• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Aus LegoGAF, Toys R Us are having a Star Wars LEGO clearance at the moment.

X-Wing: Was $119.99 Now $95.99
Y-Wing: Was $109.99 Now $79.99
Droid Escape: Was $39.99 Now $31.99
Tie Fighter: Was $89.99 Now $71.99
Geonosian cannon: Was $39.99 Now $31.99
Battle of geonosis: Was $84.99 Now $63.99
Jabba's palace: Was $199.99 Now $159.99
Maul's Infiltrator: Was $129.99 Now $103.99
Sith Infiltrator Was $139.99 Now $111.99

And the smaller sets all have a few bucks off here and there.

Went there with the intention of grabbing Battle of Geonosis, but they had no stock :( Came home with the Y-Wing though, so gettin' my LEGO on tonight anyway!

And the smaller sets all have a few bucks off here and there.

Went there with the intention of grabbing Battle of Geonosis, but they had no stock :( Came home with the Y-Wing though, so gettin' my LEGO on tonight anyway!

:O Isn't the AUD stronger than the USD at the moment? I can see why you all complain about pricing.

Chuck

Still without luck

This is awful. Jesus...

Almost done taking apart Queen Anne and am on the fence. I have said for months I want to do a steampunk MOC ship, and have already made propellers for it and extremely rough ideas in my head for it. But as I go on, I have a really BIG itch to just make a standard ship MOC and not go the steampunk route.

Almost done taking apart Queen Anne and am on the fence. I have said for months I want to do a steampunk MOC ship, and have already made propellers for it and extremely rough ideas in my head for it. But as I go on, I have a really BIG itch to just make a standard ship MOC and not go the steampunk route.

My vote is for steampunk.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OK guys. I posted this picture in the Top Gear thread, and bugging me how they have James' (guy in stripes) arms at an angle. How are they connected?

zzKj4.jpg

Some clearance sales at local toys'r'us in Canada, just bought the Anakin and Sebulba set for more than 50% off, pretty glad I waited on it.

Added bonus, there was 2 Sebulba minifigs in the box! Which makes 3 with the one I got from the Tatooine planet set! :p

OK guys. I posted this picture in the Top Gear thread, and bugging me how they have James' (guy in stripes) arms at an angle. How are they connected?

zzKj4.jpg

We cant see the back of James, so it is possible that the back is not solid and is in fact some of the bar pieces like this:
4140583.jpg

Connected to clip 1x1 pieces at odd angles.

Or the guy could have cheated and glued them at an angle.

Chuckie

Another vote for Steampunk!

I just ordered some minifigs. Rabbit-guy, Chicken-guy, Alien avenger, Space Marine and that new knight. € 2,49 a piece, which is the same price as in the store...but without the feeling and getting the wrong fig :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Built the eagle creator set last night. Although only a pocket money set (£9.99 over here), its straight into my top sets ever, and certainly my favourite ever small set. Right up there with R2D2 and VW camper IMO. It's such a great looking model, and posable, and an interesting (if short) build.

During building - just before you build the head - I was also getting an itch to do other bird MOCs. The body is so simple yet effective, and as you build it you can imagine it working well for smaller birds too.

Ironmask

I am missing series 3,4,5 and 6 in their entirety, is there a cheaper way for me of getting them than bricklinking each minifigure separately?

If you have some doubles you can look for other collectors in your area or available for slowmail swap.
I've done some swaps using the italian equivalent of craiglist, but you get the best on looking for lego swap pages on Facebook.
You have always the risk of getting into a scammer, but the pages are just full of collectors like us that only wants to complete their collections.

pros of using Facebook
  • you get to know better your swapper/trader
  • swaps are usually done 1 to 1, so you don't spend more money
  • usually, the value of the minifig itself is not a priority, a swap between a s9 minifig and a s1 minifig is possible (don't bet on getting a Spartan this way)
  • when collectors have completed their collection, they just sell their dupes and it's usually at a low price (personally i sell all my minifigs at retail price, i'm just happy getting back my money and making someone else happy)
  • some of the swappers are really cool and is fine to make friendship with them

cons
  • swaps are done based on trust
  • scammers (but just check his page to see if it's too shady)
  • slowmail cmeans lost minifigs (i've traded up to 50 minifigs so far, one of the minifigs i've sent went lost)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am missing series 3,4,5 and 6 in their entirety, is there a cheaper way for me of getting them than bricklinking each minifigure separately?

My local department store toy section still has boxes of series 3 and 5 on the counter. I think nobody is buying them because they are 'old' compared to the latest ones.

a quick bricklink question.
is there an easy automated way to remove a completed order from my wanted lists?
till now I've been doing manually.

Yes. There is a checkbox somewhere - in the completed orders summary I think, that lets you remove them from your wanted list

wetwired

not sure why I thought that, I only have mine own personal one left unfortunately, I wouldn't let it go for less than $100 as it'd be a pain in the arse to replace the parts. When I find the time I want to do version 2.0, some bigger back wheels and some other adjustments, mainly the front windows and the "fins" at the back, the rest will likely stay pretty similar to it is now.

Some clearance sales at local toys'r'us in Canada, just bought the Anakin and Sebulba set for more than 50% off, pretty glad I waited on it.

Added bonus, there was 2 Sebulba minifigs in the box! Which makes 3 with the one I got from the Tatooine planet set! :p

Hoth Echo Base, too. Been thinking about grabbing that one.

wondering if i should pull the trigger on a complete series 6 set for 40 euro (which is the normal price) + 8,50 shipping hmmm...

Except for the roman soldier, the Leprechaun, the bandit, the rest are nice but not really MUST HAVES for me, however, all things considered, if i buy these 3 separately on BL shipping included etc. it comes dangerously close to the price of the full set!!

any other must have figures in there that maybe i can't see the potential of right away by looking at em? lol

Rhaegar

Slow overnight shifts in the hospital are dangerous, my friends. Thanks to the deliberation of all of you fine gentlepeople, I just ordered Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape. That AAA lineup of minifigs was just too much for me to pass up.

Now to work on my wife for an Arkham Asylum birthday present in March...

Chuckie

Slow overnight shifts in the hospital are dangerous, my friends. Thanks to the deliberation of all of you fine gentlepeople, I just ordered Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape. That AAA lineup of minifigs was just too much for me to pass up.

Now to work on my wife for an Arkham Asylum birthday present in March...

Seeing your avatar I have a (weird) question for you :p

Does your Batman have really white eyes? The bandana/eyes on mine is a bit pinkish. Like the white paint on the head is a bit transparant. It bugs me and I am considering sticking tiny white stickers on the head so that his eyes are whiter.

Question is also for other peeps who have a Batman fig

Rhaegar

Does your Batman have really white eyes? The bandana/eyes on mine is a bit pinkish. Like the white paint on the head is a bit transparant. It bugs me and I am considering sticking tiny white stickers on the head so that his eyes are whiter.

Hmm...I've never noticed a pinkish hue on any of my Batman minifigs. Sounds like maybe your minifig had a defective paint job?

wetwired

So I started trying to build Ecto-1 Tonight and now I realise why I've never seen any truly amazing renditions of it in lego so far, it's a tough bitch to do, so smooth and curvy.

Chuckie

where do I find that "list of everything" you are talking about?
eqeFIYal.png

Go to 'my ordes placed'. There you will see a list of all your orders. There is a checkbox with 'filed' if you click the one in the top bar... all your orders will be listed as filed (once you hit the submit button)

brick.jpg

jpatez34

Neo Member
LEGOGaf. Should I purchase the Town Hall & Pet Shop now using my £60 worth of VIP points plus a further 40% off for working for Merlin Entertainments? or should I hold off and wait for the Palace Cinema & Galaxy Squad?

Chuckie

LEGOGaf. Should I purchase the Town Hall & Pet Shop now using my £60 worth of VIP points plus a further 40% off for working for Merlin Entertainments? or should I hold off and wait for the Palace Cinema & Galaxy Squad?

I cannot say anything about Town Hall, but I myself absolutely adore the Pet Shop. Together with the Grand Emporium it is my pride and the only sets permanently on display in my living room.

All my guests love it saying: Wow...is that LEGO

Go to 'my ordes placed'. There you will see a list of all your orders. There is a checkbox with 'filed' if you click the one in the top bar... all your orders will be listed as filed (once you hit the submit button)

brick.jpg

and that then removes the items from my wanted lists?
hm, never new...

according to the help it does not.
but that is still what I am looking for.

to clarify what I am looking for:

I have a wishlist with items A, B, C, D, E, F, G
I buy items A, B, D, G

now instead of removing those bought items individually from my wishlist I would like to remove my ordered items with one automated click.
so that in the end I am left with my wishlist C, E, F

Sorry no it doesn't, I misunderstood you.

This is the one you need (in the purple bar)

brick2.jpg

thats what I have been doing till now, but with hundreds of different lots in an order it can be a tedious task.

I was wondering if there is a simple "remove everything from this order from my wish list" option

Chuckie

thats what I have been doing till now, but with hundreds of different lots in an order it can be a tedious task.

I was wondering if there is a simple "remove everything from this order from my wish list" option

Well it isn't visible on that screenshot...but theres also a Hulk figure under Darth, and that is also checked. By checking the delet box in the purple bar, all figures in that particular wanted lists get their delete-boxes checked.

Well it isn't visible on that screenshot...but theres also a Hulk figure under Darth, and that is also checked. By checking the delet box in the purple bar, all figures in that particular wanted lists get their delete-boxes checked.

yea, sure but I dont buy everything from one wishlist in one go, I buy parts of it so i don't want to delete everything from the wishlist, only the things I bought in a specific order.

Chuckie

yea, sure but I dont buy everything from one wishlist in one go, I buy parts of it so i don't want to delete everything from the wishlist, only the things I bought in a specific order.

Ah I see. You don't want to delete the entire wanted list, just the parts you already have because you placed an order.

No I don't think that is possible tbh. Or at least not that I know off.

Something that was just pointed out in a set review I was watching:

K0gTavy.jpg

Checked my set, and it is the same.

Suddenly I see collectors snatching that set up because it will be the "rare misprinted" version.

And the way the colon is on it, it sounds like a sequel to Batman vs. Mr. Freeze with the subtitle "Aquaman on Ice." Makes it seem funnier that way. Almost like Batman and Mr. Freeze are going to an ice show starring Aquaman and are competing to get the best seats or something.

Built the eagle creator set last night. Although only a pocket money set (£9.99 over here), its straight into my top sets ever, and certainly my favourite ever small set. Right up there with R2D2 and VW camper IMO. It's such a great looking model, and posable, and an interesting (if short) build.

During building - just before you build the head - I was also getting an itch to do other bird MOCs. The body is so simple yet effective, and as you build it you can imagine it working well for smaller birds too.

The eagle was the best of the three models, and was really awesome once done. I love the head of it, but wish that part was posable.

Pet Shop and Town Hall now. That sounds like a crazy discount. And Town Hall is more expensive, so technically you are saving more by using the discount on it.

If you have some doubles you can look for other collectors in your area or available for slowmail swap.
I've done some swaps using the italian equivalent of craiglist, but you get the best on looking for lego swap pages on Facebook.
You have always the risk of getting into a scammer, but the pages are just full of collectors like us that only wants to complete their collections.

pros of using Facebook
  • you get to know better your swapper/trader
  • swaps are usually done 1 to 1, so you don't spend more money
  • usually, the value of the minifig itself is not a priority, a swap between a s9 minifig and a s1 minifig is possible (don't bet on getting a Spartan this way)
  • when collectors have completed their collection, they just sell their dupes and it's usually at a low price (personally i sell all my minifigs at retail price, i'm just happy getting back my money and making someone else happy)
  • some of the swappers are really cool and is fine to make friendship with them

cons
  • swaps are done based on trust
  • scammers (but just check his page to see if it's too shady)
  • slowmail cmeans lost minifigs (i've traded up to 50 minifigs so far, one of the minifigs i've sent went lost)

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check Facebook out, I never thought of Facebook as some sort of craigslist :D

Top Bottom