• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

Makareu

I was thinking. Would there be any downside to add a 6th player in the teams whose role would only be about shotcalling ? He would be on stage with the others, and have his team vision. And that would be a nice place for older players to go on.

Great series - a few things fall differently and it'd have been the first game 5 of Worlds. Both TSM and C9 taking games off SSW and SSB and almost pushing them to game 5s makes this, by far, the best NA showing at Worlds. The distance covered since last year is massive, considering C9 were well ahead of any other NA team back then, and from season 2, unbelievable.

Sneaky and Spirit get my vote for MVPs.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was thinking. Would there be any downside to add a 6th player in the teams whose role would only be about shotcalling ? He would be on stage with the others, and have his team vision. And that would be a nice place for older players to go on.
I don't like that idea at all. I think it shows just how well a team can play together when they make the right calls on the fly.

The beauty of LoL is that the pro game is the same as a Ranked 5s game (assuming you're all on voice comm). Adding a weird sixth person (at what level? Would Challenger teams play with it? Ranked ladders? Solo queue?) would fundamentally alter that.

Korten

Banned
yeah i mean

its not like you won't be seeing the two best teams in the world probably playing the best games you'll ever see or anything

All I wanted to see was North America win for once, and sadly it didn't happen this year and probably never will.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like having a sixth player would also make him like sole track keeper of cooldowns and wards and shit and it would make the game generally less about player instincts and mental fortitude and all that which is super cool

it would be cool if there were less mechanically, supportive champions for someone like hai to play that would just allow him to shotcall and play at the same time instead of always trading one for the other.

Makareu

I don't like that idea at all. I think it shows just how well a team can play together when they make the right calls on the fly.

I would only be 1 voice among 6, and it would not change how a team makes decisions on the fly.

The beauty of LoL is that the pro game is the same as a Ranked 5s game (assuming you're all on voice comm). Adding a weird sixth person (at what level? Would Challenger teams play with it? Ranked ladders? Solo queue?) would fundamentally alter that.

But you can already play with someone like this offline. Just have someone watching over your shoulder and on Skype or whatever with the rest of the team.

Firestorm

What a way to go down ;_;7 Helluva series.
i wonder if this means something for hai

shotcalling or not he fed like crazy
I really respected the fact that he said in the interview that his play needs to improve to help his team. I hope Cloud 9 keeps their roster and Hai expands his champion pool. The team in general will hopefully get their vision control up to Blue standards.

Sneaky was godly.

sleepykyo

All I wanted to see was North America win for once, and sadly it didn't happen this year and probably never will.

Not sure that should be the takeaway. It seemed like the Korean teams, especially SKT, were unbeatable last season. Now SKT can't even make it out of their regionals and the western teams were able to take games off of the teams that did. If anything it shows no dynasty lasts forever.

clemenx

Banned
Hai needs to be discussed, imo. He's so far behind not only to international competition but to his own teamates in so many games.

I understand the shotcalling is extremely important but he's dragging C9 behind, imo. I don't see why C9 can't pass the shotcalling to someone else, more pausible than Hai suddendly gaining more talent in mid lane.

Really difficult position for C9 but it needs to be adressed. They can't be content with it being enough for the NA LCS which it is.

Subtle

Hai needs to be discussed, imo. He's so far behind not only to international competition but to his own teamates in so many games.

I understand the shotcalling is extremely important but he's dragging C9 behind, imo. I don't see why C9 can't pass the shotcalling to someone else, more pausible than Hai suddendly gaining more talent in mid lane.

Really difficult position for C9 but it needs to be adressed. They can't be content with it being enough for the NA LCS which it is.

The one thing that sets Cloud 9 apart from other teams is their synergy. Benching Hai would destroy that.

Leezard

I think C9 would be ok even at Hai's current skill level if he could just expand his champion pool. There is no excuse to pick Talon instead of say, Orianna. A mid laner has to know how to play Orianna. The problem is even more apparent when he is so mediocre on Talon.

And once again the west has no reason to be invested in Worlds.

Probably a good thing these are being held in the east.

Maybe for people who are fans of only western teams. But people who are fans of competitive league still have plenty of reason to be invested. SSW vs. SSB might as well be the finals.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well Hai straight up called himself out in post game interview.

Good showing by C9 to show they can play IMO.

Hopefully China blood bath is fun tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
hai prolly needs a better champion pool rather than a wider one

i'd say he should play a few more laid back champions like ori or zilean or something, but it's weird cos c9's style relies a lot on him being really aggressive so i'm guessing someone would have to step up too. like i thought meteos and balls were both more passive than they should've been this series

garath

:(

I was so hopeful after the stomp game 1. Oh well. They were pretty close games all around. Next year is going to be sick.

bokn

Banned
LIVE:

Br2Pq3G.png
vs
H510KqK.png

Twitch | YouTube | Azubu

Top Bottom