• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Just got an Email from Nintendo Consumer Service regarding the pricing error in the eShop

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase and download of LEGO® City Undercover for Wii U from the Nintendo eShop. Due to a data-entry error, the price of this game was initially set at $59.99. We intended to set the price at $49.99 and have made the correction in the Nintendo eShop. We are taking steps to quickly refund you the difference. You will receive a $12 refund applied either to your credit card or to your account in the Nintendo eShop, depending on your form of payment. This amount covers the difference in price as well as any applicable taxes. We apologize for this inconvenience.

This refund will be processed in the next 24 hours. If you paid from a balance in your Nintendo eShop account, your credit will appear within 24 hours. If your payment method was credit card, it may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement. We thank you for your patience. Enjoy your game!

...I paid with both eshop credit and credit card..what do I get?

For those of you who accidentally bought the title for $59.99

Nintendo of America said:
Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase and download of LEGO® City Undercover for Wii U from the Nintendo eShop. Due to a data-entry error, the price of this game was initially set at $59.99. We intended to set the price at $49.99 and have made the correction in the Nintendo eShop. We are taking steps to quickly refund you the difference. You will receive a $12 refund applied either to your credit card or to your account in the Nintendo eShop, depending on your form of payment. This amount covers the difference in price as well as any applicable taxes. We apologize for this inconvenience.

This refund will be processed in the next 24 hours. If you paid from a balance in your Nintendo eShop account, your credit will appear within 24 hours. If your payment method was credit card, it may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement. We thank you for your patience. Enjoy your game!

Thank you,
Nintendo of America Inc.

Drager

Banned
Hey, I am pretty sure the slowness is because of the eshop, but try playing with the channel settings of the router. I did and I get better download speeds from my PS3, Wii U and Youtube.

Preloading assets is something I expect in the future. The day of release you just download the unlock key, some KBs at most, then ready to go.

The slowness is just Nintendo in general. I have a 30Mbit cable connection and my router is plenty fast and downloading anything on the eShop is as slow as a dog.

Cru Jones

Got the email too.

Funny thing happened, I checked 2 hours ago what the download progress was and it was 27% with an estimated 27 hours to go. My Wii isn't exactly in a great spot for my wifi in the house so it doesn't bother me that much. However, I just checked it and now it's saying it is only 24% done and 38 hours to go. How is it even possible to regress?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So small note. I pulled the trigger on this the moment they fixed the eshop price. Just now I went to check the digital promotion site to see if the points showed up yet (to get a coupon for Monster Hunter), and behold: I got the points for $59.95 instead of $49.95.

100 free points, so hax, ha ha.

So small note. I pulled the trigger on this the moment they fixed the eshop price. Just now I went to check the digital promotion site to see if the points showed up yet (to get a coupon for Monster Hunter), and behold: I got the points for $59.95 instead of $49.95.

100 free points, so hax, ha ha.
I got 599 points too. Since I'm getting a refund, I also got 100 free points!

Tan

Hey, I'm thinking of picking this game up in a few weeks. How's the framerate? I know the trailer videos were pretty spotty. And how's the length/scale of the game? I remember people grumbling about the map.

Hey, I'm thinking of picking this game up in a few weeks. How's the framerate? I know the trailer videos were pretty spotty. And how's the length/scale of the game? I remember people grumbling about the map.

Only the very first trailers had framerate issues. The majority have been fine. I haven't noticed any drops so far. I heard the game is 15-20 hours if you concentrate on the story, but we can't really confirm that yet.

The $12 credit has already been applied to my account. Thanks for the free $2, plus the free 100 Deluxe points towards my next $5 gift card. The people that paid $59.99 end up on top in the end.

Tan

Only the very first trailers had framerate issues. The majority have been fine. I haven't noticed any drops so far. I heard the game is 15-20 hours if you concentrate on the story, but we can't really confirm that yet.

I'll stay tuned then, but sounds like good news!

dwu8991

Banned
The $12 credit has already been applied to my account. Thanks for the free $2, plus the free 100 Deluxe points towards my next $5 gift card. The people that paid $59.99 end up on top in the end.

With the free $2, you are virtually getting the rest of the 0.30c games literally for free with 0.50c change to spare !!!

So I guess I must be missing something. I seem to be unlocking all these different dudes but I can't use them in a disguise booth. Do I have to buy them first? If so where? Same with cars?

Edit: nevermind figured it out.

Xander51

I'm enjoying all the references here to what I presume is the plot of the 3DS version. I'm impressed at the level of care put into world-building here, even for games so silly. This is TT Fusion's magnum opus.

man that sleep was good woke up and saw the NOA email that they are giving back $12 to all affected :D

time for me to go explore this world now that I am up at 5am

Top Bottom