• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Here is something I didn't know some LEGO stores did. No idea which LEGO store this is but you can tell which minifigure is most unpopular.

1779803_10153817099135193_118570236_n.jpg

Haha. That closely matches what I see on Bricklink. The 4 cheapest CMFs from the movie under $3 (no particular order) are:

President Business
Larry the Barista
Scribble Face Bad Cop
Hard Hat Emmet

I think the "Where's my pants guy" will be popular with the kids. Butt jokes are very popular with kids around 6-7.

EDIT: Above list based on prices for minifig only. I was only checking the minifig only section. No accessories. I check that page for minifigs I want duplicates, but don't care about duplicate accessories.

-------------------

Hi ho Silver! or Bye ho Silver!

Lone Ranger is no longer available on LEGO.com. If you're on the fence, keep an eye out for sale/clearance prices on Amazon or wherever they still carry them. TRU will probably have a bunch for awhile.

neonglow

so how does it work? you can trade any minifig for any in the case? if so, cool, but yeah you can clearly see it being abused here.

surprised there is a cat lady, one of the harder ones to get :)

SO many president business...

The small print says "Trades limited to LEGO Movie Mystery Minifigs"

Tuvoc

Federal tax refund cleared today. Looks like I'll be heading to the LEGO Store tomorrow to either pic up Parisian Restaurant or Millenium Falcon. Gotta get my niece the Rapunzel set for her b-day.

Afterwords its off the see the LEGO movie. So it's gonna be one awesome LEGO filled day.

Anybody recommend any other wonderful epic sets? So far the largest set i've purchased is the Winter Village Cabin. And as of now I'm not too interested in the Best Star or Ewok Village. Not that I don't like them. I'm just not ready for em yet.

All of your suggestions are greatly welcome.

My favorite themes are:
Star Wars: mostly big classic ships

Modulars: (which i currently own zero of, and my heart is pretty much set on the Parisian Restaurant)

Galaxy Squad: ( I may hit a WalMart as well to is if they have any other discounted Hive Crawlers or Galactic Titans left)

LEGO Movie.( I'd gladly purchase the Sea Cow or Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!! but I don't think they've released yet, right?)

neonglow

Federal tax refund cleared today. Looks like I'll be heading to the LEGO Store tomorrow to either pic up Parisian Restaurant or Millenium Falcon. Gotta get my niece the Rapunzel set for her b-day.

Afterwords its off the see the LEGO movie. So it's gonna be one awesome LEGO filled day.

Anybody recommend any other wonderful epic sets? So far the largest set i've purchased is the Winter Village Cabin. And as of now I'm not too interested in the Best Star or Ewok Village. Not that I don't like them. I'm just not ready for em yet.

All of your suggestions are greatly welcome.

My favorite themes are:
Star Wars: mostly big classic ships

Modulars: (which i currently own zero of, and my heart is pretty much set on the Parisian Restaurant)

Galaxy Squad: ( I may hit a WalMart as well to is if they have any other discounted Hive Crawlers or Galactic Titans left)

LEGO Movie.( I'd gladly purchase the Sea Cow or Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!! but I don't think they've released yet, right?)

The UCS X-Wing is a good choice. If you can wait until summer, the ISD will be out by then.

10240-1.jpg

http://brickset.com/sets/10240-1/Red-Five-X-wing-Starfighter

ghostmind

A report on the Sea Cow from AyliffeMakit on Eurobricks (rumor until confirmed):

• This set does include a cute mini version of Metalbeard. It looks rather nice, but it may also be worth getting 70807 as well.
  • Emmet has the same face as he does in 70803 Cloud cuckoo Palace, so it really isn't that exclusive.
  • The box is as big as the box for 10214-1 Tower Bridge, so forget about getting it from the store and just get it delivered.
  • Benny has a double-sided face! On one side of his face he has the open mouth seen on all the promotional posters, but on the other side he has a classic 80's smiley face, but with a cracked helmet.
  • The ship also includes a rather detailed cabin with the same globe element as in 4191 Captains Cabin and some maps.
  • Last of all, we have the price: Amazingly, its only £170 in the UK, which gives you even more of a reason to get it!

Based on that UK price, I would assume $225 to $250 USD.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
A report on the Sea Cow from AyliffeMakit on Eurobricks (rumor until confirmed):

• This set does include a cute mini version of Metalbeard. It looks rather nice, but it may also be worth getting 70807 as well.
  • Emmet has the same face as he does in 70803 Cloud cuckoo Palace, so it really isn't that exclusive.
  • The box is as big as the box for 10214-1 Tower Bridge, so forget about getting it from the store and just get it delivered.
  • Benny has a double-sided face! On one side of his face he has the open mouth seen on all the promotional posters, but on the other side he has a classic 80's smiley face, but with a cracked helmet.
  • The ship also includes a rather detailed cabin with the same globe element as in 4191 Captains Cabin and some maps.
  • Last of all, we have the price: Amazingly, its only £170 in the UK, which gives you even more of a reason to get it!

It looks great and all, but for $250 I could get Xwing UCS, Ewok Village or Syndey Opera House. Considering we won't see those on sale anymore I have to make these difficult choices now. See what you are doing LEGO!

Solid info, I wonder what will be the price on Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Dragoshi1

Got the Lego Movie Video Game for PS3 with the free movie ticket!

Also got the Garbage Chomper, FINALLY, after price matching at Target with the Toys R Us price(which was 23.99 from 29.99)

So i just found some tiny Toystore where they had a couple older Sets...

Since i really don't know what to think of these, is there ANY set among them that might be worth getting at MSRP there still?

- the entire POTC theme EXCEPT for the Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge (which i woulda gotten in a heartbeat duh)

- Atlantis 8077-1 Exploration HQ

- Atlantis 8075 Neptune Carrier

- Kingdoms 7189 Mill Village Raid (this does include a few cute animals like chicken, pigs and cows etc

- Kingdoms 7947 Prison Tower Rescue

Tuvoc

My haul from the LEGO Store today.

12371894604_128591f728_m.jpg

Probably the most I've spent on LEGO in one trip.

Also, today I learned never to visit the store in mid afternoon. It was filled with loud screaming children running around like little crazy people. Not that I could blame them. If I were a child and there was a LEGO store I'd probably go apeshit as well.

Edit: Sorry for the small pic. I can't figure out how to make photos larger with Flickr.

So i just found some tiny Toystore where they had a couple older Sets...

Since i really don't know what to think of these, is there ANY set among them that might be worth getting at MSRP there still?

- the entire POTC theme EXCEPT for the Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge (which i woulda gotten in a heartbeat duh)

- Atlantis 8077-1 Exploration HQ

- Atlantis 8075 Neptune Carrier

- Kingdoms 7189 Mill Village Raid (this does include a few cute animals like chicken, pigs and cows etc

- Kingdoms 7947 Prison Tower Rescue

I would probably get Mill Village Raid, it's pretty popular, especially if you already have Medieval Market Village. Goes for at least $85 on Bricklink.

Just saw the movie and have to say way better than expected.

I so badly now want western to come back again !!!

I saw the plot twist from a mile away but it was in a very good unexpected way :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody know how the DJ Robo polybag from Walmart is packaged? Are they stuffed into the case like Iron Patriot, or are they separate?

Ryuuroden

Just saw the movie and have to say way better than expected.

I so badly now want western to come back again !!!

I saw the plot twist from a mile away but it was in a very good unexpected way :)

Ya, the movie was AWESOME. Really exceeded my expectations. Dat end tugged all sorts of emotions in me.

ruxtpin

Banned
lol - Those pics make me want to steal that for my cubicle. Or at least get the monkey and buy one of the architecture sets.

Fantastic ponn.

shadow29

Neo Member
Sigh my trip to Japan had to be called off.

So now all the funds will be diverted to Lego. Already bricklinked a Maersk Train and the Best Star will be mine starting in March. Clearly the only way to deal with the disappointment.

Sigh.

jonnyrockets

Neo Member
My first ever post on NeoGaf. Ive been lurking since about the middle of Lego thread 2, and come here daily.

First, congrats sir on the Cuusoo set! I will be buying it for sure!

Now, fellow Canadians. Toys R Us canada is having a BOGO 1/2 off. star wars, super heroes and city. AND, IT WORKS WITH EXCLUSIVES.

Xwing
Bwing
Ewok village
Super star destroyer
Arkham

I bought the xwing and Arkham. To maximize I should maybe have gone 2 xwings and 2 arkhams. Hahaha.

Edit, cargo train also in stock.
Town square out of stock :(
Ewok out of stock.

ghostmind

My first ever post on NeoGaf. Ive been lurking since about the middle of Lego thread 2, and come here daily.

First, congrats sir on the Cuusoo set! I will be buying it for sure!

Now, fellow Canadians. Toys R Us canada is having a BOGO 1/2 off. star wars, super heroes and city. AND, IT WORKS WITH EXCLUSIVES.

Xwing
Bwing
Ewok village
Super star destroyer
Arkham

I bought the xwing and Arkham. To maximize I should maybe have gone 2 xwings and 2 arkhams. Hahaha.

Edit, cargo train also in stock.
Town square out of stock :(
Ewok out of stock.

Welcome, and thank you for discovering this deal!

And I just checked it out online, and it works just like you said. I would imagine they will be honoring the same pricing in-store for the exclusive sets, as some TRUs have started carrying them.

Also, TRU Canada does not tend to inflate the prices, so these sets are MSRP - Canadian MSRP, but MSRP nonetheless.

If I didn't already have them all, I would jump all over this deal - this may be the only time to get exclusives at a (massive) discount all year!

CANADIANS - GET ON THIS!!!

Is that a new sale on TRU for Canada, or has it been up all week? Because if it is a new sale, give it time before they "fix" the issue with it like they always do with the BOGO in the US. Sigh. It used to be a good sale here.

But if it is a deal that keeps working and they dont get shifty, JUMP ON IT CANADIANS! Fantastic deals!

EDIT: LOL. I LOVE the new avatar, Wetwired. Perfect.

Oh wow-thank you for posting this!

Here's my standard PSA for Lasting Toys: Are you in the GTA?

Is that a new sale on TRU for Canada, or has it been up all week? Because if it is a new sale, give it time before they "fix" the issue with it like they always do with the BOGO in the US. Sigh. It used to be a good sale here.

I'm not sure about how they do it in the US, but TRU Canada has sales from Friday to Thursday each week. This one just kicked into effect yesterday.

Top Bottom