• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

Leezard

Whars the logic behind all the Kayle into the rumble picks?

Is she meant to ult the rumble ult in team fights? Push him into tower in lane?

Or maybe it was just for syndra

Nah, they picked Kayle before Syndra. It might have been a pre-emptive counter against Syndra/Zed, but I am unsure of the rumble/kayle interaction. Perhaps Kayle has decent laning against rumble.

also very weak engage against a janna

i don't get hte kayle pick
It seems like a jack of all trades comp. Kayle can handle Rumble, keep the team healed, protect the hypercarry and still scale pretty hard. Same goes for the rest of their picks

Missed draft so can't say if Lulu and Zilean were banned though

zkylon

zkylewd
Alliance is going to siege and poke. If they get an Elise stun on someone, they kill it. It is up to C9 to engage really. The Janna disengage does not do much against Alliance as they are not trying to get into the faces of C9 anyway. It still has value against Elise and Kayle, but Alliance does not have a dive comp.

yeah but rumble and syndra (and lucy!) damage pressure is gonna push ppl out of turrets

i mean well it's like always, poke comps only works when you're not losing

It seems like a jack of all trades comp. Kayle can handle Rumble, keep the team healed, protect the hypercarry and still scale pretty hard. Same goes for the rest of their picks

Missed draft so can't say if Lulu and Zilean were banned though
lulu, nidalee and irelia were open

don't think much more was up for top lane

zilean was banned

Leezard

yeah but rumble and syndra pressure is gonna push ppl out of turrets

i mean well it's like always, poke comps only works when you're not losing

We'll have to see what happens. I think Alliance has the stronger team if it goes late game. They have to survive the mid game first, though.

C9 has succeeded with the "push them out of the turret" so far.

garath

C9 is playing so decisively and calculated. That's really the only way I can express it. Seems like everything they're doing has a purpose. Very clean.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah you'll prolly be able to track a lot of those lost poke fights and chases to that wtf glacial shroud

might've costed alliance the game, they're basically playing 4v5

Opiate

How did people get the Riot match history o_o

LMQ looking pretty good. What would happen if we get 3 NA teams in the quater finals and 0 EU!?

Not much.

This first round of playoffs has convinced me that China may be better than NA/EU, but really it's Korea that stands head and shoulders above everyone else. It's less like Korea>China>>>>>EU/US, and more like Korea >>>>>> China>EU/US, based on these games.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not much.

This first round of playoffs has convinced me that China may be better than NA/EU, but really it's Korea that stands head and shoulders above everyone else. It's less like Korea>China>>>>>EU/US, and more like Korea >>>>>> China>EU/US, based on these games.

yup that is accurate

also i think the gap between korea and china has widened this season and the gap between china and eu/na has shrunk

garath

C9 owned that. So well played. The ONLY thing they did wrong was give up the first dragon and even that wasn't "wrong".

zkylon

zkylewd
MonteCristo ‏@ggCMonteCristo 10m
This is my favorite game so far at Worlds. Finally we get some lane swaps without a stomp or awful play.

monte you don't get league of legends

cHinzo

Welp, kinda boring game. Expected more from Alliance tbh, but they just seemed to scared to do anything, combined with a lack of vision and no pressure and it was a slow and painful death. C9 played that well, picked a great comp for mid game to secure those drakes.

MonteCristo ‏@ggCMonteCristo 10m
This is my favorite game so far at Worlds. Finally we get some lane swaps without a stomp or awful play.

monte you don't get league of legends
That's gotta be sarcasm

Either that or Monte was watching the LMQ or SSB rebroadcast or something

zkylon

zkylewd
That's gotta be sarcasm

Either that or Monte was watching the LMQ or SSB rebroadcast or something

MonteCristo @ggCMonteCristo · 22m
I am SO sad I am not on the desk for this game. I have a ton to say about the rotations. :(

Really interesting game.

no sarcasm, monte is just a sad boring human being lol

Q8D3vil

Yeah rumble was really strong before but now that his damage bugs are cleaned he is over the top now.
Expecting Ultimate nerf soon. gonna abuse the shit out of him while he is op as fuck.

Type2

Yeah rumble was really strong before but now that his damage bugs are cleaned he is over the top now.
Expecting Ultimate nerf soon. gonna abuse the shit out of him while he is op as fuck.

I still wouldnt call him a great soloq pick since its tough to farm (even if youre good you will be down cs) and he relies on teamplay around objectives.

Im excited for this lmq vs fnatic game and hoping for a bloodbath.... and people to use tp effectively.

Rumble is very bad against pure tanks (all the time), highly mobile opponents, and heavy ranged dps in the super-late game. Competitive teams don't run pure tanks (other than Mundo), don't run as many highly mobile champions since they've all been nerfed so much (other than Zed - Yasuo and Ahri are more vulnerable to Rumble but still good against him) and don't tend to get beyond 3-4 items since the game is played so efficiently. His laning is pretty average too. I doubt he will be nerfed.

bokn

Banned
Fnatic has basically one of if not the best adcs in the world, he's 70 CS ahead of Vasili, playing a hypercarry in a team with Lulu in it, and he's splitpushing

Whoever is making these calls is a fucking idiot
What? Trist (or any adc for that matter) absolutely needs their lifesteal item to be able to withstand a rumble ult

Fnatic just played too risky and got picked defending their Towers while waiting for trist to turn on.

Anyway, super stoked for lmq. The management drama really sucked for them.

But I really like Fnatic :(
And 0 eu in quarters just sounds a bit sad really.

What a godawful match from Fnatic

If Rekkles was actually teamfighting instead of split pushing for 15 minutes they could have actually won. Instead they decide to just stall while LMQ takes everything they want, so bad

Top Bottom