• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

mrkgoo

Lego MOC 31008 #5

I had a weird head to start off with, but it tidied up near the end. Shame I can't say the same about the legs...

Maybe I'll work on it some more.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Ugh, broke down and splurged on some Lego today. Picked up the Melting Room, Treehouse, and a witch polybag they had laying around, all pretty sweet. The Melting Room is fantastic, I love all the little bits, definitely a good choice, and the Treehouse is great. Glad I took the recommendation. I even enjoyed the witch, it had a lot of good colors in it, might grab another.

No LEGO Movie polybags at the TRU I went to today. Will keep my eyes peeled though.

And just finished the main fire truck mech of Rescue Reinforcements. Fantastic stuff.

EDIT:
EGADS! I just did the mini figure calculator on the Brickset collection page. Not counting the CMF I have bought, I should have 523 figures. Good lord.

Cool. I expect those polybags to fly off the shelves.

I'm in the same boat and have been serious thinking of opening a bricklink store to get rid of excess items where I have multiples of 1 set. I'm a hoarder though and always think I'll need some piece or minifig later. Do I really need 4 Spider-man that are exactly the same? Maybe 2 or 3. One to play, 1 for backup play and one for keeping in pristine condition. :D

Lego MOC 31008 #5

I had a weird head to start off with, but it tidied up near the end. Shame I can't say the same about the legs...

Maybe I'll work on it some more.

Love the head. You should flesh it out after the competition when you don't have limited pieces.

Ugh, broke down and splurged on some Lego today. Picked up the Melting Room, Treehouse, and a witch polybag they had laying around, all pretty sweet. The Melting Room is fantastic, I love all the little bits, definitely a good choice, and the Treehouse is great. Glad I took the recommendation. I even enjoyed the witch, it had a lot of good colors in it, might grab another.

Congrats! Baby steps to full addiction... I love that Wyldstyle minifig. The other small set, LEGO Movie 70800 Getaway Glider, is great too for the minifigs. The two cowboy robots are awesome and you can easily swap them out for regular heads and hands. It has great parts, but glider isn't great for play or display.

mrkgoo

Love the head. You should flesh it out after the competition when you don't have limited pieces.

Hmm, maybe. I think I work best when I'm limited, though. NEarly wouldn't know where to start with more pieces!

I only have a few sets as well, fortunately, mostly creator sets, so a wide selection of pieces. My first lego set in my own personal Lego renaissance since like 10 years was the first GAF-MOC contest, the blue roadster.

Then I followed with an orange transport copter, and the highway white speedster, now this!

Oh and a bunch of minifigs.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

What's this about a free ticket?
Spend $50 or more on LEGO at TRU this week and get a voucher to get a free ticket to the movie.
Movie sets are 20% off this week, and TRU actually has them at msrp before the sale. So I snagged the exclusive Rescue Reinforcements for 20% off and got a free ticket in the process.

And the set is fantastic so far. Almost finished with the evil robot part.

Nice deal. Looks like my local TRU us out of the Fire Rescue sets. If it comes back in stock this week I'll pick it up.

Did you go into the store or check the website? Because when I checked the website today, it showed that no one in 50 miles had Rescue Reinforcements. Yet, when I went into the store myself they have piles of them. Maybe the website is not updating quick enough or something, but I would go check yourself for the set.

Speaking of Rescue Reinforcements, I just finished it. What in the world was that final part of the set? It is like a crazed farmer tossed all of the parts of his shed and windmill together and made a helicopter out of it. So ridiculous, and I feel like it is more awesome without any context. The fact that the farmer is missing teeth and has both a rooster and a pig as part of the copter is insanely awesome.

If anyone is able to find this set at TRU this week, it is a damn steal at $56 or whatever it rings up at. 859 pieces even at the regular price of $70 is great, but at $56 it is even better. Fantastic fun to put together, and a fabulous parts pack.

VERY highly recommended.

Jimbro72

Did you go into the store or check the website? Because when I checked the website today, it showed that no one in 50 miles had Rescue Reinforcements. Yet, when I went into the store myself they have piles of them. Maybe the website is not updating quick enough or something, but I would go check yourself for the set.

Speaking of Rescue Reinforcements, I just finished it. What in the world was that final part of the set? It is like a crazed farmer tossed all of the parts of his shed and windmill together and made a helicopter out of it. So ridiculous, and I feel like it is more awesome without any context. The fact that the farmer is missing teeth and has both a rooster and a pig as part of the copter is insanely awesome.

If anyone is able to find this set at TRU this week, it is a damn steal at $56 or whatever it rings up at. 859 pieces even at the regular price of $70 is great, but at $56 it is even better. Fantastic fun to put together, and a fabulous parts pack.

VERY highly recommended.

I picked up this set at TRU yesterday after work and got my free movie ticket. What I found interesting was the comment the cashier said as I was handed the movie ticket. She said it was the first ticket she had handed out all day long. And this was at 4:00. I would maybe not have guessed that between the movie just about to come out and the 20% sale they had going.

I picked up this set at TRU yesterday after work and got my free movie ticket. What I found interesting was the comment the cashier said as I was handed the movie ticket. She said it was the first ticket she had handed out all day long. And this was at 4:00. I would maybe not have guessed that between the movie just about to come out and the 20% sale they had going.
Clerk I had had no clue about a free ticket until I asked for one. I would put more money on the employees not knowing than the sales being slow.

At the same time, the department was VERY well stocked. So maybe sales aren't there.

Draxal

Clerk I had had no clue about a free ticket until I asked for one. I would put more money on the employees not knowing than the sales being slow.

At the same time, the department was VERY well stocked. So maybe sales aren't there.

I think parents know about the Toys R Us lego tax and avoid TrUs for lego.. They're always have more stuff than (and older stuff) than the Targets/Walmarts.

I think parents know about the Toys R Us lego tax and avoid TrUs for lego.. They're always have more stuff than (and older stuff) than the Targets/Walmarts.

Good, I hope that is the case. TRU should come down on their Lego prices. It tends to be that way for me at a lot of TRU's stores.

But getting a voucher for a free ticket...uh...I may have to make a trip out there soon. Gonna be tough with the roads in the shape they are but a free ticket sounds nice.

ghostmind

From the LEGO store mini-build event:

SHtHQTv.jpg

vgtnA3f.jpg

niAhWHB.jpg

Good know, I'll stop into the store tomorrow morning!

Rootbeer

Banned
amazon put up a bunch of chi temples in warehousedeals. I am tempted to get one. LEGO Gaf, what would you do?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1C2RVK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Did you go into the store or check the website? Because when I checked the website today, it showed that no one in 50 miles had Rescue Reinforcements. Yet, when I went into the store myself they have piles of them.
... are you serious.
Well that makes me angry, because I could have got one yesterday. Drove right past TRU but didn't go in cause the website said no stores had it.
I'll try today... sigh.

Anyway, as of this moment the site still shows NO stores within 50 miles have it except one in Sunnydale and that's not worth the effort for me.

I have seen the set in person but I didn't love it so unless I can get a great discount, I plan to Briccklink the minifigs and call it a day.

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright! Finally TRU added in-store pick-up. Order submitted.

Today I will be picking up (hopefully):

Rescue Reinforcements 70813
Camper Van 60057
Super Secret Police Enforcer 30282

I've seen some blatant product copying in my day... but this really ranks up there. Mega is desperate for that LEGO dollar.

Oh, it is not the first.

http://s1.megabrandsmedia.com/catalog/styles/large/public/products/megabloks-build-n-play-luxury-yacht-80253-5085.jpg]
Barbie's Luxury Yacht

[IMG]http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/AdditionalImages/41015-1/41015_alt1.jpg
Dolphin Cruiser

megabloks-build-n-play-bakery-shop-80249-5052.jpg

Bakery Shop

41006-1.jpg

Downtown Bakery

megabloks-build-n-play-super-star-stage-80247-4827.jpg

Superstar Stage

41004_alt1.jpg

Rehearsal Stage

megabloks-build-n-play-glam-salon-80245-4817.jpg

Glam Salon

3187_alt2.jpg

Butterfly Beauty Shop

0TkQql.jpg

So I want to collect all of the upcoming Simpsons minifigures. I've never tried to collect minifigures before and I don't want to waste money on mystery polybags. I think that AFOLs usually buy a box of them but what are the details? Don't you generally have to split it with someone else to make it worth it? If so, anybody wanna go in on a box with me whenever it comes out?

Rootbeer

Banned
So I want to collect all of the upcoming Simpsons minifigures. I've never tried to collect minifigures before and I don't want to waste money on mystery polybags. I think that AFOLs usually buy a box of them but what are the details? Don't you generally have to split it with someone else to make it worth it? If so, anybody wanna go in on a box with me whenever it comes out?
I've tried going that route. Usually not much interest. I recommend finding a TRU or LEGO store and feel out the packs. Its not that challenging. Fun, actually.

So i just went over to Brickset for the amazon shopper and ... nooooooooooooo what happened? It's all NEW and confusing :(((( maybe it's better in the end that they updated their site but for now i am super lost!!

It was sold out the last couple days, but now you have a second chance if you want a go at it guys.

LEGO Chima 70009 Worriz Combat Lair 49% off
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1C2RRO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Here's an even better deal if you want two. Target has it for $35.99 ($0.30 more than Amazon), but they have the buy one get one 30% off sale going on right now. And if you have a Target redcard, you save an additional 5% and get free shipping. I bought two for $63.21 shipped. Not too shabby.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-chima-worriz-combat-lair-70009/-/A-14547620

So i just went over to Brickset for the amazon shopper and ... nooooooooooooo what happened? It's all NEW and confusing :(((( maybe it's better in the end that they updated their site but for now i am super lost!!

It's not too bad. Looks nice, but It's a bit too spacious for my taste. I liked the older one which was more simple, compact, and streamlined IMO.

I like when you search for a set it pulls a summary view which has the price. That's what I use Brickset for most of the time (besides news), to check MSRP. With the issues Brickset had recently, I learned Brickipedia provides similar pricing info.

Here's an even better deal if you want two. Target has it for $35.99 ($0.30 more than Amazon), but they have the buy one get one 30% off sale going on right now. And if you have a Target redcard, you save an additional 5% and get free shipping. I bought two for $63.21 shipped. Not too shabby.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-chima-worriz-combat-lair-70009/-/A-14547620

Cool. Looks like a clearance wave is coming. I'm being tempted now by the Gorzan Gorilla set now. :( I really wanted that set, but then got overwhelmed by so many new LEGO sets it fell near bottom of my list.

Ryuuroden

Got a little photo bomb of the beginnings of my setup at my new place. First 2 pictures are of some of my sets in other rooms on display. Still much to do and not everything I have is photographed.

12330499345_ce8c05924c_c.jpg

12330649083_11d6f33fc2_c.jpg

The next 6 pictures are of the new LEGO hobby room.

12330521015_af24d6a0ba_c.jpg

12330664873_0725184177_c.jpg

12330513895_3d0447aa05_c.jpg

The following picture is all my sets that I haven't built yet. There are a ton of them in the zip lock bags in the 2 boxes as well as the ones I haven't removed from the boxes. They are some of the sets I had listed in an earlier post of what I had for backlog.

12330510835_433b09f49f_c.jpg

All those yellow and black containers below are full of small plates, tiles, specialty pieces, etc sorted by color and so on.

12330945854_d1a664d349_c.jpg

This is my shelving so far. I plan on getting at least 3 more of these units.

12330948774_0bfe0250fe_c.jpg

Top Bottom