• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Ah, the UCS X-wing has finally been unveiled (well.. leaked). Well, that's one down. Too bad it isn't the rumored trench-style kit.

EDIT: looks like the wings work without elastic bands - that would be a nice upgrade

EDIT2: now at least there is some hope for a new version of the UCS Falcon in a few years

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Need to see the x-wing next to its little brother before deciding. It's my favourite SW ship but it needs to be special to justify that price.

Next up, Millennium falcon UCS please lego.

Need to see the x-wing next to its little brother before deciding. It's my favourite SW ship but it needs to be special to justify that price.

Next up, Millennium falcon UCS please lego.

Looking at the measurements on the box, it seems to be about twice the size of the last X-Wing regular model.

And what was the price again?

Home after a 140 mile round trip drive to the LEGO store. Time to start this sucker!

BDK49WmCEAA43nk.jpg

Go even bigger, UCS set of the Podracer Arena and every single podracer from Episode 1!

Would a UCS based on the prequels sell very well?

I'd imagine that adults are the primary audience for sets of that magnitude, and Episodes 1 - 3 aren't exactly beloved by that demographic.

Looking at the measurements on the box, it seems to be about twice the size of the last X-Wing regular model.

And what was the price again?

You're right...it's about twice as large. I hadn't even considered that. $249 CDN is the price, so probably $199 USD.

No kill like overkill!

Got tons of 1x10 white bricks, and a bunch of 1x16 ones as well. Plenty to make a very large building on that new 48x48 plate. I will be taking down my Corner Florist moc for more parts. That MOC is lacking compared to my others, so it must be put out of its misery.

The PAB wall also had clear orange cheese slopes, windshields (didnt get those though), and 1x2 white bricks with a clip on the side. I did stock up on more foliage and TONS of flower stems. They also had red AND white flowers to go with the stems. The red bin was teasing me because there were random pink ones in there. Wish they had more.

I did not spend a lot of time packing the cup neatly. I was in a rush to beat traffic, so just crammed four cups as fast as I could, so it was not maximized, but still worth it.

Oh man seeing that baseplate pack just gave me flashbacks to a Christmas where my folks gave me a few of those. Nice pickups dude!

EDIT: Just noticed your cat checking everything out haha

The big question is do I build Winter Cottage now (well, after Palace Cinema of course), or leave it boxed for next holiday season. I know if I build it now it will just go right back into my parts collection, and I want to keep it for the season. But I really want to build it...and I dont want to actually have a back log for the first time ever.

The big question is do I build Winter Cottage now (well, after Palace Cinema of course), or leave it boxed for next holiday season. I know if I build it now it will just go right back into my parts collection, and I want to keep it for the season. But I really want to build it...and I dont want to actually have a back log for the first time ever.

Save it.

My wife gave me the Bakery last month (didn't open it), and now I have the Cottage that I'll build this November/December with the kids. The Winter Village sets have so many little "Christmasy" details that I think you'd do yourself a disservice by not building during the season.

I have to nab that Post Office, and soon.

Dat red plate!

EDIT: Also comes with a green Brick Separator, just like Horizon Express. Guess green is the go to color for them this year. Good. My pile of orange ones were feeling lonely.

I'd imagine that adults are the primary audience for sets of that magnitude, and Episodes 1 - 3 aren't exactly beloved by that demographic.

You're right...it's about twice as large. I hadn't even considered that. $249 CDN is the price, so probably $199 USD.

True but while many may hate the prequels, a lot of people certainly liked the Podracing, that was one of the best parts of the film. And there was so much variety in the Podracers, I think it'd look nice.

ghostmind

I would think it quite possible that the Falcon would be present in the upcoming trilogy. If so, that might motivate LEGO to release a UCS model sooner than later.

If you consider it took 13 years to get a new version of the UCS X-wing, it'll be 2020 before we get the Falcon.

As Ghostmind said, especially with the new rumors of Harrison Ford returning as Han Solo it's very likely the Millennium Falcon will be in Star Wars VII as well, presenting the perfect opportunity for Lego to refresh the Falcon UCS.

because we all need another R2-D2 minifig...

Surprisingly I am not at all interested in the UCS X-Wing. Something about the proportions does not look right, and the colors seem weird as well. Also, the artoo unit is not to scale, unlike the much sexier Jedi Starfighter UCS ship. Add to that how fantastic the normal X-Wing is...

I'm kind of relieved, to be honest, at least for my wallet's sake.

Really hoping for a new UCS Millennium Falcon in the near future.

Partway through the first floor, and a pretty cool build so far. You can tell it is the same designer as Town Hall though. The way she uses more 1x1 and 1x8 bricks to achieve things where Jamie would use corner bricks and 1x6 more often.

Also, interesting new technique for a spiral staircase. Very similar to how it is done in Pet Shop, but using 2x4 tiles braced against armrest pieces instead of 1x4 with a stud underneath. Kind of hard to explain until you build both, but interesting new technique.

Also, this building goes all the way to the back corner of the plate. No exposed back corner. I think this is the first official modular without a secondary exit, isn't it?

Huh, a bit lackluster. Almost looks like something out of Monster Fighters.

If only it were that cool or well put together.

Not sure if this was posted yet; UCS X-Wing = US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK

I can handle that, got £60 in VIP's and a little longer to boost that a little.

I've got the original UCS X-Wing but I am pleased this is coming out, the new wing mech looks really good and although I'll need to extend the nose a little I don't mind if it means we're more likely to get a remade UCS Falcon.

I got it because it's a great deal & I want to have all four Winter Holiday sets
10173 does not exist. 10173 does not exist.
before 2013's Christmas set comes out.

On a related note, the staff did confirm that Winter Post Office is officially retired. I'm not sure if we had confirmation on that before.

Hold the hell up. I had the money to buy one winter village set this year. I bought the oldest extant one, which the internet tells me is the bakery, assuming it was gonna be out of print after this season. If they retire the second oldest one instead I'm gonna throw a hissy fit. The only reason I'm not throwing one now is because the serenity of working on grand emporium is still flooding my soul from earlier today.

rataven

Except all the vehicles for MF were pretty cool...most of them that is!

Oh, I agree. Monster Fighters is one of my favorite lines. This just doesn't look like it fits stylistically with the modulars very well. Wish it were a little more sleek. I think a roof and dark tinted windows would have made it look more Hollywood.

Oh, I agree. Monster Fighters is one of my favorite lines. This just doesn't look like it fits stylistically with the modulars very well. Wish it were a little more sleek. I think a roof and dark tinted windows would have made it look more Hollywood.

Whyyyyy are there not more sets :( I'd love it if they started doing annual halloween sets akin to the winter village line.

The nose detail and such of the new X-Wing look much better, really glad to see this one coming up again. So yea guess hope for reissues of the Falcon and ISD are in the cards now for the future... maybe.'

I'd imagine that adults are the primary audience for sets of that magnitude, and Episodes 1 - 3 aren't exactly beloved by that demographic..

The Jedi starfighter UCS was a prequel based set, and it really seemed to be the worst selling one since lot of places put it on clearance pricing eventually unlike most UCS sets

because we all need another R2-D2 minifig...

Surprisingly I am not at all interested in the UCS X-Wing. Something about the proportions does not look right, and the colors seem weird as well. Also, the artoo unit is not to scale, unlike the much sexier Jedi Starfighter UCS ship. Add to that how fantastic the normal X-Wing is...

I'm kind of relieved, to be honest, at least for my wallet's sake.

Really hoping for a new UCS Millennium Falcon in the near future.

The proportions even the R2 part are far more accurate to the film than the cheapo set.

R-User!

I want a Tie Bomber UCS. Please Lego!

How about a UCS Coruscant! With Jedi Temple, Padme's apt, Jedi Archive Library (with those cool ancient Jedi Busts and the Bar where Zam Wessel loses her hand (Jedi business, go back to you drinks!), and Palpatines Hideout.

Includes 25 Minifigures!

Ok I'm done dreaming!

Top Bottom