• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
oh... I think this is important to mention...

All the Advent sets are on shop.lego.com too, so why not get yourself a free spaceman set out of the deal if you already planned on getting an advent set or two?

Rootbeer

Banned
I know LEGO stores are preferable, but I got all of my Mixels S3 at TRU, so you can try there as well.

That's probably also where I'll be spotting CMF S12 first too, usually pans out that way.

As great as The Simpsons S1 was (and i'm super pumped for S2) I can't wait to finally be finding more blind bags in the wild. They make great impulse buys even once you've completed a set.

I have... 5x of the core simpsons family and 2 or 3x of the others. I'm planning on using them for trades down the road. Once Simpsons S2 hits stores their demand should go up. So I hope nobody is passing on them now while they still have an easy shot at them.
Bought a nice large bag of loose Lego from the flea market today but it has quite a few of those soccer/NBA pieces...they are kinda unwieldy so I'm not sure what to do with them haha
Please let us know what you scored in that bag! There's a lot of treasure out there to be found. Wish I had more time for hunting around garage sales, flea markets and the like.

wetwired

Still waiting on parts to finish the batcave so I made something to hang off the edge of the table for the display, I didn't have any basic black bricks left so I had to do it all with plates :/

batsymbol.jpg

Ryuuroden

Still waiting on parts to finish the batcave so I made something to hang off the edge of the table for the display, I didn't have any basic black bricks left so I had to do it all with plates :/

batsymbol.jpg

Gimme all your plates~~~~

That's going to be a bitch to take apart.

kapowza

started to build the new Technic Volvo wheel loader thing last night. Sixteen hundred pieces, no numbered bags. I gave up trying to find a wee clutch gear and threw in one from another set then when I eventually found it I noticed the older one I used has wee teeth on the top and the newer one is smooth. I bet it'll fuck up the whole thing and it'll explode when I turn on the motor and imbed pegs and yellow shrapnel in my face

Fumoffu

Neo Member
bFOl9oF.jpg

Completed her over the weekend while watching the TDK trilogy. It is true there are loose pieces but in-person, it just has that wow factor. Here's hoping they can make The Bat!

Rootbeer

Banned
I did it you guys.

I finally got Town Hall.

So that cost you... $100 plus tax right?

I'm crying T__T

But that's awesome. Damn why don't I try to get a part time gig at the LEGO store.

We are getting ready to move and I'm tempted to look for places near the LEGO store simply for that purpose. I hope I'm not going insane for considering this!

Could be worse. could be $50.

Yes, that was awful. I could not rationalize paying that much. IMO the minifigs are better overall for $10 less this year.

Or the Friends Mall :) It's really nice honestly.

Reasons I can't devote more to Friends stuff (in general):
1) space
2) colors are less suitable for MOCs I'm working on or interested in working on in the future
3) money better spent on other LEGO sets, IMO...

Now, if I had a daughter...
I do own Dolphin Cruiser, all of the Animals polybags and a few other sets, just for the record. Oh... and I want to get the News Van

Why is there a decapitated mini-doll in the mall?!? No shame in Friends stuff. I just wish the animals weren't so cute so they could fit better with non-Friends sets. I have all of them as well for the animals and some of the cool parts (new plant, swirly 1x1 round decorative thingy, etc).

batsymbol.jpg

Wow. All plates gives it a nice consistent texture. It possibly looks better than it would have with black bricks.

Gimme all your plates~~~~

That's going to be a bitch to take apart.

Naw. Just need to use the ultra-rare hard to find brick separator. As I kid, when they didn't have a brick separator, I used the brick/plate technique where you attach a brick or plate to give you more leverage (just like a brick separator).

I did it you guys.

I finally got Town Hall.

With your discount there is no excuse to miss any modular. :)

As a matter of fact, you should get all UCS stuff as well. :) Worst case is when you no longer work at the LEGO store you can sell it off or to be "legit" give it as a "gift" to a friend who will give you something in return (could be cash or something else).

Rootbeer

Banned
BentBricks: just wanted you to know I ordered the minifig in your avatar from bricklink yesterday! It wasn't planned that way, but just realized it. A seller I was getting stuff from had one for a good price so I added it. Sadly don't have any figs from that series (until it arrives!)

Now I want to pose a question to everyone.

SJI45BAl.jpg

What do you think about games that use LEGO pieces as a core element? I don't mean the board games LEGO makes or the TT video games, I mean third party games such as Brickwars, Mobile Frame Zero or even LEGO Quest?

Do you have experience playing them? Or any thoughts? I'm really curious to try one if I could convince anyone I know to participate :p And... it would give you entirely new and creative uses for your brick collection.

ruxtpin

Banned
would you recommend it above the grand emporium?

That's a hard call. I'd say they're both about even. I might give a slight edge to the Town Hall actually. I like putting random figs in and around town hall in my setup. One of the alien commanders looks like he's running the town meeting.

BentBricks: just wanted you to know I ordered the minifig in your avatar from bricklink yesterday! It wasn't planned that way, but just realized it. A seller I was getting stuff from had one for a good price so I added it. Sadly don't have any figs from that series (until it arrives!)

Now I want to pose a question to everyone.

SJI45BAl.jpg

What do you think about games that use LEGO pieces as a core element? I don't mean the board games LEGO makes or the TT video games, I mean third party games such as Brickwars, Mobile Frame Zero or even LEGO Quest?

Do you have experience playing them? Or any thoughts? I'm really curious to try one if I could convince anyone I know to participate :p And... it would give you entirely new and creative uses for your brick collection.

Excellent. The cyclops is one of my favorite minifigs in that CMF series. I love it when the demand for CMF's I like a lot are low. Very cheap to pick multiples up in the aftermarket. I'm hoping the Huns and a few others are cheaper aftermarket (without accessories) compared to MSRP like the Cyclops.

No idea, but I imagine those games could be fun. Essentially it's the game that matters. The LEGO parts are just replacing having to buy game pieces and backdrops.

I'll be picking mine up next month. It'll cost me $300 AUD though.

I feel for my fellow Aussie AFOL's. Apologies for whining as I know in the U.S. we have it really good for the most part regarding LEGO prices. That said, I will still whine. :)

Was going to get the Tumbler today for the white spaceman and chima promo, but changed my mind and got the Haunted House instead. I'm afraid it might retire after Halloween this year. Tumbler will be available for a while.

We had friends of the family over for the Holiday today. When their kids saw all my Lego, I thought they were going to pass out. My modular set up is always a real head turner. I love all the attention it gets, lol.

I got my partial refund, thanks, WordAssassin.
Excellent! I'm glad to hear that :D

So that cost you... $100 plus tax right?

I'm crying T__T

But that's awesome. Damn why don't I try to get a part time gig at the LEGO store.

We are getting ready to move and I'm tempted to look for places near the LEGO store simply for that purpose. I hope I'm not going insane for considering this!
I used $5 of my $40 VIP, so my total was $103 :D

As for working there, yeah!! I'm not just saying this because of the discount, but it's really, really great. It's so nice to work somewhere where you're genuinely excited about the products, and the people shopping there are too. Like... people come into Lego store... FOR Lego. So you've already got that in common. You meet people who are new to Lego or shopping for a kid, and you get to share your knowledge, tips, experience with them. Then you meet the real gnarly fans and get to hear about their MOCs and share stories about cool finds. It's just a really awesome place to work.

Enjoy! I liked it - not any super crazy building techniques, but its the biggest of the modulars and I like the interior.
Yeah I'm stoked due to the size, the elevator, and the mayor. Now I have a corrupt mayor Lego fig. HHMMWAHAHAHA.

would you recommend it above the grand emporium?
I haven't even built the Hall yet but I'd recommend it over the Emporium. The outside of GE is really really cool, but inside it just sucks. First floor has a couple nice details but two and three are barren and boring. The chandelier is nice though.

With your discount there is no excuse to miss any modular. :)

As a matter of fact, you should get all UCS stuff as well. :) Worst case is when you no longer work at the LEGO store you can sell it off or to be "legit" give it as a "gift" to a friend who will give you something in return (could be cash or something else).
The idea has certainly crossed my mind. Someone returned a [normal] Millenium Falcon yesterday and even though I have NO desire to have or build it, I did feel an impulse to grab it anyway to stow away for the future.

It's not like they drop in value THAT MUCH if they're open and built, right? As long as they're in good condition? I've seen so many sets on BrickLink or eBay that are discontinued and open or built or even missing figures/parts yet they still go for crazy prices.

We had friends of the family over for the Holiday today. When their kids saw all my Lego, I thought they were going to pass out. My modular set up is always a real head turner. I love all the attention it gets, lol.

I finally got clearance to put them on the mantle today. Picking up Parisian Restaurant in a couple of weeks for a second Spaceman promo, then I should still have room for the 2015 modular.

...and no, not going back for the CC/GG/MS sets.

Anyone know the type of piece that is the transparent pods (tall and ball rounded) that came in the galaxy squad sets? The ones you could fit in figures.

I ask because I'm suddenly craving to get a ton of trans 'blacktron' green once I have income again.

Also where can I find a archive of box set images front and back? Need it for an idea I'm referencing.

I finally got clearance to put them on the mantle today. Picking up Parisian Restaurant in a couple of weeks for a second Spaceman promo, then I should still have room for the 2015 modular.

...and no, not going back for the CC/GG/MS sets.

Nice. I also realize the futility of going back for missed modulars. I'm at a position that I may skip the Town Hall because I just have too many items on my list let alone pay a lot for an OOP set.

After awhile, those modulars start looking "normal" size and all other sets are puny. Makes people spend more. O_O

I was going to wait for October to order Tumbler to get double VIP and the holiday set, but seeing it be pushed back online makes me want to go get it this week before moving since a store is still nearby. Urgh. But then it is one more box to move.

You show this as I keep packing up all my current LEGO. Almost done. Just two or so boxes to go. Looking like about 15 boxes just for my collective of bricks. About 8 or so boxes (of varying sizes) to house all the sets I usually keep displayed and separate. One of those boxes contains a backlog of sets I bought the other week and am saving for the move.

Of course, adding one more giant set to it won't be that awful. Maybe just keep Tumbler in the car so I have something to build that week I am in temp housing before the new apartment is ready.

Ugh. So much more packing to do...I feel sick.

wetwired

I was going to wait for October to order Tumbler to get double VIP and the holiday set, but seeing it be pushed back online makes me want to go get it this week before moving since a store is still nearby. Urgh. But then it is one more box to move.

I was gonna get it on the first of Sept but now I have no options. I wonder if I should get the simpsons house or something instead in the meantime.

I looked up pics of some MOCs of what an UCS Slave 1 would look like. I am trying to figure out how huge they can make this thing. One rumor I saw from another site said it is about as long as the new Star Destroyer, which means this thing will be big.

Of course, I bet a big chunk of pieces will go to making the underside of the ship really detailed. Liked SNOT in all directions.

No - the person who has this info also has a pictures that he is going to post tomorrow. He's a reliable source, or else I would be calling shenanigans on this.

We shall see tomorrow...

KjJTEsO.gif

Perhaps Tumbler purchase shall wait. If Slave 1 is that good, that will be my big purchase this year then. I have faith.

neonglow

Here's my LEGO pickup today. Most were from the LEGO Store except for the ARC-170 polybag which I got at Toys R Us. My store didn't have the Halloween set with Dracula so I'll have to pick that up next time. I now own every single Mixel set released.

Rootbeer

Banned
UCS slave 1 has no Bossk this time :(

Was crossing my fingers on a new interpretation of IG-88 too.

Aftermarket for Bossk it is then.

Top Bottom