• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have the Slave I from 2010 so the UCS one doesn't excite me as much as it could have if I didn't own it.

I'd probably feel the same way, as that set is pretty good as it is.

But... I don't own it :p So... this is amazing

I still need to get a Bossk though, since he came with the 2010 set. Granted, he's not important to the Slave I itself as far as the OT goes but I do need him to round out my bounty hunter collection, which is nearly complete.

Ryuuroden

A little Orthanc teaser. One of the items going in the dungeon besides the human birdcages is this: THE RACK

14933221510_5cc1c5798e_k.jpg

14933189919_5b598eedbc_k.jpg

The chains can attach to both legs and both hands :D

I still need to get a Bossk though, since he came with the 2010 set. Granted, he's not important to the Slave I itself as far as the OT goes but I do need him to round out my bounty hunter collection, which is nearly complete.

I still need IG-88 and Dengar. One day i'll have the pair, but not today.

ghostmind

TTvG6rQ.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Who's GOT Bossk? Well, I will soon... just bricklinked him. Along with Santa Yoda and a few other Advent 2011 figs cause why not.

And yeah I need a Dengar :( You can get the "old" style Dengar pretty cheap, the newer one which looks way better is expensive though.

If I can get Dengar before UCS Slave I hits then I'll be totally set.

I also bought a lime green raptor... the set I almost scored on ebay earlier was the Dino set he comes in :( But since that did not pan out... I need a consolation prize.

Kind of a weird question, anyone have suggestions as to readily available joints to make a snake-like construct? I'm thinking maybe mixel joints or some of the cheaper hero factory sets that have a ton of balljoint pieces in.

The basic ball joints should be affordable on Bricklink.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=ball joint

These come in tons of sets. Quick check shows easy to find prices going for $0.01 - $0.02.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=57909
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92013

These are huge compared to Mixel small ball joints though.

I'm not a huge fan of the Slave I ship but it looks pretty good. Kudos to Lego for including a stand to display it so you can view the underside.

The windshield on Slave 1 better be printed. Otherwise we are going to have a curved sticker or two going around the back edge of it. I think it might be printed since there are studs there, but it might be two stickers. Ugh.

If the next modular really is a detective agency, it will be weird for me. I was working on a small modular MOC last year. The first floor was a bakery shop, and many things I did in it and techniques wound up being used in Parisian Restaurant.
Then I began on the second floor, which I wanted as a PI or detective office, including a murphy bed. So we got the murphy bed in Parisian Restaurant, and now might get a detective agency too?
It just feels odd that that one MOC seemed to foretell what was to come. Give me a job, LEGO.

Anyone familiar with this piece in Technic sets:

6036892.jpg

Link to part description

It's been used on a few builds I've got, but I have no clue what it's for. What's different about this gear vs every other gear?

It's aimed at power functions and can slip once the tension is there so the motor does not simply grind the gears.

Think lifting a boom arm on a crane, once it is fully lifted you shoul cut power but if you do not this gear will just turn on the internal part which saves the engine.

Hope that makes sense.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
God damn that Slave 1 looks incredible- much better than I expected. Can see me having another Day One purchase!

Has there a been a price rumoured or confirmed?

All LEGO finally packed. Phew. In total: 25 boxes and one ginormous rubbermaid container. There is literally a wall of nothing but boxes of LEGO here now. It is going to feel like Christmas opening these up in a few weeks at the new home.

All LEGO finally packed. Phew. In total: 25 boxes and one ginormous rubbermaid container. There is literally a wall of nothing but boxes of LEGO here now. It is going to feel like Christmas opening these up in a few weeks at the new home.

Pics!!

My packing is also done. Moving on the 5th so pics shortly after as boxes are all mixed right now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's aimed at power functions and can slip once the tension is there so the motor does not simply grind the gears.

Think lifting a boom arm on a crane, once it is fully lifted you shoul cut power but if you do not this gear will just turn on the internal part which saves the engine.

Hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense - thanks! It was actually in the 42009 crane that it caught my eye, and that's exactly why it would be used.

Pics!!

My packing is also done. Moving on the 5th so pics shortly after as boxes are all mixed right now.

Best thing about those boxes are they are uniform size and load bearing to boot. The pic does not include the large rubbermaid filled with disassembled sets and the other box with nothing but Best Star in it.

The boxes on the end are two boxes around each other to make one big box. Inside each are the really big LEGO boxes (like SSD and Best Star), that I then put still constructed modulars into. I think it was R-User or someone on here suggested putting each floor in a garbage bag then into a box. So if it breaks the pieces are all in a bag.

These huge boxes are filled with nothing but empty LEGO boxes that are broken down. These boxes are at least 4-5 feet long.

Also, I need another beer. It makes the packing more enjoyable.

Best thing about those boxes are they are uniform size and load bearing to boot. The pic does not include the large rubbermaid filled with disassembled sets and the other box with nothing but Best Star in it.

The boxes on the end are two boxes around each other to make one big box. Inside each are the really big LEGO boxes (like SSD and Best Star), that I then put still constructed modulars into. I think it was R-User or someone on here suggested putting each floor in a garbage bag then into a box. So if it breaks the pieces are all in a bag.

[photo deleted]
These huge boxes are filled with nothing but empty LEGO boxes that are broken down. These boxes are at least 4-5 feet long.

Also, I need another beer. It makes the packing more enjoyable.

Looks like a nice start to a LEGO collection. ;)
I'm in the same boat. At some point, I'll run out of money or space. I think 2015 is the year I commit to a budget and limit what I buy. I used to be a collector and would have kept boxes (I only keep UCS, modulars, etc), but I finally reached a breaking point where I knew it wasn't reasonable with space constraints and other factors.

EDIT: I usually label my moving boxes with "codes" so any potential thieves won't eye the boxes.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Slave I seems like a huge anti-climax to me. Seems a lot like the 2010 model, give or take. I'm sure with 1,400 more pieces it will seem better in the flesh - some comparison pics would be useful - but my bank manager is glad this one leaves me cold!

Slave I seems like a huge anti-climax to me. Seems a lot like the 2010 model, give or take. I'm sure with 1,400 more pieces it will seem better in the flesh - some comparison pics would be useful - but my bank manager is glad this one leaves me cold!

I want to see the undercarriage of it. I bet it looks really cool since they want to get all the engines and whatnot on it.

Problem for me with the OT is that basically every ship is a classic! The X-Wing is my favourite.

And the Falcon.

And the Star Destroyer.

And the TIE Fighter.

And... oh god.

Same here mate.

I've been wary of splashing out on UCS sets due to the Australian Lego Tax here but this Slave 1 does look fantastic. It's the best looking one I've seen out of the recent ones. Going to be hard to pass it up.

Ryuuroden

mmmmmm, just integrated 4 bricklink orders that arrived this afternoon into my Orthanc. Just need the other 7 orders to arrive, or at least the ones that will allow me to finish off the basement dungeon so I can post some photos. It's starting to look damn fine though. Looking like I am mixing in just the right amount of alternate colors with the black to really make it stand out. Like how I changed the dungeon cells to dark bley and tiled floors to dark bley and dark grey. I have also added in dark brown and flat silver. On the other floors I have some cool ideas for pearl gold chandeliers and light fixtures to add to the color. Going to see what I can do with Cinderella's carriage wheels. I want to convert them into part of a chandelier for the main entry. I have started working on the main entry but only partials. At least I know that, by the end of the week, I will probably be working on the levels above those large side wall pieces I have photographed and shown before. That will be a huge step forward in construction.

rallaren

cxJR67g.jpg

http://imgur.com/DDCr969.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/tC2sUft.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/YS5gFNz.jpg[IMG]

Thanks to just2good on EuroBricks for finding these images. His video reveal can be found here: [URL="http://youtu.be/F6klsWiZWlA"]http://youtu.be/F6klsWiZWlA[/URL][/QUOTE]
Looks great. Love the box art. It's one of my fav ships from the movies. I hope it has many features. [I]Hope[/I].

I'm kind of bummed though because it's new in a SW smartphone game I play and the stats are not that great on it despite being rare. Oh well I'll just try thinking the positives.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I moved out of my parents back in November but only just recently finished moving most of it in. Still a few boxes to cart in, but the smaller space means ive had to downsize a little- lots of loose unsorted bulk to sell locally. It means i can refine the collection and only keep bricks/sets i need, and even better, replace buy with even newer stuff :)

wetwired

Once again my wallet thanks me for outright refusing to collect star wars from the beginning. I imagine it's a lot like crack, just one taste and you're hooked.

Once again my wallet thanks me for outright refusing to collect star wars from the beginning. I imagine it's a lot like crack, just one taste and you're hooked.

Not sure about you, but Super Heroes theme will be the death of my wallet if they expand it it to Star Wars levels. I'll eventually end up just paying the high markups for minifigs instead of getting all the sets. 2015 will be a killer.

Phthisis

Hi LEGO thread.

Brickwars is great, mindless fun.
I wanted to try Mobile Frame Zero for a long time now, but I can't find anyone to play it with. Same with LEGO Quest :(

So I played a demo of MFZ at PAX this weekend.

Holy fuck. It's awesome. So awesome that I bought the rulebook. Just ordered a whole bunch of tiny pieces to put a company together. Pictures coming once I get my tiny mecha built.

Not sure about you, but Super Heroes theme will be the death of my wallet if they expand it it to Star Wars levels. I'll eventually end up just paying the high markups for minifigs instead of getting all the sets. 2015 will be a killer.

It's okay until you start buying up all those Comic Con exclusive minifigs

Trying to decide what to buy for $99 to get that Spaceman promo. Thought about just buying the promo on eBay, but some crazy prices. Might as well buy something.

Already got the Mini, otherwise that would have been perfect. Too bad its not Double VIP this month.

neonglow

Trying to decide what to buy for $99 to get that Spaceman promo. Thought about just buying the promo on eBay, but some crazy prices. Might as well buy something.

Already got the Mini, otherwise that would have been perfect. Too bad its not Double VIP this month.

What about the Advent Calendars? They're all available now.

I think you need some Mixels. All of series 2 and 3 combined will get you to almost $90.

wetwired

Yeah I've had to be very selective in just the super heroes theme alone

Someone returned the Ultimate Spider-Man set with Spidey VS Doc Ock with Iron Fist. It rings up as $15, so it'd be about $7.50, but I dunno, should I? Is Iron Fist available anywhere else? I already have the new Doc and a Spidey, the biggest draw for me is The Fist and maybe some of the parts?

Eklipsis

Someone returned the Ultimate Spider-Man set with Spidey VS Doc Ock with Iron Fist. It rings up as $15, so it'd be about $7.50, but I dunno, should I? Is Iron Fist available anywhere else? I already have the new Doc and a Spidey, the biggest draw for me is The Fist and maybe some of the parts?

6873? For $7.50 I would

Top Bottom