• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Sanic

Y'know, I just want to come in here and voice my complaints about the release date fiasco.

I can't find a physical copy anywhere near me. If the game is shipping on a certain day, than say that. Don't say it's the release date. As it stands now, i'm waiting until Wednesday like i'm sure most of you are.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazon now has 'Shipping in 2 to 3 weeks.'

Uh oh. I've had my preorder for about a year now, so I'm hoping I still get mine on Wednesday.

Jachaos

Alright so I'm all ready to download it except my hard drive doesn't work with my Wii U. I've got this one (Edit: Or at least it looks like this) :

http://us.toshiba.com/images/showcase/storage/landing/portable-drive.png

Now I read some people say it needed to have a Y cable so that it split into two USB parts that would go in two of the USB ports. I don't have one though. If I get one, will it work ? Also, it makes this little *click* sound every 5 seconds or so, though not that loud, I figure I could find a way to reduce the noise enough that it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Effect

Anyone order the game on NewEgg receive an update regarding your order today? Still nothing on my pre-order. Not even a charge yet.

Alright so I'm all ready to download it except my hard drive doesn't work with my Wii U. I've got this one (Edit: Or at least it looks like this) :

http://us.toshiba.com/images/showcase/storage/landing/portable-drive.png

Now I read some people say it needed to have a Y cable so that it split into two USB parts that would go in two of the USB ports. I don't have one though. If I get one, will it work ? Also, it makes this little *click* sound every 5 seconds or so, though not that loud, I figure I could find a way to reduce the noise enough that it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help !

That's the one I have and with a y cable it will work no problem. I think the sound is made to warn you its not getting enough power. Stopped after I connected it with the y cable.

Xander51

When I punched a Lego object for the first time and bricks came flying out instead of studs, it blew my mind. This game is really funny, a blast to play...and the load times are just as horrible as all the reviews said they were.

Still, I am loving it fully.

Played about an hour, the game is really charming and they seem to nail the 80s Cop Movie motif pretty well. Load times aren't anywhere near as annoying as I had been led to believe, but it is possible the eShop version features shorter load times. All I can say is thank goodness the game is good after all the hassle of the download and install for the eShop version.

Effect

First I had problems with Amazon.com not getting orders delivered in a timely manner (only got Monster Hunter from them this time because of credit and I had the trial for amazon prime. Lucked out it seems). Now these issues with NewEgg. Looks like I''m really going have to to simply rely on getting games physically from the stores or just going digital. Ordering online doesn't seem to be working out lately. :( Game is sold out on NewEgg now and order hasn't changed. Looking like putting in a pre-order as far back as Oct 2012 didn't matter.

Captain N

No off TV Play is a big time let down. Hopefully they will patch it in later and allow the game pad gimmicks to be done with the analog sticks.

Cronq

Banned
Going to attempt to download and install on the deluxe system memory. I deleted almost everything and cleared 22gb of free space. My portable hard drive Y adapter won't be in for a few days; I'll probably just do a transfer later once I get the external drive set up.

Only having a 32gb drive is already a big bummer.

If any of you kind gentlemen/ladies could time a specific easily accessible loading screen and say whether you have the digital or retail version, I would very much appreciate it. I'd like to compare the two versions. I prefer physical copies but if the load times are indeed faster off HDD, I'll be downloading this.

The loading screens are far too numerous in this game. I hit a loading screen at the start of a mission and, as far as I can tell, all it did was load a prerendered cutscene and then take another 30 seconds to load back into the game. Lol
Speaking of prerendered cutscenes: they are EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the videos take up at least half of the file size.

Anyway, I'm having some fun with the game but I admit its not as good as I was hoping it would be. I am enjoying the humor, even if it is incredibly silly stuff. The movie/TV references in particular seem to always get me, like the Wilhelm scream and Columbo cameo.

Lastly, I'm fairly certain that this game is not native 720p. Still a good looking game, though. Haven't noticed any tearing yet, and the framedrops are insignificant so far.

Top Bottom