• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

SpeedNut

So awesome and not so awesome.

Had my first father daughter build of Simpsons house a few weeks ago. The little one surprised me with her part finding skills for a two year old. Needless to say it was an awesome build experience on that alone. The house has some fundamental structural issues attaching and d'état hint the garage, but that's for another time.

Now the not so awesome. Said 2 year old decided to commandeer the mini figs w/ accessories to play with and lost Lisa's report card and Bart's skateboard. How cool is Lego w/ requests to rebuy those pieces? I'm looking at 3 parts for the skateboard, a whole damn sticker sheet for the skateboard stripe, and either a printed 2x2 square for the report card or a blank and the sticker (I forget if that was printed or not).

Thanks!

wetwired

So awesome and not so awesome.

Had my first father daughter build of Simpsons house a few weeks ago. The little one surprised me with her part finding skills for a two year old. Needless to say it was an awesome build experience on that alone. The house has some fundamental structural issues attaching and d'état hint the garage, but that's for another time.

Now the not so awesome. Said 2 year old decided to commandeer the mini figs w/ accessories to play with and lost Lisa's report card and Bart's skateboard. How cool is Lego w/ requests to rebuy those pieces? I'm looking at 3 parts for the skateboard, a whole damn sticker sheet for the skateboard stripe, and either a printed 2x2 square for the report card or a blank and the sticker (I forget if that was printed or not).

Thanks!

I can't remember where I read it but Lego will replace lost parts at cost price apparently

Yeah on the same section of the site where you request missing parts you can also order lost or damaged parts.

I'm in a bind guys. I was 100% set on getting Town Hall for my Balloon Guy June purchase, but someone just returned a Pet Shop. It's the only one in the store and we have no idea when or if we'll get more in. I'm hesitant to buy it over Town Hall because that disappeared about a month ago and we all thought it was gone (along with GE) but we just got two huge shipments of them this week.

So should I buy Town Hall, operating under the idea that our latest monster shipment is the last? Or should I get Pet Shop because who knows when/if we'll get more?

The one thing that's keeping me leaning towards Town Hall is that so far I've heard NO rumors of Pet Shop being discontinued online. That, and there's every possibility that they're just rotating stock right now and in a month or so when TH and GE are legit gone (heh, third time's a charm?) Pet Shop will come back.

Yeah on the same section of the site where you request missing parts you can also order lost or damaged parts.

I'm in a bind guys. I was 100% set on getting Town Hall for my Balloon Guy June purchase, but someone just returned a Pet Shop. It's the only one in the store and we have no idea when or if we'll get more in. I'm hesitant to buy it over Town Hall because that disappeared about a month ago and we all thought it was gone (along with GE) but we just got two huge shipments of them this week.

So should I buy Town Hall, operating under the idea that our latest monster shipment is the last? Or should I get Pet Shop because who knows when/if we'll get more?

The one thing that's keeping me leaning towards Town Hall is that so far I've heard NO rumors of Pet Shop being discontinued online. That, and there's every possibility that they're just rotating stock right now and in a month or so when TH and GE are legit gone (heh, third time's a charm?) Pet Shop will come back.

I would go with the Town Hall. It's an amazing set and personally, I feel it's a set that won't be as easy to come by in the future. I personally wished that I had ordered it instead of the Simpson's house, especially after hearing that it is being discontinued.

Edit: On second thought, I'll keep my Simpson set :) The Town Hall is awesome but it doesn't hold any significance to me like the Simpson home. WordAssassin, I wish you luck with your ultimate choice... even though I hope you go with the Town Hall :)

Been preparing for my move in a month and pulled out all my Lego boxes... made me think back at how awesome the packaging was as a kid on lego sets, primarily the flip open front boxes that let you see the pieces inside.

I mostly remember that on the pirate sets.

Also, is it smart to keep my boxes? I havent flattened them, but I don't know if it's wise to burn em, flatten em, or keep em.

Pet Shop is a better set in my opinion, but Town Hall is a towering beast when complete, and really helps tie all the buildings together.
There are more rumors of Town Hall disappearing than Pet Shop, so I would say Town Hall just for that.

Rhaegar

Also, is it smart to keep my boxes? I havent flattened them, but I don't know if it's wise to burn em, flatten em, or keep em.

I open my boxes carefully so they don't tear and then flatten them for storage. I just love the way they look and can't stand to part with them.

If you ask my wife though, it's because it helps the resale value. ;-)

Went to new LEGO Store before work to redeem most of my VIP points. Got all series 2 mixels, and only had to pay tax on it all. YAY!

The manager remembered me from the last time, so that is good. Trying to make connections so when positions do finally open up I can have an easier time.

There were also a few people there asking for Ecto-1, and he said it was a hard June 1st date. He was shocked when I told him other stores had broken that date somewhere in the country.

Anyways, time to build some Mixels.

Rootbeer

Banned
Woohoo, Ecto-1 is now available on the site to purchase! Got my order in!

Saw it too...

I am waiting for the balloon offer to go live though, as well as the GotG sets... remember you need $75 to get the free shipping!

It should all be up within the next 100 minutes... give or take, based on past trends.

Built the blue Mixels. Meh for two of them, but Slumbo is one of the best Mixels. So awesome.

fOUwrJ4.png

Onto the next batch. Saving the orange guys for last.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ecto-1 and all 3 GotG sets ordered! Free cart scored :3 Also used $40 of VIP points. After looking at the SW lineup coming up... I'll be building it back up in no time.

I was thinking hard about taking a trip to the LEGO store in the morning... who knows, maybe still will so I can score a second cart.

I wonder if wetwired sees dollar signs every time someone says they ordered an Ecto-1? :) hehehe

Rootbeer

Banned
Whoa when did X-men vs Sentinal come out?

I dont know what else to get to make my Ecto order $75 :(

On S@H it's new as of right now. Been in LEGO Retail stores and Toys R Us for maybe two weeks?

Well you could pad your order with mixels until you qualify for both the free shipping and free balloon cart.

wetwired

I think I've stuffed up my order, I hadn't got an email for the first lot and it didn't show up in my orders after about 3 hours so I did it again, now I have 2 orders for 10 Ecto-1s :|

Brown Mixels completed. Damn fantastic group there. Very few of the new ball joints in the lot, but some of the best stuff for character so far. Especially this guy:

41513_gobba.png

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cheeseburger today!"

neonglow

Placed my order for an ECTO-1 and the cheapest GOTG set. I'll probably pick up another ECTO-1 at the local LEGO store on Monday if they have any left.

Orange Mixels completed. I thought these would be my favorites, but the brown guys won out in the end. The mustaches are awesome though, and I love the aquatic feel of them all.

41515_kraw.png

"Soon, Luigi. Soon. Soon we shall have our revenge!"

Zerojul

I know it's just temporary, but for some reason on Amazon.fr the new SW sets are even more expensive than on S@H. Official Amazon prices, mind you, not resellers. Guess I'll just get Ghost/Phantom on the UK one.

Rhaegar

My son just turned 3 so I decided to start the transition from Duplo to the "big boy" sets he sees me displaying by trying out the LEGO Juniors line. Picked this up:
673419211680_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

and have to say that we had a blast building it together. Still don't trust him to play with it when I'm not watching him closely (fear of swallowing smaller pieces or scattering them to the four corners of the earth) but we had a lot of fun just playing around with it together. Now to find that Spider-Man Juniors set...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Gonna stick with Town Hall. I have very specific plans for my Lego City and Town Hall is a necessity. Likewise with zero rumors of Pet Shop going anywhere, I'll pick it up in a month or two. Even if our store runs out for a while there are two other Lego Stores in LA that I can trek to to secure it.

I think my plan is gonna be like this:

PS_____PR
GE_TH_PC

Instead of lining them all up, I'm gonna put Grand Emporium and Palace Cinema on the sides of Town Hall, and then build backwards in two rows. I always see them all in a flat row but I think this'll be a nice alternative, the space between the Modulars going backwards would essentially be a Main Street that starts/ends at Town Hall.

Edit: Oh damn I was on Amazon and my hand slipped several times and I ordered the Iron Man bootleg set with the Stealth Armor oh nooo

GameStop is having an event next Saturday. They've restocked on poly bag Emmet and Bilbo and you'll get one with any lego game purchase.

Ryuuroden

Getting ready to head out soon. If they allow me I may make 3 separate purchases of stuff so I can get 3 balloon polybags. I hope they do otherwise ill just make 1 and do another 2 online purchases instead. I will have my 3 balloon carts!

Ponn

Banned
Ugh. i'm staring at my order screen for Ecto-1, Frosticons and Milano. I can't afford all of them but I can't bring myself to remove anything.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Bought echo-1 and the city care hauler to get free shipping and the balloon cart. Now we wait.

Ponn

Banned
Remove Milano. You know you will find good sales on it eventually, but probably not the other sets.

So you're saying I should go ahead and get the Milano because there is a chance it may not be available ever again and it's the Milano.

Ok you convinced me, off to sell a kidney.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or do these things not even remotely look anything Minecraft? :/ Not a fan, liked the microworlds way more.

Oh my god The Mine. That is absolutely massive, be still my heart @___@

If you were to put studs on top of all the blocks in Minecraft is would look just like these sets, don't know what y'all are having a problem with. I guess if they put tiles on each brick to make them smooth like the Microworlds then it might look a little better but I think they look pretty good so far.

So we've seen five of how many sets?

Edit: just noticed they made "coal" blocks in the wall out of 1x1 grey and black plates in the mine, that's awesome.

GameStop is having an event next Saturday. They've restocked on poly bag Emmet and Bilbo and you'll get one with any lego game purchase.

Awesome. I really want that Western Emmet minifig.

My wife has given me clearance to go up to the LEGO store today. Definitely picking up Brent's ECTO-1 and another set. I think in pick up e Town Hall if they have in stock.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
"Curved" rails look really meh.

Probably way too expensive, but maybe they should print all the brick sides. Looks very barren otherwise.

Ryuuroden

The Ghostbuster sets were flying off the shelves when I got to the store today. I made 2 purchases of over 75 dollars to get 2 balloon bags.

Top Bottom