• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Having read the Edge review,I don't think it's a particularly good review and some of their gripes seem a bit odd: they make it sound like it is more a game for kids than adults but also criticise that kids won't get some of the gags or cliches. Also, one of their main gripes seems to be that a Lego game isn't as interesting without a recognised movie licence. They do also point out some technical flaws however:
Previous TT games appealed to children and adults with the content; Star Wars, Indy, Batman? Kids love that as much as nostalgic adults. I'm guessing they also didn't find the cop stuff as interesting for whatever reason. Either way, the actual gameplay in the Lego games has always been pretty mediocre and overly-simplistic, so any tears in the fancy wrapping will likely make those issues even more noticeable.

What's sad is that from the GI and Edge reviews it seems like the gameplay hasn't improved at all. The car issue you quoted sounds exactly like it is in Lego Batman 2, where vehicles handle poorly and get stuck on everything.

choodi

Banned
Bought this and the Lego set for my kid's sixth birthday. He's gonna flip.

Sounds more like you bought it for yourself rather than the kid! ;-)

I can't wait until my kid is old enough so that I can use her as an excuse to buy games too! Haha

Lizardus

So its not ture that every copy comes with a figure?

I pre-ordered it online from futureshop because my city only has an EBgames and walmart.

nofi

I have a question for you:
The latest trailers have shown no screen tearing at all, but the eurogamer's review said they're still there. Have you noticed it when you have played it? And if so, is there plenty of them?

Graphics are fine to me, if not exactly 720p. Will check for tearing later but didn't see much if any.

The motion blur is amazing though.

NateDrake

Graphics are fine to me, if not exactly 720p. Will check for tearing later but didn't see much if any.

Motion blur is awesome in this title. Haven't noticed any screen tearing or noticeable slowdown, either.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm planning to pick this one up over MHTri Ultimate. For that I'll wait for the April update with Offtv function activated

Thanks for your answers Nofi and NateDrake(i hate tearing)

Another and last question: in the case of jaggies, are they really significant or just noticeable?

Sorry if I disturb you, because tearing and jaggies are the things i hate the most from a technical standpoint in videogame.

Steenbock

Neo Member
I'm really looking forward to this game, but my years of gaming have hardwired my brain to use inverted flight controls (press forward(up) to go down, press back (down) to go up), and I was bitterly disappointed that Lego Batman 2 didn't offer the option to use inverted flight controls, and I wound up passing on the game as a result (it didn't help that there were two -types- of flight, either).

So, a question for anyone who has actually played Lego City Undercover; Is there an option to use inverted flight controls?

Dragoshi1

The Rex roars during it's tiny cameo in the trailer, and I saw another trailer showing the inside of the museum, with the Rex Skeleton Vehicle inside it.

I know where I'm heading first when I boot up the game for the first time.

I'm really hoping this game turns out fun and worthwhile. Don't have a WiiU yet, but this game is on my "tentatively want" list when I get around to buying the system in a few months.

Looking forward to Gaf opinions in a few days!

Beelzebub

I might have to hold off a bit because I'll been in Monster Hunter mode but I definitely want to get this for my Wii U. looks like fun and has a great sense of humor, and it will probably be the first Lego game I play since Lego Island as kid...these constant movie tie in games have always given me a negative impression of the Lego games but this one changes that!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
]blacky[;49998462 said:
I am a little bit worried because of the EDGE-Review. Everything I saw from this game looks absolutly gorgeous!

Have you played previous lego games? Did you like them? Then you should be ok with this. Edge also gave lego LotR a 6.

4Scarr

Banned
so does that mean it will be up late Sunday night early Monday morning? or late Monday night early Tuesday morning? :)

Yes. The eShop says it will be available on midnight at it's release. It's in the scroll at the top of the main page on the eShop.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Did the Gameinformer review ACTUALLY use the word "funnest" in the text?

Gods help us.

Wait... this is another strange Monday release from Nintendo of America? The last Monday release they issued, Fire Emblem: Awakening, was all screwed up on the distribution side...

Top Bottom