• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Caladrius

Will 2015 see the return of BIONICLE?

LEGO Bionicle 70778 Defender Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70779 Defender Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70780 Defender Water
LEGO Bionicle 70781 Defender Land
LEGO Bionicle 70782 Defender Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70783 Defender Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa Master Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70785 Pohatu Master Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70786 Gali Master Water
LEGO Bionicle 70787 Tahu Master Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70788 Kopaka Master Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70789 Onua Master Land
LEGO Bionicle 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders

Don't do this to my cold, dead heart.

Will 2015 see the return of BIONICLE?

LEGO Bionicle 70778 Defender Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70779 Defender Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70780 Defender Water
LEGO Bionicle 70781 Defender Land
LEGO Bionicle 70782 Defender Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70783 Defender Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa Master Jungle
LEGO Bionicle 70785 Pohatu Master Stones
LEGO Bionicle 70786 Gali Master Water
LEGO Bionicle 70787 Tahu Master Fire
LEGO Bionicle 70788 Kopaka Master Ice
LEGO Bionicle 70789 Onua Master Land
LEGO Bionicle 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders

I be cry. I'd go crazy if true. Miss me some damn good OG Bionicle.

3F94CEC9-7FAD-4B11-A341-27E3652B2F69-5478-000008874DDF5580_zps0f10b890.jpg

Had to use my $5 bucks I had at TRU and the Academy set was half priced so I couldn't say no to it. Maybe the book will explain how we went from Exo-Force (mechs with knee joints) to what we have today (no knee joints)

Toys R Us has BOGO 40% off this week on a bunch of sets. What's most interesting to me is it will work on the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets. I'll probably get the Milano and something to go with it.

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=12366890

I was thinking meh, so we get sets closer to MSRP with essentially 20% off each set if prices are the same. But seeing that some of the $10 sets (MSRP) are valid for that offer makes it actually good. Those Chima Legends $10 sets count so I may pick up a few more of those. Some of the discounted Speedorz are also a good deal.

It's time to kick off 2015 set rumors/info with CITY Police!

60065 Police ATV
60066 Police Transport Hovercraft
60067 Police Helicopter
60068 Crook Shelter
60069 Water Police
60071 Police Chase on Transport Hovercraft

The names are translated from Russian, but you can probably get the basic gist of it. Personally, I envision 60069 as a squad of H2O enforcers, armed with clubs to smack anyone who leaves the tap running.

The police state continues! Seriously, I want a city park or something. At least Friends is there to fill in the gaps.

I'd like to see sets you wouldn't expect. City Dump, EPA Inspection Van, City Highway Construction (strangely sans construction worker figs)

School, offices (business suit minifigs, but they have nowhere to go), low rent apts, night club, movie studio or radio station, retail stores like Brick Depot, pest control, etc

ZOO !!!

ghostmind

I'm betting we get one of three CITY subthemes for 2015. My odds, from most likely to least:

1. Construction
2. Airport
3. Farm

Hopefully there is a second new subtheme as well for the year.

ghostmind

Via Gremer on Eurobricks, a list of the known details on the upcoming Hobbit sets:

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Armored Elrond, Galadriel, and the Witch King (true form)
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

79018 (858 pieces, $130):
- Interior of the Lonely Mountain
- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

How about a Circus line? With a big top set. How about a racetrack set? How about anything but fire and police? They sure like to play it super safe. We could even use more amusement park sets...

Ainaurdur

Via Gremer on Eurobricks, a list of the known details on the upcoming Hobbit sets:

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

I cautiously want them all, but Galadriel and true form (white wraith world version?) Witch King? Instabuy.

Ponn

Banned

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

Witch King needs a Fell Beasty. And we never got an Eowyn figure. Holy crap at that Smaug set. I smell Goblin King all over, will wait on that one. Especially if Smaug isn't brick built.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll be getting them all, the Smaug may not be the grand piece we'd like him to be, but dammit, it's still Smaug and I'll be kicking myself once they discontinue it if i've never bought it. JUST like I have been with the Dino sets.

Also for those more in the know... are the Star Wars sets finally coming to the USA on Aug 1st? I've been saving up!

How about a Circus line? With a big top set. How about a racetrack set? How about anything but fire and police? They sure like to play it super safe. We could even use more amusement park sets...

Circus would be a great theme! Animal moulds can be shared between zoo and circus.

Ravek

Banned
Itd be nice just to have a park. With a small bridge over water, a few nice trees, flowers, a swimg set, merry go round and a slide, a couple enjoying a picnic, couple tall light post, sidewalk....yeah.

Ryuuroden

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

ewww, 858 pieces for 130 dollars :/

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

Getting the small set for sure. I'm hoping that "true form" means his black, crowned version (in case we never get Pelennor). I don't see a reason to get more of Lake-Town (skipped the first one). The third set is probably the battle so it depends on which figures we get. Last one heavily depends on how interesting Smaug is, but it is indeed overpriced. In a best case scenario, it would translate to costing the same as Palace Cinema here.

I'll be getting them all, the Smaug may not be the grand piece we'd like him to be, but dammit, it's still Smaug and I'll be kicking myself once they discontinue it if i've never bought it. JUST like I have been with the Dino sets.

Also for those more in the know... are the Star Wars sets finally coming to the USA on Aug 1st? I've been saving up!

Seriously, from now on any sets with special Big Figs, I'm buying.

I just built the figures from the Hulk Lab set and Hulk is amazing. The dragon from the current Castle theme is just beautiful. I'll probably get both of the large Spider-Man sets, one for Dr Doom and JJJ, the other for Green Goblin. Gonna get the LOTR set purely for Smaug.

I'm so pissed at myself over the Dino sets I will never let a good Big Fig pass by again.

As far as the new Star Wars sets, they will absolutely be available by Aug 1st, with some stores receiving and putting them out as soon as they get them (AKA, any day now).

wetwired

JULY HAUL!

july-haul.jpg

S@H arrival day!, My haul along with a separate package that arrived from LEGO. Some Ghostbusters set signed by the LEGO Ideas team and the official designers and the card used in the reveal video when it was first announced!
One of the signed sets will also be signed by myself as well and up for grabs (most likely via a raffle) at the BrisBricks October show in Brisbane with proceeds of the raffle going to charity.

JULY HAUL!

july-haul.jpg

S@H arrival day!, My haul along with a separate package that arrived from LEGO. Some Ghostbusters set signed by the LEGO Ideas team and the official designers and the card used in the reveal video when it was first announced!
One of the signed sets will also be signed by myself as well and up for grabs (most likely via a raffle) at the BrisBricks October show in Brisbane with proceeds of the raffle going to charity.

That is soo awesome, the sign seems like such a nice touch to give it to you!

Ravek

Banned
JULY HAUL!

july-haul.jpg

Pretty great!

Ponn

Banned
Man, im a bit worried that we have calendar info through August for U.S. and no White Cosmonaut set in sight. Do people in the know think we will be getting it at all here?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Started working on turning Haunted house into a modular. This might be a long and extensive project and if I can't get it to work I might just turn it into a Green Grocer. We will see how it goes.

Can't figure out how to share my images from Flickr now. Stupid site. ill update some time later.

JULY HAUL!

july-haul.jpg

So cool. Hope you are able to raise a lot of money for charity. Definitely would be cool to have a LEGO Ideas set signed by the LEGO Ideas project designer and the official LEGO designer.

LEGO Batman 3 game preorder GameStop exclusive:

H7y13S2.jpg

Oh snap

Very tempting. I have a strong preference to the "underwear" classic look though. I'm on the fence. Good price for game would convince me.

Can anbyody tell me if they have had any luck finding the new Imperial Starship in the states? I would love to pick it up along with the snowspeeder and the ATAT

79015 (101 pieces, $15):
- Small rock piece

79016 (313 pieces, $30):
- Lake-Town Chase add-on
- Bain

79017 (471 pieces, $60):
- Dain II Ironfoot

- Arkenstone
- Smaug, Bilbo Baggins

Wish I could afford to buy like 3 copies of every lotr set I don't have yet, including out-of-print ones :(

Guess it's time to consider building my own fell beast.

Where do you work? I am wondering if Target or Toys R US might have them out in the wild yet?

Lego store in LA. But back when Arctic and Agents came out, we got them ahead of the "official" release and put them out, while other stores in CA didn't have them yet, so I dunno? Unless otherwise instructed to, we put out sets as we get them, so it could have to do with shipping and other stores not getting them in yet.

Top Bottom