• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

womp

Yes.

I even took a picture to demonstrate:

P1xzFSI.jpg

I went to opposite ends of the same room to show that you have a different view on the Game Pad and TV

Thanks! Was hoping for this. Wii U version best version confirmed. :)

I'd feel a lot better about the Wii U version being the best if I thought there was any chance of DLC support. It had no pre-order bonus, and there's no Thor DLC on the eShop, and that's day-one DLC on 360/PS3.

I'll probably buy this again whenever I go next-gen just to have all the DLC.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yes.

I even took a picture to demonstrate:

P1xzFSI.jpg

I went to opposite ends of the same room to show that you have a different view on the Game Pad and TV

the Wii U difference. Perfect!!

Will start the download as soon as I get home. Anyone know how big it is on eShop?

XDDX

How does this game run on Wii U? Is it like Lego City Undercover? The videos of the 360 version have some screen tearing.

deleted

What resolution does the Wii U version run at? 720p with AA? 1080p? Stable framerate? And how does the framerate hold up in MP?

Dave_6

Anyone got the PC version yet? It looks fun and was thinking about buying it, especially since GMG has it for ~$22 with the 25% off code.

Also, does PC get all the DLC?

tensuke

The only portable one I've played was the first Lego Star Wars on DS, I played it for a few days and loved it, which sparked my interest in the lego games in the first place. Even though it won't be the full PC/console versions, I think it'll still be fun. Probably not worth $40 though, but half that sure why not.

And that WiiU gamepad thing is cool, wish you could do that with PS4/Vita. At least you can use remote play to play co-op online.

Never really played a LEGO game before, but none of the properties they took on really interested me enough to pull me in on its own. I'll likely pick this one up down the line.

10% off on steam... to $27. impulse bought, what the heck.

remote install is seriously the best thing ever. bought on my phone and will be installed when i get home.

Bog

Junior Ace
If you're playing this co-op (which you should be), that image up there makes the Wii U the definitive version. No more split screen BS!

Sats

Banned
Any chance the pre-order stuff will go to DLC? I didn't get a chance to pre-order and I really want Thanos.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
separate screens on the WiiU, or potential 1080p loveliness on PS4 (or PC)?

How is the image quality on WiiU? I'd probably play it coop for the entire story, and then save single player for freeplay levels.

Glass Joe

So it's not on the eShop yet, I guess it'll be there Thursday?

I've never seen something like that happen before, the game doesn't even have a profile in the eShop. But there is a Miiverse and obviously people are playing it, so it's out on retail. It's weird.

I heard they are creating a demo, so maybe it will show up along with the actual download on Thursday, like you said. Or Friday since some other games are due out then too (Wii Party, Batman).

darknemus

The only thing I REALLY wish these games had (on the PC) is LAN co-Op.. drives me crazy that they don't as I do 95% of my gaming with my better half - I guess there just isn't enough of a call for it :(

tim1138

I've never seen something like that happen before, the game doesn't even have a profile in the eShop. But there is a Miiverse and obviously people are playing it, so it's out on retail. It's weird.

I heard they are creating a demo, so maybe it will show up along with the actual download on Thursday, like you said. Or Friday since some other games are due out then too (Wii Party, Batman).

Yeah I was hoping to at least see a trailer or something and nada. I'd prefer getting this digitally, so hopefully it goes up at some point.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
No eshop update yet. Bah. Weird thing is when you click the More Info link from the Miiverse community you get "title not found". So it looks like it's going to hit eshop... At some point.

womp

OK, big problem here folks. Playing with the Pro Pad while my son plays on the U controller in two player mode. First stage which is the Sandman level found in the 360/PS3 demo...noticed some intermittent studdering to the framerate. No biggie, pressed on...still playable.

We just reached the Helicarrier and level 2 with Mr. Fantastic and Capt. America....game is almost now UNPLAYABLE and is actually messing with my eyes. The frame rate is hovering around a constant 15-20 FPS if that. I don't know if it is the U pad taxing it down but it shouldn't matter, this is not a product that should have been shipped in this condition.

Now, since all the big sites will skip over the Wii U version to review the 360/PS3 versions, I'm sure no one is going to properly call this out so fair warning guys.

I am really pissed off right now, hopefully it can be patched...but Wii U? HAHAHA...right. Fat chance of that.

JazzmanZ

OK, big problem here folks. Playing with the Pro Pad while my son plays on the U controller in two player mode. First stage which is the Sandman level found in the 360/PS3 demo...noticed some intermittent studdering to the framerate. No biggie, pressed on...still playable.

We just reached the Helicarrier and level 2 with Mr. Fantastic and Capt. America....game is almost now UNPLAYABLE and is actually messing with my eyes. The frame rate is hovering around a constant 15-20 FPS if that. I don't know if it is the U pad taxing it down but it shouldn't matter, this is not a product that should have been shipped in this condition.

Now, since all the big sites will skip over the Wii U version to review the 360/PS3 versions, I'm sure no one is going to properly call this out so fair warning guys.

I am really pissed off right now, hopefully it can be patched...but Wii U? HAHAHA...right. Fat chance of that.

you should send an e-mail or somethin to the guys about this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Asking again, but for anyone who has sunk their teeth into the game more, when do you get to explore the open world in full? I'm on te 3rd mission and its still barricaded off.

Any chance the pre-order stuff will go to DLC? I didn't get a chance to pre-order and I really want Thanos.
Apparently they said it will. When, we don't know.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I was just playing with my son in 2-player mode on Wii U on the helicarrier with Captain America and Mr. Fantastic and didn't experience any frame rate issue at all. Didn't have issues on the first level, either.

We were using gamepad and a Wiimote/nunchuck.

womp

I was just playing with my son in 2-player mode on Wii U on the helicarrier with Captain America and Mr. Fantastic and didn't experience any frame rate issue at all. Didn't have issues on the first level, either.

Was it smooth? To me smooth was LEGO City. This was seriously ridiculous. If LEGO City was a 10, Marvel LEGO is a 2.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Was it smooth? To me smooth was LEGO City. This was seriously ridiculous. If LEGO City was a 10, Marvel LEGO is a 2.

Seemed fine to me, and I played all the way through Lego City.

I did, however, experience some audio issues at the Sandman part of stage 1.

womp

Seemed fine to me, and I played all the way through Lego City.

I did, however, experience some audio issues at the Sandman part of stage 1.

I just rebooted the game...U pad only...single player. MUCH smoother...the problem lies when I switch on the Pro Pad and start a second player, everything goes to hell.

WTF?

Going to charge up the pro pad overnight and see if that makes a difference.

Plinko

I just rebooted the game...U pad only...single player. MUCH smoother...the problem lies when I switch on the Pro Pad and start a second player, everything goes to hell.

WTF?

Going to charge up the pro pad overnight and see if that makes a difference.

Yep--that was my initial thought when I read your issue. The Pro pad must be doing something.

NMFried

I'm a couple of hours in, My roommates and I are enjoying the hell out of it. Looks like there is tons of content, and the open-world New york is crazy detailed.

Jaleel

BOUGHT! Just purchased on Steam. My first Lego game ever. Gametrailers review sold me. This should hold me over till PS4 GREATNESS!!! ;)

Top Bottom