• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

And I continue to want Lego TMNT.

Not before I get Lego Toy Story.

toy-story-lego-minifigs-600x291.jpg

tebunker

Banned
I just rebooted the game...U pad only...single player. MUCH smoother...the problem lies when I switch on the Pro Pad and start a second player, everything goes to hell.

WTF?

Going to charge up the pro pad overnight and see if that makes a difference.

Womp it has to be the Pro Pad for some reason or another. I know on the back of the box it doesn't show the propad as being supported.

Wife and I played co-op, and she was using the Wiimote+Nunchuck like it says on the back of the box and we had a drop to about 20 fps on the Heli-carrier deck, and that was it for frame drops until we made it to the open city and I went off in to the sky with spidey and hit a busy area that caused another drop to the 20s otherwise it runs great.

So I am guessing that is why there is no propad support officially

yep lego games started to look good since... i think pirates of the caribbean? Around when they switched to a new engine.

Anyhow played a bit. god damn mr fantastic lmao. A gif of his transformations should be enough to sell anyone on this game ;)

tebunker

Banned
I can chime in how much I like this game off the bat. One thing I really like is the open world like Undercover, once we were dropped in it, I took off with Iron Man in to the sky and fly around on the gamepad for a good 30 minutes just exploring, and the wife switched to Venom and swung around the TV.

Game is a solid LEGO game so far, the abilities are varied, you use every character that is available it seems like in the levels. Enjoying it, looking forward to blowing it wide open and getting everything.

It's coming, but no date for it yet.

This is why I keep saying people shouldn't wait for any eShop versions or stuff.

Looking to get this on Wii U for Christmas (gonna need a few Wii U games to play, though at this point, might need PS4 games...) but after hearing about some of the performance issues, I'd rather try a demo before a family member puts down money on this.

Chairhome

OK, big problem here folks. Playing with the Pro Pad while my son plays on the U controller in two player mode. First stage which is the Sandman level found in the 360/PS3 demo...noticed some intermittent studdering to the framerate. No biggie, pressed on...still playable.

We just reached the Helicarrier and level 2 with Mr. Fantastic and Capt. America....game is almost now UNPLAYABLE and is actually messing with my eyes. The frame rate is hovering around a constant 15-20 FPS if that. I don't know if it is the U pad taxing it down but it shouldn't matter, this is not a product that should have been shipped in this condition.

Now, since all the big sites will skip over the Wii U version to review the 360/PS3 versions, I'm sure no one is going to properly call this out so fair warning guys.

I am really pissed off right now, hopefully it can be patched...but Wii U? HAHAHA...right. Fat chance of that.
The framerate during the intro to the helicarrier stage was terrible (with 2 players). When you land on the ground after that, its still a little choppy, but it gets better after that. The framerate does increase noticeably if you drop to single player.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BTW you can buy red bricks from Deadpool on the Helicarrier. Might be a good first investment for people, stud multipliers make life a LOT easier later on.

Is there a place I can go to re-watch the cutscenes? Also, does anyone know if the replaing a level in free play auto-skips the cutscenes. Some Lego games do that, some don't.

I thought they got a pretty good fake Loki, and a REALLY good fake Agent Coulson, until I learned it was actually him doing the voice.

yep. No clue what Stark's voice is suppose to be though. What are y'all's favorite heroes so far in terms of gameplay/dialogue?

Mr fantastic is just great. So is hulk. I just love transforming and untransforming lol. Spiderman plays quite good too. Weird that ironman doesn't seem to have any melee attacks while most other ranged characters have melee animations too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In his room? Can't figure out how to buy them
Yeah from the main room go into the Hallway on the left and he's one of the rooms on the right. There should be a TV where you can press B (or O) to choose from Red Bricks to buy.

Note the 2x one is 1 000 000 Studs.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
IMDB (for what it's worth) says Coulson is voiced by Clark Gregg

Yeah, I think that's what they're saying - they thought it was a great impression until they realised it was the actual actor performing the lines.

The Iron Man/Tony Stark voice actor is the guy from Heroes who does the voice for him in the cartoons, so I guess that's what they're going for with that. Same with a bunch of the other characters, they're mostly voiced by the same actors from the animated shows. Nice little touch that. I don't watch them, but it shows they're trying to get people who "get" the characters and can have a little fun and bring some of that characterisation to the game.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It's coming, but no date for it yet.

This is why I keep saying people shouldn't wait for any eShop versions or stuff.

eh, you're not entirely wrong.. But Deus Ex was up yesterday (10/22 release). And I guarantee you Arkham Origins will be up on Friday.. but yeah.. eShop is hit and miss with day and date digital releases.. Nintendo really needs to get on top of that.

kinda wish the game has something similar to the arkham games with the character bios. Not too familiar with the marvel universe and i'm curious what stuff like that robot at fantastic hq is about.

And I do love the running gag of the police goofing around when arresting the villains.

JohngPR

I was waiting for this to come out on PS4, but I don't think I can justify paying an extra $40 for what will be at best the same version of the game itself.

I haven't heard any news on the performance of the PS4 version or if it'll run at 30 or 60 fps and the share button stuff isn't enough of a draw.

Not just that but I'd need to buy an additional PS4 controller to play it with my son, where as on PC I can play it with him without additional hardware. Hard to pass it up at $22, so PC it is.

I was waiting for this to come out on PS4, but I don't think I can justify paying an extra $40 for what will be at best the same version of the game itself.

I haven't heard any news on the performance of the PS4 version or if it'll run at 30 or 60 fps and the share button stuff isn't enough of a draw.

Not just that but I'd need to buy an additional PS4 controller to play it with my son, where as on PC I can play it with him without additional hardware. Hard to pass it up at $22, so PC it is.

well i can tell you it runs fine on pc. Mostly 60 for me with some frame drops during transitions from cutscene to in game, but its ok and it looks as good as any of the marketing material, so it would be weird if ps4/xbone versions randomly looked way better.

When creating a custom character, is there a way to remove hair or a helmet entirely? Once I chose a hair option, I can only cycle through the remaining pieces of hair. I can't find a way to just remove it. My alternate colored Spider-Man shouldn't have hair over his mask.

Neoxon

I'm sorry, but a good chunk of the voice acting for this game is mediocre, especially compared to UMvC3.

Sats

Banned
When creating a custom character, is there a way to remove hair or a helmet entirely? Once I chose a hair option, I can only cycle through the remaining pieces of hair. I can't find a way to just remove it. My alternate colored Spider-Man shouldn't have hair over his mask.

Try starting with a Blank spidey

JohngPR

well i can tell you it runs fine on pc. Mostly 60 for me with some frame drops during transitions from cutscene to in game, but its ok and it looks as good as any of the marketing material, so it would be weird if ps4/xbone versions randomly looked way better.

Good to know, that's how the demo ran so it was what I was expecting.

I have no expectations that the PS4/Xbox One will run better....if anything I'm afraid that it won't run at 60fps. They've stayed very quiet about it so I'd rather have the version that I know will run flawlessly on my PC.

Dave_6

Played the PC demo last night and it is fun, as I expected. I would definitely buy it if I knew the PC was getting all the DLC at some point. I want Thanos!

bryehn

I've only played three missions and dicked around in NYC a bit, but I feel like this is the best LEGO game yet.

Ened up with the 360 version because the Wii U one wasn't in yet. There's a few graphical issues related to lighting and glare (result of being a down port from next gen?) and the tearing is awful. The vehicle and flight controls are a bit sketchy too, but overall this game is pretty great.

One question though...when do you get the ability to change to any unlocked character at will in NYC? Coming across gold bricks you can't complete is annoying.

Good to know, that's how the demo ran so it was what I was expecting.

I have no expectations that the PS4/Xbox One will run better....if anything I'm afraid that it won't run at 60fps. They've stayed very quiet about it so I'd rather have the version that I know will run flawlessly on my PC.

i'm also playing at 1440p which next consoles will probably not support ;)

The super low res 'coins' or w/e they are called are hilarious at times when they are way in the foreground.

Sats

Banned
Yeah, I think that's what they're saying - they thought it was a great impression until they realised it was the actual actor performing the lines.

The Iron Man/Tony Stark voice actor is the guy from Heroes who does the voice for him in the cartoons, so I guess that's what they're going for with that. Same with a bunch of the other characters, they're mostly voiced by the same actors from the animated shows. Nice little touch that. I don't watch them, but it shows they're trying to get people who "get" the characters and can have a little fun and bring some of that characterisation to the game.

Deadpool is objectively the best voice

MisterM

Me and the boy enjoyed this last night on the PC. We only managed to get past
Dr Octagon
before his bedtime.

How long in before you can create custom heroes?

Another vouch for the PC version too. i5-3570 (non-K), 8GB DDR3, 7870XT 2GB and it runs on max settings, 1080p constant 60fps. I know it's not a graphically demanding game but still. I wish the AA was better though...I'd rather not resort to fixing AA outside of a game.

munchie64

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do we know the situation on Wii U DLC? The game isn't released here yet, and I noticed Wii U is the only one without pre-order bonus DLC.

Top Bottom