• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Woah, since the Wind Waker copy in the bundle is a code instead of pre-installed, you actually do get 499 points right off the bat? I never considered that. Pretty nice. Almost like getting a free NES game or something.

Uh huh...I wish more people looked at it that way..

I tend to use codes for full retail purchases, and since those are $59.99, I get $5 off each time.

Ce-Lin

can the framerate drops be patched ? no point in remaking a 10+ year old game into fancy HD then having it running worse than the original, I'm disappointed.

Jesus Christ the camera is so bad. Fighting orca after a while just becomes a task if fighting the camera. Its the worst when I attack an enemy into a corner. Just uhhh

Ce-Lin

*citation needed.

The original had some pretty frequent drops.

memory playing tricks maybe, I do remember my playthroughs slowdown-free, but anyway they could have cleaned the HD remake a little bit and make it rock solid 30 fps, full price for a 10 year old game with tech issues is not my kind of thing, specially when Nintendo make the main selling point that, the tech upgrade, so framerate is not considered tech anymore, just resolution and lighting ? meh, if it was 60 with dips it'd be ok, but 10 years later 30 fps with slowdown ? come on... and for those saying "oh it's your game my game is flawless, it drops only once in 30 hours" nope, I watched Cosmo' stream and he was mentioning the framerate "lag" often, then I played the game myself and noticed the drops a lot of times already and I'm just 10 hours in.

memory playing tricks maybe, I do remember my playthroughs slowdown-free, but anyway they could have cleaned the HD remake a little bit and make it rock solid 30 fps, full price for a 10 year old game with tech issues is not my kind of thing, specially when Nintendo make the main selling point that, the tech upgrade, so framerate is not considered tech anymore, just resolution and lighting ? meh, if it was 60 with dips it'd be ok, but 10 years later 30 fps with slowdown ? come on... and for those saying "oh it's your game my game is flawless, it drops only once in 30 hours" nope, I watched Cosmo' stream and he was mentioning the framerate "lag" often, then I played the game myself and noticed the drops a lot of times already and I'm just 10 hours in.

Any time get in a cannon battle/the heat haze effect comes on strong it drops noticeably.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Surprised to hear people dissing Hero mode. I think it's great. It's to the point where I never want to play a Zelda game in any other way. It makes you really learn the dungeons, learn the enemy patterns, and always be on your toes. Honestly, it's not even that hard, but it forces you to actually pay attention to everything you're doing, which for me makes the game much more enjoyable. The original game was honestly embarrassingly easy, and I think it was the number one problem with the game. Hero mode is, for me at least, the best thing about this remake. I really hope that the option is included from the get-go in all future Zelda games, though I know that realistically it won't happen.

Some people just aren't as good as they think they are :p

Anth0ny

1Uoaq1X.jpg

THE BLOOM LITERALLY CAME ALIVE AND KILLED ME

i legit didn't see that beamos and it killed me lol

1Uoaq1X.jpg

THE BLOOM LITERALLY CAME ALIVE AND KILLED ME

i legit didn't see that beamos and it killed me lol

I just went first person through that section and had my bow pointed to the side and fired off when I heard the laser. It worked perfectly. Being able to go FPS mode in zelda is a game changer. The miiverse integration is also a game changer mostly cause of selfies.

better but I still wouldn't call it good

they added bloom and ruined the look of the most beautiful game of all time. I will never understand why.

The bloom is mostly fine. The only sore sports are outset and the tower of the gods exterior

If it really bothers you play the offending segments in off-TV mode.

Anth0ny

The bloom is mostly fine. The only sore sports are outset and the tower of the gods exterior

If it really bothers you play the offending segments in off-TV mode.

I was playing that segment in off-TV mode >_>

It's just bad. Original game looks better in every way. Why did they have to mess with perfection? Why ; _ ;

Meesh

better but I still wouldn't call it good

they added bloom and ruined the look of the most beautiful game of all time. I will never understand why.
Interesting... I wonder how it looks on various HD TVs. Plasma vs LCD vs LED. I can only say that in general the game simply burns clean through my eye sockets to my soul, I use an LED HD TV... Brightest happiest game ever and the bloom surprisingly doesn't bother me that much.

the few moments where the bloom and lighting messes up the look of the game hurt less than WW's ugly fucking DOF effect, so I think HD is the better version from what gameplay I've seen.

D-e-f-

Banned
can the framerate drops be patched ? no point in remaking a 10+ year old game into fancy HD then having it running worse than the original, I'm disappointed.

It's running EXACTLY like the original. It's intentional whoever weird that sounds.

It's WiiDSmoker.

man google is easy

That's just his ID, not his name that got banned. Unless they're the same but then I don't get why his ID is still being used.

javac

Tried to avoid this thread. Can't wait for my limited edition to get in my hands. Just realised it's only over a week away!

Anth0ny

Genuine question

Why did you buy a game that you knew you hated?

Please point out where I said I hated the game?

Criticizing the visuals = hating the game now. You've heard it here first!

He's bipolar toward this game.

One day he'll say it's great.

The other he'll say it's shit.

You too? Please point out where I EVER said Wind Waker was a shit game.

If I hated this game, I wouldn't even waste my time criticizing the visuals, because I wouldn't care. The truth is, I love Wind Waker. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I think they totally botched the visuals in this new version.

I do however, still love the game, I'm still enjoying my playthrough in hero mode, and the new gameplay tweaks (swift sail) are great.

Pitmonkey

I have this game downloaded already and have yet to play it, still trying to get through W101.

I have to say, Nintendo really came through with their promise at E3 - ever since Pikmin 3 I have been on the WIi U non-stop.

Top Bottom