• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Thomasnoki

Neo Member
It is all around my working place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68sd0UuzHLM
http://www.timessquare.com.hk/eng/
DSC_0118.jpg

680471_10151190976929130_1031966809_o.jpg

665476_10151188042134130_785565003_o.jpg

615456_10151190977484130_1032422429_o.jpg

wetwired

I've been to 2 targets in Brisbane in the past few days and both have been stripped pretty bare of Lego. One was half cleaned out and the other seemed to be but to try and hide it they spread duplicates of the same sets across the shelves instead of deep like they usually do.

I've been to 2 targets in Brisbane in the past few days and both have been stripped pretty bare of Lego. One was half cleaned out and the other seemed to be but to try and hide it they spread duplicates of the same sets across the shelves instead of deep like they usually do.

Same down here mate. Been bare for a few weeks now. Just itching for some new sets.

What is the cheapest way to get Vader and/or Yoda (original trilogy) in a set? I have seen the Millenium Falcon for 130 bucks in a store but that is too much for me right now...

Fowler

What is the cheapest way to get Vader and/or Yoda (original trilogy) in a set? I have seen the Millenium Falcon for 130 bucks in a store but that is too much for me right now...

No Yoda in the Falcon either! Was kinda surprised the Falcon included Vader and not C3PO and R2D2, but getting the Escape Pod set solved that.

The TIE fighter is awesome. I think the design is much cooler, albeit simpler, than the X-Wing. Building it makes me want to buy the Malgus's ship.

factorybelt

Neo Member

Both of those guys are in either out of production or expensive sets. If you just want the figs, you can try the secondary market to save some dough (eBay, bricklink, etc).

iuuk

If anyone was still interested in my tie fighter stands, I've got a new camera, so at last I can make some useful pictures:

It's basically a smaller version of the Imperial shuttle stand, only with a 2x2 smooth brick on a 4x2 flat brick at the base, since I'm limited in my choice of bricks. It turned out to be a stronger fit than the 2 technic plugs. It's most definitely open for a lot of improvement.

I went to another toy shop today, same Hobbit prices as the other one. I spotted a Queen Anne's Revenge though, but I'm not sure it's worth $170, especially since I don't particularly care for PotC anyway.

ruxtpin

Banned
So what would be my best option for obtaining a large number of gray bricks for MOCing my own castle? I'm thinking lots of sloped gray pieces for rock formations, and then a large mix of dark and light grey non-sloped bricks.

The S@H ordering thing or bricklink store? I looked at my local Lego store and they don't have much in the way of the sloped bricks that I need (at least not on display).

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So what would be my best option for obtaining a large number of gray bricks for MOCing my own castle? I'm thinking lots of sloped gray pieces for rock formations, and then a large mix of dark and light grey non-sloped bricks.

The S@H ordering thing or bricklink store? I looked at my local Lego store and they don't have much in the way of the sloped bricks that I need (at least not on display).

Direct from Lego or Bricklink would be my suggestions. Unless you get lucky on a PAB wall.

While Christmas shopping, I stumbled across a toy store with many of the Atlantis and Prince of Persia sets at MSRP or lower. I am *definitely* going back there after Christmas to pick up the big underwater temple - which was $70 - at the very least. Not sure about the PoP sets or any of the other Atlantis stuff...anything in there I should be keeping an eye out for? What do you guys recommend?

Man, it took so much effort not to buy that temple on the spot. I hope it's still there next weekend.

edit: actually it doesn't look too hard to find these on Amazon at reasonable prices...hmmm...

ghostmind

Picked up the new "Battle of Hoth" set. I know I was hard on it earlier, but for only $50 it isn't bad - far better than the Echo Base.

Hero

Anybody have the Sith Fury-class Interceptor and can comment on it? I really like the design and aesthetics of the ship but haven't seen anybody talking about it.

Contemplating either this or a TIE Fighter to go along with my X-Wing and Millennium Falcon.

Anybody have the Sith Fury-class Interceptor and can comment on it? I really like the design and aesthetics of the ship but haven't seen anybody talking about it.

Contemplating either this or a TIE Fighter to go along with my X-Wing and Millennium Falcon.

I have one sitting sealed at home. Planning to build it next week. But if you're looking for a set to compliment your Falcon & X-wing, definitely get the 2012 TIE Fighter.

I only do classic Star Wars, with that said, that Sith Fury-class Interceptor sure looks cool as hell.
I also have X-Wing and Millennium Falcon, my next purchases will be TIE fighter, Y-Wing and A-Wing, I think those are the ones you should look for.

Hero

Yeah, I definitely plan on the Tie Fighter, Y Wing and A Wing at some point but this week on Target.com the Interceptor is 20% off and I can combine that with my GF's Target 10% discount plus 5% Red Card discount.

Went to Target to find the $5 Planet Series 1. No luck.

Did get 10 Series 5 and 10 Series 7 CMF for $37 at Meijer. I used the dot codes to try to minimise duplicates (I just wanted unique figures) but I have a feeling I will end up with a few anyway. I will either try to swap those or give them to my nephew.

Hit the Lego store in Tyson's Corner today while picking up some other stuff. Store was pretty ransacked. Looks like they had the Batman Bane Tumbler, but sold out. Lots of TMNT sets. No Arkham Asylum yet (darn) or series 9 minifigs.

I opened 5 of the Series 7 CMF bags and all are unique. (Surprisingly, also unique from two other Series 7 figs I already had). Will open the other 5 bags tomorrow.

The Black Knight looks awesome. (As does Evel Knievel).

(I can see how buying these could be addictive. There is this small rush like you get when scratching off a lottery code or something).

ghostmind

Wife just gave me a $50 Amazon gift card. Not sure what to buy. Guess ill wait for the 2013 sets to be released for sale.

Good call - you are down to 1-day shipping for delivery by Christmas anyway, might as well wait for the expanded 2013 selection.

EDIT: Looks like the Golden Dragon is up on Amazon - no delivery until the 31st though.

Another mystery Lego set under the tree. This one is smaller. No clues as to this one.
Think the one my in laws got is a Y Wing. I already have a Y wing. But, it is a lot of cool parts if it is that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah I'm really looking forward to that. Wish they'd given us a better look at the model in that video but I guess it's not finalised yet.

wetwired

5000.jpg

Wooo, 5000 votes, Halfway...only took a year :(

Any ideas for getting more exposure\votes?

I was thinking maybe sending one of them to a youtube lego review channel like The Brick Show to review, what do you guys think?

Top Bottom