• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Attention Canadians
All Galaxy Squad sets are 50% off at TRU, starting this Friday.

Thanks!!

This is good news...I'm in Phoenix tomorrow (just for the day) and then LA for the next several days after a quick return trip, so Friday is actually a viable shopping day for me in Canada.

What Galaxy Squad sets should I get? I got the Hive Crawler at 50% off and liked it. I have a bunch of poly bags & Crater Creeper as well.

I check TRU once per week as I anticipate a reduction in the Constitution Train Chase...sadly it hasn't happened yet.

Thanks!!

This is good news...I'm in Phoenix tomorrow (just for the day) and then LA for the next several days after a quick return trip, so Friday is actually a viable shopping day for me in Canada.

What Galaxy Squad sets should I get? I got the Hive Crawler at 50% off and liked it. I have a bunch of poly bags & Crater Creeper as well.

I check TRU once per week as I anticipate a reduction in the Constitution Train Chase...sadly it hasn't happened yet.

Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer are the required sets.

I hope that the 50% off sale comes to the US, I missed out on a set at work (had 3 for weeks and weeks and suddenly all gone) and it's going to drive me crazy.

ghostmind

kuKGIPK.jpg

This is the upcoming performance car/racing theme.

No, system though I don't know if minifig scale.

75899 - La Ferrari
75908 - 458 Italia GT2
75909 - McLaren P1
75910 - Porsche 918 Spyder
75911 - McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop
75912 - Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75913 - T & F14 Ferrari Truck

All to the scale that the Mini Cooper and VW Camper are!

ghostmind

All to the scale that the Mini Cooper and VW Camper are!

LOL, I don't think so... here are some rough price conversions:

$20: 458 Italia GT2
$20: LaFerrari
$20: McLaren P1
$20: Porsche 918 Spyder
$60: McLaren Mercedes Pitstop
$80: Porsche 911 GT Finish
$150: F14 and Scuderina Ferrari

No, system though I don't know if minifig scale.

75899 - La Ferrari
75908 - 458 Italia GT2
75909 - McLaren P1
75910 - Porsche 918 Spyder
75911 - McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop
75912 - Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75913 - T & F14 Ferrari Truck

I'm not a car person, but these look promising. I'll probably pick up a few of the middle to lower priced ones. I have a few car people at work that I may be able to covert to LEGO for some of these sets. The Porsche fanboy would go for the 911 if it looks good.

Ainaurdur

The $20 sets sound like they'll be not quite mini fig scale, similar to some of the Creator car sets from the last few years.
The four small sets and the $60 set sound like they could all be the same small scale, buy them all to have a six car starting grid for a nice race MOC.

Then the other two sets a larger more detailed scale for collectable display.

I may be open to getting the entire line, depending on how the details come out.

Zerojul

Good thing I'm not into racing/sports cars at all, that means more money for other themes :)
I'm gonna keep an eye on the larger sets though, if the finished models are as good as the Camper and the Mini I might give in at some point.

neonglow

PSA: Target has CMF Series 12 for only $2.99! I was so surprised, I ended up buying more than a full set.

The wizard is the highlight of this series. From the glittery cap to his hat, his ensemble is excellent.

I also liked Genie Girl and Piggy Guy. It took me forever to find a single Jester. Had to go through so many stupid Video Game Guys to find the Jester.

Here's a feel guide if you need one: http://www.neoape.com/feel-guide-for-lego-collectable-minifigures-series-12/

Rootbeer

Banned
Jester was hardest for me to locate as well. I still want to get a second one, because those printed card pieces are awesome.

And 2.99... i heard someone else mention it a while back but thought it could be a price error. I'll be hitting up Target tomorrow.

Bricklink question.

Looking at superlots It's really annoying that the price of the complete super lot isn't required to match the sum of the single elements.
I want to buy a complete set of S12 and all the super lots 'look' very cheap at first with 2.50 per fig, but then the sum is suddenly 70+...

I think my girlfriend and I are really gonna wind up paying the big bucks for a haunted house if we don't strike gold at a local store in the next couple days.

EDIT: New minifig series looks amazing.

I wish there was some kind of consistency with Targets and Lego. I was just at the Burbank Target tonight and there were no CMF at all. Same with the Glendale Target (and TRU) as of two days ago.

:T

Zerojul

Got this baby in the mail today :

Already have the Post Office, the Market and the Bakery. Now I only need the Toy Shop and Santa Workshop and I will be a happy camper.
Still need to figure out where the hell I'm going to display all of those for Christmas in my 40m2 apartment :)

Got this baby in the mail today :

Already have the Post Office, the Market and the Bakery. Now I only need the Toy Shop and Santa Workshop and I will be a happy camper.
Still need to figure out where the hell I'm going to display all of those for Christmas in my 40m2 apartment :)

Such a great set. I am getting excited about pulling out the holiday sets soon.

They do take up a lot of space though. Last year I don't think I displayed the small builds along with the main buildings for that reason.

MEIN GOTT.

Helloooooooooooooo, favourite Lego theme.

Krilekk

Banned
Soooooo after seven weeks on backorder I got shipping confirmation of Research Institute. For the first weeks they were sending me mails that it was still coming but could take some time, then the mails stopped and I figured it's gonna be cancelled. But no, it arrives tomorrow.

Winter Village is such a nice theme, it's what got me back into LEGO last year. The market was my first LEGO set from S@H and it led to LEGO worth 2000 € built, a backlog of 3500 € of sets and another 1500 € worth of sets for investment. I basically spent every dime I had after living expenses on LEGO. And then some I made reselling sets.

Ponn

Banned
What retail stores have people lucked out with new Mixel waves, Target? I need some but my money situation is tight and looks like i may not be able to make an Oct order.

Also new CMFs, i specifically am looking for Spooky Girl and Piggy

What retail stores have people lucked out with new Mixel waves, Target? I need some but my money situation is tight and looks like i may not be able to make an Oct order.

Also new CMFs, i specifically am looking for Spooky Girl and Piggy

I've seen S3 Mixels at Tartget; Walgreens had both the Mixels and the new CMF's.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found and passed on the new pizza place mini modular. $19.99 or free with $60.00 purchase. I simply could not find anything worth buying... Argh. If only they'd put those blasted Hobbit sets out.

neonglow

Found and passed on the new pizza place mini modular. $19.99 or free with $60.00 purchase. I simply could not find anything worth buying... Argh. If only they'd put those blasted Hobbit sets out.

I found the movie theater at my local Toys R Us. When I tried to buy it, the register refused me. It said the sale date was 10/4.

Rootbeer

Banned
I found the movie theater at my local Toys R Us. When I tried to buy it, the register refused me. It said the sale date was 10/4.

interesting... well I did not try to buy it but I did bring it to customer service and have them scan it to confirm the free promo, since it was not posted anywhere in the LEGO section. They quoted the $60 to me and that was that. They said nothing about a hard sell date. Wonder if I could have gotten away with buying it? :p The people there know me really well since i'm one of the crazy ones in there a few times a week. They've handwaved several things for me.

I've been looking to move my LEGO storage to the next level. I've been using Sterilite drawers, Sterilite plastic boxes, and generic plastic bags. I am very happy with it, but I'm at the point I have enough small items to warrant getting Small Drawer Storage Cabinets.
There are two main brands: Stack-On vs Akro-Mils

Anyone have recommendations between the two?
I bought a Stack-On, but after reading reviews and doing more research it seems Akro-Mils is the higher quality one (it's definitely the more expensive one).

I only have 1 Stack-On so I can still switch, but once I have another Stack-on my OCD won't let me switch and have a mix of different types of drawers. I'm already committed to the Walmart Sterilite drawers. It will drive me crazy if they change the drawer style. Target Sterilite drawers are different, but I believe the sizes are exactly the same as Walmart's.

I found this thread, and have been going through it.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26213&st=0

----
Stack-On
Pros:
- cheaper
- clear drawers

Cons:
- harder plastic and can crack easier if drop drawer

Akro-Mils
Pros:
- better reviews
- more durable plastic (has more flex)

Cons:
- more expensive
- opaque drawers

EDIT:

These are somewhat comparable. Stack-On is a bit deeper though by about 1.5" and is lighter. I already have the Stack-On one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HJBA1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2UOCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ryuuroden

I've been looking to move my LEGO storage to the next level. I've been using Sterilite drawers, Sterilite plastic boxes, and generic plastic bags. I am very happy with it, but I'm at the point I have enough small items to warrant getting Small Drawer Storage Cabinets.
There are two main brands: Stack-On vs Akro-Mils

Anyone have recommendations between the two?
I bought a Stack-On, but after reading reviews and doing more research it seems Akro-Mils is the higher quality one (it's definitely the more expensive one).

I only have 1 Stack-On so I can still switch, but once I have another Stack-on my OCD won't let me switch and have a mix of different types of drawers. I'm already committed to the Walmart Sterilite drawers. It will drive me crazy if they change the drawer style. Target Sterilite drawers are different, but I believe the sizes are exactly the same as Walmart's.

I found this thread, and have been going through it.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26213&st=0

----
Stack-On
Pros:
- cheaper
- clear drawers

Cons:
- harder plastic and can crack easier if drop drawer

Akro-Mils
Pros:
- better reviews
- more durable plastic (has more flex)

Cons:
- more expensive
- opaque drawers

EDIT:

These are somewhat comparable. Stack-On is a bit deeper though by about 1.5" and is lighter. I already have the Stack-On one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HJBA1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2UOCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

hmmm, I have 6 of those types of storage, 4 like the stack-ons but they dont have transparent drawers (purchased at Ace Hardware) and 2 like the akro mils (purchased at The Container Store) Not sure what brands they are but They both work fine. I think you should go with what works best for you and also what fits best in your hobby room. I will say that over time as I have increased their number, I have wished for transparent rather than opaque at times so it was easier to tell what was in it. But I have every unit organized somewhat in a way that makes sense to me so that as long as I haven't stopped using them for a while I can usually find what I am looking for pretty quick. I basically use mine for all sorts of bricks and plates and other things that I would register as modified or specialized such as bricks with knobs on the side, curved bricks of various types, wedge bricks, plates with c-clips or tracking. I have a custom built pull drawer unit for all my various 1 by plates up to 1x6 and all my various tiles and round plates i have in numbers less than 1000.

So, no Halloween diorama for Phoney Bone this year. Our apartment will not be completed until November 1st now. URGH! One and a half months later than promised. Thankfully, the property manager is getting my wife and I into a smaller two bedroom apartment for the month of October, so we can have the movers drop our stuff there. But then at the end of the month we move again to the permanent apartment. Ugh. September has been the month from hell in that regard. At least my new job is stress free, which is good.

But when in the smaller place for one month, I will probably open up Spaceship! and Super Secret Police Dropship so I have something to build. And I won't be stuck in a tiny hotel room. These last few weeks have been testing my sanity.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got an pretty good deal on the entire Lone Ranger run from last year. I need some Old West elements to do some Dark Tower MOCs. Still working on building the perfect Roland.

Thirsty for lego? That's different.
Hahaha are you new to the thread? We all are. :p

Honestly though, I know we'll get them at work on Oct 1st, but we're limited to 16 just like everyone else. I like to have a little wiggle room and pick up some from other places in the event I screw up and get two of the same from work.

Plus if the Simpsons line was anything to go by its going to be just a total nightmare trying to get a full set from work, standing in the corner of the store crowded by everyone else trying to feel out each figure before they're all gone.

Honestly though, I know we'll get them at work on Oct 1st, but we're limited to 16 just like everyone else. I like to have a little wiggle room and pick up some from other places in the event I screw up and get two of the same from work.

Plus if the Simpsons line was anything to go by its going to be just a total nightmare trying to get a full set from work, standing in the corner of the store crowded by everyone else trying to feel out each figure before they're all gone.

Well, I've been out of it for a long time.

Would be interesting to try again after this long but the sets are so pricey. Gonna be hard to rebuild that old collection. I had all my sets in a single chest. All in pieces.

Ah well, I'll have a look again. Thanks for the thread!

neonglow

I prefer buying CMFs from other places than the LEGO store. At other stores, it's usually just one box so it's pretty quick to get a full set. At LEGO stores, the bins can have so many packets that you have to feel a ton to get a full set. Even if the bin is full you can't be sure every minifigure will be in there.

"Today, we're cancellin' the apocalypse!" (MOC I made)

Is that based on something or is it an original? Very cool looking.

I prefer buying CMFs from other places than the LEGO store. At other stores, it's usually just one box so it's pretty quick to get a full set. At LEGO stores, the bins can have so many packets that you have to feel a ton to get a full set. Even if the bin is full you can't be sure every minifigure will be in there.

Don't forget the distribution is waaay better now. There are 3 complete sets in a box now. I prefer LEGO store because I know I can get a full set if I have the time because I can always ask them to open a new box. I think the shelf "case" at my LEGO store holds about 2 boxes.

Top Bottom