• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Blitz pick is very very questionable...

Wrong. Horrible vision control and map rotations. Bad pulls. A big reason these lanes fell behind was because of how Aphromoo played this game.

Which has nothing to do with him choosing Blitz. Pobelter played incredibly poorly, as did Aphro, but that would have been the same regardless of support.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dimb is right, Aphro constantly showed up too late to help mid at all and can't safely ward at all. Alistar would've been 100 times better.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Which has nothing to do with him choosing Blitz. Pobelter played incredibly poorly, as did Aphro, but that would have been the same regardless of support.
Blitz is unsafe to roam on the map because you have a double sightstone + Ashe vision comp. Ashe can zone grabs or engage before being in grab range, and the other targets of Kennen, Morgana, Rek'sai, and Viktor, all don't mind being brought in after level six when any real fighting starts.

This is why there were times when you saw the 2v4 top where Aphro is just wasting time and unable to hold the turret anyways, and he doesn't know where to roam aftewards. There are low defensive options on Blitz that make his 2v4 even weaker than other support champs, and they weren't able to leverage Elise early game power.

If CLG don't want to take the tournament seriously just because they got two wins early on it shows who they really are.

Pancakes

Heimer support literally would've been more useful than that Blitz idk what CLG was thinking. You literally can do nothing on Blitz when you fall behind like this, pulling anyone will just end poorly. Not banning Ashe was also very strange.

The casters doubted whether Ashe ult alone would be enough for KOO to get the engages off to stop CLG's sieges, but they didn't account for PraY's supreme accuracy (and to be fair, Hojin had a great game, and Pobelter made it easy). Group A should have CLG, KOO and FW all at 2-1 going in to the second round of games, perfectly set up for drama.

garath

Bah. Clg :( if they would have taken that. Clean sweep for NA today. Oh well. Not a bad showing. Clg should still get out of groups ok

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are you sure it's them not taking this seriously and not just real bad pick bans?
"Haha, man, we are rolling over this tournament. Time to pull out my patented Blitzrank."

If you make bad picks and bans you are not taking the game seriously to me. Blitz got picked into a bunch of champions that counter him, with the support role still potentially open, and then he got counter picked even further. Blitz doesn't even fit the rest of the peel/push comp CLG had going.

Type2

There have been so many bad pick ban phases in this group stage. I'm fine with CLG getting crushed now though. I want to see if all this positive team attitude stuff can keep them off tilt at worlds. They haven't even shown a clean game in their first two wins yet they go for this cocky comp against their top competition.

There have been so many bad pick ban phases in this group stage. I'm fine with CLG getting crushed now though. I want to see if all this positive team attitude stuff can keep them off tilt at worlds. They haven't even shown a clean game in their first two wins yet they go for this cocky comp against their top competition.

#FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE
#FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FAITHAGE #FREESM #FAITHAGE

I just realised that the second half of the group stage will see each group finish on its own, separate day, with the teams playing (at least) three matches in one session. I don't know if this was common knowledge or not, but I'd assumed they'd be continuing with the rotating days off for each group till the end. Will definitely be more intense like this.

HORRORSHØW

I just realised that the second half of the group stage will see each group finish on its own, separate day, with the teams playing (at least) three matches in one session. I don't know if this was common knowledge or not, but I'd assumed they'd be continuing with the rotating days off for each group till the end. Will definitely be more intense like this.
did not know that. interesting indeed. second half of groups is going to be bonkers regardless. tsm and fnc have the same record after the first half. imagine if tsm makes it out and fnc doesn't.

zkylon

zkylewd

that's really cool

Leezard

Next week will be intense indeed. It will be so important for the teams to avoid tilting since they are playing three games during the same day.

Top Bottom