• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

If I continue to build the Death Star at the rate I am, it will take me as long as the construction time of the original Death Star.

Be careful, Emperor Palpatine might make unscheduled visit to check on your progress and you might have to double your effort.

On another note, man Off Topic Gaf is pretty depressing place. I think I will just hang out in here even if it destroys my wallet.

I am in love with the new Galaxy Squad ... those neon and clear parts are just so alluring.

K5IHQf6l.jpg

R-User!

So is it OFFICIAL for the next contest? Fierce Flyer? Also, what do people think about the right to restrict how far, or how much money, one would be willing to ship/spend on their prize entry gift? I want to be able to keep giving gifts for each contest, but if it'll potentially cost me 20-30 bucks to ship outside of the U.S., then that unfortunately would prohibit me from being able to do it every time. :/

neonglow

So is it OFFICIAL for the next contest? Fierce Flyer? Also, what do people think about the right to restrict how far, or how much money, one would be willing to ship/spend on their prize entry gift? I want to be able to keep giving gifts for each contest, but if it'll potentially cost me 20-30 bucks to ship outside of the U.S., then that unfortunately would prohibit me from being able to do it every time. :/

I think others have restricted prizes to only be shipped within the same country.

When do you guys think the next contest will happen? Since I have Fierce Flyer already, I'm gonna tinker with it.

rallaren

Just finished building:

Insane! Best build so far. Lego technic level of time consumed. Wings aren't my favorite part of construction though
, and they were in 4 of the 6 bags
but they are still awesome wings.

Super cool main minifig perfect for the ship. The way you have to make one of the figs to fit in the back compartment was hilarious, in the instruction manual and all (couldn't they have fixed that? :S).

I haven't watched Clone Wars nor played The Old Republic and, since I feel that it's something you should have with these sets, am kinda bummed out of not having done so.

Draxal

Just finished building:

Insane! Best build so far. Lego technic level of time consumed. Wings aren't my favorite part of construction though
. They are still awesome wings.

Super cool main minifig perfect for the ship. The way you have to make one of the figs to fit in the back compartment was hilarious, in the instruction manual and all (couldn't they have fixes that? :S).

I haven't watched Clone Wars nor played The Old Republic. I'm kinda bummed out about that.

Yeah it's my favorite build. The only thing I don't like about the set is that the sith troopers don't have the printed legs that they do in the comic and the army builder set. (I brick linked 2 printed legs from the army builder set).

Marko723

Neo Member
My sonic boom just shipped this morning. I recall the poly bag appeared in my order before I entered the code but disappeared after - not sure if I was supposed to re-enter it manually or what, as I have two orders, both over $30 even after the discount.

Don't really care either way, I suppose, but free Lego is free Lego.

I had to add mine manually to the cart.

Be careful, Emperor Palpatine might make unscheduled visit to check on your progress and you might have to double your effort.

On another note, man Off Topic Gaf is pretty depressing place. I think I will just hang out in here even if it destroys my wallet.

I am in love with the new Galaxy Squad ... those neon and clear parts are just so alluring.

K5IHQf6l.jpg

I really like the dark red color a lot as well as many of the newer colors. Only thing I don't like about the newer colors are that means having to buy more LEGO to get those colors in the pieces I want.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Weathertop, Unexpected Gathering, and VW Camper are perfect lil desk displays too. :)

Ha, don't tempt me! Every time someone mentions the VW Camper I think about how much fun that would be to put together and have on my desk. Trying to stick to the cheaper sets while I'm saving though. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Iron Man sets for the minifigs (more than likely the Extremis Sea Port Battle as it has War Machine too) and then try and hold back for a while, otherwise my desk will get covered in LEGO. Besides, if I start on the LotR/Hobbit sets then I'll probably never stop. Same reason I haven't got much Star Wars stuff despite loving the franchise/sets.

Ha, don't tempt me! Every time someone mentions the VW Camper I think about how much fun that would be to put together and have on my desk. Trying to stick to the cheaper sets while I'm saving though. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Iron Man sets for the minifigs (more than likely the Extremis Sea Port Battle as it has War Machine too) and then try and hold back for a while, otherwise my desk will get covered in LEGO. Besides, if I start on the LotR/Hobbit sets then I'll probably never stop. Same reason I haven't got much Star Wars stuff despite loving the franchise/sets.
Not to stoke it too much, but Shelob is cheap and a nice display piece. Very poseable and cool. Same with Lex Luthor Power Armor. If you are wanting cheaper sets for desk displays.

Adding to PhoncipleBone's list, those $15-$25 Creator sets are pretty sweet too. $30 Lone Ranger stage coach is a must have too, best value for the 2 main chars with an awesome stagecoach, 3 other good minifigs, and 3 new poseable horses! Great for display and play!

You can thank this LEGO thread emptying your wallet.

http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?year=2013&theme=Creator

Some highlights in that price range.
31004 Fierce Flyer
31006 Highway Speedster
31007 Power Mech
31008 Thunder Wings

Just because it's so amazing to look at.
79108-1.jpg

You need this one too. $20
76004-1.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Not to stoke it too much, but Shelob is cheap and a nice display piece. Very poseable and cool. Same with Lex Luthor Power Armor. If you are wanting cheaper sets for desk displays.

Yeah, I looked at the Power Armour set when someone recommended it to me a while back in here, but as I'm in the UK the sets are 50% more expensive so I tend to pick and choose a bit more. I might see if I can find it at a discount, like the Chopper. Would fit in pretty well with my Super Hero theme i've got going on here though...

Yeah, I looked at the Power Armour set when someone recommended it to me a while back in here, but as I'm in the UK the sets are 50% more expensive so I tend to pick and choose a bit more. I might see if I can find it at a discount, like the Chopper. Would fit in pretty well with my Super Hero theme i've got going on here though...
And then it would become Deadpool's Power Armor.

Just finished building:

but they are still awesome wings.

Super cool main minifig perfect for the ship. The way you have to make one of the figs to fit in the back compartment was hilarious, in the instruction manual and all (couldn't they have fixed that? :S).

I haven't watched Clone Wars nor played The Old Republic and, since I feel that it's something you should have with these sets, am kinda bummed out of not having done so.

I've really liked all the TOR sets. The Striker Fighter is really nice too. Supposed to be getting another TOR set around Aug or so with the Jedi Defender ship.

rallaren

I've really liked all the TOR sets. The Striker Fighter is really nice too. Supposed to be getting another TOR set around Aug or so with the Jedi Defender ship.
I've been sniffing around alot as usual and it seems as if I've hit a wall with this Sith Fury set. There's no better basically. The ~750 brick range is good. I'll keep an eye out.

DJ_Lae

I should check my Walmart.

Usually their clearance prices are insultingly bad (maybe 10-15% off, which doesn't even bring the sets in line with US MSRP) but occasionally there's a good deal.

I mean, I picked up five little Duplo police bikes before Christmas for $3 apiece and they had some older Lego buckets for $8 at one point too. Good source of weird coloured pieces (the girls buckets in particular) as well as brick separators.

rallaren

I can't stand how they've put the droids sideways in some of the -wing sets. Like the cruicial X-wing for instance. WTF Lego!

And why is that freaking Gungan sub in my face all the time?

So, if you would like to pick a side and haven't voted yet, there is a fun Poll over on the Gaming side. The issue is whether or not Joakim Mogren is CG or Real!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524364

Take a look and drop a vote!

And if you are TeamCG, thanks for voting!!! :)

I read some of that the other day. People are insane, but I guess speculation is fun.

Edit: I didn't mean that pejoratively toward you, R-User.

Edit #2: LEGO!

UUOh4Mch.jpg

What is this "Brick Built" branding on the box? Is this authorized? From this Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/1aheab/2_guys_from_iowa_are_using_60000_bricks_to_make_a/

jet1911

I saw the "Sebulba podracer in a Tatooine ball" set on clearence today. I think I'll have to buy a couple more of thse, they are great. :)

R-User!

Phonciple, whats the name of the App you use on your iPhone to upload pics to imgur? Didn't you say that you use an App sometimes? Thanks.

R-User!

I use Picup.

Does that work through imgur, or do you have to create an online Picup account? I would like to minimize spreading my pictures between different hosting sites so that they are all centralized in case I ever want to post a picture again I don't have to jump around from site to site... If that makes sense...

Does that work through imgur, or do you have to create an online Picup account? I would like to minimize spreading my pictures between different hosting sites so that they are all centralized in case I ever want to post a picture again I don't have to jump around from site to site... If that makes sense...

It works through imugr. No account needed.

Usually upload pics from my phone to the computer then to imgur. Sometimes when it is only two pics or so I just use the imgur site on my phone. I shall look into the apps others listed. Curious as to good ones.

And constructing the first wing of Sith Fury. Very neat so far.

2lYMmDEl.jpg

I love mech and LEGO should make more mech set. Vermin Vaporizer is awesome vehicle especially with detachable mech. Oh and you guys convince me to get Ninjago Fire Mech. I have been looking at it but this week sale just convince me there could never be enough mech.

QhAD4Anl.jpg

ghostmind

2lYMmDEl.jpg

I love mech and LEGO should make more mech set. Vermin Vaporizer is awesome vehicle especially with detachable mech. Oh and you guys convince me to get Ninjago Fire Mech. I have been looking at it but this week sale just convince me there could never be enough mech.

QhAD4Anl.jpg

I love LEGO mechs - here are a few more to watch for!

Kz3m9Bg.jpg

9448 Samurai Mech

65uvdGf.jpg

from 70505 Temple of Light

GRkS7le.jpg

upcoming 70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech

Picked up the new A-Wing and the Series 2 X-Wing and Yavin 4 set.

My LEGO store is kind of lame. They only really keep the newest sets in stock and once they sell out of older stuff they don't order more in. I had to order the X-Wing through the online store. Thankfully if you do that at the LEGO store, they waive the shipping charges.

It is a pretty small store though, so I guess it makes sense.

Top Bottom