• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Sophia

I do agree about aiming for an acohrs bussing scum today is not the way to play it.

Keep it simple. Scum acohrs was on the chopping board on Day 1, scum would try their best to ensure he lives. Scum is on the CCS wagon.

Hmm... Melon, Stanley, bronx-man, and Ynnek then, huh?

Sophia

Just lynch me, Cabot.

Beyond done with this.

You know, this is kind of why I hate playing with GAFia sometimes. Town players have done this SO MUCH that it is actually a valid tactic for scum. The meta for GAFia actually allows for scum to use this as a source of WIFOM.

Think about how absurd that is, melon.

If you're town, you have no reason to give up now.

If you're town with a power role, you definitely have no reason to give up now.

If you're town, and you're going down on the chopping block, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by arguing with the other players.

And if you're scum, you're doing a rather underhand (if again, sadly valid) tactic to try and confuse us.

Given as I really don't think you'd give up if you were a town power role, that leaves only two options.

So are you the vanilla townie that gave up... or are you scum?

Thats it ?
Did you ever play a game with stan ?

I dont know yennek but you are giving me the same vibes you did last game we played together.

Laying low and not even trying to bother anyone.

Vote:Ynnek7

nah hes got a point, today iv been shitting it up even more than usual.

the combination of both my biggest reads so far being flat out wrong (both of which i was pretty darn sure about), and new job taking more time than expected, has me really flying without a rudder (not the correct metaphor but im sleepy and you get my point).

that said im never gonna stop making jokes, i actually like to enjoy my time playing mafia.

Question for the room:

How do you define what constitutes frustrated town vs scum

Obviously the natural reaction to scum under pressure if to defend themselves and not do much else. Tell everyone the reasons why your lynch is terrible vs trying to sell your own targets.

However, more skilled players would know to avoid that as scum, but they still have a job to do in the game thread. Negative outlooks, bringing the morale of the group down to make then genuinely believe they are done for, and we're just turning the cogs until the win condition is met.

Where does the line blend between the two definitions?

for me the line is drawn differently on a player by player basis, i can only guess at it my comparing the tone of later posts to ones made well before the frustration would have started to set in, and try to figure if their change in attitude makes sense given how they were playing, and what they are dealing with now.

so basically the line is blurry as shit and were all playing armchair psychologist.

Sophia

For being just over 24 hours after so many people justified an information lynch on CCS, this game is awfully quiet.

Assuming the trend of two kills keeps up, we'll be down to 10 players in the next day phase.

I'm town reading Splinter and cabot now for a few reasons:
  • They have been fairly active at the conversation for much of Day 3.
  • Both were on the acohrs lynch fairly early and neither are present on the Day 1 CCS lynch
I'm null on Melonrabbit and Ty4on:
  • Ty4on has been fairly active in the conversation, but has felt a bit wishy-washy to me.
  • Ty4on jumped on the Acohrs near the end, and was on me before that. Bus attempt?
  • Melon has been shitposting a lot, especially early on, and her notes weren't particularly useful.
  • However she was first on the CCS lynch, and has explained her reason for so.
  • Her request to cabot to just lynch her already is a risky (but not impossible) move for town to make.
I have a poor opinion of Nin and Stanley:
  • Neither are playing as I remember them when they were town in the past.
  • Nin's little trolling shtick from Day 2 doesn't sit well with me.
  • Stanley was on the CCS vote each day.
  • Nin jumped on the Acohrs vote fairly late. Don't think this was a bus attempt
  • Nin voted for Ynnek in response to Ynnek voting for Stanley.
Ever so slight town read on Ynnek:
  • Was on the CCS vote both days; justification for Day 2 was to look more closely at the votes, which he did eventually do.
  • However he did jump on the CCS Day 1 vote prett late.
  • Is now voting for Stanley; was responded to by Nin.
  • Seems to have the same opinion as I do on Stanley, give or take.
I don't know what to think of AB, Kyan, or Bronx,Terra or Magnum
  • Kyan jumped on the Acohrs vote late, with the justification for increasing the lead. Could have been a bus attempt, perhaps? Not certain.
  • Kyan was on Stanley in Day 2 with an attempt at "final hour chaos"
  • Bronx was on the CCS lynch day 1, and weakly justified his reasons due to acohrs's meta style. Doesn't fit well with me.
  • Bronx was on the D2 CCS lynch, but jumped off to vote for Nin and left his vote there. I suspect they're probably not scummates if one of them turns out to be scum.
  • AB was on the CCS lynch on DAy 1, but jumped off literally seconds after the day ended. Don't know what to make of that.
  • AB was on melonrabbit for Day 2. Don't know what to think of this. His reasons was because he believed melon was tunneling cabot I think?
  • Terra replaced Pop, who was basically missing D1. No info there.
  • Terra voted for CCS on Day 2. Not much of a reason for it, other then it apparently being a "distraction"
  • Magnum was on AB during day 1, and had no vote on Day 2. Not much information to go off of. I need to re-read over his posts closely now.

So, that's where I'm at right now as far as my current thoughts.

• AB was on the CCS lynch on DAy 1, but jumped off literally seconds after the day ended. Don't know what to make of that.
  • AB was on melonrabbit for Day 2. Don't know what to think of this. His reasons was because he believed melon was tunneling cabot I think?

*1:
I voted late, and by pure chance voted during Acohrs's vote. I even explained in my vote why I picked CCS over Acohrs, even though I wasn't sure either was scum. My vote and unvote (when I realized my vote caused a mess), were two GAF minutes apart, and given GAF's minute post timer I unvoted as fast as I could.

And before you ask, I unvoted because "Unvote" is faster to type the "Vote: Acohrs" when I was up against the time limit.

*2:
It's scattered around in bits and pieces, but I did not like the early survey that went nowhere. I realize that wounds like NoFunAllowed.jpg, but it creates a way for scum to post without saying anything. I also did not like her tunnel on cabot, who I think is town. It is certainly possible for town to tunnel town, but I honestly cannot even understand her reasoning (what has been posted, anyway). And yes, some of it is just gut-read, but the "just lynch me already" when we're down 5 town in 2 nights is a dangerous ploy at best, scum diversion at worst; making yourself sound like a town that just doesn't care so that votes get moved away from you. Melon was a top 3 vote candidate yesterday; usually that would be something to watch for scum votes on, but basically nothing came of it. I would think scum would want to avoid voting on CCS D1 AND D2 just to avoid what little suspicion would come from his inevitable town-flip. Skimming D2, I don't think melon ever moved out of third place in the votes.

My bad. This should be "for scum to make"
Which makes me disagree with this. It's a pretty strong move for scum to make because there was never any real momentum on her. Every player has been a frustrated town at some point; been so sure or even known 100% that they're right, but town just won't listen. It's easy to sympathize and read the town in it.

Kyanrute

mmkay so scummies cant use my own laziness against me / if scum have nothing to use against me, i'd like to see splints/melon/stan killed, might be even in that order

Sophia

Which makes me disagree with this. It's a pretty strong move for scum to make because there was never any real momentum on her. Every player has been a frustrated town at some point; been so sure or even known 100% that they're right, but town just won't listen. It's easy to sympathize and read the town in it.

Strong isn't the same as risky. And it's why I have her as a null read right now. It is an emotional play, and potentially a powerful one if we chose to give her a pass. But it's also risky if we vote her off today.

Ty4on

I'm town reading Splinter and cabot now for a few reasons:
  • Both were on the acohrs lynch fairly early and neither are present on the Day 1 CCS lynch Splinter was quite late and hadn't scum read acohrs earlier

I have a poor opinion of Nin and Stanley:
  • Neither are playing as I remember them when they were town in the past. What is different?
  • Nin's little trolling shtick from Day 2 doesn't sit well with me. Where and why?
  • Stanley was on the CCS vote each day. And? Is this the sole reason you scum read him?
  • Nin jumped on the Acohrs vote fairly late. Don't think this was a bus attempt Why do you scum read him if you don't think it was a bus?
  • Nin voted for Ynnek in response to Ynnek voting for Stanley.
Ever so slight town read on Ynnek:
  • Was on the CCS vote both days; justification for Day 2 was to look more closely at the votes, which he did eventually do. So basically the same thing Stanley did...
  • However he did jump on the CCS Day 1 vote prett late. This feels like an observation wrapped in shade.
  • Is now voting for Stanley; was responded to by Nin.
  • Seems to have the same opinion as I do on Stanley, give or take.
I don't know what to think of AB, Kyan, or Bronx,Terra or Magnum
  • Kyan jumped on the Acohrs vote late, with the justification for increasing the lead. Could have been a bus attempt, perhaps? Not certain. He certainly made his post visible
  • Bronx was on the D2 CCS lynch, but jumped off to vote for Nin and left his vote there. I suspect they're probably not scummates if one of them turns out to be scum. What about Bronx and Stanley?
  • AB was on the CCS lynch on DAy 1, but jumped off literally seconds after the day ended. Don't know what to make of that. Can you picture scum!AB inviting there?

So, that's where I'm at right now as far as my current thoughts.
My comments/questions in bold.

Sophia

Well I'm glad SOMEONE finally responded. Good gods, where are the rest of you all?

My comments/questions in bold.

Stanley just feels off. In past games, I remember him being distant, but when he chimed in his opinions were usually good. I haven't felt that this game. As for his votes, I pointed out earlier that they have pretty lousy justifications. Here's where I examine his day 1 vote. And here's where I examine his day 2 vote.

Nin's little trolling shtick starts about here. There's a handful of really weird, antagonizing, nonsensical, and not helpful posts from him. Like here. And here. Here too. Here as well. Even by Nin's standards, these are fairly unusual for him, and I haven't feel good about him since then although he's gone back to contributing... somewhat.

As for Nin's vote on Acohrs, I had a reason for why I didn't think it was a bus attempt... but I've forgotten it now. I'll get back to you on that.

Reading it over again, I'm a bit more null on my Ynnek read, especially after looking it over again. In regards to "So basically the same thing Stanley did..." what do you mean by this? Ynnek's vote on CCS was so he could look more closely at the Day 1 votes. He did just that right here.

Also, what about Bronx and Stanley?

Ty4on

Bronx sort of feels like the obvious lynch target today. He was on CCS D1, responded poorly to pressure about town reading CCS early D2 and was attacked early game by the late Sorian. Not necessarily arguing he killed him, knowing Sorian (and Kawl) were town we have confirmed townies scum reading him.

I have to do it tomorrow (that might take a while if my body decides to catch up some sleep >.>), but D1 should probably be read again after all the flips.

Sophia

From the post it looked like you scum read Stan mainly for voting CCS both days.

I do feel him giving a pass to acohrs in day 1 is worrisome, especially in light of the fact that we know now that acohrs was the first scum on himself. Meaning they didn't expect him to get lynched (at first)

Speaking of that, was there anyone else that I might have missed that gave a similar pass to acohrs?

Ty4on

Stanley I'm just uncertain of. In the past those players that just feel off, but nothing really sticks out as scummy have been often been scum though.

He is also hard to read with the low activity. Low activity also means lower engagement which is so easy to falsely scum read. Any examples where it feels forced or just in general out of the ordinary for him

Ty4on

I do feel him giving a pass to acohrs in day 1 is worrisome, especially in light of the fact that we know now that acohrs was the first scum on himself. Meaning they didn't expect him to get lynched (at first)

Speaking of that, was there anyone else that I might have missed that gave a similar pass to acohrs?
That's another thing I think is important with reading D1 again.

Sorian, Natiko, Franconp, CzarTim were all quite suspicious of acohrs and all town. It's weird that scum weren't more ahead of things (voting acohrs) when he was in such a tough spot. I read acohrs' late tie as a desperate vote, as if they still tried to save him.

Ynnek7

Yennek !! where the hell are you !

Apologies, as I've said before Tuesdays and Wednesdays are pretty busy for me.

Thats it ?
Did you ever play a game with stan ?

I wish I knew how to avatar quote, I'd post Stanley's avatar and say something like "of course, how could I forget a monstrous tomato face like his."

I dont know yennek but you are giving me the same vibes you did last game we played together.

Laying low and not even trying to bother anyone.

Vote:Ynnek7

You mean Overwatch, where I was town? And how is voting and making a case on someone "not trying to bother anyone"? Wondering why you're bringing this up only now. I'm still feeling that there's something going on with Stanley, but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with the neutral theory and you're trying to protect him through throwing shade at me.

cabot

Why have multiple people gone silent?

We don't have the luxury of putting faith on inactives due to the fact we have two killers. You're actively sabotaging our game by not contributing.

Bronx, Terra, Magnum. We need more.

Magnum just comes in, does some light vote anaylsis and sticks a vote down then disappears again, Terra posts a few sentences which I glean very little from. Bronx has been oddly quieter today than the rest of the game.

melon has said nothing since that post. Scum reading that right now.

cabot

Can you tell me in 3 sentences why you believe that Melon is scum ?
since she is now doing the exact thing you mentioned here.

I didn't feel I needed to answer this but out of the interest in trying to kickstart discussions

Her vote record is CCS both times, confirmed town. I believe scum would want the easy information lynch on D2 just to get some Town numbers on the board. The second kill have seriously helped them recover from a bad start.

She's consistently scum-read me, but fails to follow through with actually trying to lynch me (or give a reason). When I press, she says it's just gut and not enough to go for me. Feels like she knows she's lying and can't think of adequate evidence to back herself up.

I still feel her read of acohrs on Day 1 is significant. It just feels to me like a scum teammate throwing shade on another, but is too worried to read them as scum in case the wagon develops.

Acohrs – it has been already pointed out that this one has been all over the place. Very little content and not really engaging with anyone, despite multiple attempts from various people. Claiming ignorance and downplaying experience, despite winning their previous game as scum, and earning lots of kudos. D1 isn’t that different from other days, so the defense rings a little hollow to me. My vote would for Acohrs however I not convinced Acohrs is scum, I starting that Acohrs wants people voting for him and possibly a neutral. Because as town, I want Acohrs to cut it out and get serious, if I was scum, I want Acohrs to cut it out and stop drawing so much attention D1. Neutral.

All that said,

VOTE: CCS

Give me some thoughts.

Her vote here bothers me also, it turns out to be her final vote, however it seems like it's a prod vote judging by this post.

cabot

SCUM

CCS – is someone else whose behavior has been off. Has said a lot but nothing of substance or value, seems very detached from the thread at large other than a jab as someone here or there. There also seems like a lot of subtle shade being thrown at Acohrs. Lean Scum.

Nin1000 – Nin feels off to me. His questions for everyone seemed strange, he didn’t want for any response and has been very floaty and without much opinion of his own, instead usually piggybacking off other player’s reads. Lean Scum.

Natiko – I’m not hugely familiar with Natiko’s style but I remember him being more curious and asking questions. He has been as very meek presence. Slight Scum.

Cabot – Not feeling the good doctor. Can’t put it into coherent words yet, so purely gut something is wrong here. Slight Scum.

Can you clarify what the difference between 'lean scum' and 'slight scum' is?

Which one is more scum?

*Splinter

Is it just me or are a lot people not mentioning melon?

This comment especially was a surprise to me:
Bronx sort of feels like the obvious lynch target today.

Melon has the most evidence against her by far. Stan also seems a likely lynch target. But Bronx? He's in the inactive pile, an outside shot at best, and I haven't seen a huge push for his lynch?

I guess he's on the D1 CCS vote, but is there anything else that made you highlight him, Ty?

*Splinter

Bronx sort of feels like the obvious lynch target today. He was on CCS D1, responded poorly to pressure about town reading CCS early D2 and was attacked early game by the late Sorian. Not necessarily arguing he killed him, knowing Sorian (and Kawl) were town we have confirmed townies scum reading him.
Woops it was in the part of the post I deleted. Still don't like this post though, that explanation leans a bit heavily on the opinions of dead townies.

cabot

hey lover, how you doin' baby?

giphy.gif

I'll join you in highlighting worrying Ty posts. This one from yesterday:

I could see it as a panic bus.

Who of the acohrs voters do you think is scum?

As you said, chasing acohrs bussers seems like a useful misdirection for scum to do in this day phase.

cabot

also, it's coming up roses for Ty the more I think about it, and as the great OutKast once said, roses really smell like poo-poopoopoo yeaaaaaah.

Remember this acohrs post?

1. Sorian - his posts just don't sit right with me, presents his view then when challenged goes on offensive usually. Maybe it's a 'weak' vote but it's what my gut says.

2. Magnum/Absolut/Ynnek/Nin - all have posted enough to be active but just trying to keep head down and stay undetected, my guess is one of them is a scum PR that is a x number of shots killer that wants to keep their head down for a day or two so they can use their PR.

Think Natiko is definitely town, his analysis has been very detailed and helpful.

Not sure why Ty4on is being targeted, looks to me like something happened in a previous game and peeps are jumping on that rather than now.

Doesn't this Ty mention seem out of place to you? and rather unnecessary?

I've commented on this before:

Names that jump out to me from this post is Ty, and the 4 in section 2. Ynnek and Magnum are the ones I have no real read on.

I think Natiko was thrown in there as the solid town pick because he's not scum. Gotta throw a few truths in amongst your reads.

Ty, you scum bastard.

nin1000

Banned
You mean Overwatch, where I was town? And how is voting and making a case on someone "not trying to bother anyone"? Wondering why you're bringing this up only now. I'm still feeling that there's something going on with Stanley, but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with the neutral theory and you're trying to protect him through throwing shade at me.

I voted you because I think you want to put down an early vote on stan and the wander off into the abyss. I know you are more of the passive player and that somewhat scares me a little bitty since I can really read you. But at least you responded and are here now.

Moving on.

VOTE:Terrabyte20xx

I know you can do better than that.
Let's dance

cabot

I could see it as a panic bus.

Who of the acohrs voters do you think is scum?

I think scum is calmer and sort of more thoughtful, but perhaps with bad arguments. That's kinda my reaction when I'm pushed as scum, I keep myself calm and rational, but at the same time I know very well they're totally right and I like to stay as honest as possible as scum (I'm a really bad liar).

pleased.gif

nin1000

Banned
Btw I put down a vote in acors because my gut told me to.
Just to let everyone know the obviously.
I did not even know that there was such a thing called bus 🚌.
But to think I was scum AND had the great plan to bus him. I am disappointed in you if you think that way.
You should know better.

Moving on.

cabot

Btw I put down a vote in acors because my gut told me to.
Just to let everyone know the obviously.
I did not even know that there was such a thing called bus 🚌.
But to think I was scum AND had the great plan to bus him. I am disappointed in you if you think that way.
You should know better.

Moving on.

Almost as bad as the chewbacca defense.

nin1000

Banned
What happened to :

`if CCS turns out to town, this will out a better light in nin' and vice versa ?

Will look up the quotes in a second , currently on mobile.

You know, this is kind of why I hate playing with GAFia sometimes. Town players have done this SO MUCH that it is actually a valid tactic for scum. The meta for GAFia actually allows for scum to use this as a source of WIFOM.

Think about how absurd that is, melon.

If you're town, you have no reason to give up now.

If you're town with a power role, you definitely have no reason to give up now.

If you're town, and you're going down on the chopping block, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by arguing with the other players.

And if you're scum, you're doing a rather underhand (if again, sadly valid) tactic to try and confuse us.

Given as I really don't think you'd give up if you were a town power role, that leaves only two options.

So are you the vanilla townie that gave up... or are you scum?

No comment.

Strong isn't the same as risky. And it's why I have her as a null read right now. It is an emotional play, and potentially a powerful one if we chose to give her a pass. But it's also risky if we vote her off today.

I wanted time to reflect on some things.

(Also, some IRL things)

Why have multiple people gone silent?

We don't have the luxury of putting faith on inactives due to the fact we have two killers. You're actively sabotaging our game by not contributing.

Bronx, Terra, Magnum. We need more.

Magnum just comes in, does some light vote anaylsis and sticks a vote down then disappears again, Terra posts a few sentences which I glean very little from. Bronx has been oddly quieter today than the rest of the game.

melon has said nothing since that post. Scum reading that right now.

All true.

They are happy I gave up.

I didn't feel I needed to answer this but out of the interest in trying to kickstart discussions

Her vote record is CCS both times, confirmed town. I believe scum would want the easy information lynch on D2 just to get some Town numbers on the board. The second kill have seriously helped them recover from a bad start.

She's consistently scum-read me, but fails to follow through with actually trying to lynch me (or give a reason). When I press, she says it's just gut and not enough to go for me. Feels like she knows she's lying and can't think of adequate evidence to back herself up.

I still feel her read of acohrs on Day 1 is significant. It just feels to me like a scum teammate throwing shade on another, but is too worried to read them as scum in case the wagon develops.

Her vote here bothers me also, it turns out to be her final vote, however it seems like it's a prod vote judging by this post.

Can you clarify what the difference between 'lean scum' and 'slight scum' is?

Which one is more scum?

You're less scum, if that makes a difference.

Is it just me or are a lot people not mentioning melon?

This comment especially was a surprise to me:

Melon has the most evidence against her by far. Stan also seems a likely lynch target. But Bronx? He's in the inactive pile, an outside shot at best, and I haven't seen a huge push for his lynch?

I guess he's on the D1 CCS vote, but is there anything else that made you highlight him, Ty?

It is a little worrisome.

Also, if I don't post for a while people make a big deal out of it. We have like 5 inactives who all seem to be constantly afforded this luxury. I've been nice enough to answer yours and everyone's criticism of myself fairly regularly. You may not like the answers but at least I'm present.

VOTE: melonrabbit

time to put my mouth where your balls are.

KaF1pDZjnhaU.gif

Top Bottom