• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

How well do we think these will fit with the modulars? I'm picking my first one up next month.

They are dollhouse-style (like the Haunted House), so I don't know if they will integrate well. However, one of the alt builds looks like it has them in a row (with open backs though).

Ryuuroden

They are dollhouse-style (like the Haunted House), so I don't know if they will integrate well. However, one of the alt builds looks like it has them in a row (with open backs though).

I do think that I will be getting them and putting some heavy modification on them for my city. Turn them into modulars and correct size etc.

They wouldn't fit with the normal modulars anyways since they are on regular plates, where the modulars are on thinner baseplates.

neonglow

Ugh. Caved in and bought 4 of the Super Secret Police polybags from TRU online.

I was hoping to find it in store and get it for $3.99 with The LEGO Movie 20% sale as some people online found. Limit 4 online, but free shipping with $49 purchase. I topped it off with the Ice Cream Machine set and 2 CMF blind packs for free shipping. Would have gotten several of the smaller sets to top off, but they were all sold out online.

Darn you TRU! *shakes fist* I would have bought 10 of those polybags if I could have gotten them for $4 in store.

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/06/toysrus-sells-the-lego-movie-exclusive-polybag-set/

EDIT: This is where I saw some saw the polybag for the 20% off. Perhaps it was on sale online and was corrected. TRU is known to do that.
http://toysnbricks.com/new-2014-polybags-at-toys-r-us-stores/

Cool. I'm a Chicagoan, but have been out here in LA area for 10+ years.

On Saturday, the polybag was discounted to $3.99 but you couldn't order any. On Sunday, they went back up to $4.99 and were available to order.

Thought about trying to go see the movie tonight, but am just too burned out from work. Vacation starts next thursday, so I will spoil myself one day and go then. Besides, the free voucher is good for a month or so.

wetwired

Got a little photo bomb of the beginnings of my setup at my new place. First 2 pictures are of some of my sets in other rooms on display. Still much to do and not everything I have is photographed.

12330499345_ce8c05924c_c.jpg

12330649083_11d6f33fc2_c.jpg

The next 6 pictures are of the new LEGO hobby room.

12330521015_af24d6a0ba_c.jpg

12330664873_0725184177_c.jpg

12330513895_3d0447aa05_c.jpg

The following picture is all my sets that I haven't built yet. There are a ton of them in the zip lock bags in the 2 boxes as well as the ones I haven't removed from the boxes. They are some of the sets I had listed in an earlier post of what I had for backlog.

12330510835_433b09f49f_c.jpg

All those yellow and black containers below are full of small plates, tiles, specialty pieces, etc sorted by color and so on.

12330945854_d1a664d349_c.jpg

This is my shelving so far. I plan on getting at least 3 more of these units.

12330948774_0bfe0250fe_c.jpg

Damn son that's a set up. Very jealous. You have like 10x as much lego as I do.

Unrelated but I'm not feeling that creator bike shop. The colours are all over the place and the design is pretty lacklustre.

mrkgoo

31008-MOC #5 & #6.

I was toying around with using those four brackets in an interlocking formation, and I made this:

"QuadPod"

Here's the basis:

Then it inspired me to try something else with it:

"Wurm Attack!"

Lol, I think this is the most value I've ever gotten from one set, at least relative to the time span I've owned it.

lol true but I kinda need a working camera anyways and crummy cell phone pics won't cut it.

I used my phone for all my pics. : (

Speaking of TRU, my local one put this up. A little behind the time but still pretty neat to see.

LEGO Captain Rex at Toys R US by antiquegamer, on Flickr

I also ask about the polybag for LEGO the Movie and the clerks there have no idea. Probably got clean out by local Bricks & Mini-figs again.

Thanks! Now I can see it's a different mould for the Panda.
Looks like a cute lizard on the boat. I'm guessing it is the chameleon from Rapunzel set, but with new print.

I think LEGO will have a win with the Ultra Agents theme. May not be Ninjago win, but should sell well. That agent car has similar look (futuristic hover car) to 70802: Bad Cop's Pursuit set, but different enough.

Ultra Agents has Super Hero feel without the Super Heroes (SHIELD agents). Cool looking villains with cool vehicles.

Wonder if those night goggles will work as spectro goggles for the upcoming Ghostbusters CUUSOO set.

That vehicle that reminds me of those TRON vehicles...that looks great. It will be mine I imagine when the Ultra Agents line drops.

Nice try Neon...I will not waver!

Thanks AV club, for spoiling some of the biggest supposed twists of the film in the opening sentence of your review. I suspected it, but to have a major site give it away immediately is annoying.

neonglow

Thanks AV club, for spoiling some of the biggest supposed twists of the film in the opening sentence of your review. I suspected it, but to have a major site give it away immediately is annoying.

I'm gonna avoid all reviews until after I watch it on Saturday.

Is anyone gonna be purchasing the video game tomorrow? I'm headed to Best Buy to get Pyjamas Emmet.

judhudson

I'm gonna avoid all reviews until after I watch it on Saturday.

Is anyone gonna be purchasing the video game tomorrow? I'm headed to Best Buy to get Pyjamas Emmet.

Yep! Grabbing the game at TRU - WiiU version - as I have a gift card!

And then the movie that night. Ahhhh yeah!

Dragoshi1

Is it possible to price match amazon.com prices at Target?

The Garbage Chomper set is $23.99, so can I bring in proof of it to Target and get it at that price?

Because one time I tried to price match something, but target told me I couldn't because I was a Amazon prime member and the price was exclusive to Amazon prime/subscribers/paid user.

mrkgoo

Is the 1/2 BOW piece a new piece or something?

It's a little 1x2 profile piece with a slight arching slope.

a few of the 2014 sets have them, but I don't think it's in LDD.

Is the 1/2 BOW piece a new piece or something?

It's a little 1x2 profile piece with a slight arching slope.

a few of the 2014 sets have them, but I don't think it's in LDD.
It was introduced last year. Showed up in Hive Crawler for one. It is definitely more common this year so far.

mrkgoo

It was introduced last year. Showed up in Hive Crawler for one. It is definitely more common this year so far.

Interesting, thanks.

I suppose stuff like the 1x2 angular bracket with TOP studs is also relatively new. How often do they up date the piece bundle in LDD?

Vyer

I wonder how much I'd miss if I saw the LEGO Movie in 2D instead of 3D. My son can't really do 3D movies yet as he has a hard time staying focused with the glasses.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is it possible to price match amazon.com prices at Target?

The Garbage Chomper set is $23.99, so can I bring in proof of it to Target and get it at that price?

Because one time I tried to price match something, but target told me I couldn't because I was a Amazon prime member and the price was exclusive to Amazon prime/subscribers/paid user.

Yes they price match but make sure you follow the rules or they could deny the match.
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk.

Make sure the item is in stock, etc. Read the link!
RE: amazon prime member pricing... i don't know wtf they are talking about, the prime pricing is the same (exception: on 'subscribe and save' stuff I guess that may be different, not sure)
Got a cellphone? Bring it in, show them the page, they should price match it immediately

I wonder how much I'd miss if I saw the LEGO Movie in 2D instead of 3D. My son can't really do 3D movies yet as he has a hard time staying focused with the glasses.

While I do like 3D, 2D is usually easier to make out details and stuff better for me, and in a movie like this I think that is a huge thing to consider. I think 2D is fine

Not getting the game, but if anyone gets spare figures I will take them off your hands.

I gave it a lot of thought, but I'm passing on the game for now. I don't think it's worth the $60 for that emmet fig which is pretty 'meh' when I already have 6 emmets, and the steam version is only $29 anyway, and will dip under $20 before summer

I am however going to be going to amc AND regal theaters (hopefully seeing the movie twice) to get the exclusive minifigs there
my advice... drag a significant other and/or friends along and try to get multiple DJ robots if they don't want them :p

neonglow

I gave it a lot of thought, but I'm passing on the game for now. I don't think it's worth the $60 for that emmet fig which is pretty 'meh' when I already have 6 emmets, and the steam version is only $29 anyway, and will dip under $20 before summer

I am however going to be going to amc AND regal theaters (hopefully seeing the movie twice) to get the exclusive minifigs there
my advice... drag a significant other and/or friends along and try to get multiple DJ robots if they don't want them :p

I thought about that. I'm gonna see if Best Buy will give me the minifigure with purchase of the Vita version for $30.

You also have to factor in that the console versions of the game also come with a voucher worth $7.50.

Rootbeer

Banned
I thought about that. I'm gonna see if Best Buy will give me the minifigure with purchase of the Vita version for $30.

You also have to factor in that the console versions of the game also come with a voucher worth $7.50.

I'm not certain it is true of this game but on all past lego games the Vita and 3DS version is *not* the same game as the console/PC version.

just know what you are getting into.

neonglow

Looking on ebay, it looks like the Robot DJ is selling for $25-30. Western/Pyjamas Emmet are selling for about $15-20 each. I guess people don't really want another Emmet as much as they want the robot.

I really get the feeling that no one here cares one bit about Ultrabuild sets since every time I bring them up it just gets pushed to the side :p

I totally understand, I'm just surprised that people aren't interested in the heads and some of the pieces, mainly in the Chima sets.

neonglow

I really get the feeling that no one here cares one bit about Ultrabuild sets since every time I bring them up it just gets pushed to the side :p

I totally understand, I'm just surprised that people aren't interested in the heads and some of the pieces, mainly in the Chima sets.

I really have no interest in the Ultrabuild or Hero Factory. I might pick up one of the new waves since it does come with a minifigure. It doesn't seem all that popular in general since the biggest set of these are in the $35 range. I'd like to see what LEGO could come up with in a $100 set.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'd be more into ultrabuild/hero factory if the parts felt more interchangeable to me. you can change them all you want but they don't mix/match all that well IMO.

I do hope they continue to innovate in that 'buildable action figure" area though, it has potential for sure

I really have no interest in the Ultrabuild or Hero Factory. I might pick up one of the new waves since it does come with a minifigure. It doesn't seem all that popular in general since the biggest set of these are in the $35 range. I'd like to see what LEGO could come up with in a $100 set.

i'd be more into ultrabuild/hero factory if the parts felt more interchangeable to me. you can change them all you want but they don't mix/match all that well IMO.

I do hope they continue to innovate in that 'buildable action figure" area though, it has potential for sure

I come from the old Bionicle camp of people, and those interchanged alot better than they do now where most builds end up using almost all the same pieces, so I understand the gripe.

I do miss Bionicle to be honest, but up until it just went batshit crazy. The early stuff is so well done.

Sorry, it's just I'm mainly into Friends or City sets. I never liked those sets much.

Looking on ebay, it looks like the Robot DJ is selling for $25-30. Western/Pyjamas Emmet are selling for about $15-20 each. I guess people don't really want another Emmet as much as they want the robot.

Nothing really unique about the Emmet minifig except for maybe the face print. Plus there's a ton of Emmet variations. DJ has the hair with headphones in a new color and just looks way cooler. Maybe partly due to it haven't a Daft Punk vibe? I'm surprised the Emmet one is even going for $15.

I would trust those feelings. :) As long as I've been here around Thread 1, there has just a bit of nostalgia on Bionicles and a bit of Hero Factory, Super Hero, etc Ultrabuilds.

I think they are cool looking, but it's very different from the block system. They are much more action figure to me. I enjoy a lot of MOCs that combine the Bricks and "ultra build" stuff, but I don't like building with them.

I am a bit interested in the new Hero Factory stuff because of the "minifigs" they come with. :) They do have interesting parts as you see a lot of them make it into LEGO brick sets from time to time.

There are parts I like in Ultrabuilds, but not enough for me to buy one just for those parts. Unless it's on super clearance of 50% or more.

This part caught my eye. One of the Chima UltraBuilds and Captain America has one.
Only one has it in the pearl gray, I want those in light or dark bluish gray.
Chima Ultra Build is the only set I know of with the feather piece in pearl gold.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98606
98606.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Nothing really unique about the Emmet minifig except for maybe the face print. Plus there's a ton of Emmet variations. DJ has the hair with headphones in a new color and just looks way cooler. Maybe partly due to it haven't a Daft Punk vibe? I'm surprised the Emmet one is even going for $15.

Worth nothing that the Pajamas Emmet is totally free with purchase, but the AMC DJ figure requires a Stubs membership which is usually $12 a year, so there is a little more barrier to getting it.

But I fully agree the DJ is just better overall and actually offers something a little more unique

mrkgoo

Hope that's a good smiley :)

Anyway, at the recommendation of others I purchased the furry creatures set.

My daughter (toddler) is into mice and cats at the moment, so she might get a kick out of them. (For 30 seconds)

Well, at least a distraction from jabba's palace - she loves that Jabba minifig, even if she does call it JarJar.

mrkgoo

What's ultra build?

neonglow

Here is something I didn't know some LEGO stores did. No idea which LEGO store this is but you can tell which minifigure is most unpopular.

1779803_10153817099135193_118570236_n.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
so how does it work? you can trade any minifig for any in the case? if so, cool, but yeah you can clearly see it being abused here.

surprised there is a cat lady, one of the harder ones to get :)

SO many president business...

Top Bottom