• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

zkylon

zkylewd
SHR proved me wrong. I still think Uzi will fold under pressure against the Koreans.

i dunno how you can think that, uzi looked completely distraught after game 4 and then went huge in game 5

dude just needed a moment to get back in the god zone

i'm glad cola got his great move, i feel like the solo laners for royal had a pretty awful series and needed a tiny bit of redemption

Rurunaki

i dunno how you can think that, uzi looked completely distraught after game 4 and then went huge in game 5

dude just needed a moment to get back in the god zone

i'm glad cola got his great move, i feel like the solo laners for royal had a pretty awful series and needed a tiny bit of redemption

My reason is that he has a history for folding under pressure. If you watch LPL, SHR tends to throw games away with Uzi pretty much getting distraught after a clash or two that their team loses.

Man after that game if I was Royal Club I would of been hype as hell.

Subdued attitudes are boring.

But real talk uzi came back and handled his fucking business!

Real intense game 5's are always super fun to watch I hope we see the rest of the matches do that.

A much more closer match than the Korean stomps on NA.
But Chinese teams is just going to get stomped by Koreans anyway.

Double 3-0 series for Nanjin White Shield

zkylon

zkylewd
My reason is that he has a history for folding under pressure. If you watch LPL, SHR tends to throw games away with Uzi pretty much getting distraught after a clash or two that their team loses.
hopefully he'll get his shit sorted out against shield then

i don't see royal ever beating shield, though. royal seemed so unbelievably bad at baron dancing, i don't think korean teams will ever facecheck for them the way that rumble did on game 5

should be an entertaining series, tho. royal is a pretty fun team and will totally fight shield for everything lol

hope omg puts up a good fight too

OMG have decided to swap out the support that played for them in the group stages, Dada777, for Cloud, who they benched during Week 7 of the Summer LPL Split for toxicity towards his teammates. I like to think that this was upon Dada777's request, after he woke several times with nightmares of what Zefa and Gorilla were going to do San and him in tomorrow's QF.

Great series between EDG and SHRC. Uzi is a god. EDG were clearly better in every other role (except support) but he pulled them through. Curious that in consecutive World Championships the Chinese 1-seed has been knocked out in the quarter-finals by Royal, notionally a lesser seed (last year Royal beat OMG at this stage).

bokn

Banned
LIVE:

6poLcap.png
vs
pBwahoU.png

Twitch | YouTube | Azubu

Time for the battle of the handsome Asians :)

Ferga

Holy shit. San dashing past Nid to position himself for a blinding light on 2 crucial targets.

What in the world.... that was amazing lucian play

Ferga

The moment Watch smite steals and gets the camera on him, he starts picking his nose.

Oh my god, 2 barons to Najin. Come on, omg.

Ferga

Yeah. I don't know why shield didn't have reliable engage, disengage or a front line.

Poke comp with no safe disengage is pretty bad.

This NJWS is not the one I expected to see after regionals... Disappointing play.

On the other hand, OMG really brought it. I'm so excited for the OMG vs SHRC rematch.

Top lane decided this series (along with Ggoong getting stomped by cool in game 2). Save did nothing in games 1 and 2 while Gogoing went off on Ryze every game. NJWS messed up picks/bans in the first two games (the FP Zeds were useless) then managed a close game 3 before they misplayed that baron and lost it (why Zefa was away from the team when they turned back on baron I'll never know). Loveling was excellent too, after being killed by watch at the start of game 1, he read the map well and took the risks his team needed him to. Cloud was an actual support, so that meant OMG's bot lane didn't auto-lose for once, and it gave the rest of their team so much confidence. OMG v SHRC should be a good series SHRC.

Disappointed in NJWS's level of play all through worlds.

Dang so the global power looks like this

KR > CH=NA > EU

Lol... That's streching it, quite a bit.

I'm hoping SHRC beats out OMG again. I wanna see Insec vs. Korea, but I think OMG is the stronger team and would love for them to be in the GF.

bokn

Banned
Lol... That's streching it, quite a bit.

I'm hoping SHRC beats out OMG again. I wanna see Insec vs. Korea, but I think OMG is the stronger team and would love for them to be in the GF.

what's stretching it?

that NA is on par with CH?

Before this game, everybody was yelling KR > NA > CH > EU

what's stretching it?

that NA is on par with CH?

Before this game, everybody was yelling KR > NA > CH > EU

Those people would be pretty much wrong. KR > CN > NA > EU. China's better then NA, there's no doubt about that, its simply a question of how much.

If China is better than NA, then it's a really small amount.

Chinese teams would perform pretty much the same against the Samsung teams

I don't think so. Chinese teams have always been ahead of NA teams. What happened recently to change that standing?

Plus, your point stands for SSW sure, but SSB? No, I think OMG/SHRC would put up a much stronger fight then any NA team (let's be real, I'm only talking about C9. TSM and LMQ don't compare to C9).

Top Bottom