• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

^^nice...

yeah those damn minifigs... i thought i had a system going with the DOT codes, but they must have changed batches at the Lego Store, because while it worked 100% of the time last time, this time we got like 4 double figures and only 1 new one :(

Thinking of just bricklinking the remaining 5 or so... expensive but at least you know you got the right ones!

How do you go about buying a whole box anyways? I mean do you just ask at your local Lego store? I have never seen any for sale before...

Coincidentally, I just got my box yesterday. I am in the states and ordered from Amazon France. Not sure why some items can be shipped or can't. Luckily, this was eligible to ship here. I've ordered some stuff from Amazon UK as well. It ended costing something like $2.50 per figure including shipping costs.

8409199722_1b9960d839.jpg

SpeedNut

You only have a problem when you start hiding it like it's a drug addiction or having an affair. I have a problem.

I'm sure if the Mrs. is presented with an addiction choice between LEGOs and hookers, she'd choose LEGOs every time. That is until you make a hooker out of LEGOs...

I just looked at them and you are right, they are the same in this set not colour or pattern variations, so this looks like a good way to get those discontinued minifigures from series 2, 3 and 4

Not sure if they still do it, but several figs of the first few series made it as parts in the Build A Minifig bins at LEGO stores. I got several Series 1 figs this way (minus the accessories).

Also, there is a LEGO calendar where you can get the Series 1 cheerleader and skater guy still available online.
US Lego site link

If your quest is to own them all there really is only one solution here i'm afraid ;)

If owning the minifigs is what you're really after. Funhouse is best of those 2 sets easily IMO. I've started going the route some here had gone. Paying high prices for some minifigs instead of buying a whole set. Sets are the better value if you want the bricks too, but at some point you'll run into space issues at home or lack of money. I usually buy from BrickLink as Ebay prices are usually way up there for minifigs.

If owning the minifigs is what you're really after. Funhouse is best of those 2 sets easily IMO. I've started going the route some here had gone. Paying high prices for some minifigs instead of buying a whole set. Sets are the better value if you want the bricks too, but at some point you'll run into space issues at home or lack of money. I usually buy from BrickLink as Ebay prices are usually way up there for minifigs.

I am missing series 3,4,5 and 6 in their entirety, is there a cheaper way for me of getting them than bricklinking each minifigure separately?

R-User!

Just wondering if anyone here owns the Super Heroes Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set and what they thought of it. Torn between that set and Batwing Battle Over Gotham City as my next target in my quest to own all of the Super Hero sets. Loving the minifig selection in the Funhouse, but still lusting over the all black Batman minifig in the Batwing set...

My son "owns" it, and it is an excellent playset for 40 bucks!!

5 Minifigs! Joker, Harle Quinn, The Riddler, Batman, and Robin!

A Bat Cycle, and lots of fun actions to play with. Highly recommended!

R-User!

I am with you on this. I'm lucky that my wife is completely oblivious to things around the house (she's otherwise very smart).

She knew I'd bought my daughters a handful of minifigs and just assumes that the...(quick calculation)...one hundred and eighteen I have on a shelf in the basement just came from "somewhere".

August: Zombie car, swamp creature, mummy etc. etc. Oh yeah these all came with the Castle we got our daughter don't you remember?

September: Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ? Oh I found it at a salvation army store for $5.

October: That Winter Toy Shop? You don't remember me buying that in like April? Really?

November: All these superheroes? Yeah they come with those modular sets.

December: Y-Wing? Your memory is going sweetie. I bought that at Christmas last year.

Seeing this in writing is making me realized I'm a monster.

*puts left hand on your shoulder while facing you* PalaceBrother..................it's okay.

Coincidentally, I just got my box yesterday. I am in the states and ordered from Amazon France. Not sure why some items can be shipped or can't. Luckily, this was eligible to ship here. I've ordered some stuff from Amazon UK as well. It ended costing something like $2.50 per figure including shipping costs.

8409199722_1b9960d839.jpg

I can't tell from that pic since it only says "collect 16" but IS that a box of 60 figs then?

And how come Amazon doesn't have these themselves but only resellers? Also, can you get a full box like that at the official Lego store as well?

I can't tell from that pic since it only says "collect 16" but IS that a box of 60 figs then?

And how come Amazon doesn't have these themselves but only resellers? Also, can you get a full box like that at the official Lego store as well?

My Lego store is limiting the mini figs to 5 per customer

Speaking of trades, if anyone has an extra Voldemort minifig they'd part with I have a couple extra Indiana Jones minifigs. Kinda obscure I know, but let me know.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
It's payday, so after work I skipped to my local toyshop to pick up some more Series 9 figs, holding my dotcode reference sheet I made with my previous 3 purchases so I didn't get duplicates.
Imagine my surprise when, before I got out my sheet, the guy informed me that one of the girls who works there has pre-feeled and marked the baggies as to which are which!
Now I don't know what LEGO would think about that, but it certainly made me happy!

I couldn't remember which were the 'rare' ones, but I'm really digging the knight and the microfig Oscar!

I'm in the States :(

crap :(

I checked Bricklink and Indy's pretty damn expensive for the single figure, then you add shipping and it's starting to look grim already... Maybe i should try getting him in a cheap set on BL or something instead. Those damn minifigs!

I also want the Roman Soldier and the Spartan Warrior bad but these guys are super expensive unfortunately... They're not if you buy a whole set though for like 60+ euro :(

I have an extra Series 9 police man and a knight that I am willing to trade for any other S9 minifigures I don't have. I am in Canada

I also have an extra mermaid, evil robot, Pirate and cowgirl.

I have an extra Series 9 police man and a knight that I am willing to trade for any other S9 minifigures I don't have. I am in Canada

I also have an extra mermaid, evil robot, Pirate and cowgirl.

Fuck those regional issues, if i was in Canada, i'd trade you my extra judge, plumber or roller girl for that knight!!! :(

I am actually currently looking at buying a complete series 6 set from some guy on BL! The thing is: he is selling it for 2.50 a pop, so just HOW does he actually make a profit on this? there isn't much to gain from shipping i imagine so where does his profit come from? He couldn't have bought them for THAT much less since 2.50 is the official price or was it 2.49?

Fuck those regional issues, if i was in Canada, i'd trade you my extra judge, plumber or roller girl for that knight!!! :(

I am actually currently looking at buying a complete series 6 set from some guy on BL! The thing is: he is selling it for 2.50 a pop, so just HOW does he actually make a profit on this? there isn't much to gain from shipping i imagine so where does his profit come from? He couldn't have bought them for THAT much less since 2.50 is the official price or was it 2.49?

Oh man, I would have also taken that Judge and roller girl from your hands as well :(

I am also in need of Series 6 minifigures but having them shipped from Europe would be too much, I'll guess I'll eventually BL from a Canadian seller.

It is a full box of 60. Possibly Amazon is out of stock so only resellers show up. In the states, Amazon doesn't or can't sell whole boxes. Not sure.

My LEGO store limits you to 16, but I have read a person was able to buy a whole box from a LEGO store.

It's payday, so after work I skipped to my local toyshop to pick up some more Series 9 figs, holding my dotcode reference sheet I made with my previous 3 purchases so I didn't get duplicates.
Imagine my surprise when, before I got out my sheet, the guy informed me that one of the girls who works there has pre-feeled and marked the baggies as to which are which!
Now I don't know what LEGO would think about that, but it certainly made me happy!

I couldn't remember which were the 'rare' ones, but I'm really digging the knight and the microfig Oscar!

White Fang on Eurobricks gets a box early and does a great review. He also listed his box distribution.
REVIEW: 71000 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9

8208290842_e5643fe796_o.jpg

I'm groping my box right now and will post if it's different than above.

leng jai

The Funhouse set is actually pretty mediocre if you discount the minifigs. It's also highly annoying to display due to the length of the ramp.

ghostmind

Thanks for the offer, but I have a full run of Series 1 to 8, and the Team GB set.

I'm looking for 6 of Series 9 to finish that up.

I have a half-dozen extra S9 figs. I will tally them up tonight and offer them up for trade in the USA or Canada.

I might be interested, but I only have an extra knight and a policeman if you're interested let me know.

From series 9 I am missing: Cyclops, Hollywood Starlet, Roller Girl, Fortune Teller, Judge, Battle Mech and Mr. Good an Evil, if you have those and you're willing to sell them for cheap, I could paypal you.

Let me know

hym

Banned
This is a peculiar LEGO story
http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2013-01-23/46629/Turks_Declare_Star_Wars_on_Lego

Turks living in Austria are calling for a boycott of Lego products after accusing it of encouraging racial hatred and prejudice.

They are furious about the Lego Jabba the Hut set which they say is modelled on a holy Muslim temple and it is sacrilege to include a machine gun inside or to populate it with criminals. On its webpage the organisation asks in German "what a Lego recommending parents buy as a Christmas gift – the answer is pure racism."

The official complaint came after a father contacted the Turkish Cultural Community in Austria after spotting the Lego Star Wars range in a toy shop at Christmas.

And after investigating Dr. Melissa Günes, General Secretary of the Turkish Cultural Community, confirmed that Lego had been contacted with an official complaint and that the toy store had been forced to swap the offending building blocks that the organisation claimed in fact insulted Muslims because they were in reality copies of a mosque and a minaret.

On the community's website outraged Muslims have slammed the toy producer for being totally insensitive toward religion and for contextual errors in the toy aimed at indoctrinating children against Muslims.

The allegations include the fact that a watchtower and model of Jabba the Hut's palace are in fact exact replicas of the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and the mosque Jami al-Kabir in Beirut - and of a minaret.

The organisation adds that Jabba’s palace in Star Wars is populated by (pseudo-Buddhist) monks, the terrorist Jabba the Hut loves to smoke water pipes and have his victims executed, and concludes that: "It is apparent that, for the figure of the repulsive bad guy Jabba and the whole scenery, racial prejudices and hidden suggestions against Orientals and Asians were used as deceitful and criminal personalities (slaveholders, leaders of criminal organizations, terrorists, criminals, murderers, human sacrifice).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...racial-hatred-with-Jabba-the-Hutt-palace.html
lego_embed_1660062a.jpg

jabbas+palace.jpg

They really gave this a lot of thought when deciding they were offended by it, I would like to remind them how the Christian Byzantine Architects might have felt but shrug the resemblance just ain't there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

ghostmind

OK, my son claimed a couple for himself, so I only have 4 S9 left:

2 x Caesar
1 x Policeman
1 x Cyclops

I am looking for:

Actress, Plumber, Forest Maiden, Fortune Teller, Mech, and Mr. Good-and-Evil

Nitemare1

I work in an industrial environment and I've heard some pretty jarring sounds over the years.
crashing, grinding and bending steel and such. However, nothing will ever haunt my dreams like the sound this made after about 3 hours of sorting!

sortFail_zpsfaaa9ad4.jpg

I work in an industrial environment and I've heard some pretty jarring sounds over the years.
crashing, grinding and bending steel and such. However, nothing will ever haunt my dreams like the sound this made after about 3 hours of sorting!

Sadness. Small pieces too. Better check everywhere, LEGO pieces have magical properties that teleport them further than you expect.

Sadness. Small pieces too. Better check everywhere, LEGO pieces have magical properties that teleport them further than you expect.

Not only further than you expect, but somehow always into hiding and not in the opening. If I drop a piece, it never stays in the open. It ALWAYS goes under the table or couch.

Nitemare1

Spent some time on my hands and knees with a flashlight. I think I got it all. Until one of those 1x2 plates with the hinge parts on it turns up under foot. This carpet feels like a minefield right now. I just know I'm going to hit something!

Top Bottom