• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Rootbeer

Banned
After watching the video a few posts up I'm pretty convinced that this will be the best LEGO game to-date, despite the lack of co-op (which I'm fine with)

The real question, at least for me, is... can LEGO Marvel top this? It better!

I have a question for you guys that own other consoles. does downloading a game of similar size takes as long on PS360?

edit: because for me if all games (yes i know not all will be 22GB) are gonna take as long whats the use of having a Hard drive? i would rather have the physical copy especially if the game is the same price as retail copies. to me if the console manufacturers and gaming publishers are gonna push this than they need to discount dgital games. that would help ease people into downloading games if the can save some bucks.

Steam seems faster but I'm not sure since you can't see the speed on the Wii U. I rarely have to download games of this size on Steam.

It may not be much to some, but the Digital Deluxe program is a nice initiative. I got $15 off thanks to this, and buying this game gives me another $5 code.

4Scarr

Banned
Started download at 12:15am at 730am it's 42 percent done. 10 hours to go. Yes I hope Nintendo gives us 10 back for pricing error

Henke

no it looks like Need for Speed MW:U is gonna be the first true game to use "some" of Wii U's power. devs said they are using the "high end" pc version textures, better lighting, better draw distances, and the best night version they have EVER done. so in my opinion its the first 3rd party game or Wii U game all together to use a fraction of whats available to make a visual jump over its ps360 version of the game.

It'll take years before we can truly see what the Wii U is capable of. Look at the first year of the 360 and PS3 (or any console before that actually) to demonstrate this. Moving away from dodgy ports is a step in the right direction for now.

Oh man, I just realized that GameStop never texted me yesterday with their standard "Come in tomorrow to pick up your game!" message. Does that mean that they won't be getting it in today? Nintendo really knows how to screw up a game launch...

waypoetic

Banned
Just watched the Gametrailers review and... That open world was pretty limited. You can't land a heli on any building you so please, what's up with that? And no multiplayer!? My thought, at first, when i heard about this game was that you and a buddy would play either couch co-op or online and build stuff together and then try 'em out.

But... Nope.

codhand

I emailed Nintendo asking for $10 back in my Eshop account

ignj0aqhktrhdseurymiunh.gif

Manmedaz

This is the only time that's happened.

Anyway, 6hrs later..34%

You should be glad, I spend 42 hours to DL it this week end, yours seems to be quite "fast" (everything is relative, right?)! Unfortunately it ended this morning so I won't be able to try it until tonight u_u...

Chaplain

For those still downloading the game, could you guys please take the time to do a speed test and post your download speeds?

Speedtest.net

I want to know if these slow downloads are Nintendo's fault or not.

Thanks!

CoolS

Doesn't work it's 2 different types of coins between "falling from the sky" and in Iwata's pocket.
Can someone make it with a more uniform use of coin?
This bothered me for quite some type!

It's just Iwata's personal, more valuable stash of coins he always carries around!

For those still downloading the game, could you guys please take the time to do a speed test and post your download speeds?

Speedtest.net

I want to know if these slow downloads are Nintendo's fault or not.

Thanks!

Here's Smiles and Cries speed:

10 Mbps (10Base-T) 04:53:20 this is the amount of time it should take to download 22GB

http://www.numion.com/calculators/time.html

2580025536.png
if this stayed steady I could be playing at 6am

Dragoshi1

frank honey not been playable is a crime

ill pay for dlc just to play as him :(

i love combupers

I saw a trailer that showed off being able to play as Rex Fury as an unlockable skin/costume for the "Robber" persona.

Maybe we can play as Frank Honey under the "cop" persona?

Ugh. D/L speeds and price issue are really irritating. Guess I'll just let this ship from Gamefly tomorrow and buy the disc from them.

I'd rather not download it from the E-shop but if it makes the loading times significantly better than I'll bite. Eagerly awaiting DL gaffers impressions

tajd

Banned
I saw a trailer that showed off being able to play as Rex Fury as an unlockable skin/costume for the "Robber" persona.

Maybe we can play as Frank Honey under the "cop" persona?

**** yes frank honey is the best characters

ill wait for you INSIDE

waypoetic

Banned
Are you uninterested because it doesn't match some preconceived expectations you had, or because it isn't a good game, in your opinion?

I'm not interested in it to the point of buying it, because i don't own a Wii U. But hypothetically i wouldn't buy it - because it doesn't have those features or gameplay mechanics.

tajd

Banned
Thanks for this! thumbs and subbed, looks good but i've decided to not get a console yet. Gonna take a new Mario or Zelda for me. :/

looks like your getting wii u at christmas so

new mario kart new 3d mario zelda wind waker remake i cannot till e3 :)

Shady859

Is it still $59.99 to DL in NA? LOL convience charge of $10 to save you gas and protect you from oversized sodas on your way to buy the retail copy..

and to the above post, I hope you are correct. Probably a price drop and maybe even a nice black friday bundle by then. Although the Target $50 off deal is tempting now... if I wasn't getting a 3DS next week i'd bite. It's not the money but lack of time to play everything.

Edit: darn phone lol think i edited that 10 times.... :(

deviljho

talking to nintendo support they said I agreed to the price so there is nothing he can do so I am filing a complaint to a higher up :(

there is some truth to that, but you really have to get them to admit that the game should have never been priced at $60 when the retail price was $50 - and then for them to correct the eShop price. they have to be able to answer why the DD price is more expensive... of course, i guess, they can always say, "that's the price." ~_~

BioHazard

Wait a minute, are all retail copies being delayed or something? Amazon has a warning and now BB says 3/20. I was thinking about canceling my Amazon if I could pick it up today at BB, but I guess not..

4Scarr

Banned
Well I guess look at it this way. Even though its not right. $5 coupon for buying it on eshop makes price $55 then if you bought in store for $50 with tax is close to $55. Thought I would rather have it for 49.99 and have $10.01 back in my Eshop account. Emailed Nintendo earlier. Will post the response when I get it. We should post to their fb page as well

Shady859

Technically you agreed to the price, multiple times before you were eventually locked in at the price. Sucks and I agree it's wrong but honestly they fooled ya. Tax woulda been $3 locally if you deluxe you get $6 back... How valuable is your time? Send a few emails and move on is what i'd do.

there is some truth to that, but you really have to get them to admit that the game should have never been priced at $60 when the retail price was $50 - and then for them to correct the eShop price. they have to be able to answer why the DD price is more expensive... of course, i guess, they can always say, "that's the price." ~_~

Yeh...they never once said it will be $49.99 on the eShop.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

This is what I wanted to ask, was there mentioned that it will be 49,99 ? Because is not the first game to be found cheaper in retail than in the e-shop. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is an example of that.

Wait a minute, are all retail copies being delayed or something? Amazon has a warning and now BB says 3/20. I was thinking about canceling my Amazon if I could pick it up today at BB, but I guess not..

Nintendo felt bad that everyone's downloads were taking so long, so they decided to delay the game so everyone could start playing at the same time.

[\sarcasm]

deviljho

right. they can do that, but i don't think there is any precedent to price the digital version higher than the retail msrp. so it's really an issue of consumer expectation and fair business practices. it's their choice... we'll see how it plays out.

This is what I wanted to ask, was there mentioned that it will be 49,99 ? Because is not the first game to be found cheaper in retail than in the e-shop. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is an example of that.

how much was Sonic on the eShop?

How much was it retail? I got it for $39.99 on the eShop I believe.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm way behind on this thread, but am I right in hearing this game isn't actually a big open world? What is this game then?

Top Bottom