• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
Have they said how many survivals there will be? I keep remembering they have 6? Scavenge areas or so.

Going off L4D1, I would guess between 15-20 survival maps. There were 3 or 4 survival maps for each campaign in L4D1, plus 1 bonus and 2 from CC.

I missed out on getting the 4-pack with sk3tch, anyone else got a space open?

Edit: All set! Now I can sport a brand new hat in TF2! ...Oh, and play some other zombie game or something. New hat!

Red Scarlet

So my left click started dying a couple weeks ago, but I put up with it until a bit ago. Swapped a new, old style mouse, and that moved like ass. So I swap back the old mouse and now its about 20x worse, taking 9+ left clicks to go sometimes..I don't see a screw anywhere to try to fix it, either. lamelamelamelamelame

Nabs

my right click died like that a few months ago. i mapped that to my mouse 5 (the second side button on my logitech). =\

Red Scarlet

Caesar III said:
use another button for leftclick instead? ;)

Not possible for what it's set to. I cleaned out like..half a mm a gunk along the side and it's clicking now, for now..omg that would really piss me off.

My mouse has..3 buttons I guess, so no other options, really it's the scroll wheel and 2 'plates' or something as left/right.

MNC

ThaiGrocer said:
How about "thread of mischievous pistachios and chocolate helicopters"?
If you look closely at the chocolate bar that Coach eats in the trailer, there are little helicopters on it.
OH MY GOD
This makes Nick's comment about helicopter made of chocolate much better :lol

Red Scarlet

You used to be able to jump onto the roof of the safehouse on Parish 1 and across the other houses, but I can't get the roof grab to work.

Kintaco

Kulock said:
I missed out on getting the 4-pack with sk3tch, anyone else got a space open?
I too would like to get in on a 4 pack, unfortunately my paypal and bank account can't support a 4 pack purchase, but I can definitely do a $33.75 gift payment if someone wants to start it up.

Brainboy

grif1020 said:
Going off L4D1, I would guess between 15-20 survival maps. There were 3 or 4 survival maps for each campaign in L4D1, plus 1 bonus and 2 from CC.

If I remember correctly, Chet mentioned at the Eurogamer expo that they are going for a different strategy with Survival this time. So they are going to pick the best maps suitable for Survival from all the ones available. I think he said there would be around 10 or so maps in total.

EDIT: Yep, that is indeed what he said: "For Survival in L4D2, they picked around 10 of the very best locations they could, and modified them a bit."

Did anyone notice that you can no longer see your legs like in L4D1? L4D1 has legs. I want legs!

The Boomer's wife is my new favorite infected character now.
29qb0om.jpg

Ookami-kun said:
Can you no clip through the last safehouse to see the rest of Parish?
Yes you can noclip, but there is nothing after that. It's not like the No Mercy campaign where they just modified the map to put safehouse somewhere closer to the middle.

Chinner

Banned
ThaiGrocer said:
Did anyone notice that you can no longer see your legs like in L4D1? L4D1 has legs. I want legs!
i know bro it sucks : (. l4d1 on x360 had no legs seeing abillitys so l4d2 on pc was gimped to keep it more in line with the console port.

syllogism

They changed the scoring system a bit

Infected get 10 points each time they incapacitate a survivor.
The Health bonus component is reduced and the Distance bonus is increased.
The Infected and Survivor sides are notified at 25% intervals of the distance the Survivors have travelled.
So do infected points count towards your survivor score

e: oxm gave it 9.5

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
no, seriously guys. I can't get over how amazing the soundtrack is.

1-D_FTW

Survival bonus in the form of escalating bonuses? I could get on board with that. Not a big fan of how latter maps are worth more. Especially with how inconsistent the director can be from map to map.

syllogism

Blue Geezer said:
bit confused by the op. the op claims it will be unlocked the 16th but valve's timer says 4pm on the 17th (uk time)
Doesn't it say 3 days 15hours? Are you doing the math right? It's midnight EST, meaning 16th for most of US. The retail release date is likely 17th though.

Anyone else think the female boomer doesn't really fit in with the other special infected?

She looks rather goofy and sloppily made.

Xdrive05

Herbspicesoy said:
Anyone else think the female boomer doesn't really fit in with the other special infected?

She looks rather goofy and sloppily made.

I don't really understand what the point is tbh. None of the other specials have a female version. And yes, she seems rather poorly designed and uninteresting to look at as another skin for the boomer.

Would have been better for them to actually design another special instead of adding another boomer skin and sound file. It's a novelty at best.

syllogism

Because making a new skin and few sound files is entirely comparable to making and balancing a completely new infected. Of course it's a novelty at best, how could an alternative skin ever be anything else? For all we know she could be a rather rare variation that only spawns on certain campaigns/maps. That picture above is probably from the 360 version considering how much more detailed the official male boomer picture looks

Xdrive05

syllogism said:
Because making a new skin and few sound files is entirely comparable to making and balancing a completely new infected.

Then why make a 2nd skin? Or why not make a 2nd skin for each SI if you do it for one?

syllogism said:
Of course it's a novelty at best, how could an alternative skin ever be anything else? For all we know she could be a rather rare variation that only spawns on certain campaigns/maps.

Then what is the point of including it again?

syllogism said:
That picture above is probably from the 360 version considering how much more detailed the official male boomer picture looks

Resolution and mouse icon clearly shows otherwise. The 2nd boomer skin just sucks and looks like it was modeled by a highschooler as an afterthought. The overall design would be more cohesive without the female boomer as the retard outlier.

Red Scarlet

If anything it makes it so you have to get used to 2 sounds for the Boomer approaching, instead of the usual blurps and stuff.

Concept17

All the special infected have had model updates, have they not? I know the smoker and boomer have. Haven't really taken a close look at hunters...

Also, the Charger sounds, especially when in the distance, are amazing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Concept17 said:
All the special infected have had model updates, have they not? I know the smoker and boomer have. Haven't really taken a close look at hunters...
The Hunter's clothes are more torn up in the sequel.

Red Scarlet

Hunter looks more ragged and his sleeves are torn. There were other models you could get, like the Santa Boomer, Gabe Boomer, then the stuff like survivor models (Bill Hunter, Zoey Witch).

Twig

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
If anything it makes it so you have to get used to 2 sounds for the Boomer approaching, instead of the usual blurps and stuff.
Yeah I kind of like this.

I kind of want Valve to go even further with this concept but I wonder if they would. They seem to love immediate recognizability in things (e.g., the TF2 silhouettes).

Top Bottom