• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

drawkcaB

Blitz pick is very very questionable...

Agreed.

Wrong. Horrible vision control and map rotations. Bad pulls. A big reason these lanes fell behind was because of how Aphromoo played this game.

Even then, beyond Aphroo's really questionable play the pick itself was just bad even had he played well. They have Azir and Tristana in an obvious siege comp, both of whom can self peel so the team needs some lockdown to keep the opposing team in place after the disengages have been used (see Lemon's Morgana pick vs. Fnatic). Elise has a bit of that with her cocoon, but Blitz offers absolutely none of that, neither does Olaf (which was equally a terrible pick into this comp).

Morgana would have been the superior pick and it was available at the time.

On the subject of the Olaf pick, how does Gnar slip away? Would have been perfect. Fits the comp, can play both the 1v1 and undermanned lane, and isn't all that gold dependent either.

Leezard

Grimløck;180700776 said:
flash wolves getting kabum'd

Yeah, this might ensure that CLG/KOO are getting out of groups. It's not a done deal so far, but a single win difference is so big here.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Brazil helping out their NA buds, god bless. Now CLG can get their shit together and hopefully not suck massive dick next week.

Stiler

So glad to see C9 make it this far.

was really hoping CLG would pull a turn around but they didn't :(.

That Darius Penta from balls was awesome.

3VV1jcD.jpg

Even though rito screwed up the balance with a few champs getting banned all the time, the pick variety are great.

Elfstruck

Hai is just the most amazing shotcaller. The best NA player ever by far. Hell, might be a top shotcaller worldwide period

People say Yellowstar is better than Hai as a shotcaller, but today showed that Hai is a fking mastermind and very unpredictable.

People say Yellowstar is better than Hai as a shotcaller, but today showed that Hai is a fking mastermind and very unpredictable.

Yellowstar is definitely held back with the mixed language barrier. There were many times when Huni wasn't on the same page for the ult combo.

I think mixed language is still a problem with every Korean import team, and it shows as all of the #1 teams are using the same language within the team.

janoDX

If CLG banned Ashe they might had a chance against KOO, even win it straight up, lots of CLG's fails on that game were because of Ashe arrows, but "Yeah Pray's Ashe is not the problem" mentality killed the game.

I hope they learned the lesson and just take out Ashe from them. FW did it and KOO was defeated with calm.

sleepykyo

Eh, Fnatic has done consistently well. But C9 was pretty weak toward the end of Hai's run as midlaner. Then again Yellowstar has better teammates to work with.

Though Hai's return makes me wonder how much of TSM and Alliance's troubles. Froggen got his team built around him and did poorly outside of one split. Got a new team and did even worse. His leadership seems to be lose slowly. If Santorin was supposed to replace Bjerg as shotcaller it doesn't seem like it and as the split progressed Santorin lost the ability to decide what to do as jungler. Lustboy communication's skills got worse. And Dyrus went from being stuck on an island to would rather be on an island. It isn't like Hai was leading a different C9 roster, but he is getting more out of them than Meteos did.

Elfstruck

Eh, Fnatic has done consistently well. But C9 was pretty weak toward the end of Hai's run as midlaner. Then again Yellowstar has better teammates to work with. .

How could he shotcall when his team didnt believe in him? No matter how good your shotcall is, it will always fail when your teammates dont believe in you.

If CLG banned Ashe they might had a chance against KOO, even win it straight up, lots of CLG's fails on that game were because of Ashe arrows, but "Yeah Pray's Ashe is not the problem" mentality killed the game.

I hope they learned the lesson and just take out Ashe from them. FW did it and KOO was defeated with calm.

No, Ashe isn't the problem.
You just take sivr, or take up cleanse, go into QSS. Even then, the arrows weren't making huge picks. CLG was already done even before arrows started being effective.

The problem is picking Blitzcrank, Olaf, and Pobelter not picking Viktor.
Olaf would just get destroyed by Kennen in lane, Blitzcrank is hit and miss with no other uses than grapple, and Pobelter doesn't seem to have a handle on Azir. He fumbled so many skills that any Azir pro can pull off.

And, instead of picking Blitzcrank, which I assume is what they thought was a Kennen counterpick, Morgana can easily counter Kennen with Dark Binding, and has a ton more utility. Even Annie stun could be more useful and doesn't require a skill shot to hit Kennen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Olaf is actually an effective tower pusher when you play the game properly and split one side. CLG must not be real Americans though because they did not hard push one side of the map with this advantage.

No, Ashe isn't the problem.
You just take sivr, or take up cleanse, go into QSS. Even then, the arrows weren't making huge picks. CLG was already done even before arrows started being effective.

The problem is picking Blitzcrank, Olaf, and Pobelter not picking Viktor.
Olaf would just get destroyed by Kennen in lane, Blitzcrank is hit and miss with no other uses than grapple, and Pobelter doesn't seem to have a handle on Azir. He fumbled so many skills that any Azir pro can pull off.

And, instead of picking Blitzcrank, which I assume is what they thought was a Kennen counterpick, Morgana can easily counter Kennen with Dark Binding, and has a ton more utility. Even Annie stun could be more useful and doesn't require a skill shot to hit Kennen.

Yup, it was a bizarre draft from CLG. A Blitzcrank when their team comp depends on Kennen getting to your team? He wants to get pulled. Any other support would have been better.

Yup, it was a bizarre draft from CLG. A Blitzcrank when their team comp depends on Kennen getting to your team? He wants to get pulled. Any other support would have been better.

I think Janna or Braum would have made a lot of sense that game, or take away the Morgana before they pick it because she works well against Kennen support anyways let alone Kennen top.

Olaf is actually an effective tower pusher when you play the game properly and split one side. CLG must not be real Americans though because they did not hard push one side of the map with this advantage.

Honestly, I caught that game later in the day on a rebroadcast expecting something completely different from the way people were talking about it. Everyone makes it sound like they were playing well and just lost because of bad picks and bans.

That was one of the worst games of Worlds so far. They looked like shit across the board, and got outplayed anywhere and everywhere a chance for an outplay existed. They were strategically, tactically, and mechanically trounced from start to finish, and I doubt any degree of better picking or banning would have done much to change that.

I don't think CLG's necessarily on a backslide, they just kept doubling down on losing bets that game and went bankrupt in a hurry. To some extent it did show an inability to handle falling behind early, particularly on the part of Aphromoo and Zion (who kept trying to make big plays to stop the bleeding, and just kept making it worse), but other than that it's hard to identify real, long-term mistakes or offer meaningful advice beyond "play better, don't tilt so hard".

garath

I think the criticism came in that their comp made it very difficult to come back from behind. Their big plays might have been better with a better team composition. A Janna over blitz for example might have prevented a few deaths early and they might not have fallen behind quite as much.

They had a few near misses early that snowballed out of control. They were on tilt from it and couldn't play back at all. Hopefully they got it out of their system now and they still have a successful tourny.

Top Bottom