• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked studio plans for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash 2. Micheal Myers not a good fit

I hadn't seen FvJ since it was released but watched it again on Netflix a few weeks ago and I didn't hate it. There are some very dated bits and some things suck but it was entertaining enough. Shame there was never a sequel.

Is it wrong that I want to see them battling the Predator or a Xenomorph? I think that would make for some interesting entertainemnt,.
Predators coming to Camp Crystal Lake during the wrong summer. Or they kidnap Jason and drop him on a planet alone, and see how many Predators he can kill.

Busty

Banned
LOL "Harry Knowles reaction"

If you're building your film's skeleton off the back of what fuckin HARRY KNOWLES thinks you're fucked from jump.

God the Wild West days really did a number on those old men.

I still remember hearing stories about how the X-Files producers would regularly contact the 'prolific members' of the biggest X-Filesfan forum to run story ideas past them and see what they liked.

Madness.

I wonder if Jamie Lee Curtis would be down for one more go?

She accepted the role in part 8 to be killed off. So who knows. For an event like her... brother fighting an undead hockeymasking killer, you could hope at least. Tommy Jarvis and Laurie Strode teaming up.

Absolutely disgusting.

Jason dont run.

Nah, that remake was great.

For a remake based on a shitty, trashy series of horror movies (that I love).

At least when compared to its contemporaries in the “horror remake” department (besides maybe the Evil Dead remake, which wasn’t bad).

Slayven

Nope. Reason she did Resurrection was so she could die and never return.
That was almost 20 years ago. .....damn
I still remember hearing stories about how the X-Files producers would regularly contact the 'prolific members' of the biggest X-Filesfan forum to run story ideas past them and see what they liked.

Madness.

Never let inmates run the asylum

Levito

Banned
I dunno, didn't he move around pretty quickly in II?

Jason can run if he wants.

I think he ran in part 2 and part 3. The 'no running' thing didn't start till part 6 when he came back to life like Frankenstein.

Supernatural != superhuman.

He's plausibly human in the original movie, but you're meant to be left wondering. Once Halloween 2 rolls around there's no room for doubt any more, but that was the intent of the original ending.

Was he more than just a man?

But the most obvious element in the first movie that seems to indicate he is more than human is his ability to drive a car perfectly, having never been taught, and the film takes care to point this out.

The original movie nails what the character should've been. It's all up in the air, all we really know is he was evil.

I simply meant for a "Freddy vs Jason" environment, the sequel iteration of Michael would fit right in.

border

I guess it's kind of fun to laugh off Harry Knowles now, but he wielded huge influence 20 years ago, and more importantly he was always really impressed with even mediocre genre films. The dude turned several indie horror movies into big sensations, so it makes sense that studio executives would want to butter him up.

He was pretty much the easily-bought YouTube influencer of his era, when you think about it.

Harry Knowles : Blair Witch Project :: PewDiePie : Five Nights at Freddy's

strafer

Nah, that remake was great.

For a remake based on a shitty, trashy series of horror movies (that I love).

At least when compared to its contemporaries in the “horror remake” department (besides maybe the Evil Dead remake, which wasn’t bad).

Really? You liked the remake huh, I thought it was an absolute mess.

Guy playing Jason was great though.

I had high hopes for it since I really liked the Texas Saw remake.

Niespel and Daniel Pearl re-teaming and that was the result. Disappointing.

A lot of it worked (like Jason) but using character archetypes of the 80s (girl with being boobs, rich asshole jock etc) wasn't needed for a "gritty" reboot. Friday the 13th doesn't need to keep that baggage. Especially not, after TCM2003 had such a great gallery of "real" characters

They should have just made a soft reboot set in Crystal Lake during winter.

Rookhelm

I liked the remake enough...as generic as it was, I liked the portrayal of Jason. i could definitely go with a sequel in that universe

Harry Knowles : Blair Witch Project :: PewDiePie : Five Nights at Freddy's

I think that's an overinflation of Knowles' power during the wild west days. Blair Witch was a phenomenon for reasons that had not much to do with Aint It Cool.

The notion of him being "the original influencer" I agree with, but I'm not feeling like crediting Blair Witch blowing up to his bullshit. He didn't do that much.

Studios absolutely swooped in and paid that man off with the quickness, though.

strafer

Niespel and Daniel Pearl re-teaming and that was the result. Disappointing.

A lot of it worked (like Jason) but using character archetypes of the 80s (girl with being boobs, rich asshole jock etc) wasn't needed for a "gritty" reboot. Friday the 13th doesn't need to keep that baggage. Especially not, after TCM2003 had such a great gallery of "real" characters

They should have just made a soft reboot set in Crystal Lake during winter.

Look, I'm all for some nudity in my horror movies but this was just too much, almost to the point of me walking out.

I was also suprised to see Sam from Supernatural.

Slayven

I think that's an overinflation of Knowles' power during the wild west days. Blair Witch was a phenomenon for reasons that had not much to do with Aint It Cool.

The notion of him being "the original influencer" I agree with, but I'm not feeling like crediting Blair Witch blowing up to his bullshit. He didn't do that much.

Studios absolutely swooped in and paid that man off with the quickness, though.

I feel like Blair Witch and the sequel has a powerful lesson to learn, I just can't figure out what. And they forgot that lesson with the "Remake" last year

yuoke

Banned

It was "the best of the three" of F13, NMoLS, and halloween. F13 was never great to me anyway though.

I feel like Blair Witch and the sequel has a powerful lesson to learn, I just can't figure out what. And they forgot that lesson with the "Remake" last year

What baffled me with the second Blair Witch movie was that they hire Joe Berlinger to direct, known for making some pretty damn good documentaries, and he doesn't even do it in mocumentary/found footage style. Like, wut?

I like it in the context of what it is.

It’s not high art. It’s not even a good movie. But as a trashy slasher reboot, it was great.

Jason was imposing and brutal. The teens were ignorant and horny. The hero girl was virginal and tough. That’s pretty much every Friday movie in a nutshell.

My only real disappointments were that the kills weren’t all that imaginative (other than the blonde dick getting impaled on the back of the truck that then drives away with his corpse dangling on it), and the whole plot about the hero girl being locked away because she looked like Jason’s mother seemed unnecessary and caused the movie to drag.

Talk about a time machine. Just went to aintitcoolnews for the first time in I dont know how long. How has he not updated that website design?

and that is why comics is dying and it's corpse being mined for tv and movies

Medium is more healthy and diverse than its been in years. Marvel and DC are withering because of bad management, and creative issues.

Something like Saga, or The Walking Dead could never have come from the big (but shrinking) 2.

Think about that and while you're at it, try reading a better class of comic, instead of clinging hopefully to Pajama Police.

Slayven

Medium is more healthy and diverse than its been in years. Marvel and DC are withering because of bad management, and creative issues.

Something like Saga, or The Walking Dead could never have come from the big (but shrinking) 2.

Think about that and while you're at it, try reading a better class of comic, instead of clinging hopefully to Pajama Police.

Jokes, how do they work?

Airola

I rented a VHS with two episodes of Freddy's Nigtmares (with the pilot and the episode with the female runner on it) when I was little, and thought it was the weirdest Nightmare on Elm Street-movie ever. My friends wouldn't believe me when I told them about it.

giphy.gif

The covers for these tapes were my first introduction to Freddy Krueger. I used to go to a rental store and just look at these covers and thinking what kinds of horrors there might be.

I only saw the actual episodes after I had seen all of the movies. Seeing parts 3 and 1 the first I wonder how I might've felt about the character had I seen the Freddy's Nightmare series before any of the movies. They certainly were more like Elm Street 4-6 than 1-3 in the way Freddy was there mostly just as a comedian.

But damn those covers were haunting when I was a kid.

Oh, just remembered I actually thought they were about some Freddy having some nightmares where he looks burned, lol :D

adj_noun

Didn't they end up turning the script for this into a comic book?

Yeah.

Then they did the sequel comic which was pure, distilled fan service. <3 Got just about every survivor they could from all the Nightmare and Friday movies together in one story.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I used to work for Hary Knowles and SPOILER WARNING!

He is an idiot.

That is all I have to say about that.

Top Bottom