• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

zkylon

zkylewd
well using the kabumeter we can tell kabum got 3 kills against an american team than while only one against the koreans

so basically 3x na = kr

bokn

Banned
I wouldn't say anything until groups are over

ALL and FNC might win the next match and tiebreaker and then you have egg on your face

Newt

zubBxTu.jpg

d[-_-]b

Banned
I wouldn't say anything until groups are over

ALL and FNC might win the next match and tiebreaker and then you have egg on your face

I'm sure they might, just as all the other teams might win. Then you might have egg on your face lol?

Anfang

LMQ have me kind of confused atm. They have only played two games, but it makes me wonder why they left china if they can do this.

A couple of things to remember about LMQ coming to NA: 1) There's a lot more money (and stability) to be earned in North America than China. 2) LMQ weren't doing so great in the Chinese league at the end of Season 3. 3) They swapped several players so it was basically a different roster who went to NA from the one which played in the LPL.

zkylon

zkylewd
LMQ have me kind of confused atm. They have only played two games, but it makes me wonder why they left china if they can do this.
it's mostly money but maybe they just wanted better competition? china looks pretty bad right now

i'd say regions so far look like kr > na > ch > eu, tho a pretty big difference between korea and the rest of course

EXGN

Whars the logic behind all the Kayle into the rumble picks?

Is she meant to ult the rumble ult in team fights? Push him into tower in lane?

Or maybe it was just for syndra

Keep in mind that Kayle was picked as a flexpick and they didn't decide to put her top until they pick Xerath last.

IMO, Alliance thought Kayle is better than Rumble in lane and can become a split pushing monster that Rumble can't deal with. This is why C9 did the fast push top to take the tower - it puts Rumble in a position where he can farm safely at tower while Kayle has to play super conservatively because she is extended and has no tower to run back to if she gets ganked.

Ideally, ALL wanted to get to the late game relatively even and send Kayle to split push while Xerath wave cleared from a distance under tower. However, both Rumble and Kayle got set back due to lane swaps which extended the Rumble power spike and delayed the Kayle power spike. C9 gained so much ground before Kayle could get online that she could no longer split push without jeopardizing base towers.

garath

Keep in mind that Kayle was picked as a flexpick and they didn't decide to put her top until they pick Xerath last.

IMO, Alliance thought Kayle is better than Rumble in lane and can become a split pushing monster that Rumble can't deal with. This is why C9 did the fast push top to take the tower - it puts Rumble in a position where he can farm safely at tower while Kayle has to play super conservatively because she is extended and has no tower to run back to if she gets ganked.

Ideally, ALL wanted to get to the late game relatively even and send Kayle to split push while Xerath wave cleared from a distance under tower. However, both Rumble and Kayle got set back due to lane swaps which extended the Rumble power spike and delayed the Kayle power spike. C9 gained so much ground before Kayle could get online that she could no longer split push without jeopardizing base towers.

Exactly this. C9 out thought that pick perfectly.

CRS

Finally, a hyper carry ADC against Tristana. No more fucking Lucian. Thank you LMQ. Also, LMQ made Crumbz' proud by not getting one Locket, but two!

ByahgxgCEAAWMgk.png:large

bokn

Banned
But if they lose group stage, there might be a sale.

Less team value and all..

But then people will laugh at you for supporting Fnatic

GROUPS C + D - Day 2
t1411722000z4.png

Twitch | YouTube | Azubu

Today's Matches:
SSjVJyz.png

AKA Korea vs World. How close is the west to Korea?

Key Matches:
NJWS v ALL
With a crushing defeat yesterday at the hands of c9, winning this match would go far in the standings and for their confidence. Still the best chance EU has got, I'm sure many are hoping Alliance show up today.
SSB v FNC
SSB historically have a weak early game - perhaps some crazy FNC early game plays will be able to score them the victory before the superior SSB teamfighting kicks in
NJWS v C9
Cloud9 looking on point against Alliance yesterday and by far, the best strategic team in the west. NJWS have shown that they have a wide pool of strategies themselves. This match will really let us see how close NA is to KR.
OMG v FNC
A do or die match for both teams. The loser will unlikely make it to the top two at the end of groups.
SSB v LMQ
LMQ performed amazingly yesterday. Can they do it again against SSB?

Whew, hell of a day. (Rumble is going to be everywhere)

bokn

Banned
Really close game but I really wanted alliance to close this game out

We gotta have an eu team in quarters!
I'd love it if alliance and cloud9 can make it out

confuziz

Banned
why is tristana still this OP? he has been this good since the beginning of the season

also silly to not auto ban trist, what a fail by alliance

Top Bottom