• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ironmask

For who asked the complete page

V6Kb0Fd.jpg

ghostmind

Sure np, hadn't thought of that myself....

Cockpit removed, ship inserted as per instructions:

Cockpit removed, inserted "wrong way", engines out:

Rear view:

Thanks! Attaching the Phantom with the cockpit removed and engines out looks way better IMO, and far more balanced than having the front end of the Phantom hanging off the back of the Ghost.

I wish LEGO would do this Iron Man figure. Silver Centurion Mk.33 is my favorite suit. I am actually surprise that they spend the time to customize each figure. I though they were all the same generic print with different colors.

I wish LEGO would do this Iron Man figure. Silver Centurion Mk.33 is my favorite suit. I am actually surprise that they spend time to custom each figure. I though they were all the same generic print with different colors.

I was surprised too. Each one of my Iron Man minifigs has unique custom printing on the front and back. I have a favortie too. I'll take a pic later and post.

Thanks! Attaching the Phantom with the cockpit removed and engines out looks way better IMO, and far more balanced than having the front end of the Phantom hanging off the back of the Ghost.

By the way, forgot to mention, I added the tail fin. On the set it was a silly new shooter brick. I think I might play with extending the pod so it's level with the white part in-between the engines.

Battle goddess is awesome. Liking the wizard and swashbuckler too.
Getting hopeful after seeing battle goddess as my first impressions were Series 12 would be so-so.

Does the Hunger Games feature a syringe? I suppose a dino hunter would use a tranquilizer gun but LEGO doesn't want to give her a rifle; so syringe it is!

It's obvious she impales the dino with an arrow then manually injects the dino with a sedative. Maybe the injection is a painkiller. :)

EDIT: I just noticed the feet on battle goddess. Brilliant idea to look like sandals. Let's hope battle god (Ares/Mars), battle messenger (Hermes/Mercury), and more mythology shows up in future CMFs.

Also, it looks like my local LEGO store manager was incorrect about future CMF's being "themes".

Anyone know the official MSRP of the Cantina set? Watched Jang's video of it and I need it.

Also, liking the CMFs we are seeing. I think the gamer controller is modeled after a 360 controller (button colors, d-pad shape, analog sticks). Seems like it'll be a series where a lot of the parts won't be new but the prints will be. I want that miner guy since there's a lot I can get out of all his parts.

Marko723

Neo Member

ghostmind

LEGO has released a free Ultra Agents app for iOS and Android. It's aimed at kids, but contains background info on the Ultra Agents theme, as well as small alternate builds for each kit (unlocked by using the correct analysis tool at certain points in each chapter). There are mini games, but they are optional. If you have a spare hour, and are interested in the UA backstory, then it might be worth your time.

(Yes, I just spent the last hour completing it.)

ghostmind

75060 UCS Star Wars set (Slave I)
76023 UCS DC Universe set (Batman Tumbler)

The set names in brackets are still rumor, but I'm fairly confident in them.

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the help and advice! I finally jumped in and bought/built my first lego set as an adult! I got the 21103 - Back to the Future DeLorean!

Unfortunately, it's missing a couple of pieces (the outatime license plate and a 2x1 piece for the engine block. I'll post a pic when they come in!

I'm excited to get the ecto-1 tomorrow and will be looking forward to building more things!

Please keep the advice coming as well! It's great to see other people my age who have this as a hobby!

rallaren

LEGO has released a free Ultra Agents app for iOS and Android. It's aimed at kids, but contains background info on the Ultra Agents theme, as well as small alternate builds for each kit (unlocked by using the correct analysis tool at certain points in each chapter). There are mini games, but they are optional. If you have a spare hour, and are interested in the UA backstory, then it might be worth your time.

(Yes, I just spent the last hour completing it.)
The last mission seems bugged for me but I guess the alt build is small like the other ones and nothing I want to bother with.

Edit: Forgot I have bluestacks.

The first one is pretty cool:

QpcxfIL.jpg

ghostmind

Wait wait, so the half june vip priority is the tumbler? What about the mini cooper?

I would think that the Tumbler would be the San Diego Comicon reveal (probably for sale in August/September), and the Mini is the mid-july VIP exclusive.

The UCS Star Wars set won't be out until September/October.

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the help and advice! I finally jumped in and bought/built my first lego set as an adult! I got the 21103 - Back to the Future DeLorean!

Unfortunately, it's missing a couple of pieces (the outatime license plate and a 2x1 piece for the engine block. I'll post a pic when they come in!

I'm excited to get the ecto-1 tomorrow and will be looking forward to building more things!

Please keep the advice coming as well! It's great to see other people my age who have this as a hobby!

Welcome to the club! I just "joined" a few weeks ago and my first set was the DeLorean as well. In the last few days, I just spend $300 (with the aide of gift cards) on a few sets and mystery minifigure packs. I'm still thinking about the Ecto-1 :) If I get it, it will be the last set for a few months because of budget and my baby is due any day now :)

theaface

Went to the 1st birthday at the Watford branch today. Picked up the Town Hall modular and with that they gave me:

- 3 custom minifigures (to be redeemed later)
- 100 extra VIP points
- Flashback Shredder minifigure
- 3300003 Lego Store set

I had a panic as when I arrived, a lady had picked up the Town Hall and it was the last one. Thankfully she put it down so I swept it up and went on my way. I know it's soon to be discontinued and didn't want to risk it going out of stock.

Went to the 1st birthday at the Watford branch today. Picked up the Town Hall modular and with that they gave me:

- 3 custom minifigures (to be redeemed later)
- 100 extra VIP points
- Flashback Shredder minifigure
- 3300003 Lego Store set

I had a panic as when I arrived, a lady had picked up the Town Hall and it was the last one. Thankfully she put it down so I swept it up and went on my way. I know it's soon to be discontinued and didn't want to risk it going out of stock.

Very lucky haha. Did you not get a free gift for showing the VIP leaflet I'm guessing you were sent in the post? I was given a piece of cake.

I'm undecided on what set to do next. I might do another small set before starting on the Grand emporium.

Whats the best lego movie set for around 100 dollars (preferably less)? On a budget and craving some lego stuff after listening to "Everything is awesome"

ghostmind

Whats the best lego movie set for around 100 dollars (preferably less)? On a budget and craving some lego stuff after listening to "Everything is awesome"

It depends what you are looking for...

If you want a playset, then 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair, if you want a classic-inspired space ship, then 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!.

My favorite, though only $80, is 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship

theaface

Very lucky haha. Did you not get a free gift for showing the VIP leaflet I'm guessing you were sent in the post? I was given a piece a cake.

It slipped my mind, to be honest! Just as well really, as I'm trying to only focus on larger sets and not have too many bits and pieces lying around (like all the Daily Mail poly bags, for example)!

It slipped my mind, to be honest! Just as well really, as I'm trying to only focus on larger sets and not have too many bits and pieces lying around (like all the Daily Mail poly bags, for example)!

Haha I currently have a stack of about 10 poly bags. Mostly from the daily mail giveaway as well. I'm going to be cheesy and save the piece of birthday cake for my actual birthday.

Built 6212 x-wing and Anakin's y-wing today. I got them in a 13 lb eBay lot so they were not 100% complete. The y-wing is a convertible due to missing cockpit glass.

They were both fun builds.

Spaceship is now available on Swedish S@H. Spaceship is now ordered.

There's some missing stuff though. The Ninjago city set is nowhere to be seen, neither is Ecto-1. Are they coming later? I really, really, really hope there isn't some licensing issues with Ecto-1.

I was going to make it separate orders for more balloon carts anyway, but it's worrying...

Nevermind, it's all there now. I kind of wanted the Bike Shop but for now I went with a surprisingly cheap Ecto-1 and the TMNT exclusive (for Don and Raph).

It's really weird though. The Delorean and Ecto-1 are both 549 SEK here. Sometimes they go crazy and charge us three times the US price, sometimes only 1,5 times.

PolyphonicBoy

Neo Member
Wow. UK price for ECTO-1 is officially £44.99.

Costs $49.99 in US which is worth £29.82, so we're being royally ripped off.

Plus it's under LEGO's £50 cut off for free delivery, so we need to add £3.95 shipping.

theaface

Wow. UK price for ECTO-1 is officially £44.99.

Costs $49.99 in US which is worth £29.82, so we're being royally ripped off.

Plus it's under LEGO's £50 cut off for free delivery, so we need to add £3.95 shipping.

Do bear in mind that the US has tax on top of the RRP. That said, it's still quite a hefty imbalance. I'll be giving it a miss at that price, which is a shame. Can't justify the expense when I can get the entire second wave of Mixels for £27 by comparison.

Rootbeer

Banned
I noticed JANG was reviewing the new Rebels SW sets along with the GotG and Ecto-1 June 1st sets... does that mean those are also releasing tomorrow in LEGO stores across the US? I thought those were August.

Kyari

Saw the new Marvel sets today and was sorely tempted.. but backlog guilt over the Star Wars UCS stuff is winning out still. :(

mojiimbo

I noticed JANG was reviewing the new Rebels SW sets along with the GotG and Ecto-1 June 1st sets... does that mean those are also releasing tomorrow in LEGO stores across the US? I thought those were August.
Nope. I assumed he imported them as even Amazon UK is selling them.

Ryuuroden

Well, constantly talking about LEGO in the irc channel I have hung out in for the last 13 years has gotten a bunch of people there interested in the ECTO-1. A few of them will be going out tomorrow to get it. :)

Top Bottom