• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

majik13

lcu3.jpg

end the pain already :(

hi that big ol delete button....you know you want to...

RobbieNick

Gamestop? Nope.

Target? Nope.

Best Buy? Nope.

Walmart? Nope.

Toys R Us? Nope.

Either retailers are mistaking this game for being out tomorrow or Nintendo fucked up another launch like they did with Fire Emblem. Probably the latter.

Also, Monday? Not Sunday like Nintendo normally does or Tuesday like everyone else? No wonder this launch is such a mess.

Xander51

My local Gamestop has their copies but isn't selling them till midnight, for whatever reason. I think there was some really botched communication/shipping by Nintendo on this one.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gamestop? Nope.

Target? Nope.

Best Buy? Nope.

Walmart? Nope.

Toys R Us? Nope.

Either retailers are mistaking this game for being out tomorrow or Nintendo fucked up another launch like they did with Fire Emblem. Probably the latter.

Also, Monday? Not Sunday like Nintendo normally does or Tuesday like everyone else? No wonder this launch is such a mess.

Canada is much better off. Every place I went to today had them in (TRU, WalMart) and others are reporting similar experiences.

Gamestop? Nope.

Target? Nope.

Best Buy? Nope.

Walmart? Nope.

Toys R Us? Nope.

This feels like a release for an Atlus game.

i did that once you have to confirm but I did it to test it out last November

guys I stayed up because of my chronic insomnia
I could not sleep now if I wanted my body will crash in 4 to 6 hours lol

NFS tomorrow
Need For Sleep?

I hope this was worth it for you, I'd DD this bitch also but I got it for free basically from BestBuy with the B1G1 half off plus a $25 dollar gift card so I'll have to wait it out.

BB's order system is so screwed up that I bet if I tried to change my order to another game it would cancel everything and my gift card too.

Now that some of you have the game downloaded and installed how are the load times compared to the video reviews? I never knew if having Wii U games installed cut loads since all the disc games I have are pretty short with load times except for NG3.

majik13

Gamestop? Nope.

Target? Nope.

Best Buy? Nope.

Walmart? Nope.

Toys R Us? Nope.

looks like they are trying to get that impulse premium launch price. as the only readily available copy is 10 bucks more. /conspiracy

Pitmonkey

19 hours to download on a 60mb/s connection, Just hit the install button at 7:30 EST. Any takers on how long this will take?

Cosmozone

Now that some of you have the game downloaded and installed how are the load times compared to the video reviews? I never knew if having Wii U games installed cut loads since all the disc games I have are pretty short with load times except for NG3.
It would be also interesting if there are differences in load times between a game downloaded to internal flash memory vs one downloaded to an external drive. I suspect the former would have much better loading times.

majik13

It would be also interesting if there are differences in load times between a game downloaded to internal flash memory vs one downloaded to an external drive. I suspect the former would have much better loading times.

has it been confirmed that it can only be put on an external? or was that debunked?

I thought after going to work and coming home there would be impressions on this game. All I've seen is impressions on everyones download times! lol.

Just started playing the first 10 minutes. Maybe it was the hours of download and install, but I have yet to get in the police car. Instead, I've been defiantly smashing everything in sight and picking up LEGO bricks and studs.

Very therapeutic, I highly suggest it for those who decided to download the game.

deviljho

has it been confirmed that it can only be put on an external? or was that debunked?

if you have a deluxe with enough space, then that will work

Yea I went to walmart to try to get monhun early and there was no sign of lego city anywhere.

yeah, situation is odd. they should hope that this confusion is small and that their marketing will make it a non issue once the game hits stores.

Tried to find this in town but was unsuccessful. I would love to have it digitally but my Wii U disconnects and reconnects about every 30 seconds. :-(

Hey, I am pretty sure the slowness is because of the eshop, but try playing with the channel settings of the router. I did and I get better download speeds from my PS3, Wii U and Youtube.

Preloading assets is something I expect in the future. The day of release you just download the unlock key, some KBs at most, then ready to go.

I have played for 30 minutes and I can't stop collecting things!!!! This is an ADD collectors nightmare, or wet dream. Game looks pretty. Great movement animations too. Well, back to LCU.

Oh, I downloaded the game, boot up load and new game load were pretty long. Oh well. No game is perfect.

deviljho

No, should I?

absolutely

go into your internet connection settings. select your current connection and go to the page that has options for IP and DNS. uncheck the "obtain automatically" and fill them in yourself.

to get the right numbers, open the command prompt from windows (if you have a PC). typing "cmd" will open the command prompt. type "ipconfig /all"

copy down the IP number, the subnet mask, default gateway and both DNS server numbers. if you're PC is connected wirelessly to your router, then that's all you should need. for the IP number, make sure to change the very last number, you can do this by adding 10 to the existing number, generally.

ask questions if you need help. if you need more help, there's better instructions on nintendo's tech support forum. you can also call them and they'll help you get rolling 1-800-255-3700

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/93152

The game really is funny. I have found myself chuckling quite a few times. Also, I'm happy to see the streets are full of life. The driving will take some getting used to, but don't all open world games driving take some getting used to?

Kolgar

The game really is funny. I have found myself chuckling quite a few times. Also, I'm happy to see the streets are full of life. The driving will take some getting used to, but don't all open world games driving take some getting used to?

Also, you're driving vehicles made of Legos!

Top Bottom