• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Got some updates on my Orthanc. I finished the lighting on the basement and first floor as well as the floors themselves. Will be starting on the 2nd floor tomorrow and I am excited that I will finally be moving beyond the current outside walls. There are 9 LED's so far in the MOC. 5 in the basement and 4 on the first floor.

EDIT: Lol, of course its at the end of the page, on purpose to hide it >.>

WOW.

Ravek

Banned
Got some updates on my Orthanc. I finished the lighting on the basement and first floor as well as the floors themselves. Will be starting on the 2nd floor tomorrow and I am excited that I will finally be moving beyond the current outside walls. There are 9 LED's so far in the MOC. 5 in the basement and 4 on the first floor.

Its really looking fantastic so far.

based on what I read on Reddit the head parts of the new Bionicle are not the old ones but new ones.

EDIT: I realize that was a given but it's important as it seems old masks may not work on these new heads

2nd EDIT: still surprised Lego dosnt sell bricks with standard LEDs as lighting integrated into the piece with some form of easy replace battery, but in other regards I can understand why they don't do that. The current light up bricks are cool but still limited.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ryuuroden what are you using as reference for your design, is there a detailed cross-section of the tower (much like the amazing star wars cross section books)?

I'm sure you have lots of movie stills too, of course.

Anyway, it is definitely turning out excellent and I need to get myself an Orthanc, even if I never plan to build a custom one anywhere near that huge it's the last LotR/Hobbit set I need other than the Pirate Ship, which I am comfortable in skipping.

Something I made (see...stickers can be useful :p )

So awesome! We need some Super Hero battle packs.

So is that for a teeth whitening ad? The superior race has very white teeth!

And eight hours later I emerge from a MOC constructing haze and realize that I'm starving. And instead of doing something about it, I go to post on a forum...

I'm making a really cool build, but it's for a competition so I'm pretty sure I can't show it off yet. Which is going to be really annoying.

Dude, it's like a marathon. You need sustenance to keep going. Get some energy/protein bars. It'll keep you going longer and keep your mind and strength up.

15349155616_2de99962b0_b.jpg
1966 BATMOBILE by "Orion Pax", on Flickr

More photos of Orion Pax's awesome Batmobile.
http://orionpax.de/23/index.php/showroom/gallery/58/LED-SCALE

yami4ct

Alright LegoGaf, I need a bit of advice and I thought you'd be the guys to ask. A while back, I was on a bit of a Lego kick and bought and built a UCS Imperial Shuttle. It was a fun build, and I enjoy having it, but I'm starting to think it might be time to part with it. I could use the cash/space to build other collections of mine.

My questions for you guys, if I were to sell it now, would I regret it? As in, does the value of this thing look to increase astronomically in perhaps the next 1-2 years? The kit is currently built, but I do have all other pieces including mini-fig accessories, box and manual. If I do decide to sell it, where's my best shot? I normally throw stuff on eBay, but I know that's not the best option for a lot of things.

Thanks for your opinions, guys, and I hope you're have fun building!

Zerojul

Amazing work !!!

Stunning! Have you made sure that the entire thing will fit in your house? Also, is it possible to take it apart for transportation?

Alright LegoGaf, I need a bit of advice and I thought you'd be the guys to ask. A while back, I was on a bit of a Lego kick and bought and built a UCS Imperial Shuttle. It was a fun build, and I enjoy having it, but I'm starting to think it might be time to part with it. I could use the cash/space to build other collections of mine.

My questions for you guys, if I were to sell it now, would I regret it? As in, does the value of this thing look to increase astronomically in perhaps the next 1-2 years? The kit is currently built, but I do have all other pieces including mini-fig accessories, box and manual. If I do decide to sell it, where's my best shot? I normally throw stuff on eBay, but I know that's not the best option for a lot of things.

Thanks for your opinions, guys, and I hope you're have fun building!

Have a look at Bricklink for a price guide.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10212-1

Ryuuroden

Ryuuroden what are you using as reference for your design, is there a detailed cross-section of the tower (much like the amazing star wars cross section books)?

I'm sure you have lots of movie stills too, of course.

Anyway, it is definitely turning out excellent and I need to get myself an Orthanc, even if I never plan to build a custom one anywhere near that huge it's the last LotR/Hobbit set I need other than the Pirate Ship, which I am comfortable in skipping.

I got some ideas from cut outs from some LoTR board games that involved spying in isengard, plus the movie and the MMO which I have a lifetime account for even though i quit playing it a year and a half ago. I can still access it for referal. Even with all of that, my interior is still mostly based on how I imagine it would be. At least so far. The dungeons and 1st floor armory and such are completely mine while some of the furniture design has been adapted and modified from other sets, at least on the first floor. The armory is all my design with the exception of the chandelier which is adapted from the Grand Emporium. I figure Saruman bastardized Isengard by adding orcish things but that old stuff would remain so the clashing between the chandelier and weapons is on purpose. The idea is that in the past that room served more humane purposes.

Stunning! Have you made sure that the entire thing will fit in your house? Also, is it possible to take it apart for transportation?

....I hope it fits in my house :D (It's supposed to). The first 2 floors are attached but every floor after that I am attempting to make removable, ala modulars. Each floor has an independent LED power source. For instance, on the first floor the power source is hidden inside the fireplace. There is a little hole near the top in which to stick a thin object to flip the switch activating it.

ghostmind

Another one flies off into the sunset...

N8JWYXp.jpg

10226 Sopwith Camel - which debuted in June 2012 - is now OOP on S@H, and unavailable at most major retailers.

Ironmask

Another one flies off into the sunset...

N8JWYXp.jpg

10226 Sopwith Camel - which debuted in June 2012 - is now OOP on S@H, and unavailable at most major retailers.

For some reason it never kicked in for the afos, it was my first big set after the dark years and found it hard to build but awarding at the end.

Hope to be still in time to get the VW

Quick snap from the Lego Batman 3 booth at EuroGamer 2014 this Friday just gone. The game itself was fun but a little frustrating as I'm not really into Batman so don't know what all the suits do, same goes for Robin whom my wife was controlling (that added another level of frustration)

And a little something picked up at Westfield when getting dinner. Wanted 2 guitars for my "on hold but soon to be resumed now we have moved" Taito arcade.

Useless sets, tons of good figures. I guess they've sold the big sets to all the crazies who wanted the figures at any cost, now they can get the impulse buyers. I'm getting the couch and the Batman set but I probably won't even build the sets themselves.

Is there a reason why Emmet is eating a waffle and Lord Business is all happy and comfortable? Post-movie scene?

Rootbeer

Banned
Guys I am developing a bricklink problem :p It's so much fun there T__T I now own a very large number of CMFs I missed out on!

And wow i love that the $20 2015 lego movie set has TWO unikitty faces, hurrah!!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Useless sets, tons of good figures. I guess they've sold the big sets to all the crazies who wanted the figures at any cost, now they can get the impulse buyers. I'm getting the couch and the Batman set but I probably won't even build the sets themselves.

Is there a reason why Emmet is eating a waffle and Lord Business is all happy and comfortable? Post-movie scene?

SPOILER ALERT:
Everything is awesome.

Experien

Just built my Milano...interesting and not too bad. I don't like how of the pieces overlap and one of my wings is pretty bent which is sad :(

But it is pretty sweet!

Rootbeer

Banned
Any doubters going to eat crow on the double-decker couch set? Come on, that's a really nice minifig lineup. And you even get Emmet's car! If you liked the film how could you pass on that set, EVEN if you already owned the couch from the Sea Cow set.

ghostmind

All of these LEGO Movie sets are a buy for me. Printed waffle element, Emmet's Car (which was a TRU special event build), unique Unikittys, unique Vitruvious ghost, unique Bad Cop face print, new Movie police vehicles that fit along with the 2014 sets). Good stuff.

wetwired

I'll definitely grab those 2, good way to get the minifigs and my ghostbusters need a ghost virtruvious to bust.

I don't think I've ever seen any sets that loaded with minifigs with so few bricks to accompany them. Even army builder sets have more parts than that

The more I look at them, the more I'm really really into the new TLM sets.

Has there ever been a waffle before?

Bad Cop's chair!!!

"Good" President Business!

The Bad Cop's Car Chase looks so cool, buy a bunch of them and make a massive fleet of cop cars and bikes all led by Bad Cop in his hover car, frick yeah!!

I am slightly bummed that BCCC isn't a little bigger with the Pig Sled, really wanted some Lego piggies.

There better still be one more set that's retailer exclusive which is why we haven't seen it yet. I'm gettin mad :mad:

Caladrius

Double Decker couch is probably going to be one of the few movie sets I get.

Super-mixed. Tahu, Pohatu, Onua (based off the earlier images) and Kopaka look fine, Gali would look nice if it weren't for that mask, and I'm not sure what to make of Lewa. Skull Spider doesn't look that interesting. I'll probably get them for nostalgia's sake but I'm disappointed they weren't very faithful to the originals for the most part.

Super-mixed. Tahu, Pohatu, Onua (based off the earlier images) and Kopaka look fine, Gali would look nice if it weren't for that mask, and I'm not sure what to make of Lewa. Skull Spider doesn't look that interesting. I'll probably get them for nostalgia's sake but I'm disappointed they weren't very faithful to the originals for the most part.

Looking at the masks they seem super faithful while also spicing it up. Put them side by side for comparison and you'll see how similar the masks are with a few additions. Gali is the only odd one in terms of masks.

But yeah, the spider sucks, but I'll probably get it anyway knowing me.

Top Bottom