• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

zkylon

zkylewd
just finished watching, omg looked pretty good and shield was just awful at drafts, their pick and ban strategy really boggles the mind

champions have been really strange this worlds, early on it was tristana, then it was rumble, now it's ryze and janna has been quietly being taking so many wins, i feel like seeing picks develop through worlds has been very interesting

so i'm switching it up for the skins to be

ryze
khazix
syndra
lucy
nami (it should be janna but no repeats i'm guessing)

janna hard counters engage which makes siege comps with lucian/trist extremely strong. they can back up her disengage with good engage in the jungle (lee sin, j4) or top (maokai, ryze) to make a ridiculous teamfight comp too.

bokn

Banned
t1413015300z4.png

NATIONS CLASH!
SSW, SSB and SHRC, OMG will face each other this semi-finals to determine who has the right to represent their country in the finals of this years World Championships!

e63f1lx.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.02 million concurrent viewers watched OMG crush NJWS yesterday. Dang
TTFTKxA.png

Edwardo

Ugh why does it have to be Saturday. I have Thursday and Friday off!

Oh and the new rumor is that LMQ will be going back to LPL next season. Kakao and Rookie will be joining Royal Club and LMQ who are the same organization.

bokn

Banned
Ugh why does it have to be Saturday. I have Thursday and Friday off!

Oh and the new rumor is that LMQ will be going back to LPL next season. Kakao and Rookie will be joining Royal Club and LMQ who are the same organization.

The other rumor is that Kakao and Rookie are joing LGD

I'd hate for LMQ to leave, though I'm a big Curse fan, I've grown to rather like LMQ and really enjoy them being in the LCS.

Still, that's for another time. Can't wait until the weekend, we have some really epic games coming up. FIGHTING SAMSUNG WHITE!

Cuddler

Couldn't stay too much time without inSec, understandable. I'm still not too sure about those rumors, will be great anyway to see what type of teams they will form.

Cuddler

I read that insecure and Uzi don't get along. Any truth to that?
I don't really know, this is what Zero said on an interview during the match between SHRC and EDG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbaPUUgjCw
inSec said in this interview that there were issues but they are solved now. They probably really discussed because of the various possible strategies, picks and bans, etc. but I don't think it's really important.
insecure? If he needs hugs, I'm 100% available.

Cuddler

can any of them even speak chinese?

Insec seems to do fine using English as a common language, right?

As far as I know inSec and Zero learned basic Chinese, and they use that and basic English. But I don't know how much they can interact using only basic Chinese and basic English. Never heard inSec talking in English besides saying "bye" and "go" and probably some others basic words(unless I forget something), but obviously I only saw him on interviews and tv shows so I have no idea on how good his English really is.

Tizoc

Please do excuse my question but when will the next set of matches start?
Is it really within 2 days or will there be matches played later today?

Flare

Please do excuse my question but when will the next set of matches start?
Is it really within 2 days or will there be matches played later today?

Matches are on Saturday and Sunday both at 4:00 am and both rebroadcasting at 1:00 pm.

So with OGN requiring each organisation to enter but one team in its league, does this make Samsung Blue v Samsung White do or die in more ways than one?

Leezard

So with OGN requiring each organisation to enter but one team in its league, does this make Samsung Blue v Samsung White do or die in more ways than one?

Sell the team that loses in the semis to Jin Air.

If a Chinese team wins the finals - sell both.

Unless they do some player switching shenanigans one team is probably just going to get picked up by some other org.

edit: I guess we are going to see more Korean players moving to China.

zkylon

zkylewd
most of the organizations in korea have two teams so they can scrim each other without giving away their picks and strategies

i say it's pretty stupid that a company like samsung has enough money that can just put two teams in the league so i'm not against this change but it wonder if change will be for better or worse

bokn

Banned
I think as an outsider, saying that this is a "TERRIBLE" move is a bit presumptuous

Bad for an organisation? perhaps
lots of change? sure

but most importantly, is it bad for the scene? well KESPA hopes not, and we wouldnt really know

Mandoric

Banned
It seems like it will buff midrange play, at least for a while (you won't have Samsung scrim Samsung daily while everyone else practices against second-tier at best, at least until we see Samsung Electronics Blue, Samsung Heavy Industries White, and Samsung C&T Red), but tone down the absolute peaks by the same token. It should make it a more competitive game, while at the same time allowing for top players to get more exposure (but journeyman players to get less). And of course, it deals with the potential collusion issues.

I will miss the Masters format, though.

Balb

most of the organizations in korea have two teams so they can scrim each other without giving away their picks and strategies

i say it's pretty stupid that a company like samsung has enough money that can just put two teams in the league so i'm not against this change but it wonder if change will be for better or worse

There are only so many companies in Korea that are capable of sponsoring teams. Pretty much all the big companies have LoL teams so with this new rule there are likely going to be fewer professional players.

bokn

Banned
There are only so many companies in Korea that are capable of sponsoring teams. Pretty much all the big companies have LoL teams so with this new rule there are likely going to be fewer professional players.

It's true that Kesports may have exhausted their sponsors - but there are a lot of mediocre teams that could be bolstered by a 1 team policy. IM, CJ, JinAir, xenics etc.

As of now, the bigs are monopolising the players and the scrimmage time

Samsung will undoubtedly be hurt by this, but beyond them and najin, most teams can benefit from a refocusing on a main roster.

bokn

Banned
Thats a short term pain though

There's no difference between players from 1 sponsor and 2 mediocre teams and 2 sponsors with 1 medicore team each.

t1413014400z4.png

y9Aq2eR.png
vs
cGt0aP4.png

Potential finals boyzzz

Top Bottom