• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Kyari

This may have already been asked... But do you know what set or sets you won?

Super Star Destroyer, Death Star, Sand Crawler, Red 5 X-Wing, Ewok Village, R2-D2 and the Millenium Falcon.

Also too tired to build the Ecto-1 tonight but I made the minifigures and proton packs. SO GREAT.

Rootbeer

Banned
Falcon was going for $100 on amazon earlier today (plus buy 1 get 1 40% off if you wanted to double up), anyone snag one?

i already owned it but... great deal

Super Star Destroyer, Death Star, Sand Crawler, Red 5 X-Wing, Ewok Village, R2-D2 and the Millenium Falcon.

Also too tired to build the Ecto-1 tonight but I made the minifigures and proton packs. SO GREAT.

I'm very glad it's someone here on GAF that won although I almost don't envy you the task... talk about build fatigue......

I own 4 of those (SSD, X-Wing, R2 and the Falcon) and I don't think I could build them all one after the other but would also hate to see them sitting in the box.

Talk about 1st world problems :D

Kyari

The worst part is that I now have an overwhelming lego guilt. It was my birthday this past week and I was going to buy myself the Emporium, but can't bring myself to spend money on large sets with that on the horizon.
Made an exception for the Ecto-1.

Picked up that new X-Men set today, and I hadn't realized it came with Cyclops! The "exclusive fig tax" is high with this one.

Supa Necta: My local Mastermind is sold out of Rovers but they are trying to transfer one in from another regional location. Stay tuned, I'm trying.

My wife surprised me by letting me get the Simpsons House and buying me the Secret Police Drop Ship for my birthday :) It's back on sale on Amazon and I originally used my GC to preorder Benny's Spaceship. I cancelled Benny's Spaceship and went ahead and order the House :) The ship is awesome but I am an old school Simpsons fan and I can't afford to have them all :)

wetwired

I'm a bit over building those proton packs now, they're cool but I must have built them about 4 times over now

Picked up that new X-Men set today, and I hadn't realized it came with Cyclops! The "exclusive fig tax" is high with this one.

Supa Necta: My local Mastermind is sold out of Rovers but they are trying to transfer one in from another regional location. Stay tuned, I'm trying.
You rock. Thanks for your efforts.

I was trying to figure out what sets to get for the $75 Balloon Cart poly, was planning on either most of the Arctic or a mix of the Police Dropship and the GotG sets, but we got Town Hall back in and my choice became clear. It must be mine before it's gone again (for good?)

Hopefully we get the Pet Shop back in at some point over the next couple months so I can stop worrying about the damn Modulars retiring. Feels like Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant will be around for a good while still so I can focus my efforts (and wallet) elsewhere.

wetwired

I took the LED lights out of my CUUSOO Ecto-1 and put it in the official one (video)

I can now finally fit all the wiring and battery inside and have the switches accessible from outside. The siren is just added later for effect.

R-User!

I took the LED lights out of my CUUSOO Ecto-1 and put it in the official one (video)

I can now finally fit all the wiring and battery inside and have the switches accessible from outside. The siren is just added later for effect.
That's awesome that you can fit all of that in there now. Were you unable to fit all of it in based on your original build? Did LEGO coincidentally redesign the Ecto-1 to better accommodate more in the interior?

Also, are you planning to review the LEGO version of your Ecto-1, and list some comparisons and differences, or is that off the table?

Just wondering what you think of the redesign and/or your overall thoughts on the set: when/if you can say...

ghostmind

A few Series 12 CMF's (via CM4S on Eurobricks):

3yNSpoy.jpg
gTCWrkE.jpg
ptU4hVR.jpg
nh6bIXg.jpg

CoVh15Z.jpg

mojiimbo

The July S@H freebie is that Flashback Shredder. There's early VIP access to another exclusive the back half of the month and another(?) exclusive is being revealed at Comic Con.

YO THAT GAMER CMF LOOKS JUST LIKE ME

I am way into that new Wizard too. Really hope those turn out to be legit and not just randos like the motion capture suit guy.

Really diggin that Miner guy too. I'd take a whole theme of retro futuristic steampunk Bioshock miner guys. Like a Journy to the Center of the Earth theme all Jules Verne style with creepy middle-earth cave creatures.

wetwired

That's awesome that you can fit all of that in there now. Were you unable to fit all of it in based on your original build? Did LEGO coincidentally redesign the Ecto-1 to better accommodate more in the interior?

Also, are you planning to review the LEGO version of your Ecto-1, and list some comparisons and differences, or is that off the table?

Just wondering what you think of the redesign and/or your overall thoughts on the set: when/if you can say...

Yeah I couldn't find a way to make the interior usable in mine, I did verbally compare the 2 in the video review I did a while back for it? or do you mean in more depth?

ghostmind

The Ghost. I like this, it has a certain look which suggests it's not right off the forecourt, like it's been modified due to the different colours, parts salvaged from other ships perhaps?

The dual seat cockpit is a nice touch, to make it possible to put the pilot in the whole domed cockpit slides with a nice little pull but also licks in so feels very secure.

I really looked forward to this set due to the two ships fitting together but have been left with a sour taste. As mentioned above I feel the Phantom spoils the balance of the Ghost so I intend to moc something up to go in the gap, either a storage solution or a dropship. The other way to fix this would be to dock the Phantom cockpit inwards but I don't think I'll go that way.

Which way forward......?

How does it look when you separate the cockpit section of the Phantom and attach just the back end of it to the Ghost? Can you post some pics of this?

neonglow

Minecraft minifigure scale sets for the farm and cave. It looks like it came from a focus group test? Both seem underwhelming to me. Except for the Minecraft minifigures and printed plates, it feels like you could get everything at a PAB wall.

21114-lego-the-farm.png

21113-lego-the-cave.png

ghostmind

Minecraft minifigure scale sets for the farm and cave. It looks like it came from a focus group test? Both seem underwhelming to me. Except for the Minecraft minifigures and printed plates, it feels like you could get everything at a PAB wall.

21114-lego-the-farm.png

21113-lego-the-cave.png

I hope these are very preliminary, because they are very underwhelming to me as well.

That looks pretty much like what I'd expect the Lego Minecraft stuff to look like. Everything scales with the 2x2 bricks since they're the basic Mincraft Cube shape, so I'd imagine that's pretty much the best they can do. Can't go any smaller with slopes or wedges or plates since they don't exist in the game.

My biggest gripe though is the Minifigs for Steve and the Zombies, they look great except the damn arms, they need to just be straight rectangles. It looks too weird with bent rounded arms.

A few Series 12 CMF's (via CM4S on Eurobricks):

3yNSpoy.jpg
gTCWrkE.jpg
ptU4hVR.jpg
nh6bIXg.jpg

CoVh15Z.jpg

Sigh.
Dino hunter - looks like something leftover from the recent Dino theme. At least the hair mould looks new.
Swashbuckler - Cool. No new moulds or accessories, but it's well done.
Space miner - Meh. Nice new helmet and could always use more of that cool armor.
Video gamer. - It's ok.
Wizard - Nicer than I expected. Looks like new hat mould.

Looks like a meh even numbered series.

I just noticed, they appear they may have the new two-colors arms like in the Simpsons on video gamer and dino hunter.

EDIT: These are the ones I'm still hopeful will be awesome. So far I've liked all the mascot CMFs...looking forward to oink, oink, oink!

Battle Goddess
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Spooky Girl
Genie Girl
Rock Star

Not a big fan of the minifig designs. Maybe they'd look better if they cheated and gave them newly molded blocky arms.

Yes. The blocky arms would have done the trick for the minifigs. Will be interesting to see how the block head is made. Looks like it could be reused as a regular brick element.

21114-lego-the-farm.png

21113-lego-the-cave.png

Those are really ugly. Maybe if they used tiles to cover the studs it would look a bit less hideous. But those just...yeah.

mojiimbo

That looks pretty much like what I'd expect the Lego Minecraft stuff to look like. Everything scales with the 2x2 bricks since they're the basic Mincraft Cube shape, so I'd imagine that's pretty much the best they can do. Can't go any smaller with slopes or wedges or plates since they don't exist in the game.

My biggest gripe though is the Minifigs for Steve and the Zombies, they look great except the damn arms, they need to just be straight rectangles. It looks too weird with bent rounded arms.
I wasn't expecting that much until I read that they recently hired >>this guy<< to work on the project.

Hmmm on the CMFs. If that's the dino hunter, at least she comes with interesting colours. Space guy is okay.

Still having high hopes for the rest.

sharbhund

Ugh. I just spent about $50 on Bricklink for 2 figures: Momo and Zuko. For only having 2 sets made in the Avatar theme, getting all of the named characters has been very expensive.

Wait wait wait, the girl is the Dino Hunter!? With the crossbow and the syringe?! What the fuck man, I thought it would be a unique stand alone figure and maybe even come with a baby dinosaur like that little baby t-rex they made (and one of the Master Builders in the Lego Movie has on his head) but that is totally just an additional fig for the Dino sets and a massive, massive kick in the balls to those of us that missed out on those sets and will never get them. I take personal offense to that CMF. :mad:

Man those CMF look very promising. I'm so excited to get them since I had no interest in the Simpsons minifigures. Swashbuckler looks really cool. Have no interest in Gamer Guy but I want that tile.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Does the Hunger Games feature a syringe? I suppose a dino hunter would use a tranquilizer gun but LEGO doesn't want to give her a rifle; so syringe it is!

wetwired

Finished the spaceship, I'm calling it

"Lenny's Fighter, Fighter!, FIGHTER!"

CS_Ship_03_Front.JPG

CS_Ship_03_Back.JPG

CS_Ship_03_Top.JPG

And with Kenny's Robot, Robot! ROBOT!

CS_Both.JPG

I still have time for tweaks if anyone has any feedback

Top Bottom