• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

ArynCrinn

Banned
There's no more blurriness when you look into the distance....or more than 20 feet.

Well, that's something positive, I guess. Would have preferred a 100-200 foot draw distance. For optional Islands in the distance and such not just mindlessly going in a direction until you spot something.

Qurupeke

May I ask, if this is the first time I'm playing WW should I start immediately on Hero Mode? Or try it on a second playthrough?

zroid

Banned
You can switch at any time though, right? So feel free to try Hero mode and if it's getting frustrating, turn it off.

ArynCrinn

Banned
The place to do it isn't EAD4.

The place to do it is every department and branch of Nintendo, including EAD4. They need 200+ man teams at this point to really compete. Plus MORE teams. HD development and especially competing against Xbone/PS4 will drown Nintendo if they don't. Drought after drought.

They need 200+ man teams off all kinds working on multiple projects at once, internally. IMO.

ArynCrinn

Banned
You can switch at any time though, right? So feel free to try Hero mode and if it's getting frustrating, turn it off.

I would hate this. For the sole fact I want it to be extremely difficult to beat Hero Mode. I'd hate to see it be a option to switch on and off, I'd rather a "Normal Game" or "Hero Mode" from the start to finish.

D-e-f-

Banned
I would hate this. For the sole fact I want it to be extremely difficult to beat Hero Mode. I'd hate to see it be a option to switch on and off, I'd rather a "Normal Game" or "Hero Mode" from the start to finish.

Is there anything that doesn't rub you the wrong way?

ArynCrinn

Banned
Is there anything that doesn't rub you the wrong way?

My wife, my car, my PC's, and my cats. Everything else can fuck off back to Dixie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-control

It's the same difficulty either way, just do a 100% Hero Run.

Sad to hear. Haven't played a really tricky Zelda since Master Quest.... And haven't played a truly difficult Nintendo game since DKCR and F-Zero GX 100%.

...does it support the Pro Controller?

Hiccup

Banned
zlCfzRIiOloY7OwkiO

No one else besides Nintendo can produce such a magical moment.

So why not make it cross-platform with the Wii U? And just upscale the graphics on it? We can already play Majora's Mask in HD through Dolphin. But it would be cool to have the 3DS version be cross-platform so any owner of the two platforms could enjoy it. Or is it just too hard for Nintendo to do?

Because effort that's why. Why not make Wind Waker HD cross-platform with the 3DS? And just downscale the graphics on it?

Sad to hear. Haven't played a really tricky Zelda since Master Quest.... And haven't played a truly difficult Nintendo game since DKCR and F-Zero GX 100%.

...does it support the Pro Controller?

I meant there's no function diffrence for having it be a toggle.

Hero mode is much harder.

Edit:
I need to get of mobile for a while.

Sendou

You should play Nintendo Land. Hardest game associated with TLoZ IP since Zelda 2 right there.

youtoo

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I want to get the Swift Sail from the Auction House from Windfall.

I completed the Dragon Roost Cave and I'm right now at Forest something. I went to the Auction House before and I tried 6 times: In all of them they only auctioned Joy Pendants.

Wasn't supposed to be random?? They never auctioned anything else than pendants!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I want to get the Swift Sail from the Auction House from Windfall.

I completed the Dragon Roost Cave and I'm right now at Forest something. I went to the Auction House before and I tried 6 times: In all of them they only auctioned Joy Pendants.

Wasn't supposed to be random?? They never auctioned anything else than pendants!

It's something to do with the moon, try changing the night.

ArynCrinn

Banned
lol it's like you didn't even watch the video...

I actually did, I just don't care about the touchscreen stuff. I'm totally fine with a pause menu, been doing that for years.

Because effort that's why. Why not make Wind Waker HD cross-platform with the 3DS? And just downscale the graphics on it?

You are absolutely correct!

And because Wii U games would be too big for the 3DS, among the fact it couldn't handle the visuals even if radically downscaled.

I meant there's no function diffrence for having it be a toggle.

Hero mode is much harder.

Oh okay, cool, what I wanted to hear.

You should play Nintendo Land. Hardest game associated with TLoZ IP since Zelda 2 right there.

Played NL for like 5 mins when it launched, never picked it up since.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So the credits have something about a HD Refining Director.

They have an actual title for people in charge of those things.

Mix this with the fact that Nintendo actually created software made only for creating Wii U data out of Gamecube data...

More HD Remaster (or should we say refining *wink wink*) incoming?

Sunshine, Prime and F=Zero GX and Twilight Princess, that's all I want!

Hiccup

Banned

More HD Remaster (or should we say refininf *wink wink*) incoming?

I would easily at $500 for f-zero GX HD refinement

Satch

Banned

are you mad? an HD sunshine???

the water would be TOO pretty

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How did people managed to find that out?

No idea but someone told it to me and when I started changing the night it came up. When I do my new playthrough in hero mode I'll try and figure out what phase of the moon it is (I think it may be a full moon at the moment, but I'm not sure).

Mix this with the fact that Nintendo actually created software made only for creating Wii U data out of Gamecube data...

Sunshine HD would be absolutely amazing. It's too bad the controller wouldn't let it work (damn digital triggers).

Prime doesn't really need it, I played it recently on the Wii and it's still amazingly pretty. It managed to hold up really really well, even with the switch to HD. Based Retro and all that.

GX is the only one I think would make sense. I feel it's too early for a TP remaster, and too soon for ANOTHER Zelda remaster.

Prime? Well I'd rather they just make a new one.

The team behind GX no longer exists, and Nintendo might not feel it's worth it to put a team on developing a new entry.

zroid

Banned
I NEED F-Zero GX HD

I would also like Twilight Princess and/or Skyward Sword HD, but I admit that's kind of overkill on the Zelda re-releases.

D-e-f-

Banned

"HD Refining Director" was mentioned in the Iwata Asks

ASIS

This thread hurts me since I have another week or so to wait for the physical copy. But I'll just add that I hope Nintendo gives us a few more HD treatments of the same quality. Give me Mario Sunshine, Metriod Prime and SS.

Draconian

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit squid battleship left me raging after I spent probably over 100 rupees before I beat it. Seriously though, that 2 hit squid is a pain to find!

Hiccup

Banned
wow. GOOD FUCKING JOB MIIVERSE ADMIN. They thought my Mii name was inappropriate and *'d my name. I called Nintendo and this bitch said she found it inappropriate and hung up on me and said I could never call back

I would easily at $500 for f-zero GX HD refinement

I've paid like $100 or more just in getting my F Zero GX experience just right in the last 6 months!

F Zero UX, with support for SOME WHEEL that's just as good as the Logitech Speed Force (and not like the generic ones, eugh), and I'm down. Like super down. Like I'll buy five copies right now down.

EDIT: Dat momentary top of page loneliness.

Bear

I didn't expect hard mode to be so challenging. Each hit you take matters when you can no longer find them, and I've died quite a few times in the earlier parts (which never happens in any 3D Zelda game). It's probably my favorite new feature.

Anyone else notice a few bugs in the game? I fell through the environment at one point and came across a few other small things. It's not frequent or anything, but unusual for a Nintendo game.

wow. GOOD FUCKING JOB MIIVERSE ADMIN. They thought my Mii name was inappropriate and *'d my name. I called Nintendo and this bitch said she found it inappropriate and hung up on me and said I could never call back

What was the name?

Just use a different Mii?

Just finished forest. Was a pretty decent dungeon, liked dragon roost better though. But everything is positive for me so far, waiting for it to open up a bit though so I can explore more. The only thing I hate so far is having to play the dumb song every time I want to change directions...

Top Bottom