domino effect and keeps hitting people farther and farther away?

the animation at the rito site and the tooltip are really bad at conveying how it works
Nah. Only bounce out, then bounce in.

The splash effect seems to resemble Swain's ult except he has infinite birds... and the birds returning hurt instead of heal.

This is a good explanation I think.

zkylon

zkylewd
so basically if you're melee new ryze will fuck you up because you'll always be near minions and get 3 or 4 return dmg thingies?

his e has up to 150 dmg at rank 1, probably more since it's shredding your mr

is that right?

sounds insane

Leezard

He's still going to be an irritating top lane opponent, it seems. Well, his scaling might be different, I haven't looked at that.

The difference is that he is going to have some counterplay now,, but sure, he'll probably be annoying like most ranged top laners.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's still going to be an irritating top lane opponent, it seems. Well, his scaling might be different, I haven't looked at that.

will have to see, his power got dropped a bit when he's not in shield mode from base stats, general scaling and general numbers (higher cds and less dmg)

his q being a skillshot might actually hurt his laning quite a bit and tbh i can kind of see people maxing e first since it deals so much damage (you'll almost always get at least one bounce since it bounces off ryze) and can't be dodged

i dunno, generally all ranged top laners are obnoxious to play against if you're melee, and ryze's biggest issue was that he was super tanky on top of being ranged, so he could hyperscale and still dominate lane. his base and scaling stats got nerfed quite a bit so maybe he'll be super squishy when the shield's not up

or something

He just lost a big part of what made him annoying top, his targeted Qs, Es and his old passive. No more harassing behind minions, no more rapid fire QWEQ once he hits 3, slower tear charging, etc

W is also on a 18 second CD now so once Ryze uses that bruisers can jump on him and wreck his face, he can't use that willy nilly anymore

zkylon

zkylewd
im guessing the reason why you'll want to max q first is because of the passive allowing you to machinegun q's faster than twin fangs

feels weird to me that you get passive stacks on spellcasts rather than hits. like, you can show up in lane with 3 or 4 stacks from stacking tear on your walk there which sounds weird to me

Jeff-DSA

im guessing the reason why you'll want to max q first is because of the passive allowing you to machinegun q's faster than twin fangs

feels weird to me that you get passive stacks on spellcasts rather than hits. like, you can show up in lane with 3 or 4 stacks from stacking tear on your walk there which sounds weird to me

That's how Vlad's E works. It's fine, I guess.

That's what her ult is for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's what an E empowered AA + Runaans is for.
Doesn't Kass have an ability that works that way?

zkylon

zkylewd
That's how Vlad's E works. It's fine, I guess.
vlad's e is imo one of the worst spells in the game

it's annoying as fuck to keep track of it which forces it to be pretty op to compensate (unlimited targets, ridiculous damage, doesn't even have to aim or even see the target)

i hate that stupid spell

i feel ryze's new q is a nowhere near as bad, tho. it's just a bit weird behavior imo

Doesn't Kass have an ability that works that way?
yeah but kass e isn't on a timer and it works on enemy spells too

but i mean kassadin is not like the standard of balance and counterplay and happiness i think :>

I'm so fucking bad. :(

Went 1/7/6 as Lissandra in a bot game. I just kept dying and was unable to actually do enough lethal damage to ever finish anything off. I've no clue why.

bokn

Banned
It'll be ok cornburrito

Liss is more of an engager, so she's not the bestest against bots where everybody just wants to be a hero

So is LoLKing still The Site for stat gathering? There's too fucking many of them now and most of them look like they do the exact same thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm so fucking bad. :(

Went 1/7/6 as Lissandra in a bot game. I just kept dying and was unable to actually do enough lethal damage to ever finish anything off. I've no clue why.

haha yea, lizzy's not the best mid if you want to deal the damagess

she's more like an engager type, you're supposed to be looking for flanks so you can claw from an unpredictable position, ult someone, dump all your spells and zhonyas while your team cleans up, but she wont like oneshot people like annie or something

she's kind of a unique midlaner

also don't build roa on her, get morellos/athenes into zhonyas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom