• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

Ive never bought a Vita version of a LEGO game but I'm thinking about jumping in with this one. Are they usually well received and comparable to the console versions?

Handheld versions are really scales back compared to the console versions. Not to mention that DS/3DS us the lead platform and then ported to Vita. So adjust your expectations.

With that said, they're still fun games.

abundant

Ive never bought a Vita version of a LEGO game but I'm thinking about jumping in with this one. Are they usually well received and comparable to the console versions?
No. They're different games. One (Vita) is level based and the other has an open world hub. Consoles versions are better.

No, they aren't. Pretty sure they're just 3DS ports. Pick up the console or PC version instead.

MisterM

I'm downloading this now, I have to download through a VPN though as killing the VPN mid download causes the download to become suspended...might take a couple of hours...still better than three weeks though.

No, they aren't. Pretty sure they're just 3DS ports. Pick up the console or PC version instead.
No. They're different games. One (Vita) is level based and the other has an open world hub. Consoles versions are better.
Handheld versions are really scales back compared to the console versions. Not to mention that DS/3DS us the lead platform and then ported to Vita. So adjust your expectations.

With that said, they're still fun games.
Thanks guys. I think ill just hold off until the PS4 version drops in price.

Chairhome

Not sure if the other versions are like this, but the Wii U version contains a bonus DVD containing episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. Instead of a physical manual, it has a build guide for some kind of helijet (I think) if you own certain LEGO sets.

Has anyone played the vita version of this game? Going on vacation tomorrow and just want something to play on the plane. I hope this game doesn't blow completely on the vita.

Not sure if the other versions are like this, but the Wii U version contains a bonus DVD containing episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. Instead of a physical manual, it has a build guide for some kind of helijet (I think) if you own certain LEGO sets.

Could you post photos of that build guide?

Has anyone played the vita version of this game? Going on vacation tomorrow and just want something to play on the plane. I hope this game doesn't blow completely on the vita.

I would go in with different expectations and the game will be great. No open world, and it is a port of the 3DS version.

I'm waiting on a copy from Gamefly. But if you've seen footage of LEGO Batman 2 or LOTR for Vita, assume that's what we're in for.

Mine didn't. Just a game disc, and nothing in place of a manual.

I'm finding it weird that Spider-Man can't use the terminals for really smart characters, but Black Widow can.

womp

Can you please tell us if Wii U version allows a second player to use the U pad screen in multiplayer. I don't mean off TV play, but much like Sonic Racing can my son for instance have his own view of the game on the pad while I play off the TV at the same time?

Thanks. :)

I've been out of the loop on the past few installments on the Lego games, but I downloaded the demo for my 360 today and Marvel is coming off as a lot of fun. In the past I have always played a little of the games and then move on quickly, because they're always really easy and there is no challenge. Lego Marvel on the other hand, pulling from material that I am a big fan of, it may get a full purchase from me in the near future.

Question for any that may know. I bought this on Steam from GetGamesGo. I already have the key and have activated it in Steam. I know it isn't showing up since it doesn't get released, as far as I can tell, until 2:00 p.m. (ten minutes from now). I left my computer on and Steam open and left for work.

Should it automatically start downloading it, or because it wasn't even showing up yet, will I have to completely restart Steam for it to start downloading? I'm hoping to come home from work and be able to play it, but I'm afraid it won't even start downloading.

Chairhome

Can you please tell us if Wii U version allows a second player to use the U pad screen in multiplayer. I don't mean off TV play, but much like Sonic Racing can my son for instance have his own view of the game on the pad while I play off the TV at the same time?

My son wanted to play the new Toy Story playset on Disney Infinity, sorry! I'll try in a few minutes. Here's the build guide.

MisterM

I don't think it will auto download but if you get the Steam app for Android or iOS you can remotely install it through the app.

Yes.

I even took a picture to demonstrate:

P1xzFSI.jpg

I went to opposite ends of the same room to show that you have a different view on the Game Pad and TV

People with the game, how are the open world flight controls? Are they better than they were in Lego Batman 2 or are they the same? Just curious

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'd really like to read impressions on 3DS and Vita SKUs as well.

Damn. Im at work for another 8 hours. I hope they have the DLC available for this game on Steam. Otherwise I'll pick up a cheap console version a few months down the line.

This. I'd prefer to play on the vita. I know it's a different build but damn it's disappointing to know the Lego games have been shit on the vita. Ugh

Yeah it's a shame. The Lego formula would work so well on a handheld like the Vita too. At least with the PS4 version you should be able to stream it. Because of the way the game is made, the controls should easily transfer over too

winjet81

Yeah it's a shame. The Lego formula would work so well on a handheld like the Vita too. At least with the PS4 version you should be able to stream it. Because of the way the game is made, the controls should easily transfer over too

The best Lego games playable on Vita happen to be Lego Batman (PSP) and Lego Indiana Jones (PSP). Not sure if Lego Star Wars II is transferable via PS3, because it's not on PSN for Vita.

Play those and ignore the horrible gimped versions (including this Marvel game) made for Vita/3DS/DS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Games been out for hours and no full roster or unlock condition/price leaks?

The Internet is slippin' yo

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PC version is quite pretty looking - just being in 1080p helps clean the image up nicely. Hopefully the PS4 will be close to that.

PS4 also solves my 'will the Vita version be any good this year' question - just remote play and it'll be just like the console version :)

abundant

Games been out for hours and no full roster or unlock condition/price leaks?

The Internet is slippin' yo
Its because the lego games are not popular online. Just look at GAF for instance, the Batman AO OT is 4x the size of this one, yet they were made roughly at the same time and that game isn't even out yet.

Nokterian

Have been playing lego LOTR on PC a lot of fun and looks pretty good. This one is also on my list sooo many hero's and villians to choose from!

Top Bottom