• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Looking for to trade for:

Series 6 figs:
Minataur
Statue of Liberty
Alien
Leprechaun
Robot
or Genie

Series 7:
Swimmer
or Little Red Riding hood.

Series 8
Football player
Conquistador
Skater
Business Man
Downhill Skiier
or Diver

I have to trade:
Pretzel Man and I think that's it... :/

If I had a larger selection of doubles I would offer them up, but I've become a good minifig identifier so I dont really end up with doubles.

If I had a larger selection of doubles I would offer them up, but I've become a good minifig identifier so I dont really end up with doubles.

This is true. From about September - November I felt up series 2-7 (and subsequently 8 & 9) in their entirety. I've gotten really good at it.

Lots of kids in my family got CMFs in their stockings this year and all of the children came to me to identify them that evening. Even a few beers deep I went 20/20.

So many levels of shame.

DJ_Lae

That doesn't sound right. I've had several of my orders ship already using that code. You can stack the LEGO Star Wars Umbaran poly bag for FREE if your order is over $30 before you apply the coupon. Remember this is only on regular priced LEGO.

My sonic boom just shipped this morning. I recall the poly bag appeared in my order before I entered the code but disappeared after - not sure if I was supposed to re-enter it manually or what, as I have two orders, both over $30 even after the discount.

Don't really care either way, I suppose, but free Lego is free Lego.

ghostmind

Series 10 is released! At least in Hungary so far...

ahz9NVl.jpg

jMd69aQ.jpg

(from Brickset)

MOxBLEM.jpg

You want this guy from Series 3.

Get a bunch of Series 10 catchers, and a bunch of Series 3 batters, swap out the gloves on some of them, maybe change a few faces, and you have yourself a baseball game.

Oooooh. I wonder how expensive that figure is to come by. Getting enough figures for a game would cool. Make a MOC ball park.

Actually, I am surprised they haven't made that a City set yet. Firefighters vs. Police Charity Ball Game. Make it a small city park field, and load it with mini figures.

R-User!

Oh, if I wanted to go nuts and do that it would be fun. Dont know if I have enough bricks in my backlog to pull something that big off.

Perhaps a future project. Make a nice baseball field. Of course, it is the perfect season to do it.

How long will the Brickmax Cinema be up in your estimate?

How long will the Brickmax Cinema be up in your estimate?

I still need to finish it. There is no interior detail on the second floor at the moment, and I wanted to add HVAC units to the roof. Still trying to figure out how to build the lettering for a sign on the outside with the parts I have.

As for MOCs, I still have my Cafe and Corner Bookstore MOCs from last spring and summer built. As much as I love them, it may be time for them to go away. Looking at the progression I made between those and the Mansion i built, I think I can do a lot better.

I like the paint roller too.

Paint roller was part of my favorite part of Pet Shop.

R-User!

I still need to finish it. There is no interior detail on the second floor at the moment, and I wanted to add HVAC units to the roof. Still trying to figure out how to build the lettering for a sign on the outside with the parts I have.

As for MOCs, I still have my Cafe and Corner Bookstore MOCs from last spring and summer built. As much as I love them, it may be time for them to go away. Looking at the progression I made between those and the Mansion i built, I think I can do a lot better.

Paint roller was part of my favorite part of Pet Shop.

My Cinema hasn't been coming along the last couple weeks due to the whole family being sick, and my ambitions seem to grow bigger everyday, and it feels like ill never be able to bring the project to complete fruition, but that being said.... I WILL finish this project!!!

suplex

Nice.

Just ordered the Creator jet (sonic boom I think) for $55, even more of a steal considering I haven't seen it in stores for ages.

Shipping to the US kinda killed the deal, but it was still a few dollars cheaper than amazon, and I've been looking for sonic boom forever, so I jumped on it.

Hopefully it actually gets here, unlike the two times I tried ordering it from Amazon UK.

R-User!

Was not expecting that. Was walking out with the intention of buying nothing when I saw a stack of Minecraft sets mixed with the Architecture stuff. Had to snag it.

You reminded me of something...

Edit: ... I saw a Minecraft Set around Christmas time last year, before I really wanted one, and it was the last one on the shelf... since then, I haven't seen it since; and I am trying to get my local B&N to hold one for me if it comes in because every time I've gone in there since I've been looking for it to be there and it hasn't.

Congrats on finding one! Enjoy the build and the parts!

My LotR/Hobbit stuff still isn't here after nine days (international shipping though) so I spent the evening tearing down my old mashup and rebuilding five space sets:

47JxlTO.jpg

I actually managed to get almost everything together, with only a handful of missing parts that I'll probably bricklink.

I like them all for various reasons. The fighter is just a cool little ship, while the bigger freighter ship has some neat springed wings. The rolling base was obviously something special with all the modular variations as well as the mega-train form, and also a ton of useful space bricks. But I think I like the walker the most, it had a cool gimmick with the legs, it had loads of cool details and the rather unique cockpit design. Of the later ships, I liked Space Police and Blacktron I, but I only have one more Blacktron ship that I intend to rebuild. After that I got loads of smaller pieces from the various newer space sets.

I just wonder why every damn ship needed to have a droid with it? There's nowhere to store them!

Was not expecting that. Was walking out with the intention of buying nothing when I saw a stack of Minecraft sets mixed with the Architecture stuff. Had to snag it.

You reminded me of something...

Edit: ... I saw a Minecraft Set around Christmas time last year, before I really wanted one, and it was the last one on the shelf... since then, I haven't seen it since; and I am trying to get my local B&N to hold one for me if it comes in because every time I've gone in there since I've been looking for it to be there and it hasn't.

Congrats on finding one! Enjoy the build and the parts!

It is widely available now, even from LEGO itself:

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Minecraft-21102

It's a very cool little set though and definitely worth the $35 (or $32 apparently!). I've thought about getting another one.

R-User!

.....and a Ballgame broke out!!!

*noise of the crowd* hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
8YYLqUsl.jpg

Everyone is nervous waiting for the pitch! The batter's team is down a run in the bottom of the ninth!
MFGY3CVl.jpg

The Rockers are Rocking!
brEhvogl.jpg

Behind the plate cam!
pgjNo7cl.jpg

Enjoying the game!
D3l8hrBl.jpg

Rarrgghh Basebarrrhghhlll
ef7JEjcl.jpg

Hold still!!! I'm trying to shoot the game Cave Troll!!!
6Z7um8Fl.jpg

Look sir! Droids!
NS0rYTZl.jpg

I gots this base stolen!
ROe3RKLl.jpg

Porkins: "I've got a problem here!"
ohM3TQ0l.jpg

*A confident grin on the pitcher*
ggaWQtxl.jpg

sigh *It is so hard to balance for a whole game like this...* :/
sTvjNeTl.jpg

*The sun begins to set*
tN9OEoql.jpg

A new friendship is formed...
wQ8142ml.jpg

The batter forgot his lucky hat... the count is 3 balls 2 strikes...
dCJrCewl.jpg

And the pitch...
50A5pyql.jpg

It's a Homerun!!!!! The Rockers win the Championship!!!
vuW2ox2l.jpg

This was really fun to throw together! It took about 20-30 minutes to create and 20-30 minutes to shoot it and upload... :)

^ that's a really funny post when images are blocked at work!

HA!

I laughed out loud.

My LotR/Hobbit stuff still isn't here after nine days (international shipping though) so I spent the evening tearing down my old mashup and rebuilding five space sets:

Love seeing the classic space stuff!

You got me thinking about this little guy:
5097934.jpg

Looks like it's been used three times in the last 14 years! It needs to make a comeback.

DJ_Lae

5097934.jpg

Looks like it's been used three times in the last 14 years! It needs to make a comeback.

Love that piece. I have a ton of them in my old bins, I think - mostly white and grey, but probably some blue ones as well.

jet1911

Bought the Heavy-lift Helicopter from Chapters. I also bought two minifigures from HMV (my GF works there, 2.16$ each lol), I got the footballer and the conquistador. :)

HA!

I laughed out loud.

5097934.jpg

Actually, I was searching like crazy for grey ones tonight... until I realized that I had already picked them out. I have a bunch of black ones too for another set that I may rebuild as well. They're useful for space stuff... weird that they haven't been used much.

On the other hand, I doubt the space engine piece (back of my two older ships) sees much use either, or the big corner walls on the mobile base.

Bought an amazon-warehouse warg attack because weathertop has made me reckless with sets I was previously marginal on, and because I'm a sucker for natural scenery. Rocks and trees in lego form bring me odd amounts of satisfaction. It arrived today but i don't get to build it for a few days.

Click it. Oops, I misread it and thought you said "help me".

Largest North American lot on Bricklink for the S3 Baseball player is about $4 each, if you buy a lot of 10.

I'm not interested in getting some, but does that include the baseball bat? Many sell complete sets as well as minifigure only.

Not sure if they still do, but they used to put the baseball torsos and legs in the Build-A-Minifig bins in LEGO stores.

Whaaaaaaa? Minecraft set in store at BN ? $31.50 with membership? So buying it right this instant.

Whoa! Hoping they keep churning those out and they show up at more BN. 20+% coupon would go great with that set.

.....and a Ballgame broke out!!!

*noise of the crowd* hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
8YYLqUsl.jpg

This was really fun to throw together! It took about 20-30 minutes to create and 20-30 minutes to shoot it and upload... :)

Nice one!

hahah this isn't QUITE what i imagined (would be even better if the Emissary would say "Too expensive, this is madness!!!" first) but hey it's pretty awesome nonetheless, i'll take it! Thanks man :)))))

well you have to be more specific in your instructions next time :p
I might be bored enough this weekend ;)

BioHazard

ha that is one huge bat

http://i.imgur.com/47JxlTO.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have links to those sets on brickset? I would like to try and see if I can eBay some of them

Top Bottom